Tech USA Employee Reviews

Good Company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
Didn't have any problems with the work I did for them. Pay role was fair and communication was clear. I enjoyed doing what I do for them
Contracting company
ASTRO P25 Public Safety - Level 5 Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 28, 2016
Tech USA is a good company. They look out for their employees and contractors. They had found me right before I received and offer from another company. I met with them because i like to explore my options and ended up going with Tech USA instead.
Job Review at Tech USA
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 18, 2016
I typical day at work consisted of generating a call sheet in order to make phone calls to phone screen candidates for positons that we currently have open. Then making around 50 call per day to try and find worthy candidates. I learned many skills in sales such as cold calling and face to face career consulting. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the long hours. The best part was the competion. The co workers were great, but the managment was very immature.
Pros
work environment
Cons
hours, work life balance, managment
Good first job
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 2, 2016
Relaxing working environment
Young professionals
48 hour work week
Good location
Big office space
Close parking
Key fob and office key given on first day
High energy levels in office at all times
Pros
Relaxing work enviornment
Cons
48 hour work weeks
Clinet
Client looking for work. (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 14, 2016
Representative give up too easy. I went thru 4 representative they were no help at all. The first time I went inside there office it sounded like they were having good a office party. I am very disappointed in them.i had confidence in them, not anymore. They didn't care about me getting a job.
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
Working for Tech USA
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
The manager at the time was less than professional. If you didn't play along, your job was in danger. While I enjoyed what I did, the environment was not healthy.
TechUSA has no idea what's going on with their clients
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMay 7, 2016
first I have to say that it's a okay temp agency if you have a record because they don't do background checks, but if you don't have a record I would suggest going with another staffing agency, because Tech USA has no idea what's going on with the clients that they send people too on the jobs they have posted, the reason I say that, I'm working with one of their clients and they have no idea what hours I work, right now there was an issue where I didn't get paid all my hours that I worked, I am not happy with this temp agency if another job comes around I'm more likely would work another job and never work back with TechUSA. If anyone else is having issues with not getting paid all the hours they worked, I would suggest contacting the Chicago Labor Department so they're aware of what's going on.
Pros
don't do background checks
Cons
TechUSA misrepresented themselves and you don't get paid all the hours you worked
Environment fun/ Job Stressful
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDApril 22, 2016
You have to reach goals and hit certain numbers every week and report it. That part is stressful. Also I never see much of my day. long work hours. People are unreliable and that is what makes job hard and makes you look bad because candidates are not dependable. you can get fired for various reasons, but it is not easy to get thousands in commission. It takes a while. You make base pay which is 25,000 after taxes unless you hire someone and get a high commission (not that likely until after a year) Too much babysitting clients and cold calling pressure
Pros
Long breaks, minimal supervision, toys and fun people in office
Cons
Bosses don't give much guidance, Stressful to reach goals and numbers, Too much pressure to get into Sale, LONG work hours
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 1, 2016
This company was a stepping stone for me to gain experience in the work force. This was a call center where we would take calls to help people troubleshoot internet connection problems.
Young Office
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDMarch 29, 2016
Very young office environment with a lot of happy hours and social office events. Great opportunity for fast promotion if you are hardworking and sales driven.
Tech USA is basically staffing agency which does not have a lot of full time work.
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Vonore, TNMarch 28, 2016
The time there was prety good work environment. Assignment length is usually very short and then no immediate job placement after.
Pros
Company lunch
Cons
short work assignments nothing long term
Extremely unorganized but the pay was awesome while it lasted
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 22, 2016
The typical work day changes on a day by day basis. You have one day where you are working 12+ hours or they may have a day where they tell you not to come in at all for no valid reason. The company they're contracted with doesn't give the proper training and the on site supervisor is very unreliable and unprofessional. The pay is pretty good WHEN THEY PAY YOU IN A TIMELY manner. They are always hiring at this location because they randomly terminate employees for no valid reason.
Pros
N/A
Review of Tech USA
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IlinoisOctober 5, 2015
As a contractor for Motorola the benefits were limited. The management at Tech USA leaves a lot to be desired. They gave mostly lip service when you had a concern with them. The Pay was OK though.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor managment
Lively Environment
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDSeptember 15, 2015
Build and maintain relationships with clients and staffing partners

- Specialize in staff augmentation for the Building Automation Controls, Energy Efficiency, Construction, MEP and Facilities Engineering fields

- Member of the Engineering National Delivery Team

- Streamline recruiting processes and strategies for Contract and Direct Placement requirements
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
base pay
My position is business development and account management.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 1, 2015
I enjoy building rapport with clients to find out what is important to them in both a cultural and skill set fit. The bulk of my business is through referrals.
Revolving Doors into Frat Houses
Full Desk Account Executive (Former Employee) –  FLJune 30, 2015
Great people for the most part, highly collaborative. Decent place to work if you're under 30. Unfortunately the entry into the company is more of a bait and switch. You'll realize this when you see people leaving or being terminated on a weekly basis.
Productive and fun
installer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2015
Arrive early, get assigned to a position, run fiber optics and cat 5 cable through office buildings.
Learned how to set up cat 5 for data, and what's needed to do fiber optic installation and termination.
Management was really laid back and very knowledgeable.
Co-workers were friends from previous jobs and new friends, and the co-worker relationships were great.
Hardest part of the job was the extremely long hours, sometimes 18hrs but usually towards the deadline if we were behind.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the income!
Pros
Good money
Cons
temp work, may or may not be hired without giving a reason
A Joke
Account Executive/ Full Desk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2015
Train yourself. Hope for the best. No management. No stability. This is a start up mentality. They will give you a phone book sized training manual and tell you to hit the phones to cold call. There are no accounts to be grandfathered to. Get ready to be fed to the wolves.
Pros
Decent base for AE's
Cons
No clue how to run an IT staffing business. Start-up.
its a grind
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 1, 2015
on the phone for most of the day dialing away. very saturated for IT. not a lot of growth within the company and very micro managed.
TELOS: Contracted for Quest Communications
Customer Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 29, 2015
The company had poor training for the employees and this lead to a large turn over in personnel. Call Center that kept you tied to your telephone.
Pros
It was the beginning Networks in the homes we were troubleshooting
Cons
Poor training for Call Center Employees for troubleshoot skills & product knowledge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tech USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5