TEC Employee Reviews in United States

I was greatful
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMarch 9, 2016
TEC hired me at low point in my life and I was grateful for that. I knew that I would be working for a wage far less than my skills were worth, but I appreciated their offer to put me to work.
Pros
I appreciated working around a lot of knowlegable people
Cons
TEC offered no benefits of any kind
great
Open (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 10, 2016
got the kids ready for school she is a awesome person to work with.. love it but we both where moving so it came to a end. wish I could have stayed on forever
Pros
wonderful family
Cons
nothing
Challenging, Rewarding, and some of the best and well versed people I have ever had the opportunity to work with.
Network Technician- (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJanuary 6, 2016
****Some of the brightest, down to earth and good people that I have ever had the pleasure of working with and learning from.****
A every aggressive company in the field of telecommunications
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Springs, MSSeptember 20, 2015
during my 15 years I can say that this company serves its customers to the best ability, and your not just a employee but you become family.
Lead Assembly Supervisor BorgWarner Morse (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYSeptember 16, 2015
plenty of opportunity for advancement if you are willing to put forth extra effort and there are a lot of company sponsored activities to enhance employees quality of life
excellent contract house
Material/Production Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 27, 2015
TEC is by far one of the best contract companies I have worked for. The management personnel is awesome as well as available anytime I needed.
Pros
Pay weekely
Under staff
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 21, 2015
The engineer department had three main employees to clover all of the industrial plant. The ER used Temps of four personal to help them. No new parts or supplies to fix machine properly. We use used part and Industrial Management heads thought it should run "like new."
Pros
Christmas ham to all
Cons
Short lunchtime and little healthcare:
physically enduring jobs
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 22, 2015
show up at work, and usually learn something new most days. usually fast paced, physically enduring, difficult, usually dangerous jobs that weren't really worth the salary offered. I learned an assortment of different jobs and came to understand how a company works and how each task from each worker comes together to get a job done.
Pros
money and experiece
Cons
physically enduring, stressful, and usually quite dangerous
Typical day at work
Employement varied (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work for me would have to start off with a smile. It wouldnt be right for me to walk in to work with the attitude of someone with a bad one. I would speak to all that I could without gettin off task. I would prep everything for my area and get into postion ready to work. I get along with everyone so my jobs usually are really easy going. I have learned that you do not always meet eye to eye with people especially in the work business. People want their product right away and with as much speed and accuracy as possible, and I would do just that for them. The most pleasurable part of my jobs were seeing people satisfied, and smiling. The hardest thing to deal with in a job is just face paced stress, its nothing I could not handle though, I might add. I handle pressure very well, and I can adapt to pretty much any environment or work place. I would love to be placed in a job fit just for me.
Machinist/ production
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 15, 2015
I'm not sure what to tell you this is a temporary company and at the time was under bad management things were not as good as they could have been. but the company that they were hireing for was great.
Laid-back, enjoyable work environment
Night/Weekend Manager Java Dave's (Former Employee) –  Sabetha, KSFebruary 17, 2015
This job was very fast paced. It combined 4 different venues into one establishment: Movie Rentals, Coffee Shop, Small Restaurant, and Tanning Salon. I was originally responsible for the Tanning Salon and Movie Rentals until I began cross-training myself in the other areas of the store and was promoted to the Night/Weekend Manager.
Pros
free tanning, free movie rentals, customer discount
Cons
uninvolved company owners
Great place to start a job
TEMP EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  fort smith, ArkansasFebruary 7, 2015
Able to start working quite quickly and was able to get an understanding of the workplace before officially working for them.
Love this job
Revenue Integrity Clincial Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 3, 2014
I love the friendly people at this company. They are always having fun. I come in each morning and get started on my work by checking my emials. I have learned a lot being here, as in how to use their software and programs they use to follow through jobs. My co-workers have been very nice and helping. The reason I am looking for another job is becasue I have been 6 months and not hired on because the department I work in doesn't have the hiring data to hire anyone. I am looking for a good full time job with benefits.
Fast-paced and great co-workers
BAS Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  4725 34th St Ste 400 · Long Island CityMay 5, 2014
As a tech a typical day would consist of following, correcting, and editing the building submittal by implementing through testing the network, the electrical, mechanical devices, from a backbone system like Honeywell which is being integrated with the HVAC system.
As a tech I've learned that a cost efficient service can be implemented in Buildings that require constant adjustments and it can all be achieved efficiently and effectively.
Management in my opinion was trying to cope with the fact the once TEC Systems saw inconsistency after drastic high demand in the previous 16 months they made ill advise decisions. Due to the lack of new contracts the over hiring of employees within the last 15 months effected me and others as I got let go.
My co workers were good hard working people with backgrounds in mechanical or electrical building equipment ands systems. They were knowledgeable and resourceful.
The hardest part of my job was in the electrical part of my job. I was never trained nor did I ever expect to be an electrician of any sorts. My training and hands-on experience is mostly with Cisco Routers and Switches. Although I was not uncomfortable with any facet of the job my focus lies in something that had a limited yet crucial amount of Building Automation
Independence was the most enjoyable part of the job. Management, Engineering, Software, techs knew and did there own job through great communication from one another.
Pros
great experience
Cons
biilding submittal errors
Welder
Welder (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJJanuary 2, 2014
a lot of work and no time no do it all, my supervisor think know all and never respect my ideas to make my job easy, my boos and the owner lie to me saying that the job is secure but it wasn't
tec does not help you find a job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 28, 2013
i hate working for the tec. i have not been given any hours in over 3 weeks and never no when i will be given work. if you are looking for a full time job do not join tec
Pros
can pick your days to work
Cons
not a lot of hours given
Productive, friendly, and there to help you
Road Work Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2012
When this company was still around the people I worked with were very kind welcoming and friendly. They made you feel at home and served you to their best.
TEC is a highly sophisticated company with excellent owners
Chairman (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 3, 2012
TEC is an organization that selects Chairs to establish and run Think Tanks of Chief Executive Officers. A group is comprised of up to 16 members.
The members get the following:
- a monthly one-on-one with their Chair
- a monthly all-day meeting with all members and Chair
- quarterly half of the all-day meeting is a world class speaker as selected from TEC's library of speakers by the chair
- a sensational web-sight which serves as a library, plus CEOs from similar or identical industries can meet in a private forum
- an annual meeting of members from throughout the world (expenses not included in monthly dues)
- groups would form a "tiger" group if a member was having a serious problem
Pros
allowed to work on my own, allowed to be a member of another tec group (whose chair served as a mentor), monthly meetings with all local chairs and with a senior chair as leader
Cons
all training required chairs to pay their own expenses, no benefits, headquarters was really only interested in getting new members, headquarters was inefficient when chairs needed anything
nice group to work for
production (Former Employee) –  ARJune 20, 2012
The company goes out of its way to make sure you like your assignments if not they will find you one more to your liking
a big telecom company in IRAN
supervision managment (Former Employee) –  disgin &supervision&installation telecom systemMarch 22, 2012
TEC for big telecom project in IRAN is very good.and I work on
radio and multipelex systems and fiber optic systems.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long time