Rush your resumes to kritika at tech-observer dotcom
JOB SUMMARYThe Coding Analyst is responsible for the Department of Neurological Surgery’s professional coding and charge capture process. This position as a Coding Analyst will be responsible for assigning CPT and ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes in accordance with Federal, State, University and contracted payer regulations and guidelines, and identify coding errors. S/he will conduct clinical documentation reviews and provide feedback to client clinical providers, as well as conduct quality assurance reviews for CPT/ICD-9/ ICD-10 codes. The Coding Analyst is responsible for coding surgical services to ensure accuracy and compliance with coding guidelines, University policies and State and Federal regulations. This position will resolve billing exceptions, denials. S/he will identify coding and edit trends and identify opportunities for improvement. This information will be communicated with the Revenue Management managers.
The Coding Analyst is expected to adhere to all House and Telephone Standards and after training through appropriate classes and seminars, demonstrate competency in all required tasks.
- Two years experience in surgical coding for Professional services.
- High school graduation and four years of related administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional Coder certification from either AAPC or AHIMA.
- Three years experience in professional fee coding position
- Demonstrated experience in applying coding and documentation concepts, rules and guidelines.
- Proficiency with MS office products. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Windows and basic Word, Excel, and Outlook applications required.
- Experience with health information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of medical terminology and knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding conventions
- Ability to problem solve, analyze data and recommend changes.
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; bending; waist twisting; climbing stairs; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred; or a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Strongly preferred administrative experience in an academic environment or large, non-profit organization.
- Experience with MD Audit software application.
- Experience using EPIC Resolute.
- Experience with EPIC charge entry and visit management modules.
- Experience with Ingenix Claims Manager edits.
License/Certification from AAPC
Position Type Full Time Temp
At Tech Observer our Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety group is dedicated solely to collecting, interpreting and reporting safety events on...