Teavana Employee Reviews

Productive and healthful workplace
Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2017
Teavana inspires their staff to engage in mindful activities to gain knowledge of both tea and tea culture, leading to healthier lifestyles for both the employees and customers. Fast-paced sales and customer service orientated mall atmosphere.
Pros
Product Discounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDNovember 6, 2017
Pretty decent job.It's not extremely fast paced depending on the store you are working at. The environment is really zen and monotoned. Nice area to work in too bad they're going out of business.
High turnover rate.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 3, 2017
There was a very high turnover rate for the location I was in. It got to a point where they would bring in a new store manager every few months instead of advancing employees who wanted the positions and were willing to actually work for it. It is such a shame the path the company chose to go down. Such a shame.
Caring, fun, and productive.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2017
Working at Teavana is a very fun experience. It nice to know so much about all the different kinds of teas. Building and sharing your knowledge on something others may not know much about, is a truly a privalige.
poor management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 31, 2017
I liked learning about the company and all the health benefits of the tea. I did not love the job but would have stayed if they had better management.
Pros
free tea and great experience
Cons
low pay
Sinking Ship
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CA 91360October 31, 2017
I can summarize my entire time at Teavana with the fact that I have gone through 6 managers in 2 years. This job is so frustrating. There is a very clear and obvious disconnect between management and corporate, and the workers who are actually operating the store. The pay is disgusting, there is no opportunity to advance, and the amount of bureaucratic nonsense I've witnessed is honestly nauseating. The day to day isn't terrible, and as long as the newer sales method is used, connecting with people over tea can be a great experience, but the way this company doesn't even try to keep its employees is just depressing. There's nothing rewarding about this job.
Pros
Starbucks discount, free tea while working
Cons
no chance to improve, no sense of stability, Unrealistic goals and expectations for stores
Relaxed and feels like family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 26, 2017
Working at Teavana is one of three best jobs to have. Everyone is heart welcoming and friendly. I never had a day where I hated going into work. It was enjoyable helping out our customers, the old ones that have shopped at Teavana before, and even the new ones who have just started to shop. The management was good, was always there when needed help in a sale, to learn more about a product, and to even have a talk. Teavana will always be one of the jobs/workplaces that I love and will always remember.
Pros
Free tea, healthcare, excellent benefits
Cons
Slow days, high numbers
fun place to work while it lasted
Retail Sales Manager Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 24, 2017
This was a fun place to work while it lasted. I am unhappy that starbucks bought them as it seemed like a death sentence and it was. The management at Teavana didn't always make the best decisions with their money or training and so not surprising they are closing due to their faulty business model. Then duh of course relying on 5$ drink beverages to make the sales higher doesn't work when your cost of tea and operations are so much higher than that. I wish that they had changed prices of tea to be lower to compete with customers needs as this would possibly have saved the business. creating cheaper more modernly designed products and trying to make teavana a starbucks business model did not work. also dissapointing is how much sugar they added to some of their teas! don't mess up a good thing!

favorite thing was discounts and free time while working. My manager was also super understanding. the work environment was small family oriented feel.
Pros
free coffee and free tea weekly, starbucks discount
Cons
short breaks, low pay, inconcsistent hours
Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 23, 2017
Working here is a mix of stress and fun. The tea and culture is great. I loved the product and what it stands for. However their goals are unrealistic. Management is poor. Training is not precise. The price markups are hard to sell and express to the average customer. What kept me here so long was the pay and benefits. If I didn't like the tea so much I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did. The company is closing down now anyways. Not worth the time.
Pros
Free tea while working
Cons
Competitive, unrealistic goals
Fast Paced Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2017
When I was working at Teavana I have never felt such a strong close family like atmosphere before. We were all a team and in it together, if one person messed up we all did. Everyone had eachothers backs and it was by far the most fun I have had in a work place.
Very productive and great culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2017
Fun, competitive, fast paced and motivating typical day.
Great sales skills.
Poor management.
Results oriented, fun fast paced yet relaxed.
Perks and benefits, amazing team.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 17, 2017
Great company, I would work for them again. I enjoyed the management, the overall company and training meetings. I would recommend this company to many people.
Toxic
Associate (Former Employee) –  90-15 Queens Blvd, Queens, NY 11373October 16, 2017
Employees are set up to resent each other and tie their self-worth to how much they can make customers spend on tea paraphernalia. The sales script is off-puttingly pushy as well as strict, and there's no room for creativity. Managers steal sales. Employees are terminated on a whim, regardless of previous sales success, and even full time employees can be dropped down to zero hours as punishment for low sales, rent and electric bills be damned. Fresh brewed tea is free to employees in unlimited amounts, but being expected to act like you're being paid commission on a minimum wage salary for a scant few hours a week is not worth it.
productive workplace with a family atmosphere
Floor manager/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2017
working at Teavana was a very new and beneficial experience for me. it involved a new, very friendly atmosphere between both my co-workers and my customers that was fun and productive to work in
Pros
free drinks on shifts and a family atmosphere
Cons
long shifts with few breaks and no sitting
good environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2017
STARBUCKS OWNS TEAVANA, So THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW CHANGES but for the better , its sad to see all the stores will be closing after the new year. i will still encorage working for starbucks althoygh it is a little ore face paced.
another good company, unfortunately losing money
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 28, 2017
this is a great company, but they are closing a lot of locations. i think its because the prices were very high. i believe they are still selling products online though
Great place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Teavana truly cares for their employees and works with us to develop current skill sets to get to the next step in our career, regardless if it will be with the company. Teavana has taught me what it means to be an incredible manager, build a dedicated team and produce measurable results while holding accountability at all levels in the workplace.
Pros
Employees, pay, friendly enviornment
Cons
n/a
Great competitive environment.
Regional Trainer, Operations (Former Employee) –  everywhereSeptember 27, 2017
I started when the company had only 12 stores, when Nancy and andy Mack would visit each location personally. This was an amazing model. It basically took loose leaf tea retail sales to a whole new level.
Pros
Great training
Cons
unrealistic, unattainable goals for bonus
Company closing
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PASeptember 25, 2017
All stores will be closed by Spring 2018 and the on line will be closing as well. There will be only seasonal hires at this current time. Starbucks is closing the entire brand
A day in the life of a Tea General Store Manager.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
-Meeting daily projected sales target.
-Sampling tea to potential new customers and taking them on the "Tea Journey,"
-Workplace culture was having a good time while getting the job done.
-Enjoyed meeting new customers and converting coffee drinkers into tea connoisseurs.
Pros
The Tea lifestyle, consuming tea contributes to a healthier relaxed way of living.
Cons
Running out of popular upper tier teas leaves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teavana. Our community is ready to answer.