Technip Employee Reviews in United States

Great Money... No benefits working through a contractor for Technip..
Automatic Welding Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Theodore, ALApril 5, 2016
Great money, but the benefits are slim to none working for Talascend (contractor through Technip).The Technip management and people are good to work with and around. It would be a great company to work for if there was a benefit package offered.
An excellent company in a contracting market.
Engineerr (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Technip is the best company for which I have worked in my three decades of experience.

Technip treats employees as valuable assets. It is truly a team.

It is unfortunate that the offshore oilfield engineering business is still rapidly contracting. It is not economically feasible to maintain the current engineering capacity. Otherwise, I would never leave.
Pros
Excellent salary, schedule, management, overall team.
Cons
The business is contracting.
A great opportunity to professional advance
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
A had the opportunity to develop my skills in finite elements analysis (ANSYS). The group leader was extremely knowable and i had a lot of responsability in an important project, which was patented.

The co-worker were all very professional and team work was great.
Pros
professional challenges
Cons
Salary
Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Compensation is great, but don't expect to move up. When work is coming in you will be busy. When there is no work, there is no hesitation to let you go.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
No sense of community
Very good learning experience
Management of Projects (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2015
This company promotes people within the company. Technip has a great supply of benefits that is very difficult to match, probably because of the size of the company. Other suppliers are interested to do business with.
Pros
Employees support
Cons
Some management difficulties
Enjoyable place to work without interference.
Principal Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2016
Have enjoyed my time at Technip they however seem to have a great deal of difficulty obtaining new work but at the present time with the collapse in oil prices all companies are having the same problem so it makes it difficult to judge.
They also tend to send far to much work to the so called HVE centers which makes it very difficult for parents to suggest a future in Engineering to our Children since it is an industry with no future. I find it difficult to see what is going through the minds of the management of most Companies since they are being very short sighted since if you remove many of the careers we all depend on, the profit margins that they seek will no longer be available because they have removed them from the Western World and the present G20 countries therefore their profit margins will not be attainable.
Pros
Good and professional place to work.
Cons
To much work to the (HIGH VALUE ENGINEERING CENTERS)???
Very good company and good work environment.
Senior Recruitment Officer (Current Employee) –  QAMarch 6, 2016
The day don't have work load.
I have learn to work in time of company is not having projects and trying to cost reduction, management skills and help to employee in difficult situation.
Management is very good and allow to grow the career opportunity.
My coworkers are very friendly and work as team player.
Filling a position on shutdown projects, as short term job in limited time limit.
offer negotiation is enjoyable part of job.
Good company, corporate system
commercial specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
Fantastic benefits, location, and amenities at the Houston offices. The company definitely favors certain employees and fast tracks them through the system. Non engineers will get lost and unable to advance without befriending or being related to upper management. Pay is good and the 9/80 schedule makes work/life balance very flexible.
Scheduler - Work (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to work if you're interested in a good work/life balance. Every other Friday off helps tremendously as well as the generous PTO for new hires. I can't speak for all of Technip but in my division we are all very close nit and work well with each other and have fun doing what we are here to do. In my 12 years since entering the workforce (After college) and my third oil and gas company, it ranks as my favorite place to have worked so far.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
health care coverage changed for the worse
Overall, it's a good company
Project Quality Manager- Subsea Division (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
A typical day starts with many meetings and end of the day, you always stay behind because of the work loads.

You learn a lot from the highly qualified people who works at this location.

Management is pretty bias and workload is not evenly distributed among the group.

Most of the co-workers are pretty good and really professional which is the best I have seen.

The hardest part is to keep up with the pace of the workload which is challenged and driven by the clients and pressure is always on.

The most enjoyable part is again, working with the different group of people who are really professional that makes your day.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Too much expectations and the management don't even recognize

Want to know more about Technip?

Ask a question
Great Benefits
Tendering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at Technip for the benefits. Especially their personal health initiatives.
I performed as the Tendering Coordinator for the Genesis Division of the company. The work was interesting with strict deadlines that had to be adhered.
Unfortunately, there was no real communication from the Home Office in France, until the decision to cut 6,000 jobs. I suppose it is the "nature of the beast" in the oil and gas industry.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Can be stressful enviroment.
Amazing
SENIOR HEAT TRACING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 11, 2015
Technip is a World-Class Engineering and Oil Field Services company. Top Notch employee benefits. Professional working atmosphere and extremely well organized.
Foster Wheeler
Direct hire Sr. Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
During the time I was with Foster Wheeler I enjoyed my working there good people to work with good boss.
Before leaving they were going through changes different department head was a bit different.
After leaving they merged with another company and went through a lot more changes so now it is a different company from when I first went to work there.
Pros
Good location flex hours
Cons
Merged with another company and went through mager changes
Good company
Senior Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2016
Technip is a good company. It is being hit by the economic downfall of the O&G industry. I enjoyed the 10 years I worked at the company. If the industry picks up, I have been told I could return to the company as an employee. Technip is working on being the Leader in Health, Safety, Environment and Security. They have tools to make this happen. They are highly regarded in the industry and a leader in the field of O&G.
One of Houston's best engineering companies
Project Engineer, Subsea Installation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2015
A very steep learning curve is what a fresher would expect. Company hires a lot of interns and sometime retains the good ones. You can expect to grow with the company. Lot of opportunities to go offshore and develop leadership skills. With the job comes a great compensation package, involvement of the employees in various activities, great job culture and facilities like on-site gym, zumba, kickboxing classes etc.
previous employer
Lead Mechanic- Shift (Former Employee) –  Carlyss, LAAugust 31, 2015
great place to work. excellent benefits and great pay. only left because they had to sell all barges. would work there again if i could.
it is good place to work
Welding Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2016
overall it is good workplace as long as the work is there to be done but as usual the oil price market effect this place as nature of business like all the other industries.
Pros
sometimes free lunches, good safety systems
Cons
oil and gas company; easily effected by crude oil prices
Technip is a good EPC company
Human Resources Recruiter and Administration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
Technip was a good company to work for, it because better once I moved to the project controls department and worked under better management. The learning curve was steep but enjoyable.
Pros
World class EPC company
Cons
EPC companies have a habit of laying people off during downturns
Average Day
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Technip was a great company to work for but the IT department management deteriorated through the years. Politics of the department lead to not being able to further advance within the department.
Great company in the E&C arena
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAMarch 29, 2016
Very good organization to work for. Good office culture, seem to understand what is important in engineering projects. Unfortunately in a difficult business climate right now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Technip. Our community is ready to answer.