The mechanical engineer would work in a team environment and would be expected to perform the following tasks with minimal supervision:
Design mechanical assemblies, sub-assemblies and fixtures for customized automation equipment. Prepare detailed engineering drawings to be issued to machine shops for fabrication. Communicate with machine shops and other vendors to quote, track delivery, and resolve quality problems. Specify actuators, motion stages, bearings, connectors, fittings, and other machine hardware. Assemble, test, re-work, and integrate mechanical subassemblies. Interact with mechanical and electrical engineers, programmers, and assembly technicians to ensure a timely and on-budget final system. Prepare support documentation including assembly drawings, bill of materials, and maintenance manuals. Participate in the entire life of projects from concept design to installation and support at customer sites worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, detail, and document Automated Materials Handling equipment and Self Checkout equipment for the library industry.
- Review and analyzes specifications, engineering drawings, BOM’s, and related data to determine factors affecting component designs.
- Interact with all stakeholders including vendors, customers, and all internal team members
- Manage development projects through product development process.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 4-6 years of conveyor, automated machine, or analogous design experience
- Extensive experience in 3D computer aided design - Autodesk Inventor a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and willingness to take responsibility for successful execution of multiple tasks through all stages of a project.
- Familiarity with automation components, including motors, motion stages, bearings, sensors, etc.
- An understanding of mechanism design, designing for manufacturability, ease of maintenance, and ergonomics.
- Create and implement quality standards for Tech Logic’s products designed in the Engineering department.
- Designing for advanced machining processes such as EDM is a plus.
- Understanding and proficiency in related engineering disciplines (electrical, controls, programming) is desired.
- Ability to travel a minimal amount is required.
Indeed - 19 months ago