Tech Data

Tech Data Employer Reviews

A fortune 100 company with great potential
Apple Solutions Rep (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: limited room to advance
I enjoyed my 14 plus years at Tech Data. I was surrounded by great people and learned so much about IT distribution
Productive Workplace
Product Sales Champion - Oracle (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 10, 2014
Typical day, I make outbound sales calls, I initiate meetings internally and externally. I plan strategic events for customers in order to drive revenue.
Competitive Work Place
Systems Engineer - TD Mobile Solutions (Current Employee), Clearwater, FloridaNovember 4, 2014
One of a kind work place. Very competitive and fast paced. Excellent learning experience!
Extremely professional environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Clearwater,FLOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great people, good cafeteria, and flexible hours.
Cons: no 401k match, cubicle environment (not very good for sharing ideas with other creatives)
During my 9 years at Tech Data, I must say, that it was an extremely rewarding experience. I liked the variation in the job requirements. I was able to demonstrate different skills and had lots of opportunities to use my creative abilities.
Really gave me a chance to expand my computer knowledge.
Senior Computer Technical Support Member (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 27, 2014
I went from 25 computer hardware calls a day to 175 calls a day !
I was the top computer hardware expert at the top leading computer company retailer in the nation. Robert Hutson was a great supervisor and did everything possible to make my job as comfortable as possible.
Evolving workplace with room to grow with the company
Sales Development (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 26, 2014
Since employed at Tech Data I have had many opportunities to evolve. I have learned different department job functions, cross trained and taken soft skills trainings to improve. All in all Tech Data has my best interest at hand to develop.
Great company to work for, low salary
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Potential to move up
Great exposure
Excellent Benefits
Training opportunities
Low pay
Flexible workplace, but sometimes micromanaging
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: micromanaging
A lot of visibility if you work hard. Plenty of opportunity for advancement, but also political. I have never had a problem taking off work when needed, but you are also expected to work long hours.
Perfect job for the complacent
Marketing (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: if you get in, you stay in
Cons: stale, stagnant culture
I believe they boast about the average tenure being around 12 - 15 years. That's because if you get in here, you get comfortable -short of committing a felony onsite you stay. No accountability. Collect a check and go home.

Management focuses on areas of the business with no strategic roadmap yet implementation resources are maxed out working on whatever pops in someone's head as an idea that day.

I worked with people who had no college degree, no experience other than Tech Data, surfed the web most if not all day and yet were paid what I was paid for working 8-10 hour days.

This place is perfect for someone who can get in and does not really care about having any real impact on what they do or their career growth.

Little to no growth in marketing or niche technical areas. Red flag; if it takes your manager over 10 years to get their first promotion - you can't expect any growth for yourself.

Don't try to impact change. Don't suggest efficiency or new processes and whatever you do, don't ask questions and you will absolutely love it here.
Not a fun place.
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Did not enjoy working there, but learned a lot of new skills.
Great Place to Work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), ClearwaterJuly 23, 2014
Overall good company to work for -
Nice benefit and compensation package
Driven to perform and fun environment
Product Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility, they treat you as an adult
Cons: healthcare, and vacation is average
Opportunity to take on extra projects
Freedom to work independently yet opportunity to work together with different teams
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 27, 2014
I worked with alot of great people. Learned and worked in SAP, great managers to work for.
A day at tech data
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJMay 9, 2014
A lot of orders being shipped by a certain time required skills. All day counting and checking serial numbers can build you concentration skills. Co- worker work together to get the job done right. The hardest part is being on time before the truck leaves. The things I enjoyed was working with fun people making money.
Creative, productive and stimulating company
Accountant I (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: encouraged to grow and think creatively
In the 11 years I spent at Tech Data I learned more than any student could possibly learn. We were encouraged to think of creative ways to improve processes or even create new ways of doing old processes in a more efficient and cost effective way. They have great regard for the opinions of the people that are in the "trenches" actually doing the day-to-day work when designing new systems and processes. This company has grown leaps and bounds since I started in 1998 all because of the creative thinking it encourages in every employee that wants to step up and grow. I planned on retiring from Tech Data but the economy had different ideas.
Day in and Day out Work
Systems Operator (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 25, 2014
Constant micromanagement by upper management. Slightest mistake and one may get written up by management. Low pay. Inadequate staff, making it harder on the employees in my department.
Amazing People Amazing Culture
Product Sales Champion (Former Employee), Tampa Fl.March 21, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: distance from my house.
The culture is fantastic and the people who manage the business really care.
warehouse
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: learned new skills
Cons: inside temperature at the warehouse
I picked my own items to fulfill customer orders with a forklift or by hand depending on the weight and location of the item.I learned to drive an electric pallet jack. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the temperature. It was cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
Productive fun place
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami,FloridaFebruary 10, 2014
During my experience at Tech Data Corporation I have conducted multiple CCTV investigations concerning missing and stolen product from our warehouses. I have also conducted audits and investigations of High Value Cargo within Tech Data’s warehouse. During the course of these audits and investigations I have successfully recovered missing or lost product, thus helping keep the shrink to a very minimum percentage. I have experience in implementing programs and guidelines within my staff that have enhanced our Loss Prevention efforts.
A great place to work!
Senior Manager of Loss Prevention and Security (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: continuous training
Cons: large business culture
An excellent company to work for. Tech Data has the unique ability to project future business conditions to better position the company to respond to these events.

I enjoyed working with my contemporaries at Tech Data and was fortunate enough to receive continuous on-the-job training in various skills and requirements to enhance my knowledge and understanding of the corporate culture.

1 2 3 4

About Tech Data

Tech Data is 100% committed to IT products distribution. One of the world's largest distributors of computer products, Tech Data – Read more