TECHNICAL SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

good fun
technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 14, 2015
each day was fun got to learn alot of different things, hard getting used to knew products that would come out and learn them onsite
A fantastic job for College students
technician (Current Employee) –  N Dartmouth, MANovember 4, 2015
I loved my time at technical services, but I am moving on to bigger and better things in my career. I enjoyed my time living and learning with all my coworkers and I wish them nothing but the best moving forward.
Pros
Staff is around the same age, great work environment
Cons
Limited hours
business had lots of potential. To many family members in mamagement which caused decline in business due to lack of proffesionalism.
Outside Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  Crowley,LaFebruary 3, 2015
Day Started any where from 4am to 7am five to six days a week.On call every other weekend 24hrs a day.The parts and pieces of the oil field equipment were interesting as far as their function in the process.Management was non cohesive.My co workers were good people some were family members which caused friction.The on call weekends and nightly calls to all hours.The people in the industry that i met.
Pros
meeting interesting people from all over the united states and the world.
Cons
no health care no insurance no benifits.
Transformational Leadership
Project Manager - Production - Tv Director (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoDecember 30, 2014
This dynamic has helped me contributed to develop opportunities in the different organizational cultures, with which I have worked. That experience is what has allowed me to be efficient in the different projects in an innovative way.
Pros
flexitime
Cons
variable income
Good Job
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2014
Great managment team. A lot of advancement opportunities. Great moral among coworkers. Unfortunately when hired the department was restructuring and qualified employees were tuff to come by.
CUSTOMER SERVICES REP (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 1, 2014
Great people to work with, learned a lot about printing and manufacturing.
Pros
x
Cons
x
Fun place to work, super nice sutomers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2014
Customers would bring in electronics for repair. I would log in the units, assigned technician based on customer complaint and collected bench fee. Called customers with repair estimates. Upon approval, I ordered all necessary parts for repair. Call customer when complete. I was promoted to Office Manager which included paying all shop bills (utilities, parts accounts, taxes etc...). Received all incoming shipments from units for repair as well as part orders. Pulled parts for repair orders. Payroll. Reports necessary for accountant.
Pros
customer!!!
Cons
customers!!! some get a little irritated when a repair to a lengthy period of time.
Hard working library
Library Courier Technician (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KansasJune 17, 2014
We have an extremely diverse patron base at the Leavenworth Public Library. My job as a courier tech in the Tech Services Dept is a very demanding, time management intense job. I love it. I work from 7am to 3:30 pm, and I am busy from the moment I come in to work to the time I leave. Management and my co-workers are professional, but still have a good time (not sticks in the mud). The hardest part of my job is letting some tasks wait until tomorrow, for I like to get absolutely everything done the same day. The best part of my job is helping people, receiving their items that they've been waiting for and making their day.
Pros
diverse, loyal patron base.
Cons
manpower turnover rate
every day i
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRMarch 4, 2014
Pick up work orders and work on them on the field. make report at the end of the day of which orders were done.
Productive workplace.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXNovember 5, 2013
TMC is a good place to work. Friendly folks and working in a hospital is rewarding.
Great place to work. Great management. Great boss.
ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  TNJune 24, 2013
I wired industrial, commercial and residential buildings. I worked here simultaneously while working for Mitchell electric during a slow economic downturn. They both were low on hours. I eventually found work elsewhere that was more steady. But it was a great place to work, as was Mitchell Electric.
Pros
i really liked working for them. good learning experience
Cons
they ran out of work. they are now out of business.
Challenging and demanding career
Technical Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIApril 29, 2013
This career provides the opportunity to make autonomous decisions and take charge of tasks and responsibilities. My co-workers are dedicated and intelligent and working with them is the most enjoyable part of my job.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, INApril 8, 2013
Learned how to read blueprints and build wire harnesses for motorcycles and boats...
the co-workers were great
the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with
Pros
free lunch on fridays...
Cons
was only part time
Fast paced place to work with great co-workers
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNJanuary 28, 2013
I loved my job. I had a lot of training in different areas and worked on many different tasks. The co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not a lot of positive feedback, pay is not competitive and raises are not desirable
Most Enjoyable Part
Area Service Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 8, 2013
My most enjoyable part of my job is tackling problem issues and finding a resolution for all involved. I deal with many internal and external customers and gathering up all the necessary resources to arrive at a viable solution to a complex issue is rewarding. This also ensure maximum customer satisfaction for internal and external players.
A great place to work and live.
Industrial Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WiJanuary 1, 2013
I Thourghly enjoyed working with shop floor and designers to manage new products to be released into production. The time-line was always something that needed to be reduced and improved on.
Pros
working with teams across the company
Cons
finding engineering support for all areas.
Hardworking, intelligent and a pleasure to be around
Sweep Technician (Former Employee) –  UNITED STATESDecember 18, 2012
I have just completed the mechatronics program at bridgestone/motlow campus in smyrna ,tn. I am interested in a maintenance technician position .
It was very good working with the company and workers.
Assembler -Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MNDecember 5, 2012
Very good company to work with and co-workers very friendly.
Pros
30 minutes lunch break
A fair job to work for. Just not a relibable job .
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  TNOctober 28, 2012
I work anywhere from 8-12 hour days. I have worked with my employer for approximately 4 yrs as a coworker and now as my boss.
Pros
enjoy the various job opportunities
Cons
no vacation, no health insurance, no retirement plans, travel time can vary from 30 min to 1 hr, no gas reimbursement while hauling company tools and supplies.
Great people to work with.Work really well as team.
Service calls, Invoice payments. (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake VA.October 9, 2012
Start my day at 8:00. start off with what needs to be done that day. Everyday I do invoice payments.and take service calls from our customers. I add and check all time card sheets and check them with all the invoices handed in for the week.Code all the charges card that are used to the right account, check in parts and return parts when needed.The hardest part about the job is learning about all the different equipment that is needed and staying on top of the equipment changes,
Pros
christmas bonus, summer bonus
Cons
health care