Technicolor

Technicolor Employer Reviews

Ok to work for
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2015
This company is an ok company to work for. There are some things that need to be handled on a different demeanor, The hardest part of the job is being micro managed and not being able to do your job without somebody looking over your shoulder.
Great place to work and fun atmosphere.
Client Services Representative (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJanuary 15, 2015
I learned a lot working at Technicolor. Started in shipping and worked my way up into the main office. Became close with many of my co-workers and management was very helpful.
Team effort employed by all employees to meet company goals
Team Lead - Line Assembly (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: picnic's, appreciation lunches, etc.
Cons: n/a
Depending on the season or time of year, you can feel swamped with work or struggling to make what you have to do last a full shift.

Most important, to be able to work efficiently and safely at a fast pace with excellence.

I enjoyed the people and being part of the team.
Productive and Advancement
Machine Operator/ lead (Current Employee), Memphis,Tn 38116January 9, 2015
Working at Technicolor is like working with family you have some crazy moment and some good ones. Sometimes you will cry and sometimes you will laugh but at the end of the day its just a job and you will be very happy to go home.
ok
packing,moving boxes (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 9, 2015
it was fun..in I had a great time working there. I also met a lot of new people. staff was great. I learn a lot of working there.
Productive and Exciting
Team Member (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2015
It was a fun job to work at. Quick pace, great employers and employees.
Productive and fun workplace
stock (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 5, 2015
fun, fast work pace, with friendly co-workers. All areas we're very clean, team leaders and supervisors we're very respectful, and all equipments we're simple to operate.
Productive work environment
Line leader (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short breaks
Productive and well structured environment. Workers worked at a fast pace completing difficult task. The job was challenging at times, but I was still able to succeed and complete all tasks in a timely manner.
When it is break time, when we can sit and talk.
Lead Forklift Operator, StaffMark (Current Employee), Memphis,TnDecember 31, 2014
Pros: a good work environment.
Cons: not knowing your work schedule.
A typical day at work for me, is to start pull order for I will not miss the dead line to complete today's order. I have learned how to ship order out, and learn how the do the paper work and computer data as well. My co-workers and management,we all get along good and work good together to get the job at hand done. The hardest part of my job is looking for a product in the physical location and in the computer system and can't find it,that make me have to back order. The most enjoyable part of the job, is when we hit own goal for day or that week.
Great learning experience
North America Inventory Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: no health benefits for contract workers
Great learning experience management is very helpful in training. Coworkers are not very helpful in fact some coworkers will try to destoy your reputation in order to make themselves look better.
i love working with people cause i work at retirement home before
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2014
my typical day at work is working with the eldery for 4 years is good i get to teach them things and they teach me wat i need to succeed in life. ive learn to respect and help the elderly when i see one need help even when im off work i still help people. my co workers was the best in the world wouldnt trade them for nothing,the hardest part of the job was pushing the food carts to the building but it was ok my enjoyable was my lunch break ill sit down and talk tothe elderly.
Productive and great place to hone in your skills
Project Manager -DVD (Former Employee), Burbank, CADecember 16, 2014
A typical day at Technicolor is problem solving. While employed at Technicolor, I was a project manager for DVD. Everyday was getting issues sent to me that required me to give direction or find what the answer is to the issue. The biggest take away from Technicolor is problem solving. It is a great place to learn in the entertainment industry. Management here is very hands off. I can ask a question once in a while but for the most part it was a sink or swim place. The most support I got was from my co-workers. The hardest part was the high demands of the client. It was fast and constant in terms of needs.The most enjoyable part were my co-workers.
It's ok
Inventory Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2014
It's can be a good place to work if you are in the right department. There's a lot of rework which cause you to have to do the same thing over and over. You only get one break in an 8 hour day and you are on your feet all the time.
outside tables for lunch
packaging,sorting,scanning (Former Employee), Livionia,MIDecember 9, 2014
I really liked it they were stricted but they closed. we got to learn about production and have our freedom at the same time.
Technicolor
Vault Clerk (Current Employee), Hollywood, CADecember 2, 2014
Working at Technicolor has been an enjoyable experience and I have learned a lot about the post-production world. There are so many steps that go into making a film or television show that I was unaware of. Everyone at Technicolor is extremely nice, friendly and helpful and it is a wonderful place to work.
Great Place with Great People
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Technicolor is a friendly and fun place to work, with ample opportunity to progress and learn. Technicolor works with distribution of digital and 35mm cinema, releasing to theaters, celebrities, and studios world wide.
Day to day in this job is always expecting the unexpected and being able to work under pressure, in high stress situations.
use of problem solving and team work is utilized in ensuring that the customer is left both delighted, and satisfied (problem free)
the work done by our Customer Service representatives includes Billing, taking payments, crediting accounts, and sending invoices bi-weekly and statements monthly. Computer knowledge, it is very pertinent that you have prior experience with programs such as Microsoft excel, outlook, etc. Call outs, Out bound calls are made daily and range from high profile, to content confirmations. Inbound calls, accepting calls to ensure the call volume stay down and theaters make their first show.
Productive and fun workplace.
Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2014
Maker sure co-workers follow daily outline and productivity reports for each line.
If they were still state-side, I'd still be with them
Exec Asst/Office Admin/HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, CONovember 17, 2014
I worked for Technicolor/Hallmark Channel for over 15 years. This was an amazing place to work. Management was awesome, co-workers were the best I've ever worked with. The hardest part was saying good-bye after everybody was laid off, as the company moved overseas. I'm still in touch with several I worked with and always will be.
The job had nice people.
Scheduler, Select Staffing (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2014
It was okay the people working there were fun to be around. The typical day at work would be scanning boxes.
this was a seasonal job
Custom Tier, Picker, Packer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 7, 2014
Pros: sometimes there would be a period of waiting on orders, products had to meet a certain deadline, finishing up orders from the shift earlier, and finishing the workload for the current shift, keep you area neat and clean at all times, teamwork was a must
Cons: two fifteen minute breaks was offered and a thirty minute lunch in a eight hour shift, unless mandatory overtime was in effect.
This was a hands on job that required a lot of standing for the duration of the shift, with training of what was required of the job. It was a basically stand still job of hand making of boxes, inserts and placing DVDs into those inserts and placed in hand made built cubes on a line for packaging and shipment. I also did some scanning and weighing of pre packaged items to be finished packaged with bubble wrap and a detailed invoice of the items to be sent, some of those packages were international shipments that had to be labeled as well. I also did some scanning of barcodes of waves to locate different DVDs in different locations of the warehouse or was given a specific location to finds those products. A typical day at the warehouse was quite a learning experience and was not to demanding and the supervisors was good at their jobs of training. I can say that these jobs that I had encountered was not a hard task at all, quite easy, but the downfall of it all was the standing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Technicolor

Technicolor is engaged in the development of broadcasting technologies. It supplies production, postproduction and distribution – Read more