Tech Data Employee Reviews

Productive yet laid back work environment
Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FlJune 4, 2015
Tech Data has built a culture of excellence by putting the customer first and taking care of it's employees by listening and responding to their needs.
Tech Data
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 25, 2015
This position is in a challenging environment that does not support work / life balance. The schedule includes frequent 12 hour days and weekend shifts. Considerations for shift requirements are strictly based on business needs and not fully disclosed with the job offer. The bonus program is challenging to understand and not clearly and consistently explained.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Overtime, political environment
Awesome learning experience
Solutions Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 20, 2015
Fantastic learning experience, have advanced into several roles, like any large fortune 200 company going to have some politics, but the people are great and the you can touch a lot of different technology. With Tech Data being on the distribution side of IT, financial compensation is not the best, but combined wit benefits, perks, company's stability it's fair.
Good place to open doors
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 12, 2015
Good company to get your foot into the IT industry with. Advancement becomes a little hard after you have moved up a couple ranks.
Great environment to work in. Had its own cafeteria with chef.
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater FLMay 8, 2015
A typical day started with reviewing unmatched invoices in the system to see if product was received. If not I had to find out why it was not matched up. Sometimes it was wrong product or short some pieces from the order. I was in contact with receiving to find out what was received and then contact the vendor to reconcile the issue. Once a week I would talk with product marketing to find out what our payment to each vendor would be. I would then proceed to select eligible invoices netting them against promotions or advertising the vendors bought into and submit for payment.

The hardest part of the job was no onsite training for the position. You pretty much had to learn it on your own. I enjoyed working with the vendors to negotiate payment and reconcile receiving/invoicing errors.

Co-workers were very helpful in taking the time to get me started learning the position. Management was always available to answer questions or give direction when needed.
Pros
on site cafeteria with chef, secure facility with badge entry
Fun events
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2015
You meet interesting people , there are a lot issues that are blame on sales, even though that there customer care team suppose to handle
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no room to growth
Fun, exciting sales opportunity within the IT marketplace
West Regional Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 27, 2015
A typical day involved me checking emails from clients and returning quotes within a reasonable timeframe. Check the pipeline for opportunities presenting themselves. make and receive calls from clients to ensure proper product and software are integrated together.

I learned a lot of multitasking and time management. I also learned to use office software fairly well.

Management was very biased towards certain individuals and as a result harmed the workplace

Co-workers were a team and your biggest motivators

The hardest part if there really was one would be ensuring that your monthly sales goals were met

I loved the job, every part of it. The fast paced environment fueled my fire
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
long work days, not very family friendly
Great place to work and great staff to give you the tools to do your job successfully.
Inside Sales-National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 4, 2015
Tech Data was an excellent company. They not only have a well organized corporation, they have the means to allow their employees to further their educations and elevate your career advancement.
me
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Come in to the office, run the numbers of the day prior to see how much we sold . Open up outlook read the emails from customers either quote or place orders . Call them to see if they have any leads on potential deals they are working on .
Tech Data is a great place to learn many different aspects of business
Inside Sales Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 29, 2014
Employed there for 18 years, started off working 12-9 but now my schedule fluctuates from 8-5 & 9-6.

Great exposure
Flexible schedule
LOW MORALE
A fortune 100 company with great potential
Apple Solutions Rep (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 21, 2014
I enjoyed my 14 plus years at Tech Data. I was surrounded by great people and learned so much about IT distribution
Pros
great people
Cons
limited room to advance
Productive Workplace
Product Sales Champion - Oracle (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 10, 2014
Typical day, I make outbound sales calls, I initiate meetings internally and externally. I plan strategic events for customers in order to drive revenue.
Competitive Work Place
Systems Engineer - TD Mobile Solutions (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FloridaNovember 4, 2014
One of a kind work place. Very competitive and fast paced. Excellent learning experience!
Extremely professional environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater,FLOctober 31, 2014
During my 9 years at Tech Data, I must say, that it was an extremely rewarding experience. I liked the variation in the job requirements. I was able to demonstrate different skills and had lots of opportunities to use my creative abilities.
Pros
great people, good cafeteria, and flexible hours.
Cons
no 401k match, cubicle environment (not very good for sharing ideas with other creatives)
Really gave me a chance to expand my computer knowledge.
Senior Computer Technical Support Member (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 27, 2014
I went from 25 computer hardware calls a day to 175 calls a day !
I was the top computer hardware expert at the top leading computer company retailer in the nation. Robert Hutson was a great supervisor and did everything possible to make my job as comfortable as possible.
Evolving workplace with room to grow with the company
Sales Development (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 26, 2014
Since employed at Tech Data I have had many opportunities to evolve. I have learned different department job functions, cross trained and taken soft skills trainings to improve. All in all Tech Data has my best interest at hand to develop.
Great company to work for, low salary
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Potential to move up
Great exposure
Excellent Benefits
Training opportunities
Low pay
Flexible workplace, but sometimes micromanaging
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 2, 2014
A lot of visibility if you work hard. Plenty of opportunity for advancement, but also political. I have never had a problem taking off work when needed, but you are also expected to work long hours.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
micromanaging
Perfect job for the complacent
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 6, 2014
I believe they boast about the average tenure being around 12 - 15 years. That's because if you get in here, you get comfortable -short of committing a felony onsite you stay. No accountability. Collect a check and go home.

Management focuses on areas of the business with no strategic roadmap yet implementation resources are maxed out working on whatever pops in someone's head as an idea that day.

I worked with people who had no college degree, no experience other than Tech Data, surfed the web most if not all day and yet were paid what I was paid for working 8-10 hour days.

This place is perfect for someone who can get in and does not really care about having any real impact on what they do or their career growth.

Little to no growth in marketing or niche technical areas. Red flag; if it takes your manager over 10 years to get their first promotion - you can't expect any growth for yourself.

Don't try to impact change. Don't suggest efficiency or new processes and whatever you do, don't ask questions and you will absolutely love it here.
Pros
if you get in, you stay in
Cons
stale, stagnant culture
Not a fun place.
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 27, 2014
Did not enjoy working there, but learned a lot of new skills.
Pros
close to home.