Teavana

Teavana Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work if yo'ure looking for a little extra money
Team Lead (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2015
I love the culture of Teavana and the entire tea sales process, but management is HORRIBLE. The area manager sexually harassed a co-worker and when he turned her down, she started treating him horribly and even sought out to get him fired. I started working under a General Manager whom I adored. He was good at delegating, yet he was able to get things done himself without any mess. When he left, the Assistant General Manager took over and immediately I noticed a change. She took after the Area Manager, picking employees to push out of the business. There were always scheduling issues and she talked about personal matters out in the open. Overall, your experience at Teavana solely depends on whether management likes you or not.
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 14, 2015
It was okay. They really stress the importance of sales and teaching customers about the process of how looseleaf tea really works. It was fun getting to know customers and learn how different people react to different kinds of information, but it really wasn't my favorite job.
People with Positive Attitudes
shift manager (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: occasional pizza parties, positive attitudes, fast paced
Cons: long standing hours
This job is a very great way to learn sales processes and how they work. At Teavana, there are many things to learn and many things to do every day. The managers are great; they are fair when it comes to selling and the people are great to be around. The company has great health benefits and are very fair to their employees.
So pushy!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mentor, OHFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: starbucks partner benefits, including free coffee and discounts
Cons: sales environment
I loved working at Teavana, except for the pushy sales aspect. I love tea and respect people too much to con them into buying an expensive tea they would like less than a cheaper one.
Customer and Sales Based
Team Lead (Former Employee), Spotsylvania, VAFebruary 6, 2015
It is a typical retail position. Lot of emphasis on knowing the merchandise and providing valuable customer service while meeting sales goals.
A great experience
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Naples, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Teavana was a really cool place to work. he stuff was great at one point, but then it changed when management was changed. Learning about the different teas was really good and fun.
Cool People
Barista (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: loved my job and everything about the job
Cons: how unprofessional my boss was
Cool coworkers but my boss was very unprofessional. I loved this job though.But I hate that it was only seasonal. It was fun learning how to make the teas while learning about the culture of them.
A tonic of tea and salsa
Team Leader-Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: delicious tea, fun job, meeting awesome people, creating memories
Cons: sometimes no breaks or short breaks during the holidays.
A typical day at work consisted of selling tea and high-end teaware. Sampling to guests and creating a memorable experience was vital for success. Creating delicious samples, giving guests a 'journey' and asking for the sale was a simple and successful standard. Management was insightful and encouraged development. The best part of the job was educating guests of the history and culture of tea along with creating a memorable and life changing experience for them and their families. The hardest part of the job was identifying and blossoming raw talent into high performing individuals and maintaining consistent.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wheaton, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Greeted customers. Handed out tea samples. Educated customers of the benefits of the product.
It is a flexible work environment
Production Team Lead (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 17, 2015
Teavana is an understanding work environment and respectful one. They consider the well being of its employers.
Great, fun, fast-paced place.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Wellington, FLJanuary 12, 2015
It was great working for Teavana, and I am so grateful for all that I've accomplished since working there. It was fast-paced but organized, each day brought the promise of new customers, and new teas,I learned the basics of tea making, and the products as well as the teas themselves. Time management was great too, they really worked with my schedule. The hard part was probably having to answer questions about the teas and that I didn't know about but it also helped me expand my knowledge on each tea and how they benefited the customer, as well as the price. The easiest part was the clean up and doing stock in the back, it helped me know the store and how each item worked. I learned so much from everyone and I really enjoyed my time there.
Great Company to work for
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee), AtlantaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great pay, great leadership team
Starbucks management are top notch. Teavana culture are being replace with Starbucks.
Three Months
Partner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free starbucks coffee
Cons: everything else
I worked there three months had my hours cut back from 15 to 8. Abusive management, inappropriate management.
A regular work day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), 390 Hackensack Ave, Hackensack, New JerseyDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free cups of tea, great coworkers, wonderful supervisors.
Cons: very competetive work environment.
I would get to work about thirty minutes early and make myself a cup of tea. I would look at the sales goal for that day and see if there are any sales goals that we missed for the week. My first priority when coming into the store was to make sure that we had every product stocked and shelved according to corporate plans. I would ensure that every tea sample on the floor was correctly made and at the right temperature. If we were running low, I would then make a new make new samples. Upon donning my apron, I would set out to encourage customers to sample our tea. I would explain the wonderful benefits each tea had as well as different ways to brew them. Any question or concern was taken with full attention and taken into consideration before responding with the appropriate answer. I had wonderful coworkers who taught me something new everyday. It isn't usual for things like that to happen at the work place, but we had a very diverse staff, both culturally and intellectually. The job itself wasn't very hard or demanding, but it was work. I had to ensure every customer felt that the Teavana was a grade above the rest and had much more to offer than just a cup of tea.
Upper Management Creates a Hectic Environment
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), MidwestDecember 1, 2014
Pros: free tea, fairly easygoing clientele, beautiful products
Cons: stressful, low pay
A typical day involves opening or closing the store, keeping records, scheduling breaks and assisting customers. The turnover is insanely high and we are often short staffed, which leads to zero work-life balance. You will be called in on your days off. You will be called to discuss work off the clock. The commission (which you only make if you make sales goals) is 2%, the worst in the industry. The company culture is to put in hours off the clock. The pay is horrid. I have gone 3+ years with $1.25 total in raises. (That is with excellent performance reviews. Anything less than excellent, you get nothing.) Not to mention our area manager will push back performance reviews up to 6 months for no reason. Upper management is the worst. They are rude, pushy, and inconsiderate. Rules and regulations change constantly and they often do not communicate changes and promotions to us in a timely manner. If it were just me and my team helping customers and sharing our knowledge and passion for tea culture, this job would be amazing. Corporate turns it into a hellhole.
Productive and caring work place.
Barista (Current Employee), oak brookNovember 5, 2014
The management looks out for employees. My Job consist of stocking product, organizing, cleaning, and sale the products. Hardest part of the job is attention to details. Making sure all products on the floor are put in their respectful places.
Horrible
Tea associate (Former Employee), New York, NyOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free tea
Cons: management short breaks no room for growth in the company
Seriously From the moment I got hired they would paint this pretty picture of how greats things will be. Load of BeeS the Management treat you like trash all they want you to do is sell sell sell like your some kind of robot
very fun to work with the company
Team Member (Current Employee), Bay shore MallOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free tea and great discounts
Cons: the hours
a typical day at work would be very fun, at times slow. But the team manages to stay entertained by doing busy work. The hardest part of the job is probably trying to get sales when the mall its self is very slow, The best part of the job would be the interaction with all the customers.
fast pace, competitive, but fun at times
Sales Associate (Current Employee), buford, gaOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free beverage while working, 30% discount
Cons: sale based schedule, highly competitive
A lot to learn in a short amount of time but its really cool to learn about all the different teas and the back story behind them.
It is a fast pace environment and it is highly competitive and if you don't watch yourself you'll get your sales stolen from you.
Such a fun group of people to work with and a fun product to sell!
Sales Associate & Team Lead (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: long breaks and understanding staff
Cons: no bathroom in the store
Loved working here. Lots of fun involved with the sales. The hardest part of the job was just trying to make customers happy that were not kind to the staff in the first place.

About Teavana

Great tea works wonders. The delicious tastes and health benefits make tea a wonderful beverage - much better than the unhealthy – Read more

Teavana Salaries