TeamQuest Corporation Employee Reviews

Once great employee friendly business suffers due to CEO's policies
IT Purchaser and Software License Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, IAJune 4, 2015
TeamQuest was once one of the sought after places of employment in the North Iowa area and despite sometimes doing things just because we've always done them that way it has been a great place to work for. This is especially evident when compared to other local business' who do not seem to value their employees as much as TeamQuest. TeamQuest does a very good job of providing a flexible schedule, great benefits, equipment and resources to help do your job, training, etc... TeamQuest is employee owned and as such employees have a substantial say in the direction of the company. CEO Jerred Ruble garnered family atmosphere.
Cons
All the things mentioned above are going away due to the new CEO and upper management. A company that once prided itself as being a champion of it's employees and valuing employees as the most valuable resource is now being "ruled" with an iron fist. Since the new CEO, Paul Hesser, has come on board about 6 months ago, many things have changed negatively. The CEO sees a policy or methodology in place that he doesn't like he simply changes it without any justification to the employees or demonstrating why it is a positive for the company. There has been more turnover since Paul Hesser has taken the reigns than any time I've seen in the company's history. Part of this is due to the culture of fear that has been created wherein if you do not agree or march lock step with the direction the new upper management wants to go you will likely be relieved of your duties and standing in the unemployment line. Mr. Hesser is constantly preaching about innovation and
  more... cost savings yet is implementing things simply because other successful tech companies have had similar policies in the past. An example is the new open office concept they are moving forward with. Many studies have shown that these arrangements may work very well with sales and marketing type folks they are downright dreadful for engineers, support people, developers, etc... The idea is that all of TeamQuest (except the really important people, of course) will move into a large work-space filled with pods seating 4 employees each with short or no walls and no privacy of course. Naturally the employees who will be made to utilize these spaces do not want them and have expressed concern only to be ignored despite this being an employee owned company. The idea that these setups will breed collaboration, increased productivity, generate ideas, etc... has been found false based on years of research. It is essentially turning your workforce/place into a chicken or hog lot packing as many people possible into a space under the guise of "innovation". Again, there was no justification or study done to back up this proposal to the employees. Just a "because I said so" mentality and that "all the big companies do this".... So much for innovation. And as for the cost savings used to justify all the folks who have been laid off, this project, which many believe is un-needed and will result in achieving the opposite of the desired results will likely cost hundreds of thousands of dollars... The work life balance and feeling of freedom that TeamQuest once touted as a "perk" is no longer as everything is being monitored, closely, and punishment being doled out. Despite the CEO's claims he is trying to move the company forward he has brought the internal culture back to the mentality of nose to the grindstone, 8-5, factory work. Upper management set up committees when Mr. Hesser first arrived (at his request) to assess the pulse of the company and what was desired/needed to do the job and create the most positive culture. All of the feedback from these committees is essentially being ignored with a few aesthetic changes being made to provide the guise of moving forward in regards to company culture. But behind the scenes it is all about the bottom line with no transparency whatsoever and we serve at the whim and pleasure of new CEO Paul Hesser.
Advice to Management
Fire CEO Paul Hesser and bring in someone who really is forward thinking and doesn't just talk the talk. If employees are your most valuable resource as the company has always stated, then start treating them as such by actually listening to and valuing their feedback. Stop wasting the employee's money on pet projects that the CEO wants without justification and instead give the employees a raise, they've earned it, especially over the past year... The morale of the company is seriously, deeply suffering and the primary cause is the new "leader" Paul Hesser and his selfish, infantile policies and understanding of how to manage a business and create an environment where people want to come to work and innovate.
Wonderful Internship Experience
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, IAAugust 7, 2012
I did my college internship at TeamQuest and I couldn't have had a better experience. It was a wonderful work environment where people care about each other and made you feel like a part of their family. I learned a lot and it made me feel very comfortable about moving forward in my career path.
Very good group of people to work with
Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake, IAMarch 19, 2014
On a typical day I am working at my computer installing and uninstalling on a variety of platforms, including UNIX, Linux, AIX, Windows, and Solaris.

I also write test cases for the software assigned to me to ensure other testers can understand the software and perform the needed testing.
Pros
Very nice people to work with
Cons
I sit too much
Small company with big growth ideas
Senior Manager, Government Channel Programs (Current Employee) –  Virtual USMay 3, 2013
Focused on business development growth through channels and alliances
Pros
capacity planning expertise
Cons
big competition from BMC
Corporation
Senior Accountant - International (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, IADecember 26, 2013
Tried to provide an open, positive environment
Made efforts to keep employees informed
Sells a quality product

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeamQuest Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2