Technatomy Corporation Employee Reviews

Good small business
Information Security / Release manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 7, 2018
enjoyed the people I worked with worked long hours , had to start at 4:30 am to support customer , would work for them again, some issues with turnover that caused stress
Pros
Remote
Cons
small company
No better or worse than the competition
Program Manager, Governance and Project Support (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 30, 2017
Not a bad company in many ways but not managing the transition from small business to large very well.
Leaving because of the contract environment and other factors, not specifically because of the company.
Government contracts
Systems Administrator - SCCM (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 14, 2017
Government contractors. You get hired on to fill a need on a government contract, mostly with the VA or DOD. Remote managers do their best to keep you informed and happy.
Need advancement opportunities
Project Coordinator, TO6 (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 11, 2017
Overall good people. typical calm relaxed day. My direct Management was good. The hardest part about my job was the commute on many days but I enjoyed my telework schedule
Technical Writer
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 2, 2017
Balanced yet competitive environment. Contract work. 40 hour work week, good workplace culture. Government contract work, project to project is con...
Great Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 17, 2017
Very friendly and talented group of people to work with in various divisions of the company. Spacious office with many perks and close to FairOaks mall.
Pros
growth opportunities
Pleased that I had the opportunity to work for this company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed my position and responsibilities while working for Technatomy. I would loved to have had the opportunity to work remote during my tenure as the commute was 52 miles each way.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
working on site
Recruit Great Candidates to fill Positions
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2017
A typical workday - More than 12 hours
What I learned - How to save tasks/contracts/jobs for people
Management - Supportive and over extended
Workplace Culture - Good
Hardest Part of Job - Trying to do all the things that were needed with limited hours....three full-time jobs and only so many hours to get everything done
Most Enjoyable part of the job: the coworkers who also cared about making a difference
Pros
The corporate office in Fairfax is a great place to work. The IT support is beyond excellent.
Cons
working so many hours to fulfill contract requirements that you work yourself to death
Good Place to work
Project Manager, VA Mobile Application Program (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 27, 2017
This is a good place to grow and learn. The company is willing to invest in the right employee. Growth is difficult and self managed. It's a good company to work for if you like to advance your career.
Pros
Great People
Nothing Negative to say about Technatomy, its staff, or management
Systems Engineer/Senior Functional Area Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Worked at Technatomy a hair shy of 3 years. Was treated fairly and received adequate an fair compensation throughout my term of employment.
Pros
Was not micro managed
Cons
Contract expired and follow on work not available in my discipline
Contractor
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 11, 2017
Employed as a contractor, and it's a little early to provide the review.
Very slow on the new contract, and overall process was not as expected, hopefully will be improved
Up and coming IT Services Company for Government
Technical Lead, Architect, .NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Hines, ILJuly 10, 2016
I really like the people at Technatomy and believe it has a chance to become a premiere provider of Government Solutions. Rough spots are Project Managers not as skilled as would expect, the red tape to get setup to develop in the Government's environment.
Pros
Nice people, company continues to grow
Cons
Project Managers a bit weak and hard to work with Government
Top notch professionals.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 30, 2015
Technatomy provides great team support, work environment, and leadership. It was my privilege to work with top notch professionals in support of Federal clients.
Pros
Responsive leadership
Productive, Engaging Environment
Senior Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 8, 2015
Technatomy is a good place to work.
Good environment - coworkers are great!
Human Resources is AWESOME!
Flexible working environment.
Pros
Creative Autonomy - Colllaborative Work Environment
No Flexibility
Controller (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 1, 2014
Financial statements, Billings, Bank recs, Audits, DCAA audit.
Rising company and making room for more to come
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 17, 2014
Enjoyed working for company but after a loss of contract nowhere else to go within company, but company is building up.
Good People, But Must Be Mobile And Proactive
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VADecember 15, 2013
Due to the lack of direction from government clients, people are continually moved around and goals continually changed. Most people are friendly, however sometimes information isn't exchanged when it could benefit all parties involved. I've learned a great deal about the job I do, however, you must plot your own course for development because management doesn't offer much in that area. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the hardest part of the job is stagnating in a position, the lack of development, and not having assigned seating.
Pros
Good people and relative independence
Cons
Lack of direction, lack of professional development, and uncertainty regarding course of projects
Not a great company to work for.
Senior Business Analyst/Lead (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, Va.December 9, 2013
Retaining employees and treating them fairly in not a priority of this company. Not a great work environment and 90% of employees currently working there are actively looking for a new job.
management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 14, 2013
My Program Manager was great. He allowed you to creative in you assignments and he brought balance where needed.
Pros
small company
Cons
didn't have new projects for employees to roll on to
In the DC area, it's below 'typical'
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 4, 2013
Living in the DC area as a contractor, we're used to hating our jobs, hating the companies, and hating everyone we work with because we're always watching our backs. Yes, you still have that with this company. However, what makes this place 'special' is that where other companies give you a workspace, this one doesn't. Everyone at the federal government client site is essentially a hobo, lugging all their belongings with them at all times. Although all new hires were led to believe we would eventually have a desk and it's being worked on, that's simply untrue. This company came onto the DC scene by excluding work environments for their employees. Can we work from home? Hell no! Why? Oh, the govvies don't like any contractors not to suffer, so we're not ever allowed to work from home. We have no printer, no scanner, no desk, no refridgerator, no phone, no microwave....nothing. Since we have no phone, you have to dial into conference calls with your cell phone. I had a fellow colleague forced to track meeting minutes by calling into conference calls using her cell phone, which she paid for out of her own pocket. When it's crunch time and a deadline is looming, you are also expected to work around the clock without overtime pay and without given any comp time. You are SALARY with this company, which means you work a ton of hours without additional compensation, or else you're out because they cannot exploit you enough to make money off of you. That's this company's business model: no professional workspaces to allow you to perform your job well--figure it out on your own! Because  more... the upper management acts like nothing's wrong (because THEY all have offices at the headquarters building) you're expected to endure it without complaint. It's like the Twilight Zone.

Benefits suck. We cannot even get on the 401k for 90 days. They only give 2 weeks vacation, which is pathetic for professionals that have been working for a number of years (they won't budge on days off). Want to take a course? Well, they won't reimburse you for any of it until you've worked for the company 2 years first. I have to pay to get to work every day via a subway system or via parking, which ends up to be approximately $12.00 per day; they don't reimburse you for ANY of it. The turnover rate is high because at maximum, people quit when they're with the company for 6 months. Often people leave long before that.

If you need a job, take it. Then keep looking for something that won't destroy your soul, if it even exists anymore.
Pros
Ability to express yourself and be seen as an individual
Cons
Basic tools to be a success at your job just aren't given to you