Teavana Employee Reviews

It could be better.
Management (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 9, 2017
The people that you work with are nice but the management is absolutely horrid. The good thing is that you get all perks of Starbucks, and then 30% off items in your store. So much he said she said. Never direct answers.
Pros
Teas whenever you want them.
Cons
Feeling like your stuck on the sample cart.
Sales Motivated and Dynamic Environment
General/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 8, 2017
Energetic and fun environment with daily challenges. Typical day included meeting sales goals, in the moment training of team, and customer service. Scheduling and balancing payroll based on sales.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, stressful if Sales goals not met
Great place just very few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJJune 7, 2017
Loved working there the people are great the job is relatively easy but there are relatively no hours available. I was given 10-15 hours a week due to it being a very small store.
Boring
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2017
I hated working here. The pay was bad and there was a strict script we had had to go buy. There was always a manager over our shoulder making sure we went by the script.
Pay
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 5, 2017
They don't pay anyone under a SM what they are worth. They don't stay on top of training/coaching. All the free tea you can drink while you are working though.
Cons
pay
Wonderful
Partner (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 4, 2017
Overall a wonderful experience. Managers at every store are welcoming. They also allow you to relocate your store if you are moving! You work for the Starbucks company which overall generously treats their employees
Fun but fast paced retail.
Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 2, 2017
A typical day at work was fast paced with a focus on upselling and sales goals. You and your team try to reach sales goals together and coordinate operational tasks to ensure the store is pristine.
Pros
Fun, interesting, social, fast paced
Cons
short breaks, stressful
Good Tea
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 31, 2017
Great products and tea. The company does not pay any employees what they should be payed for the work that they are doing. They do have great benefits though such as 401k and insurance.
Pros
401k, insurance
Cons
Does not pay fair wages.
Amazing place to work, until we got a new manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMay 30, 2017
Our store was in flux with managers, our temp from another store was the manager who hired me, and he was absolutely fantastic to work for. Around the time I ended up quitting, we got a new manager who was inconsiderate, rude, and frankly, quite misogynistic and disrespectful. I have no other complaints about the job, the company itself was great to work for and I actually miss it a lot. It's just a shame the store I worked at got the manager that we did.
fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 28, 2017
Great benefits, hours are based off a sales, unlimited drinks, you get to build relationships with your customers, you also learn a lot about tea ....
Pros
starbucks discount
Cons
not to many hours
Fun place to work!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
I love the company, and the people I work with, and management is good. Sales is the main focus, teaching about tea is almost up there with sales. I learned a lot about the benefits of tea and how to help others see the benefits. But there is only so much you can talk about tea.
Pros
Partner discount, mark-outs, PTO once earned
Cons
Slightly mundane, pay isn't that great
Love the job, hate sales
Sales floor and tea barista (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2017
I just get really stressed but having to meet goals. I totally understand why they're in place but it makes the job not as fun. It would be fine if they were a little more reasonable but they're not.
Pros
Discounts, talking about tea, talking with customers
Cons
Specific goals assigned
productive workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJMay 8, 2017
Working here really is a great opportunity to grow as an individual. They have a great work environment, competitive wages, great products and reasonable work hours.
Can be fun to work for.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 8, 2017
It was fun to work for and most of the management was great. However some supervisors showed immaturity and drama. Bias was also an issue. Hardly listening to any issues you had.
The Company was good to work for. Teavana is/was a great company to work for.
Senior Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2017
The job and environment was excellent. One has to love the Brand and the Industry just nothing on the schedule for the year makes it hard. Working with a good team of people which make the culture.
Pros
Great Brand
Amazing!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 29, 2017
I loved working at Teavana and it wasn't just because I got to drink tea! It was a wonderful place that was very relaxing and the people there love what they do! They are very welcoming and helpful. Holding customer satisfaction above all else.
Fun place to work as a first job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 27, 2017
It was a fun place to work, as well as interesting to learn about all of the different kinds of tea as well as ways to prepare them (I honestly didn't know there were so many of both.)
Pros
Great place to learn and work
Cons
Little room for growth and advancement
Good Team and Usually great customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 26, 2017
Great place to work when it's busy but if there's downtime you're going to spend it dusting the shelves, and if that's done the you're out of luck. Most customers come in either knowing what they want or willing to learn, so if you like talking about tea you'll do fine.
Pros
Really great team, usually great customers, near the food court
Cons
Not very many hours
Great Place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 17, 2017
Solely on my opinion I loved working here. The only thing was the pay, I was told it was $10 per hour when I would get much less than I expected on my paycheck. From my experience, just doing what you are told, be persistent, and quick when you are a barista. The floors end up sticky at the end of the day so know you will have to mop the floors. (Not being scarcastic, being straight up) you will work your butt off regardless. There's not much to complain. The pay is alright for someone in high school and/or for a college student (if you still live with your parents)
Pros
30% off from Teavana and Starbucks
Cons
Commission based when I first started and honestly can't say much really, just work! lol
fun / stressful
Key Holder/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2017
I love tea. Unlimited. You gain knowledge and share with people. You should have a passion for tea before applying. Get ready to learn and kill It in sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teavana. Our community is ready to answer.