TeamHealth Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed this position a great deal
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHMay 24, 2016
Had many different responsibilities and statistical reporting to send to corporate office. I enjoyed gathering the data needed. Monthly meeting minutes; chart deficiencies and audits; BWC; assisting patients with billing issues; working closely with corporate office to promote the company's vision.
Pros
Very busy office
Cons
Dealing with public can be difficult at times
n/a
Assistant Vice President of Operations - (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 24, 2016
Great place to work. I have worked for Team Health for over 18 years and have seen the company grow and change. Like most healthcare companies the goal was to acquire and become one of the largest healthcare companies. .
productive
denials & appeals/A/R rep (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMay 23, 2016
a typical day @ work-i walk to my desk & turned my computer on so i could clock in & started working on my list that was assigned to me that day.
filing clerk
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 22, 2016
great place to work its awesome the new challenging information you learn about the animals. It keeps you busy every day never a duel moment. the hardest part was not being able to work their full time i was a intern
Pros
its a great place
Team Health
A Physician Billing and Collection Company (Former Employee) –  Copley, OHMay 22, 2016
A great place to work. They offered great benefits and a casual atmosphere. I enjoyed the staff that worked for me. Overall a good experience.
Pros
flex scheduling, casual attire
Cons
short breaks
Challenging, exciting, great company, with great leadership
VP Compliance (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 13, 2016
I worked at the corporate office and had the opportunity to work with all of the regional offices and clinical staff. There was never a day without a challenge, which kept the work life exciting and challenging. All of TeamHealth with which I worked were professional, forthcoming, helpful, and friendly. Management was always there when you needed them. The best job in my 54 year career in healthcare.
Pros
Supportive, and Caring. Providing workplace education when needed.
Cons
None.
generally a nice place to work
staff CRNA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 4, 2016
very good at patient safety, but there was tension between physician and nurse anesthesia, although cordial, but the busy work for the company was frustrating. Generally the people are easy to work with, but whoever is running the schedule (MDA), the consistency of keeping track of who is in cases or not, led to staff frustration. The medical director for our department was also the CMO for the hospital. Felt she was juggling too many responsibilities. The surgeons were easy to work with as was the OR staff. It was difficult to find time for appointments due to schedule, the time off calender
was challenging. The process for educaitonal reimbursement was combesome and had to be approved by too many people. Enjoyed my time working at St. Francis
Pros
free lunch
Cons
time off, and breaks, especially after hours
productive with team effort
POST ACUTE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 25, 2016
Typical day in my position is very busy and demanding. Learning ICD-10 Codes. Management has had some really big changes lately so it is still trying to get it together. My co-workers for the most part are great.

The hardest part of my job are there are not enough hours in the day.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that this is a company who definitely appreciates their employees, and employee recognition, in my opinion is extremely important.

Making your employees feel like you need them and they are doing a good job keeps them coming back, less call outs and more productivity.
Pros
Employee appreciation
very fast paced place to work
Clerical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLMarch 25, 2016
on phones all day with insurance companies and patients. everyone worked as a team player. Hardest part was getting management to help with issues you needed their approval on.
Pros
great emplyees
Cons
management hard to work with
TeamHealth was an exciting company to work for. I gained knowledge about Emergency providers and what each one needs to keep their licenses current.
Administrative Assistant/Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moore, OK 73160March 7, 2016
The closeness of family atmosphere and the way you were individually allowed to express ideas without being "shot down" is most refreshing.
Opportunities for advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 2, 2016
Was a good company until corporate management came into play. Company not very innovative as compared to smaller competition. Good job at annual events to disseminate information and above average training resources
Pros
Can work from home
Fantastic colleagues
Emergency Room Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 2, 2016
Great opportunity to take care of challenging patient population. Colleagues make the difference; Bon Secours takes its role as leading charity hospital in the state admirably.
Great work experience! Loved dealing directly with patients!
Registered Nurse, Pre-Admission Testing (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 26, 2016
Wonderful group to work with...always willing to help when needed. Great benefits! Typical day would have 20-22 patients that I reviewed history, anesthesia and surgical procedure with. Answered any questions that may have, made them more comfortable about their upcoming surgery.
benefits
Great work environment
Hospital Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLFebruary 3, 2016
My opinion about TeamHealth is that, it was great place to work. Life long friendships are made as well as professional relationships. The company is a family friendly company, often having events for employee family members such as: company pic nics and holiday celebrations. I learned the importance of professionalism and hard work. The hardest part of the job are restrictions on office hours. No overtime.
Pros
Company perks
Cons
Non
Outpatient ER Remote Coder (Current Employee) –  Runnemede, NJDecember 13, 2015
With such diversity in the workplace, it has a homie feeling which make each individual work towards the same goal. Typical workday 8 hours
Team Health is a great company to work for. Just has some issues
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 3, 2015
Worked in very stressful call center . I enjoyed do the medical billing & the learning experience . Their would be few things I would change. But has a great upper management
Busy emergency department. Great staff
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 2, 2015
I enjoy working in the emergency department. Staff is supportive. Team Health is and continues to be a great employer. Numbers are an important part of the a typical day at work, however patient care is most important.
quite poor
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 22, 2015
This was the only company i had worked for that did not appreciate the hard work I put in. They overworked everyone and paid little. Upper management is terrible. A bunch of rednecks...
productive place to work for
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work for with advancement within the company. The company is growing quickly. Management is supportive and helpful. I have learned from my co-workers and enjoy working with them.
Nice Place to work- Easy and rewarding!
Medical Account Collector (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 21, 2015
Located customer records
Answered patient questions
Resolved unpaid claims
Recorded financial information
Arranged fro debt repayment
Established repayment schedules
Posted write-off to patient accounts
Obtained required documentation for insurance company
Resubmitted corrected claims
filed correspondence
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A