Tech-24 Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJuly 19, 2017
A nice company to work for. Answered incoming calls and email. I learned how to dispatch technicians to their destination. Getting to know everyone.
Unpleasant, Micro -managed and poorly managed.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 8, 2017
Tough place to work. Long hours as a technician and low pay. Managers are not qualified to be managers. They are just technicians who some how got into management. Two were partners and two are family.
Big adverse marketing campaign going on against them which is also embarrassing. Customer always showing techs new post cards received. Creates a lot of questions and distractions from fixing equipment. See Honestcontractor.org and you decide. I went to another company with a lot less drama and better pay with cheaper benefits.
Pros
Take home van
Cons
honestcontractor.org, poor pay, benefits, management
Terrible place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 16, 2017
Terrible place to work! Management is either family or friends and they are lost! Don't waste your time here! Long hours and a thankless place to work unless your family!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Director of Sales - Mid Atlantic (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 3, 2016
I have been with Tech 24 since 1996. It provided a platform for me to grow and develop as a leader in the organization. The company has a family-oriented culture that believes in taking care of their own. Because of that culture, I have been able to thrive and have grown from running the plumbing department in our Alexandria office to managing national sales and managing our regional sales team. The stability of the company (over 30 years), has enabled me to confidently grow and embrace change. In the last couple of years, the company has expanded its footprint, creating even more opportunity for growth. Tech 24 believes in training and investing in their employees, offering the first ever technical university in our industry. They offer great compensation packages which include comprehensive benefits ranging from great healthcare insurance to 401k. I’ve been with the company for a long time and don’t see making any changes anytime soon. It’s only getting better.
Pros
working with leaders in the industry
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 3, 2016
I've been involved with Tech-24 for over 20 years and working for Tech-24 for almost 8 years. If you are a hard worker, self-disciplined, highly motivated and dedicated individual this is the company for you.

Management works with staff to achieve a win win combination for both. Being a service company our customers are very important without them none of us would have a job; however, we are flexible to the needs of our employees & do everything to continue achieving a win win for both.

I've seen many staff leave our employment only to return because Tech-24 is truly a terrific company. We care about our staff & love being able to promote within. There are numerous current employees who started out low on the totem pole and now are managers/supervisors running departments or branches.

We provide in-house training programs, as well as outside manufacture training.

Personal success begins with YOU...if you are interested in finding a home to start your career look no further, Tech-24 is your solution!
Pros
Great Benefits, Career Fulfillment, Training, Competitive Pay, Open Communications
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VASeptember 28, 2016
I have been with Tech24 for over 14 years starting in our parts department learning everything the owners and managers would teach me about this industry allowing me to grow and move my way through every area (billing, accounting, dispatching, fleet management, office management) and now running a branch.We are more then co-workers we have become a family.

*Our team members are hard working, friendly and have years worth of knowledge in the Foodservice, HVAC & Refrigeration field and are always there to teach the younger generation coming into the field.
* Management is always available and ready to help whether its in the office taking service calls and dispatching or out in the field training and/or running service calls to help with call volume.
* In our industry the hours can be long at times but at the end of the day when you have happy customers you get a sense of accomplishment that you were the one to make them happy.
*I enjoy the fast paced environment and this industry is always evolving and growing so its great that I get to learn something new practically everyday!
Our daily goal is to work together seamlessly to make sure that our customers are taken care of as quickly as possible.
Pros
Advancement, Steady Employment, Team Work, Great benefits
Cons
Best Company in the Industry to work for!
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2016
I have been with Tech-24 for several years in many roles, from performing service, sales/business development and department management. I wish I had found them 20+ years ago ...

I have been in this industry since my teens, worked for many company's, from mom and pop to large corporations, owned and successfully operated a service company in another state before coming to Virginia and Tech-24.

This is simply the Best company in the industry to work for if you want grow in your career, enjoy your work and have a home life. This is a place where you are appreciated and well taken care of, not just a number. The management is of a servant leadership style, looking to help each person grow their skills and career potential. Tech-24 invests in their team by providing training at several in house training facilities. The education that you will receive here exceeds what many pay tens of thousands of dollars to get from other universities and tech schools, best of all...you get paid to attend!

No college degree or experience....no problem! Tech-24 hires personalities and people, not resumes. If you have the drive and are willing to put in the effort, Tech-24 will give you an opportunity to reach and potentially exceed your current career goals.

I would recommend Tech-24 to anyone looking to start or continue their career path in this industry.
Pros
Unlimited opportunity, Great Culture and People!
Cali Irwindale Branch
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CASeptember 21, 2016
Under this new mgmt. this company now is unprofessional to customers and employees.

unexperienced refrigeration techs. Constant call backs!
A company that promotes from within
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 20, 2016
I was hired a few months after my service in the Navy. I started at Tech 24 as an Office Assistant. After a few months, I requested to be trained to go out into the field and do service work. My request was granted and I was trained to be a Field Service Technician. I was a Service Tech for 7 years and then promoted to Area Manger. All of the managers at Tech 24 have been promoted from within. Many of them have been with the company 10 plus years. Tech 24 started out as a job for me, but has turned into a career and a place from which I plan retire.
Pros
Great benefits, Company stays on top of emerging technologies
Cons
If you are looking for a job that everyday is the same this is not for you
Great Long Term Career Choice!
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 18, 2016
After being with this company for more than 8 years, it's a career not a job. This company starts people at the ground level, and builds them up. They provide training to those who have no specific skill set, they make sure you have the tools needed to succeed in a way that most companies would not. The provide schooling for technicians to learn their trade and give on the job opportunities to those who wouldn't be able to get a job like this elsewhere. They support those with a positive attitude, who work hard, and present themselves and the company in a good light. You can't work here and just get a paycheck. But if you have ambition and drive this is the place for you!
Pros
Training, Support, Pay, Locations (they are are in more than 20 states!)
Longs hours
HVAC and Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAJuly 30, 2015
An early start and a late finish. I learn a considerable amount each day. Not very pleasant to work with. I enjoy the co-workers. The not knowing and lack of communication. I enjoy the being out on the road going to different places.
Loved the work, but the hours were extensive
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAJanuary 17, 2014
A typical day at Tech 24 included reviewing and posting up to 100 invoices, maintaining group email, answering phones, assisting other billers when needed, dispatching up to 20 Techs at a time and more.
I learned a lot from this company. I loved my work because I was very good at it. At the end of the day the long hours and working from home made it impossible to have/start a family. Working with my co-workers could always be challenging as we were all women who worked in very tight/small office space together for many hours at a time, but it was also nice to have someone that close to help when needed. We became a small family.
Pros
I loved my customers.
Cons
Too busy to take lunch breaks.
Excellent
Commercial Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 26, 2013
Tech 24 is a great company to work for if you are a refrigeration technician. Their refrigeration department has good managers that have been in the trade for a long time and understand how to manage employees day to day. Their uniforms are nice and they provide actual tactical cargo pants which are very convenient for the trade. They are open to technicians covering for each other during certain on call duties. Management will go out if their way for you if you prove you are an honest employee who will expend effort to complete jobs and exercise due diligence when diagnosing equipment. Perhaps the best quality I find about Tech 24 is they really make the technicians own their jobs from start to finish if time and work demand allows it. I would have to think long and hard before I could come up with something I do not like about the company.

I have worked for a number of companies in the area and I appreciate how technicians are handled by management at this company. The department's direct supervisor (P.S) is a great guy who is an excellent labor foreman and knows how to delegate and make his technicians own their jobs. He makes himself available, has a direct communication style, and actually knows how to do the work himself.

Unfortunately due to my wife's job transfer to Kentucky I do not have the privilege of staying with them.

Top notch, no complaints, try and get on with them if you can.
Pros
uniforms, job feedback, training, leadership
Great Environment
SE VA Team Account Leader (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 11, 2012
Wonderful place to work and plenty of room for growth and advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tech-24. Our community is ready to answer.