Tech Data Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
SSR - Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 7, 2016
I was an SSR so i do not have much to say but according to my coworkers at the time there was a lot of unprofessional decisions made.
fun and fast paced work enviroment
Software Sales (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 15, 2016
TD a great company to work for, fast paced and employees can build a future with supportive career development and financial wellness programs.
Fast paced environment
MANAGER, LOGISTICS FINANCE (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 2, 2016
My co-workers are great to work with. A typical day at work is very fast paced, constant meetings and very administrative.
Listen to your associates Sr Management
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 1, 2016
Tech Data is a fun company to be employed by. Advice to Senior Management, listen to associate concerns without bias. Senior Management pay attention to you associates they have valid opinions.
Pros
Quarterly Employee Events
Cons
Senior Management needs to listen to employee concerns
terrible place to work
Inside Sales Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Management is not good, and the culture is very very closed. They do not have much diversity at all. They pay is not great and many teams do not get a long with each other. That is the reason I left because i couldn't stand my team after working with them for 5 yrs
Pros
You learn a lot about IT industry
Cons
Terrible management and culture and pay
Stay away!!!
Cisco SE (Former Employee) –  Third FloorDecember 28, 2015
Just say no. This company is a joke to work for. I promise you.... You will not like working there in any way. Tech Data could not care less about their employees
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything you can imagine
Tech Data hired me and promoted me several times. I became a top salesperson with many benefits. Learned education, sales of computer systems & more
Channel Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 16, 2015
Working with upper and lower management was important. I was able to work with vendors, managers, team managers and staffs of various teams, company reps, end users.................all taught me the "newest and best" in the computer world. What a job!

I enjoyed the sales training meetings on a daily basis. Learned how to take a computer apart. I received bonuses from various computer companies for selling their goods. And, I wrote a program for a telesales group called "Smile & Dial".

The hardest part of the job was when my mother passed away and I had to take some time off; although, when I returned I was trained by a manager who spent his personal time with me until I caught up.
Pros
Great lunch and learn meetings, good perks and commissions.
Cons
Too many meetings that took away from selling time on the floor.
Tech Data
HP Solutions Associate-HP POD (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 3, 2015
At my time at Tech data thus far I have enjoyed it. Everyday something is always changing which is good so it isn't so repetitive everyday.
Not a company I would recommend for a sales person.
Inside Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 25, 2015
Below average management team and extremely micro managed. Too much time and energy focused on all other aspects other than sales. Low moral as well with employees.
Office Work
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Clearwater floridaOctober 15, 2015
A good steady and quiet job that allows you to work do customer service in a different view. Different programs such as SAP and Licenses to be returned virtually instead of physically
n/a
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJOctober 14, 2015
Great manager, no real opportunity for advancement, Okay health benefits, okay pay rate, no real raise unfortunately
Good company & management
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 11, 2015
Tech Data is a great company to work for and I have always had great management while at the company. There is plenty of room for advancement if you work for it.
In general a good company. Too much work, constant pressure.
Inside Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 6, 2015
Need to look at mid level managers and see how supportive or not, they are to the employee. Constantly changing the focus in the company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too much pressure
Productive and friendly work environment; encouraged to grow
Associate III (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Wonderful company to work for. They have great benefits and management is fantastic in my experience. It was a pleasure working there.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, events, opportunity to grow
Very Long and unsure hours
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 9, 2015
All overtime is mandatory on a day to day basic. You do not know how long you will have to work that day until you are already at work half way through your shift.

Driving a forklift putting away shipments. Scanning and receiving all merchandise into the warehouse.
Pros
One 30 minute paid break One 30 minute unpaid break
Cons
no benefits, no family time granted
growth
sales (Former Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 1, 2015
seeking great in moving up in the company , learned different skills and trained other people to become successful the hardest part is working in extreme hot weather and cold weather
Wish I never left.......
Product Manager (FL)-Temp Employee (GA) (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL and Suwanee, GAAugust 23, 2015
Making sure orders were properly released to our business partners.

How to start up a product line and manage it.

Management was great. The most professional group of people I ever had the pleasure of working with.

Co-works were very professional and we were a great team.

The hardest part of the job was leaving to be closer to my daughter in Georgia after 13 years of service.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when our business partners would come to visit, we would all go out to dinner and have a great time. It wasn't always shop talk.
Pros
2 Weeks off plus 6 sick days, great benefits, great pay, great group of people.
Cons
Parking
Inside Account Rep
Inside Account Representative (Former Employee) –  ClearwaterAugust 1, 2015
Its a good company to work for with a good working environment. Sales gets hit from every angle and sometimes does not get the help that it needs from other departments. Pay was ok when you are hitting your bonus. The benefits were normal and you get a week of vacation to start followed by two after your first year. Sales does get a lot of perks and free stuff from the vendors. The managers that I had were all good and very helpful.
Pros
Job Security, great place to network, free stuff from vendors
Cons
Pay is ok, Sales doesn't always get the help required from other departments
Productive and fun work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 30, 2015
Co-workers were friendly and helpful
Learned the warehouse environment
Company shows workers that they are appreciated
Good place to work with solid benefits and chance for advancement
Sr. Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 16, 2015
Good people to work with in every department. Events on campus to get employees together on special occasions. Management lets you get your work done around life events.
Pros
Large stable company with opportunity for advancement
Cons
Very little time taken by management to help you get a better position