Teavana

Teavana Employee Reviews

Productive and fun with lots of sales and foot traffic
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: Discounts on tea
Cons: Lacked stable management, lack of job advancement
Depending on the day of the week along with the time of the day, there was never a "typical" day at Teavana. During a busy day with lots of foot traffic, the store would be fun, fast-paced and of course sale driven. On a slower day with less foot traffic, the store would be filled with mundane work, but overall still enjoyable. Management was a bit underwhelming and there was always a new hire in training. During my time at this location, I learned the real importance of time management, how perception is both selective and subjective, and how that can affect people’s attitudes and behaviors. The hardest part of this job was trying to meet your sales goal during a less busy day and/or week. The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships and interpersonal skills I gained through clients and my co-workers.
Productive fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 15, 2015
Pros: Tea drinks, tea discounts
Learn all about tea and its benefits for the body. Co workers are great to work with. Enjoyment in helping customers learn about the benefits of loose leaf tea and the different products.
Awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAJune 14, 2015
The only good part of working for Teavana was the free drinks and discount. Associates are expected to make certain sales goals but are never trained or given the opportunity to work in the high sales areas of the store. In my experience, the store manager would schedule herself for the high volume areas all day in addition to ringing associate's sales under her own number.
Great place
Team Lead (Former Employee), Naples FlJune 14, 2015
Its was a wonderful experience. I love tea and enjoyed working with it. The company is moving in a great direction. The work is flexiable and easy. I learned many different things. Managers are fun and understanding. Co-works love being there. Keeping up with all the tea is the hardest part. Love talking and drinking tea.
Starter Sales/Retail at best
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYJune 12, 2015
Pros: Introduces young people to tough skills, like adult-level stress and high pressure situations.
Cons: Everything but threat to bodily harm, besides hot water burns.
I don't wish to go into too heavy of detail. On a broad spectrum, it was a hostile work environment. Colleagues were cutthroat and deceptive to each other, management, and customers. We had to be in order to do what was expected on a daily basis. Harsh micromanagement on a daily basis, high turnover, and extremely stressful days. This may seem like a spiteful review from a spiteful person, but I tend to think positively and usually hard work solves most problems.

I was a manager in my time there. The hardest part of my job, and why I looked to quit soon after, was trying to explain to one colleague that her efforts were not showing through and we need to get her back on track. She cried in front of me, and asked me if she was getting fired. I witnessed people crying, raging, snapping, and beaten down on any average day.

The regional manager and even higher management bred fear and distaste. The only good news was no news and no visits. I watched my store manager get ripped apart verbally at least twice, with plenty more I'm sure I wasn't aware of.

I just realized I said I would be brief, so I will stop here. I'm getting re-stressed just thinking about these things. In summary, it was high pressure, low reward, no recognition, no value in redeemable qualities, revolving door employment, and had shady management tactics.And keep in mind, this is the viewpoint of a top performer and manager.
Tea
Inventory Specialist - Temp (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJune 11, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: rush
if you like tea and don't mind being around it all day you should work for Teavana they are good they really work as a team so they are good
great invirment with wonderful staff and customer service
General Manager (Current Employee), coral SpringsJune 8, 2015
Pros: starbucks partner benefits with them as well
Cons: lots of turn over
Teavana is a great company to work for and with. wonderful atmosphere and great benefits. As being a Partner for over 3 years. the Company has moved up and become partners with starbucks . I feel it has shifted a bit but still great work place.
good
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Broomfield, COMay 31, 2015
very good company. I like to work there. make employee feel happy. good work environment. good work location. nice to contract HR people. Easy to apply
Wonderful staff and compassionate managers
Team Lead (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits from the Starbucks company, flexible schedules, friendly management
The typical day, for me, is to come in an hour before open and make all the tea for the samples, make sure the store is clean, handle and count all the money, and ensure that all the scheduling is accurate.
Since working there, I have learned a great deal about tea, and how to work in a high-volume retail store.
Teavana is a premium loose-leaf tea store with many knowledgeable employees ready to help you at the drop of a hat. My co-workers are incredibly friendly and will always be excited to help anyone understand absolutely anything about tea!
The hardest part of the job would have to be having product knowledge. There's a lot more to tea than most people realize.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your regulars and having a connection and friendship with your co-workers.
Fun and interesting work environment
Team Member (Current Employee), Braintree, MAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free tea during work, discount on all Teavana and Starbucks products
Cons: Not always getting compensation
I learned a lot about all the teas and about all the merchandise. All of my coworkers are very friendly and supportive. Good compensation when you get the bonus and good hours.
Decent place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great discount, free drinks, discount at Starbucks too
Cons: Very sales oriented, pay could be better
The dress code is relaxed, the atmosphere is relaxed at most stores, and the free tea is a bonus. The only real issues I ever ran into were particular managers that weren't very personable. Promotions may happen every few years, but they do tend to hire from outside, even when interviewing from within, so it's not a guarantee.
Okay.
Visual Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2015
It's an okay company to work for, but I feel like the company went down hill once Starbuck's had bought them out. They had VERY unrealistic goals for team members and especially those who didn't work but 3 hours a week. The company should be more invested in ways to better there upper management into not being so unrealistic and should focus more on being positive training.
Sales in an area of cultural expertise
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 21, 2015
Pros: 2% Commission on sales, 15min paid break, flexibility
Cons: crazy holidays, competition, low promotion opportunities
This is a great sales job with previous experience in sales. There are guidelines on how to make sales and a process to be followed.
Lost its way
General Manager (Former Employee), New YorkMay 20, 2015
I loved this company when I first started, It was an amazing family oriented company that valued it's employees. Once starbucks took over it fell apart. While getting stock in starbucks and their benefits was great, they had no idea how to run a tea company. Teavana lost it's quality and became focused on selling cups of tea like starbucks instead of consistent high quality tea. Unfortunate I could of seen myself retiring from this company if it was still really teavana.
ok workplace
Floor Manager (Current Employee), Newark, DeMay 8, 2015
Pros: free cups of tea during your shifts
a typical day includes going over goals for each partner and selling tea and merchandise as well as individual drinks.
you learn a lot about different teas and where they come from.
The management is wonderful.
There aren't too many difficult parts to this job.
The most enjoyable part is helping people find the teas they want and seeing them leave happily.
This is a wonderful job, especially for students.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Baton RougeMay 6, 2015
I've loved learning in this job.The atmosphere is nice and so are the employees. There has been an ongoing shift now that Starbucks and Teavana are partners and the influence of Starbucks is starting to be more apparent.
NIce workplace but poor management
Barista (Former Employee), RiversideApril 27, 2015
I worked at Teavana as a Barista, but I did much more than just make drinks. I unpacked and organized the shipments, organized the store and storage area, cleaned the store and bathrooms, stocked the store, and did sales. I worked extremely hard for this company and stuck it out for over a year even though the management took advantage of me. The amount of work I did was not worth the pay that I was receiving, especially when the sales associates that stood around and did nothing were making more money than me even though I could do their job better than them.

The worst part of this job was the management. I worked here for over a year and used a broken shipment cart for 12 months. I repeatedly asked for a new one because the broken one was giving me back problems and because we should not have had a broken cart that employees had to use. They finally got a new one after I threatened to quit and it was basically a toy. It broke on the first use and the manager blamed me. He would base hours off of how much he liked a person and would use it against people. One worker was getting only 5 hours a week if she was lucky.
Fun and Interesting Workplace
Barista/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Natick, MAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Free Tea
Cons: Long hours
A day at work is fun and interesting. You are always learning new things, and helping customers is fun because of how different every person's taste buds are! Management is happy to help train you to be a better salesperson, and are constantly trying to rally the team, to make everyone better. The hardest part of the job is the amount of restocking that needs to be done, but that also just shows the amount that the store has sold, which gives you a feeling of pride. The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie you feel with everyone else, plus all the tea you can drink.
Productive and fun workplace, fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Modesto, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Free teas on your shift, Starbucks partner benefits
Cons: Hours, short shifts
Very fun sales job that teaches you a lot of background information on tea, improved sales skills and gives product knowledge a new meaning.
Retail sales, provide product knowledge
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: Learning up-selling, interacting with customers
Cons: Challenging sales environment
I opened the store, prepared tea products, put them on display, offered samples to customers, applied up-selling techniques during sales to customers, provide extensive product knowledge, help co-workers meet sales goals. I learned a lot about sales and general hard-work. Management was very hard on the employees, but also very encouraging. Co-workers were fantastic, and we all helped each other reach our sales goals. The hardest part of the job was reaching the sales goals, but it was also the most rewarding. The most enjoyable was interacting with customers and co-workers.

This was my favorite job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Teavana

Great tea works wonders. The delicious tastes and health benefits make tea a wonderful beverage - much better than the unhealthy – Read more

Teavana Salaries