Technical Innovation Employee Reviews

It's not as bad as others are saying
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 9, 2016
I've been with TI for a few years now. I'm not in love with them, but I've worked for other A/V companies that are far worse than TI is. They pay very well, and they do give you room to grow. This is the only company that I've worked for that's all about training you. When you ask to take a class or take a few days to train they let you do so. They also pay for it. Management is a little iffy, but name a place where someone loves their boss. If you don't have any issues with your boss at least once a month, then he or she isn't doing their job. Everyday hasn't been the best, and I don't wake up thrilled to go to work, but I have good days, and I wake up thrilled to have a job. I plan on being here for the rest of my career. I work out of the Raleigh office. My co-workers are nice and it's pretty much laid back. When we get slammed, people get a little on edge, but that's anywhere you go.
Pros
Good pay, laid back, lots of paid training
Cons
Health insurance
Excellent Company with an excellent staff
Lead AV Technician, Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2016
Professionally installed, integrated, and designed large AV applications for business and military. Built custom AV racks for everything from small homes to large war rooms on military bases. Worked mainly in the southeast but occasionally traveled as far as Albuquerque New Mexico. The hardest part of my job was the long hours, the most enjoyable part was building the skills for a career that I am extremely passionate about.
Good pay only
Beaten (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 21, 2015
Upper management has their heads in the clouds.
ex-manager runs the show behind upper management back.
client assistance center only cares that the client does not call back in for service.
Techs are rude to other techs/employees and all about making themselves look good at any expense.
Every idea you have will be scrutinized and usually rehashed and used for someone else's glory.
most of this is done by the x-manager but "everyone loves him" ....
No 401k match. Health benefits cut every year. Vacation time is good but turn off your phone because you will be bothered even on vacation.
If you have a choice don't work here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
More than I can say
Good
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 14, 2016
Good company to work with, further my experiences in supply with the help of my co-workers. We receive, ship, issue and pick job orders as well as download trucks and inventory.
Decent Pay but Lacks Training and Career Path
ERP Logistics / "Warehouseman" (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 25, 2013
A decent place to work as far as culture and compensation are concerned. However, it lacks a decent training program and typically hires from without, which leaves little room for advancement. No complaints about my co-workers, though, as they were fine to work with. The hardest part of the job was staying busy, and the best part of the job was talking with project managers and having the time to research the company products in my spare time.
Terrible, only look out for themselves and don't care about personal life
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 3, 2015
I worked here for 6 months and at first it was okay, just another AV company, decent pay. Their motto is that they are a relaxed, cool, understanding company. That is all fluff though, when push comes to shove they will never go to bat for you. They look out for themselves and when something personal comes up or if you have an issue to take care of they will not understand. They will mark you down and put you on a probation. They have awful contracts and all they care about is their customers and couldn't care less about their employees. Worked long hours with no thank yous and worked night and weekends and nobody could care less. If I could give them a zero star for everything I would. I was a lead tech and did so much hard work and long hours and completed many contracts with them and they just tossed you aside like it is nothing. It's honestly an embarrassment of a company and I wish you all not to look into this job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bad hours, horrible management, bad employees
Technical Innovation
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 21, 2012
Field Service and Bench Repair.
I learned alot about different manufacture products.
Management is good but demanding with little training.
Coworkers were nice and friendly.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with technology.
Travel was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
do not match 401k
poorly managed
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlFebruary 8, 2013
Long hours with mediocre benefits along with poor upper management and pay
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
benifits, salary, managment
Culture primarily exclusive not inclusive, preferential bias toward select staff, lacking in leadership, clear vision
Lead Generation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 12, 2013
extensive prepatory research regarding potential applications for advanced visual technology within target companies, identify primary C-level and/or senior IT staff, obtain contact info, call, engage & qualify interest level, set up new record in leads db and send notification to Regional Director (2) and Acct. Mgr. Handle all RFI requests & follow up. I learned more about certain industries such as healthcare, oil & gas and electric cooperatives - which I found most interesting. Despite the size of the home office staff there was a high degree of isolation in the performance of my duties, minimal collaboration, support and encouragement.
Derived satisfaction from identifying multiple key contacts, engaging and presenting the value proposition to them.
Pros
good measure of autonomy re: methodology to achieve results
Cons
little training, acute lack of teamwork, no advancement options, pervasive favoritism, lack of appreciation/respect & necessary tools
Emerging
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2014
The TI Experience is one of emergence, since the division of CSS has not been fully operable on this measure for only a few years. The development within is still forming, and such demands can be fluid while the challenges continue to grow.
Pros
Will grow your skills.
Cons
Some but not alot of guidance along the way with the demands.
Good job but bad management
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 7, 2012
The company itself is a good company but they tolerate things that should not be - incompetence and laziness.

2.8