Tech Data Employee Reviews

Tech Data
Sr Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 28, 2016
I enjoyed everything about Tech Data, except after poor quarterly sales, "position elimination" would occur. I would encourage people to work there but don't necessarily expect job security.
Pros
Great Coworkers and many positions
Cons
frequent "position elimination"
okay workplace
LC Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 8, 2016
great work experience other than not having enough workers to maintain work/life balance. Great coworker relationships. hardest part of job was the extreme heat conditions.
Pros
salary
Cons
heat conditions
flexible and fun company to work for
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33760January 16, 2017
hours were flexible, even though My hours were 9-5, I would show up sometimes prior to my start time and stay to the 5:00 and accumulate these hours so I can leave early on Friday.
All the Managers are a delight to work with. In 2012 I had to run My area by myself for a lengthy time. I had the support and help form all the Managers and Directors whenever I needed an assistance. If I had an opportunity to be re-called, I would be glad to. We have Team members on Each team and team players were a priority. everyone worked as a team
Pros
excellent company to work for
Cons
no cons
Process over Performance
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  remoteNovember 10, 2016
At Field Sales level, intense micro management with greater emphasis placed on check boxing forms than results. $7B US sales and NO CRM for Field Sales. It's all done with a multitude of Excel spread sheets
Pros
good pay
Cons
11+ hour days -EVERY day. Mid management is clueless
Okay place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 8, 2016
Several years ago, Tech Data was a great place to work and the Sales Department was fun and worth it. In the last few years they have developed new training programs and sales ops managers that have separated support roles from sales rep positions and it has been an utter failure. The Sr. Sales Ops manager is horrible at managing people and doesn't understand that not all customers needs are identical. Most of the people at work are very sociable and easy to get along with. There used to be a lot of opportunity for growth but it seems to be harder and harder to find opportunities within the company.
Pros
Free lunches, social environment, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Management needs training
Lots of opportunity but wages are not very competative.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 2, 2016
Management is good and give employees plenty of room to shine however it can be difficult to make obtain large promotions and a typical promotion is a very small pay bump. Great company to start out at or build a resume at.
Hard workers need not apply
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2016
I was packing so fast the other packers did not have any work to do. They complained to management and I was removed from that area and was told to wrap pallets with plastic by hand when there was a functioning wrapping machine ten feet away. It is sad that my hard work did not pay off and the two-faced, lazy, haters got their way. Management decided to keep the 5 slow, hateful, workers instead of keeping the one hard worker that was actually happy to be there. Don't be surprised when they say you have to work on the weekends because the orders are not getting completed during the week. The reason for that is the lack of work ethic from 90% of the staff. Remember: Being mediocre is the key at this place. Enjoy.
Pros
pay is $13.50 / hr
Cons
Hateful group of people in the XEROX shipping department
Poor place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington/fontanaFebruary 13, 2017
Bad place to work top out at $13 an hour at fontana/ bloomington warehouse managemen2 has no idea on what to do or how to manage people avoid xdcj or crossdock at all cost especially if your manager is henry doesnt know how to run area...the lead runs the area...over worked and under payed job...12 hours a day including saturdays.
Cons
A great place to work if you find the right department and team to be with.
Associate Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 4, 2017
A great place to work if you find the right department and team to be with. My department was very goal driven but always awarded hard with when they could.
It's what you make of it
Sr. Client Engagement Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Very stable environment focused on tight margins. You get out of it what you put into it like any place else. Internal focus with upcoming acquisition. Unsure what possibilities the future holds post acquisition.
Sales of IT products to resellers.
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 27, 2016
My job position was to become a specialist on Shavlick software and trainover 200 sales reps on this product to sell to resellers. Institute marketing programs to make the line profitable.
Pros
Reputation in the IT community
Cons
Lack of knowledge by sales reps due to their responsility to sell over 200 product lines.
Enjoyable place to work
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed my 6 years at TD. I had planned to retire from that company. It was never boring. I learned a lot there. I enjoyed planning activities for my co-workers and really liked my bosses.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
slow raises
I was a temp
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working for tech data. I gained a lot of valuable experience. Would love to work for them again. They have a lot of great managers but it is always changing.
Productive and great work envirnorment
Warehouse Worker/Picker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJanuary 23, 2017
My days working there was amazing I learned how to pick, pack, cycle count and trained others doing all the jobs I was trained in.
Pros
Lunch was always need
Cons
Breaks are short
Its a pretty good place to work
Kitting (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Definitely needs to work on being Climate controlled but a pretty good place to work over all. They have good overtime available also so that's good.
Great
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Great! I was a part of the early stages of the company so I was able to watch it grow and become the major corporation that it is today. I am thankful for the time that I was there.
Very tiring and unorganized over crowded enviornment to work.
Picker/ Packer & Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 2, 2016
It is a tiring job and can ware your body into different stages of exhaustion. I myself have been working 12 hours consistently everyday on a regular basis. Their were two weeks where i worked 16 hours everyday and it was impossible to to not function right at work although i still brought my effort and performed 100% i was still able to work safely and be productive.
Its okay
Cisco Parnter Account Manager Solutions Rep (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 2, 2016
I have no real complaionts except for the pay but the company does hold events for us and has a good work environment. Ive been here 2 years and already got promoted.
Casual Intensity
Senior Compensation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 2, 2016
Tech Data appeared to me to be a place of casual but intense environment of productivity and excellence. Management is employee friendly; employees are granted a certain degree of autonomy and perceive to have the confidence of management to perform well. Telecommuting is available.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay somewhat lower than one would expect
Great place to work and understand the channel
Manager Carrier Programs (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 27, 2016
Strong leadership and a great place to work and understand the channel as TD is one of the world’s largest technology distributors who offers a wide range of IT and technical and business support services.

TD will train you on many of the hardware devices and software applications etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tech Data. Our community is ready to answer.