Teavana Employee Reviews

Loved working for this company
Team Lead- General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 21, 2017
This was such a place catalyzing growth for me. I loved my manager and grew so much as an individual. Wonderful trainers who give support and feedback. Lots of fun and great if you're passionate about Tea!
Fun
Barista/ Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 17, 2017
loved working with the crowd of people , very fun and talking to customers about fancy tea was a cool experience. the tea was the best part,lots of drama though
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
drama
You always leave smelling amazing!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 6, 2017
With over 100 types of tea, the store almost always smells amazing. The product quality is great, and the teas taste delicious. Love the company, but a little difficult moving up within.
Fun and Rewarding
Team Lead/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 6, 2017
Depending on the location, could be a fast paced environment with lots of customer interaction. The pleasant tea aromas also create a relaxing environment
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed learning about tea and the sales process. Teavana was a great place to meet life long friends. Customers overcoming much with tea. It was very inspiring to see the positive change in the lives of others through buying more tea!
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Sticky hands
Fun workplace
Tea Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at Teavana mainly for all the free tea you get.
You can get a free cup of tea while at work and learn all about the loose leaf tea and the benefits of drinking it compared to other tea companies. I enjoyed the atmosphere and all of the tea products they pushed out.
Pros
Free tea, Decent lunch schedule
Cons
Pushing for sales, being alone.
good while i was there
Sales Representative, Barista (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJanuary 29, 2017
I would prefer not to review this establishment. They were a great place to be in between jobs but it is a place that I do not want to return to if I had the choice
Fun environment to work in
sales (Current Employee) –  Dulles Town Center, VAJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working here because of the environment. I got along well with my coworkers, and working in customer service here was fun. I learned a lot about my job (tea) from working here.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
Educating customers about different tea and ways to brew tea as well as learning more myself each day. I learned how to multitask as well as brew different teas to each customers preference. Management was always patient and kind as well as very eager to assist me with things I was unsure of.
Pros
Helpful staff and a family like atmosphere
Cons
Pay just wasn't enough to live off of.
Great place to work with amazing benefits
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAJanuary 23, 2017
There is a family aspect in the company. The Starbucks company respects their employees and makes sure that they have an opportunity for education, stocks, and much more.
Love my job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 20, 2017
It is a great environment, i have learned a lot and am still currently learning. Its not a good company but it has good people working for it. They all deserve to be paid more.
Pros
Tea!
Cons
Bad district manager
Great Learning Experience/Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to work, Free drinks daily so you can learn and educate customers more on which tea best suits them. Easy job and great feeling to make a customers day after helping them out.
Pros
Free tea, customers
Cons
productive, great team and opportunities
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 12, 2017
It was a very cool place to work and learn about the new teas. The management was awesome and were ontop of everything. There are some cool benefits and since it's affiliated with starbucks you get the hookups there too. They have very flexible hours so it is a great to job to have if you're a student
Pros
discounts, benefits, perks
Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 11, 2017
I want to one day own a tea shop for myself so this was great being able to work in the area I so desire. I flourished and the only downside was that it was a seasonal position.
Pros
Tea
Cons
Seasonal position
Overly complicated expectations.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 10, 2017
Very scriptish working environment with little training. Extensive management oversight and unrealistic goals. Additionally the corporate expectations changed almost weekly.
An amazing experience
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2017
In February this will be a year that I've worked for Teavana. It's definitely been an amazing experience overall so far. I've met some people that I'd consider lifetime friends over the past year. I started at a Teavana in Nashville now I'm working at one in Cincinnati. When I started at Teavana I was just looking for a job because I needed money but it has made such an impact on my lifestyle. Not only because it's specialty retail so it's different than any other job I've had but because it's brought out the person in me that I've wanted to become. This all might sound really dumb to anyone that worked there before mid 2016. But the entire way the company works has changed. All I've read online are bad reviews from former employee's and I just want to set the record that Teavana isn't about selling anything and everything to you anymore, it's about each individuals tea experience/journey and helping you love tea as much as we do.
Pros
Starbucks benefits & great training
Cons
Management pressure
poor employee relations, improper handling of compensation and advancement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 9, 2017
This is a very poor company to work for. Since the acquisition by a larger beverage conglomerate, Teavana has gone down hill. They treat their employees badly and the turn-over rate is high.
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work starts at the sample cart and asking potential customers if they want to try a sample of tea. I've learned that the world of retail is an ever changing environment and is an unsteady one as well, however that's what adaptation is for. Our management is alright. Co-workers are eager to learn more and adapt to the ever changing environment. the hardest part of the job would probably have to be giving the proper information to the customer about the product they wish to purchase. The most enjoyable part of the day working with a customer that wants to purchase products and is honest and descriptive about what they wish to purchase, and after the sale is made, watching the customer leave with a smile on their face!
Awesome company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Great company to work for especially if you are looking to work your way up the corporate ladder, given that you are willing to put in the effort to do so. Leader in this company really care about you and your goals both within and outside of the company.
Fun place to interact with both staff and customers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 8, 2017
Working at Teavana has taught me a lot about team work. A typical day consists of meeting with the general manager to discuss daily goals. The manager is amazing and very reliable. I was able to come to them with any of my concerns and they were genuinely interested in my personal growth with the company. What I most enjoyed about working at Teavana were the co-workers. We all worked very well together which enabled us to excel as a store. The most valuable thing that I learned is how much more successful a store can be when it collaborates and works together to accomplish a goal. The most difficult thing about this job was coming up with new and innovative ways to sell our products.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short Staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teavana. Our community is ready to answer.