Teavana

Teavana Employer Reviews

A tonic of tea and salsa
Team Leader-Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: delicious tea, fun job, meeting awesome people, creating memories
Cons: sometimes no breaks or short breaks during the holidays.
A typical day at work consisted of selling tea and high-end teaware. Sampling to guests and creating a memorable experience was vital for success. Creating delicious samples, giving guests a 'journey' and asking for the sale was a simple and successful standard. Management was insightful and encouraged development. The best part of the job was educating guests of the history and culture of tea along with creating a memorable and life changing experience for them and their families. The hardest part of the job was identifying and blossoming raw talent into high performing individuals and maintaining consistent.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wheaton, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Greeted customers. Handed out tea samples. Educated customers of the benefits of the product.
It is a flexible work environment
Production Team Lead (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 17, 2015
Teavana is an understanding work environment and respectful one. They consider the well being of its employers.
Great, fun, fast-paced place.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Wellington, FLJanuary 12, 2015
It was great working for Teavana, and I am so grateful for all that I've accomplished since working there. It was fast-paced but organized, each day brought the promise of new customers, and new teas,I learned the basics of tea making, and the products as well as the teas themselves. Time management was great too, they really worked with my schedule. The hard part was probably having to answer questions about the teas and that I didn't know about but it also helped me expand my knowledge on each tea and how they benefited the customer, as well as the price. The easiest part was the clean up and doing stock in the back, it helped me know the store and how each item worked. I learned so much from everyone and I really enjoyed my time there.
Great Company to work for
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee), AtlantaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great pay, great leadership team
Starbucks management are top notch. Teavana culture are being replace with Starbucks.
Three Months
Partner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free starbucks coffee
Cons: everything else
I worked there three months had my hours cut back from 15 to 8. Abusive management, inappropriate management.
A regular work day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), 390 Hackensack Ave, Hackensack, New JerseyDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free cups of tea, great coworkers, wonderful supervisors.
Cons: very competetive work environment.
I would get to work about thirty minutes early and make myself a cup of tea. I would look at the sales goal for that day and see if there are any sales goals that we missed for the week. My first priority when coming into the store was to make sure that we had every product stocked and shelved according to corporate plans. I would ensure that every tea sample on the floor was correctly made and at the right temperature. If we were running low, I would then make a new make new samples. Upon donning my apron, I would set out to encourage customers to sample our tea. I would explain the wonderful benefits each tea had as well as different ways to brew them. Any question or concern was taken with full attention and taken into consideration before responding with the appropriate answer. I had wonderful coworkers who taught me something new everyday. It isn't usual for things like that to happen at the work place, but we had a very diverse staff, both culturally and intellectually. The job itself wasn't very hard or demanding, but it was work. I had to ensure every customer felt that the Teavana was a grade above the rest and had much more to offer than just a cup of tea.
Upper Management Creates a Hectic Environment
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), MidwestDecember 1, 2014
Pros: free tea, fairly easygoing clientele, beautiful products
Cons: stressful, low pay
A typical day involves opening or closing the store, keeping records, scheduling breaks and assisting customers. The turnover is insanely high and we are often short staffed, which leads to zero work-life balance. You will be called in on your days off. You will be called to discuss work off the clock. The commission (which you only make if you make sales goals) is 2%, the worst in the industry. The company culture is to put in hours off the clock. The pay is horrid. I have gone 3+ years with $1.25 total in raises. (That is with excellent performance reviews. Anything less than excellent, you get nothing.) Not to mention our area manager will push back performance reviews up to 6 months for no reason. Upper management is the worst. They are rude, pushy, and inconsiderate. Rules and regulations change constantly and they often do not communicate changes and promotions to us in a timely manner. If it were just me and my team helping customers and sharing our knowledge and passion for tea culture, this job would be amazing. Corporate turns it into a hellhole.
Productive and caring work place.
Barista (Current Employee), oak brookNovember 5, 2014
The management looks out for employees. My Job consist of stocking product, organizing, cleaning, and sale the products. Hardest part of the job is attention to details. Making sure all products on the floor are put in their respectful places.
Horrible
Tea associate (Former Employee), New York, NyOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free tea
Cons: management short breaks no room for growth in the company
Seriously From the moment I got hired they would paint this pretty picture of how greats things will be. Load of BeeS the Management treat you like trash all they want you to do is sell sell sell like your some kind of robot
very fun to work with the company
Team Member (Current Employee), Bay shore MallOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free tea and great discounts
Cons: the hours
a typical day at work would be very fun, at times slow. But the team manages to stay entertained by doing busy work. The hardest part of the job is probably trying to get sales when the mall its self is very slow, The best part of the job would be the interaction with all the customers.
fast pace, competitive, but fun at times
Sales Associate (Current Employee), buford, gaOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free beverage while working, 30% discount
Cons: sale based schedule, highly competitive
A lot to learn in a short amount of time but its really cool to learn about all the different teas and the back story behind them.
It is a fast pace environment and it is highly competitive and if you don't watch yourself you'll get your sales stolen from you.
Such a fun group of people to work with and a fun product to sell!
Sales Associate & Team Lead (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: long breaks and understanding staff
Cons: no bathroom in the store
Loved working here. Lots of fun involved with the sales. The hardest part of the job was just trying to make customers happy that were not kind to the staff in the first place.
This place is so much fun!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers, free tea during shift, discounts at all stabucks owned store, free online asu education and a fun atmosphere.
Cons: making sales to obtain hours.
Well, where I work, the people are fun an bubbly. I adore my coworkers. The training is a bit extensive and I don't like "making sales." They do have awesome job advancements though! So if you stick around you are bound to be promoted. But, in order to get hours you must make your sales quota. I don't like the idea of depending on people to buy stuff for my hours. If you're wanting stability this ins't the place. The sales process has changed and you no longer need to bother customers constantly.
new fun company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McAllen, TXSeptember 9, 2014
learning about some of the best teas in the world, where they come from, and what they do for you. achieving goals, and meeting new people.
Productive, unique, exciting, growth inducing environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: 30 min breaks, health care, clean environment
Cons: past inexperienced managers, inconsistent weekly hours.
Teavana was my favorite job, with only hours being a problem.

The atmosphere was great. The customers were awesome.
My co-workers and me are still good friends.

A typical day would be sampling at the tea cart, inviting potential customers inside, and showing them teas and tea-ware.

The hardest part was selling expensive tea pots, and our most expensive teas. The easiest part was having them buy a lot of tea of a variety of teas I thought they would enjoy based on their taste palate.

However, I am looking for a different kind of job these days to be more stable financially, and gain more skills for life.
Horrible experience
sales associate (Former Employee), Dedham, MAAugust 22, 2014
I personally had a horrible experience with this company. None of the managers really knew what they were doing which was very confusing to me. The store itself isn't doing so well as it is and its brand new.
okay for beginners
Sales Associate (Current Employee), new york, nyAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: bad scheduling
i learned how to make drinks
management is okay
the learning
the selling
Nice place to work with tea access
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: tea tastings, discounts
Usually started with sampling to customers; when one would come in, you'd give them a guided sample 'tour' through the store, find out what teas they enjoyed, and show them the actual loose-leaf tea, as well as storage and brewing options. Learning about the (almost) 100 teas available within the store was fun- you got to taste every one of them, so you could describe them to customers who inquired about them.
Great company and product
General Manager (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MiAugust 2, 2014
Amazing product to sell! A starbucks company, great benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About Teavana

Great tea works wonders. The delicious tastes and health benefits make tea a wonderful beverage - much better than the unhealthy – Read more

Teavana Photos