Tech Data Employee Reviews

productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 15, 2017
A typical day was trying not to get wrote up for something silly. you always have good managers, and managers that suck at there job, but you balance it out.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no union
Used to be enjoyable
Solution Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2017
Avnet just sold us to Tech Data. Too many management layers. Benefits decreased. Used to get to work from home 3 days a week now only one. Over worked and a no overtime policy. Not many paid holidays and paid days off decreased. Long for the old Avnet!
Pros
Usually one free lunch a quarter
Cons
Over worked, poor benefits
Sales Culture
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 14, 2017
This company's culture is based on salesmanship. Any prospective employee needs to consider if they are a good salesperson. If a good salesperson then this company is worth considering.
If you can get in as management it seems to be good
After Sales Management (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 13, 2017
Typical corporate company: hiring freezes, layoffs, decent benefits but could be so much better, employee treatment varies vastly depending on your department and manager.
Pros
schedule, benefits, pay
Cons
advancement, layoffs, temp to perm, no recognition to lower level employees.
Excellent
Roles - Corporate Treasurer Europe (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 11, 2017
As a senior manager I had big responsibilities.

The work was intense but satisfying in doing a job well

Hours were long and varied. Often due to time differences you might be expected to work through the night
Pros
Corporate Hospitality
Cons
Working for an American Company
Great place to work.
Tele Smart Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 9, 2017
I love the people, management and everyone played their part. I took advantage of Lunch and learn it. It provided inside information
on the product.
Pros
Lunch and learn
Cons
For me it was temporary position.
Work was constant
Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 5, 2017
Upper management didn't communicate well with the sales and marketing teams. They would tell sales different things than the marketing team. They ignored the contracts we had with resellers and vendors.
Benefits
Cons
No time for socializing with co workers
Sr. Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  2200 NW 112th AvenueOctober 3, 2017
Management always had directives in front of you and, encouraged your performance
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Export division, after you reach a manager position, limited space for growth
Collaborative
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 30, 2017
Open door policy to executives, leadership cares, collaborative in nature, everyone is willing to help. Fair compensation with active hr department assisting with career goals, mentorship is a priority and they truly care.
Nice place to work
Service Support Rep, ISCS (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 19, 2017
They are very helpful to employees with personal problems. They are understanding and provide solutions for employees with needs. They have fund holiday activities to keep employee moral up.
The pay could be better but the job I had was very easy, once you learn the software. I would still work there but I had to move out of state due to my husbands health issues.
Fun place
Associate Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Fun place to work, great benefits. The pay is bad, and hours are too. Give discounts to employees with their product. Healthy company with a young staff.
Nice working environment, love the diversity!
Cloud Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Tech Data is an awesome place to work in my opinion. Relaxed environment, but everyone is a hard worker! Work life balance is great and management does work with you.
Great for Internships
Product Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 4, 2017
I have my Internship at Tech Data and love it, it exposed me to the corporate culture before I graduated college and provided me with great product marketing experience needed for my degree.
fast paced and, energetic with many perks
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 28, 2017
A typical day consisted of taking 60-100 inbound calls daily and, trying to outbound at least 20. Took orders and, up sold on other items we were asked to promote.

I learned quickly to multi-task!

The culture was fun and, upbeat with many friendly competions

The hardest part was out bounding calls due to the heavy in call volume and, the constant changing of our monthly sales goals...which made it difficult to manage to our bottom line.

Most enjoyable was the added perks, from the competitions won...trips to different cities "all expenses paid" and, tickets to shows, sporting events and concerts. Recognition for outstanding achievements as well.
Pros
Great perks and, fun work atmosphere
Cons
Stress about goal achiement
good company but needs less politics
Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 27, 2017
enjoyable company and used to be a lot more giving to its employees. a lot of the attraction to tech data is far gone due to management taking things in a direction that took a lot of the extra compensation and incentives away while forcing people to work harder for barely making the bare minimum of your salary
Very laid back, unstructured company
Customer service, assign tickets to repair servers (Current Employee) –  Groveport OhioAugust 23, 2017
Came in as a temp to hire after 90 days. Have yet to be hired on. I do not receive paid time off or health benefits. Pay is very low. Company itself is very disorganized. They do not have system training you just kind of have to figure it out as you go. The employees have all been very nice and helpful. I also do not see much opportunities for advancement.
Enjoyed my tenure of 25 years,
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLAugust 23, 2017
Tech Data was overall a great place to work. High volume work environment, Management overall fair. Great benefits. Hardest part of the job going with the flow, Enjoyed the type of work I did.
Pros
Great peers to work with.
Cons
management not consistent with rules and regulations but doable
Great Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2017
Learned alot about marketing and corporate lifestyle. I would recommend someone who would like to know what a day to day is like in a corprate atmosphere to try this internship out. You will learn alot about social media marketing if you use your time right.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Cubicles
Fun place to work at
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 15, 2017
Loved working at tech data. This was one of my favorite jobs. Everyone was kind. It was like working with family. The events were amazing here. Had the best boss.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No job security
not great not horrible
DCR Rep ll (Current Employee) –  Obetz, OHAugust 14, 2017
this is the same as the DCR , it is the same company.
Management is not always present as they are supposed to be as their office is on the working floor with us. We can never find our lead. He is never where he can be found. He delagates HIS work to others and takes credit for it.
benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tech Data. Our community is ready to answer.