TECHNICAL SERVICES Employee Reviews

good place to work
Planner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2017
the people were wonderful and each day was a learning experience
I got this job at Bausch and Lomb after I was downsized from three other departments when Bausch & Lomb purchased the business from Storz Instruments. I had to leave by medical retirement after being off for a year after having bilateral hip replacements.
Pros
Great company and great people
Cons
I had to leave because of health. Very far from home
good place to work, but don't expect good pay or a way to move up
Automated Machinery Electrician (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAMarch 22, 2017
It is what it is. You get paid decent, but not what you deserve, and you can basically come and go as you please as long as you get your work done. bad benefits. practically no oversight. where will the company be in 5 years? exactly were it is, and so will you.
Pros
friendly people. relaxed work schedule.
Cons
bad pay and benefits. no way to move up.
Principal Chemist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
As a principal Chemist in Technical Services my responsibility was to support our customers, our sales reps and our distributors throughout USA, Latin America and the Caribbean. I was responsible for the Food Industry and maintenance chemicals. Maintained the required documentation for Food Safety, the USDA required literature, performed on-site safety inspections, wrote HACCP food safety documents to comply with USDA requirement, Performed on-site food safety and sanitation inspections for customers, recommended product to improve sanitation procedures. Wrote FSMA documents for our sanitation products. Presented sales documents to our distributors in support of their sales efforts. Answered field questions, via phones, email and/or inquires during site visits.
Pros
Great interactive position, working with international and out field sales representatives.
Cons
Limitted job mobility within the department.
Positive work enviorment
PC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aguada, PRFebruary 9, 2017
Good company sad to see it close, It was a positive work environment. i loved the people i worked for. customers were great the job was rewarding. compensation was adequate
Always something to do to keep busy.
Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 12, 2016
Plenty of work for as long as the contractual assignment lasted. Great company to work for. This company gives great incentives. You can advance up in this company soon. This job really care about there employees.
Pros
Bonus for job well done.
Cons
No benefits or health insurance.
Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 25, 2016
Professional and always about the business. Treat employees with higestest upmost respect. They are very conscious about the well being and health and fitness of their employees.
Pros
Great learing experience
Cons
nothing
Ok place to work.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 6, 2016
Sheboygan Paint is an ok place to work. 8 hour day, 5 days a week is normal. Conservitive management that is very resitant to change. Leadership is in transition.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
not griwong, not modernizing.
good fun
technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 14, 2015
each day was fun got to learn alot of different things, hard getting used to knew products that would come out and learn them onsite
A fantastic job for College students
technician (Current Employee) –  N Dartmouth, MANovember 4, 2015
I loved my time at technical services, but I am moving on to bigger and better things in my career. I enjoyed my time living and learning with all my coworkers and I wish them nothing but the best moving forward.
Pros
Staff is around the same age, great work environment
Cons
Limited hours
business had lots of potential. To many family members in mamagement which caused decline in business due to lack of proffesionalism.
Outside Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  Crowley,LaFebruary 3, 2015
Day Started any where from 4am to 7am five to six days a week.On call every other weekend 24hrs a day.The parts and pieces of the oil field equipment were interesting as far as their function in the process.Management was non cohesive.My co workers were good people some were family members which caused friction.The on call weekends and nightly calls to all hours.The people in the industry that i met.
Pros
Meeting interesting people from all over the United States and the world.
Cons
No health care no insurance no benifits.
Transformational Leadership
Project Manager - Production - Tv Director (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoDecember 30, 2014
This dynamic has helped me contributed to develop opportunities in the different organizational cultures, with which I have worked. That experience is what has allowed me to be efficient in the different projects in an innovative way.
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Variable income
Good Job
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2014
Great managment team. A lot of advancement opportunities. Great moral among coworkers. Unfortunately when hired the department was restructuring and qualified employees were tuff to come by.
CUSTOMER SERVICES REP (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 1, 2014
Great people to work with, learned a lot about printing and manufacturing.
Pros
x
Cons
x
Fun place to work, super nice sutomers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2014
Customers would bring in electronics for repair. I would log in the units, assigned technician based on customer complaint and collected bench fee. Called customers with repair estimates. Upon approval, I ordered all necessary parts for repair. Call customer when complete. I was promoted to Office Manager which included paying all shop bills (utilities, parts accounts, taxes etc...). Received all incoming shipments from units for repair as well as part orders. Pulled parts for repair orders. Payroll. Reports necessary for accountant.
Pros
Customer!!!
Cons
Customers!!! Some get a little irritated when a repair to a lengthy period of time.
Hard working library
Library Courier Technician (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KansasJune 17, 2014
We have an extremely diverse patron base at the Leavenworth Public Library. My job as a courier tech in the Tech Services Dept is a very demanding, time management intense job. I love it. I work from 7am to 3:30 pm, and I am busy from the moment I come in to work to the time I leave. Management and my co-workers are professional, but still have a good time (not sticks in the mud). The hardest part of my job is letting some tasks wait until tomorrow, for I like to get absolutely everything done the same day. The best part of my job is helping people, receiving their items that they've been waiting for and making their day.
Pros
Diverse, loyal patron base.
Cons
Manpower turnover rate
every day i
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRMarch 4, 2014
Pick up work orders and work on them on the field. make report at the end of the day of which orders were done.
Productive workplace.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXNovember 5, 2013
TMC is a good place to work. Friendly folks and working in a hospital is rewarding.
Great place to work. Great management. Great boss.
ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  TNJune 24, 2013
I wired industrial, commercial and residential buildings. I worked here simultaneously while working for Mitchell electric during a slow economic downturn. They both were low on hours. I eventually found work elsewhere that was more steady. But it was a great place to work, as was Mitchell Electric.
Pros
I really liked working for them. good learning experience
Cons
They ran out of work. They are now out of business.
Challenging and demanding career
Technical Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIApril 29, 2013
This career provides the opportunity to make autonomous decisions and take charge of tasks and responsibilities. My co-workers are dedicated and intelligent and working with them is the most enjoyable part of my job.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, INApril 8, 2013
Learned how to read blueprints and build wire harnesses for motorcycles and boats...
the co-workers were great
the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with
Pros
free lunch on fridays...
Cons
was only part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TECHNICAL SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

TECHNICAL SERVICES Reviews by Location