Technicolor Employee Reviews

Repetitive layoffs
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAFebruary 19, 2017
The company keeps restructuring. I was laid off 3 months after being hired. The technology license was strategically abandoned by the CEO. The poor performance of the company put the employees' future at risks.
Old School
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2017
It's not a typical High Tech company. Management style is old but fairly political. All they care about is cost, they don't focus on work efficiency at all.
Bad work environment (supervisors not professional and show favor to those who been there the longest)
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Holmes Rd (Speed building)February 17, 2017
Company doesn't care anything about there employees
They work you 7days a week and don't care if u productive or working at your best...the supervisor show favor to the ones they have worked with the longest and it no opportunity to move up or have any growth in this company....
Pros
Work is not hard
Cons
1 short 30 min lunch even if u work 10 to 12 hours....
Technicolor
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2017
It is an okay place to work. It has it's ups and downs. The best part about the job is the different cultures you run across. And another part is that it is easy work.
Cons
short breaks
Loved working there.
Power Industrial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 15, 2017
What I like most were the people, lots of good people to work with. Generally good management that cares for the teams. The health benefits are pretty good.
Over all good place to work
Senior Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Technicolor is a pretty good place to work. I was there as a temp. but they did keep me on for 6+ years. That being the down side. They didn't hire me permanent in the 6+ years. But the majority of Techs workers are temps. Most of the managers are great and really care about their workers.
Pros
great boss
Cons
didn't get hired, didn't receive a raise while working as temp.
Fast pace environment, with heavy work load
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at work was individual packing of equipment and products. The work pace was very fast pace in a friendly environment.
Pros
long lunch and employee positive reinforcements
Cons
we were not guaranteed work
no growth
Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2017
used mostly temps, no benefits , steadily declining amount of full-time workers. no growth to amount to anything with in the company. also you never now the amount of hours you will get
Weak
wharehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2017
I drove forklifts and only got paid 9 a hour the hours are long people are rude management suck and if your not their first you got to wait to see if you can work no cell phones allowed its like prison when you walk in their get stripped search before you leave then the line be so long it takes 30 min to get out the breaks are short and you do not get paid for lunch
Productive workplace
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 3, 2017
Worked the RF Scanner Gun, also used personal radios. Conducted inventory and verified locations for New products upon arrival
Production Engineering Supervisor
Production Engineering Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38127February 1, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Very diverse group with pride in their work. (when it was located in Va.) Management was a good group to work with and open minded for the most part. Days were long but, time between shifts was excellent. I would still be a part of the company if they had remained in Va.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2017
Productive And Have Great Benefits. And They Always Help You When You Lease Expected. Long As You Work You Will Have A Job. Technicolor Is Very Productive & Outstanding
good job
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2017
Nice enviroment.Controlled buisness. Has a diverse culture.The best part is having a constructive and busy day, if you like to work. Hardest part is the consistent work at a fast paste.
Fairly good.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2017
The company is a little slow and more supplies ordered take their time getting there. But otherwise the general attitude is positive and my supervisor is reasonably good to me.
Pros
Postitive attitudes
Cons
Slow.
Daily Production at Workplace
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 15, 2017
Making sure you get to the company on time because of the first come and first serve are the one who gets a shift per day. Working for this company I've learned that Technicolor is a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. At Technicolor we are led by some amazing people, the management team is knowledgeable and understands their roles and responsibilities on a daily basis. The management team have an open door policy where you can talk to them about anything. While at Technicolor I've met some great people and has had an opportunity to build a rapport with my co-worker that is unbreakable. My co workers at Technicolor was like family. The hardest part about working at Technicolor was the long hours and not being able to spend time with your families as mush as you would like too. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting some amazing people that really cared about their job and being the best at it.
Pros
flexible shift hours, weekly pay, scheduled on first come first serve basis
Cons
long work hours, short breaks, and minimum wage employment
Management Do Not Care about Employees
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Olyphant, PAJanuary 15, 2017
Co-workers are great to work with.
Management do not care about there employees.
Management will change employees work hours without notice.
Jobs being cut.
worst job ever.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Management sucks. Pay sucks. Terrible hours. I hated going there to the location in Olyphant Pennsylvania. I wanted to throw up every time I pulled into the parking lot. Do not work in the olyphant pa location.
Pros
punching out at end of shift
Cons
Alright people to work around
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 9, 2017
Go to the job and sort dvd's and cd's on a assembly line with all type of nice people that love to work.. not making it to work on time you get turned around. I enjoy working with good hard working people
Pros
Cons
had a few breaks perfect time
It sucks you work everyday with no benifits at all...
Acaustic handler in dvd molding (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 9, 2017
Try to find something better. This is a job for someone that doesn't need a permanent income just a check here and there I didn't like working here.
Enjoyed working there my co workers i worked with
Bulk Picker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 5, 2017
CO workers were great to work with, however, supervisor in the area I worked in made a huge deal if you were 1 minute late, and didn't believe any reason was a good reason to call out. Also some of the team leads treated you as if you were below them and could speak disrespectful to you.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Did not like how supervisors spoke to myself or other co workers. No respect from supervisors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Technicolor. Our community is ready to answer.