TeamHealth Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
EHR Director - Post-Acute Care (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAFebruary 12, 2018
TeamHealth is not a good place to work. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Management is not supportive and does not create a good environment. Does not develop current staff.
Cons
Toxic work environment
production fun environment work place
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNFebruary 6, 2018
laid back team oriented work environment with great benefits and job advancement. management and supervisors always very willing to help out when need
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no sick leave
ok work situation
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 29, 2018
Work was ok here, alot of learning about insurance. The atmosphere was ok, very young supervisors in many areas. Learning about Workman's comp and other insurance rules and regulations.
Pros
interesting work.
Cons
poor pay
LOVE TH Corporate!
Employee (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 27, 2018
The overall theme of the company is breath-taking. They really are amazing but I think they are struggling to deal with their large take overs. Corporate environment was amazing and they really made you feel welcome and wanted.

The providers were amazing people!!!!

Other outlier locations? Not so much. It's still very much the 'good ole boys' club.
Pros
Great Corporate Office
Cons
Outlier Office Locations, Lack of HR Support, Outliers control your promotions ... so they will be none
former employee
Senior Provider Enrollment/Credentials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 27, 2018
I learned invaluable skills that I hope to use elsewhere and better myself. company afforded me many benefits and luxuries that will be hard to find elsewhere, such as positive work-life balance.
Its a job
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 24, 2018
A job that pays the bills but the managers don't appreciate the employees so basically just come do your job and go home to your family. Good benefits
With the right relationships your work day can be smooth
Hospital Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2018
I worked for Team Health for two years under different managers. I was fortunate enough to get along with management so my work day was relatively smooth and without hiccups. Corporate was a very different environment and never gave anyone peace of mind. My stresses came from within the office due to insecure associates. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my physicians and having contact with my hospitals and working on my census and clinical work. Ultimately there were lay offs and my office was closed.
Productive place to work at
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 23, 2018
If you are starting your career in Medical coding, Team Health is the place to be. You are taught in a classroom setting for two weeks and then put on the floor for training.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Short breaks
Awful place to work!
Coder/Biller (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJanuary 21, 2018
I worked in billing/coding, trainers were very nice and helpful, but they taught you to do it their way, which most of the time was wrong. Lots of double billing and Medicare fraud being taught. When I questioned certain things I was told by management to do it the way I was told or be fired. If you have a family expect to never see them, you will have minimum of 8hrs overtime every week. Upper management is awful and doesn't care about you.
Pros
Nice break room, gym
Cons
Hours, management, billing/coding fraud
Not for me
Medical Coder/Biller (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 16, 2018
I worked at home and quickly realized it was not for me. I am a people person and did not realize it till i started the job. I would not recommend this job to someone who likes to talk to people and be a part of a team.
Not the best place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Very stressful and unorganized place to work. If you just want a job to get a pay check then this place may work for you otherwise, I would say pass. It used to be a nice company to work for and then they got to big and forgot about the employees. Everything now is about the bottom line.
Pros
Free coffee, tea
Cons
Upstream Management
Peers are great, management not
Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 12, 2018
Peers are collaberative and easy to work with. As with any job, it depends on if you have a good manager or not. That can make or break you. I have had both here. However, they do play favorites, like any other place.
great job to work for
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 12, 2018
to be an emplyee whom like fast pace environment
this is a perfect company.
i definitely enjoyed and obtained lots of knowledge
great place to grow. thanks
I would have liked to retire from here
Anesthesia Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 11, 2018
I really enjoy the work. My managers are wonderful. They always check with me and make sure I don't need anything. They are not only focused on work but they make time to check on my personal life to make sure I don't need any assistance. They take the time to take care of there employees . I will miss this job and the company and it's people.
Pros
Relaxed environment. They give plenty our time to meet goals.
Cons
That I have to leave is the only con.
I can't say anything
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJanuary 6, 2018
My training manager was terrific. I was taught as a child that if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. So my every answer on here will be that my training manager was terrific.
Pros
My training manager was terrific.
great
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 6, 2018
good company with a good reputation industry leader talented employees widespread service lines national locations trusted in idustry progressive work practices
Great Company to work for
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Good place to work, great people with room for
advancement and learning. Over 20 years would not
have left but the company relocated out of state. At
the time I was not able to relocate with the company.
Pros
enjoyed the work enviroment
no work life balance
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 1, 2018
If you would like to have a decent work life balance, then this is certainly not the place for you. The work load is very unreasonable. Managers expect you to check your emails even if you are on vacation, even if they do not say so. After being with this company for a while, you will learn that if you do not do so, you will be regretting going on vacation anyway. They throw 100 task for you to do at once. If you 99 things right, no one will say anything, but if you mess up on that 1 thing, be prepared to get emails from everyone.
This is also a very cut throat work environment. Cover your self with documentation. Your co-workers will not hesitate to throw you under the bus to make them selves look good to upper management.

If you want to enjoy time withy our family, and not constantly chained to your emails, or take a vacation day without working the entire day anyway, then please take my advice and go else where. Upper management does not care about you, just how much they can get out of you at all cost. Employees are not appreciated here at all!!! Stay away!!!
Pros
Cons
no work life balance, hostile work environment
Very laid back.
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 27, 2017
Very laid back position most of time. Team Health management can be difficult to work with at times. PTO time and other benefits available for full-time employees.
flexible work
PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 17, 2017
Flexible schedule, must be able to manage time and home life due to charting and seeing patients (that's the hardest part of the job). Best part of the job is no micro-managing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeamHealth. Our community is ready to answer.