Technica Corporation Employee Reviews

okay place
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 12, 2017
okay place to work. good owner but not sure about the future of this company long term for employees. Its a homely place and family oriented which was good.
Nice Place BUT!!
Senior Principle Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 8, 2017
The people I work with are top notch. We work well together and get the job done in a timely. Manner. My only concern about Technica is that your job may end with no warning.
Management offers no support
Project Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2016
If you work on a contract supporting a difficult client who knows you work hard, complete tasks on time and they still give you grief, don't expect to get support from management because they will tell you that the customer is right, the customer pays our bills so do what they tell you. I would never recommend anyone or anything to work here.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Benefits not great, hostile working environment, lack of management support
Not a very welcoming place to work
Administrative Assistant/Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 14, 2016
The contract that I was hired to work on was dissolved before I got hired. I watched people get terminated in such a tasteless way since I first got there. The hardest part of the job was knowing who I was answer to on a daily basis.
Technica
Senior Systems Engineer/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VirginiaFebruary 4, 2015
Technica won the contract that I was working on. The transition from one company to another was a smooth process. There was no lapse and time and the HR department worked with me to ensure that my benefits mirrored my last position. I enjoyed working with the Technica team while I was employed with my previous employer so to transition to the team of highly trained engineers was great.
Pros
A variety of skillsets, so your knowledge base will grow if you put forth an effort
Cons
You may moved from your job to ensure the customer and the contract are adequately supported
Small Company Minimal Upward Mobility
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VADecember 23, 2014
Technica is a smaller company with minimal upward mobility. Executive Management likes to personally manage even the smallest of projects.The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my teammates as they are very bright and are capable great things.
Technica
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Defense Information Systems AgencyMarch 24, 2014
The company is an excellent organization with many outstanding benefits. The team working for Technica is willing to reach out to those that are inexperienced in fields and mentor them.
Pros
Learning Enviroment
Cons
Distance traveled to HQ
Good Company
Process Engineer/Internal Audit & Compliance Lead (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VASeptember 30, 2013
A nice place to jumpstart your professional career as an entry level employee.
Productive and very relaxed atmosphere. Co-workers are great.
Enterprise System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 12, 2013
Productive and very relaxed atmosphere. Co-workers are great.
Technica was a place of growth
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VASeptember 10, 2012
Technica was a small place to work at with little room for growth/advancement. Overall, benefits, salary and work environment were above satisfactory. The best part was that I was able to grow in my career and as a person with knowledge and experience.

A typical day at work was hands off management which I love. I learned more telecommunications/networking experience. I definitely was given an opportunity to add skills to my resume. Management was ok. Almost as if their hands were tied as far as advancement/promotions due to the company operating on specific contracts and specific skill sets are needed to change/move between job duties. The hardest part of the job was that Technica relies heavily on certifications and time to study and take these certifications on my own was lacking due to my job duties at hand as well as my personal life being a single Dad with two kids to tend to. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. Great people and due to the size of the company everyone was a little closer to each other.
Pros
availabilty to better ones self with training, co-workers
Cons
management, room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Technica Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8