TECHE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LASeptember 14, 2015
Very pleasurable helping those in need; however somewhat competitive when it comes to making people pay medical bills which I know most be done. We had a quota to make and co-workers were a best somewhat rude to patients when they couldn't pay copays wasn't what I expected from hospital staff. My supervisor was new and didn't really know much about the operations of the department yet was very nice and approachable. I learned much about insurance lingo and medical terminology. Most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients navigate the insurance companies
Pros
Helping patients, learn about the medical industry
Cons
extremly competive when it comes to patients paying bills
Great Part-Time Job
Admit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LASeptember 8, 2015
Teche is a great place to work part-time for students, who can only work weekends or night-shifts. Management in the Registration department is fair, easy to get along with, and makes an effort to work around life events! The hardest part of the job is pleasing all "customers or patients."
Great learning and clinical experience
LPN Student (Obstetrics & Med-Surg II Clinical) (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LASeptember 5, 2015
Great learning and clinical experience. Learned more about the nurses role in a hospital setting. I practiced and improved my nursing skills.
Great place to work!
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAJune 2, 2015
I have only been working here for a short amount of time but management is great and it is a great and positive environment all around. The company not only takes superior care of patients but employees as well.
it was a learning experience!!
Patient Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAOctober 23, 2014
It was busy, interesting and a new everyday!!! Hardest part of the job was explaining to patients they had to have a co-pay before they had sevices.
Good people with no future!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Morgan CItyOctober 20, 2014
Good people when I was there. There is a VERY high turnover due to bad management. Some departments are great to work in but others suck these days because the long time managers have all left. The facility changes administrators every few years and they all make promises they will not keep. They recruit doctors some good and some terrible and as soon as the contract is over the doctor leaves and moves elsewhere to practice. The administrations are not friendly to physicians, nurses or staff. Their only concern is to cut as much as possible so their numbers look good and they can receive a larger bonus. There was one administrator who made awesome changes that resulted in the hospital making money for the first time in nine years. This occurred after his first month on the job. After he was terminated for his own private indiscretions the next administrator undid all the positive changes and ran the hospital into the ground within just a few months. Little job security here because many departments have been taken over by management companies resulting in loss jobs for many loyal and longtime employees.
Pros
not many
Cons
micromanaging break times, phone usage, cameras everywhere in facility
Admit clerk (Former Employee) –  Morgan City ,LAJune 23, 2014
I liked the spontaneous of working in registration never knowing if it was going to be the women services or 6th floor med calling to admit or need new stickers. The registration always got the job done.
Great work place, worked as a team
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAApril 9, 2014
Every working minute was a working minute. Always busy with cashier window and phone, Always face to face or by phone there was customer service, collections, refunds, or research to be done. Had great Supervisor and co-workers. We always worked as a team. We made our goals and became #1 Business Office with the Life Point Corp. Great place to work at.
Pros
received great bonus for making goals each month.
Cons
every month that we made our goals, the next month goals was higher
Maintenance Mechanic
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAJanuary 13, 2014
Good work hours was the best part 7am to 3:30pm. never knew if you had a job the next day not a good feeling.
Pros
work hours
Cons
always feel like your job was on the line.
Teche regional medical- morgan city
admitting registrar (Current Employee) –  morgan city, laApril 8, 2013
My typical day is really not a typical day at work because something is always changing . Dealing with sick patients is not always the most easiest job. My Co-workers are ok for the most part, but never trust any of your dear workers that are always trying get you in trouble . For the most part, my day is not that hectic, actually very interesting
Pros
trips they give us and hours
Cons
back stabbers

Want to know more about TECHE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER?

Ask a question
Overall a good place to work.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAApril 23, 2012
Has provided cross-training in several areas of nursing and multi-department skills and knowledge.
A typical day at work can range from acute care situation to maintenance and follow-up patient care
Management strongly supports nursing personel and provides continuing education.
My co-workers are supportive and experienced.
The hardest part of the job is long hours extending past 12 hour shifts but sometimes necessary.
The most ejoyable part of the job is the women I work with and the continued skills learned and knowledge gained in varied settings.
Pros
certifications provided by hospital, flexible schedule.
Cons
small hospital setting, unpredictable staffing needs, flexing according to census.
fun 1st time experience with different skills
CNA/Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAApril 11, 2012
wonderful 1st time job as a CNA and Reg.Clerk loved it and would return if i was to moved back to morgan city
Pros
free meals
Cons
some staff members attitude