Teavana

Teavana Employee Reviews

good part time
Team Leader (Former Employee), sherman oaks caApril 18, 2015
Pros: free tea
this is a great seasonal job because during the year its very slow and sales are demanding regardless of customers volume.
Great place to work for retail
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), New YorkApril 12, 2015
Pros: Free tea all day, Starbucks partner benefits and discounts
Cons: working late nights and weekends
My day is all about tea. I Teach coworkers and customers about tea, drink tea, learn about tea, talk about tea, and most importantly, I sell tea. I worked my way up from a team lead (keyholder) to general manager in two years. My co-workers are my partners, and we work very well together as a team through encouragement, education, and celebrations of success. The hardest part of my job is upholding company policies I don't necessarily agree with. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding different ways to keep my team motivated.
Stringent selling techniques and goals
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 9, 2015
Teavana was sales driven and focused on results. Enjoyed learning about the benefits of the products and the company provided competitive compensation and benefits.
Favorite place I ever worked. Always a good day.
Sales/Barista (Former Employee), Hobart, INApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free tea, friendly customers, a new experience, fun environment
Cons: Music was always really loud, the occasional anti-tea customer, short hours, being rushed to close nightly
Loved being able to educate customers about different teas, having them try some, even converting them to drink more tea to help with health benefits. I went in with barely any knowledge about teas, and by the time I left, I knew so many interesting facts about the several different types and flavors as well as which ones that mixed well together to add extra benefits. The only difficult part were the short hours, so the pay was not as good as it could have been. Management was a little disorganized sometimes and reminded me of high school cliques, but the other team members were really nice and helpful with any questions I had or a customer had that I could not answer. I closed often, and was rushed to do everything I needed in order to get out exactly on time, which was slightly stressful, but did help teach me how to manage my time with chores that needed to be done.
Great place for those who LOVE to sell
tea specialist, retail associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free teas, great music, skill building
Cons: Pushy sales sometimes make customers uncomfortable
This place is great for those who enjoy selling. Here, you get free teas and you learn all about the teas history and production. The only downside is that sometimes management doesn't trust that you can meet sales goals without being pushy which actually drives customers away. And just as any other workplace you have associates who bring personal problems into work which is why there is always room for a new associate to get hired. Other than that, it's a great place to work for those who are alright with competitive hours and extreme selling.
Humbling atmosphere
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 23, 2015
Absolutely love the entire world of tea and the amazing staff that sells it to you especially form this location. Makes a great part time job but does not offer full time unless you are the general manager.
Teavana was a nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 19, 2015
I liked the people I worked with. Everyone nice and we got along pretty well. On a typical work day I would sign in then help customers and hand out tea samples.
A learning experience
Seasonal Barista (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Teavana, though everything was a little unorganized. The lack of communication between upper management and store management made for some frustration in the workplace.
Productive and fun work place
Team Member Sales (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJMarch 10, 2015
Pros: helping others, being a great team leader, and a great team player
Cons: customers not being heard correctly
providing great customer service everyday

I learned to be a great communicator

5 years + management experience

my co-workers are like family

the hardest part of a job is not getting it right the first time

the most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone gets alone
Overpriced GMO tea
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMarch 5, 2015
I was hired on as a part-time assistant manager. I hope the bourgeois enjoy their profits. I'd never work for this company again.
Love the tea, hate the pay.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 4, 2015
I love Teavana. I love the people I work with and I love helping customers. However, the compensation is not even close to what I should be receiving for the amount of work that I do. I know that also includes everyone else I work with. With the margins this company makes, I know they can afford to pay more or offer a better bonus system. I cannot support myself on the pay I get.
Clean work enviroment, wonderful staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn HillsFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great managment, 30% off in all starbucks owned companies
Cons: new sales goals setup
A typical day at Teavana includes greeting customers and calling them over to the sample cart, taking them on a Tea journy- exploring other flavors and demesrating easy ways to brew lose leaf tea.

This was a sales possition without commision, I learned product sampling techniques and a lot about different types of tea.
Awesome place to work if yo'ure looking for a little extra money
Team Lead (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2015
I love the culture of Teavana and the entire tea sales process, but management is HORRIBLE. The area manager sexually harassed a co-worker and when he turned her down, she started treating him horribly and even sought out to get him fired. I started working under a General Manager whom I adored. He was good at delegating, yet he was able to get things done himself without any mess. When he left, the Assistant General Manager took over and immediately I noticed a change. She took after the Area Manager, picking employees to push out of the business. There were always scheduling issues and she talked about personal matters out in the open. Overall, your experience at Teavana solely depends on whether management likes you or not.
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 14, 2015
It was okay. They really stress the importance of sales and teaching customers about the process of how looseleaf tea really works. It was fun getting to know customers and learn how different people react to different kinds of information, but it really wasn't my favorite job.
People with Positive Attitudes
shift manager (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: occasional pizza parties, positive attitudes, fast paced
Cons: long standing hours
This job is a very great way to learn sales processes and how they work. At Teavana, there are many things to learn and many things to do every day. The managers are great; they are fair when it comes to selling and the people are great to be around. The company has great health benefits and are very fair to their employees.
So pushy!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mentor, OHFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: starbucks partner benefits, including free coffee and discounts
Cons: sales environment
I loved working at Teavana, except for the pushy sales aspect. I love tea and respect people too much to con them into buying an expensive tea they would like less than a cheaper one.
Customer and Sales Based
Team Lead (Former Employee), Spotsylvania, VAFebruary 6, 2015
It is a typical retail position. Lot of emphasis on knowing the merchandise and providing valuable customer service while meeting sales goals.
A great experience
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Naples, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Teavana was a really cool place to work. he stuff was great at one point, but then it changed when management was changed. Learning about the different teas was really good and fun.
Cool People
Barista (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: loved my job and everything about the job
Cons: how unprofessional my boss was
Cool coworkers but my boss was very unprofessional. I loved this job though.But I hate that it was only seasonal. It was fun learning how to make the teas while learning about the culture of them.
A tonic of tea and salsa
Team Leader-Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: delicious tea, fun job, meeting awesome people, creating memories
Cons: sometimes no breaks or short breaks during the holidays.
A typical day at work consisted of selling tea and high-end teaware. Sampling to guests and creating a memorable experience was vital for success. Creating delicious samples, giving guests a 'journey' and asking for the sale was a simple and successful standard. Management was insightful and encouraged development. The best part of the job was educating guests of the history and culture of tea along with creating a memorable and life changing experience for them and their families. The hardest part of the job was identifying and blossoming raw talent into high performing individuals and maintaining consistent.

About Teavana

Great tea works wonders. The delicious tastes and health benefits make tea a wonderful beverage - much better than the unhealthy – Read more

Teavana Salaries