Tech Data

Tech Data Employer Reviews

Fun Internship
Sales Intern (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 23, 2013
Tech Data provided a fun way to learn about the corporate world.
Outstanding Professional Experience
Product Manager/Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Tech Data was a great and growing company when I worked there. While there they became a leading global Fortune distributor of computer hardware and software. I started in Telemarketing and quickly moved to Inside Sales. My territory was the Miami and Puerto Rico markets. My customers in Miami were primarly Exporters and my Puerto Rico customers were – more... Value Added Resllers and Computer Retailers. I spent nearly 7 years with Tech Data and my last 4 years I worked in Product Marketing growing a major product line from $2 million in revenues per year to $46 million in revenues per year. As a product manager I was in charge of purchasing and marketing decisions. – less
Fun and high energy inside sales job
Sales Account Executive - United States & Canada (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: wanted to be in the field
I was the vendor rep for Intel and Microsoft at a distribution company. I sold products to large government entities and Universities. I enjoyed my co workers they made the office environment a fun place to be. I was motivated by my manager as well.
Excellent employer in Clearwater, FL
Director of Purchasing (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 17, 2013
Worked there for 16 years, excellent company to work for and one of the top companies in the Tampa Florida area.
Exellent
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 25, 2013
This is a very good place to work. The pay, the raises, and the benefits packages compared to other companies like it in the area are nearly unmatched.
Good company to start a career, not good pay. Questionable Upper management
Business Analyst II (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 22, 2013
Pros: career experience
Cons: bad pay
Tech Data is a good company to start a career, it will allow you to growth professionally and gain experience. The company it is not good paying their employees. Good atmosphere, professional environment.
The benefits are not that great, this year 401k was cancelled, as well raises, but they have the money to build a new building.
Good place to get experience, easy to get "comfortable"
Account Executive (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2013
If you have drive to make the most of it, I think Tech Data is an amazing school and can help you advance in your career. It can become very easy to become comfortable in a position and get stuck before you know it.
Great place to work with great work enviroment
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches from vendors
A typical day on the job was to manage sales reps so that they made their outbound calls to their accounts daily and provided feedback .
Friendly staff
Product Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2013
I was only an intern for about 3 months, but everyone I worked with was kind and willing to help.
Excelent place to work
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), Clearwater FlJune 5, 2013
Pros: free lunchces
Cons: no retirements
Responded to calls as well as request via emails. Follow up with the customers. Management is always willing to assist. Work good with one another, team player. The hard part about the job is to tell our customer No. Coming to work everyday and know that we are helping the customers.
Work/Life Balance not so balanced.
Marketing (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 1, 2013
Tech Data has been running on a very lean staff for some time now. This translates to long, stressful days. The pace can be relentless with little to no down time to regroup.

The potential for great things is there. However, the conditions are such that most people are burnt out and looking within a year or two tops.

A lot of very talented individuals – more... have come in with wonderful ideas only to be squelched, and made to conform to standard, boring, high profit margin linecard activites. No real creativity is embraced.

A typical day anymore leaves most mentally and emotionally drained, only to go home, log back in remotely, and continue working into the night.

Management seems to look the other way so to speak when it comes to these issues. – less
Job...
Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 28, 2013
This company provided me with a Job...not much opportunity for growth and advancement. In addition, the organization lacks cultural diversity.
Fast paced, caring management, plenty of growth opportunity
Client Systems Division, Product Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 20, 2013
Pros: close sense of family, professnioal management
Tech Data had a close sense of community that made it enjoyable to come to work each day. Management was always very helpful and understanding.
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2013
good place to work and has a lot of room for advancement. good place to work for desk job
great place to work
Senior Co-Op Balancer (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 10, 2013
Pros: best food in the cafeteria
always learning new things, no stress, great managers, learned about new systems, projects.
I enjoyed learning new things and working in a wearehouse.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAApril 10, 2013
Pros: this job was all around fun
Cons: there was none
I would clock in and get my first order which was usually long but it took me a hour to finish. Go back to my manager get my second order fill my trolley again. and then take my lunch go back finish my order and then get put on random item pick up
Struggle with management staff and communication
Area Manager, Logistics (Former Employee), Fontana, CAApril 9, 2013
Pros: hourly employee moral
Cons: communication and leadership
A company that has bad communication skills and has a lack of leadership and direction amongst the management staff. There's also a lack of trust amongst upper management and lower managers. However the company does try to provide everything they can for their hourly employees.
Fast paced environment with opportunity collaborative global opportunities
HR Senior Manager & Diversity Leader (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 31, 2013
Pros: work pace
Management is highest level of ethical and capable skills. The culture is very fast paced and technology environment.
It's ok
Customer Service (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 20, 2013
I learned that you should keep to your self in a corporate type setting.
Liked it very much at Tech Data.
Trainer (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJMarch 18, 2013
There for 13 yrs. till major layoff. Received in product, Inventory Control, Customer Service, Trained other employees.

About Tech Data

Tech Data is 100% committed to IT products distribution. One of the world's┬álargest distributors of computer products, Tech Data – Read more