Technip Employee Reviews

Constant Growth Changes
Testing & Qualification Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2017
Hired on in boom times and for the last three years its been head count reduction after reduction. No salary increases or advancement opportunities at the moment. Moral has suffered and is currently pretty low. The company culture is not what it used to be.
Large company with good opportunities for growth
Subsea Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2017
Technip is a solid large company with good procedures and some opportunities for growth. PTO is limited and benefits could be better. Overall a decent place to work.
productive
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX.November 6, 2017
productive oil and gas environment fast paced high energy need to be focused every minute. Challenging opportunity if you enjoy a fast paced team based orientation
Not productive at this time.
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
Due to lack of work, business is slow and downsizing with staff has been developing. The oil and gas industry has had a downward slope for a few years now and business has not been picking up. Honestly, it's a bad time to be in the oil and gas industry. I'm sure business will pick up in the near future.
Good place to work, great colleagues
Senior Offshore/Onshore Cost Controller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
Great colleagues, but there is a lack of upward mobility, especially after the recent merger with FMC. Large gaps in primary FMC legacy mangement over Technip Subsea installation projects, which can not conform to a manufacturing management style. There is great potential for it to work, but the current style of multi layers of mid mangement and conflicting approaches is a weakness.
Pros
great office, decent benefits
Cons
pay not on scale with the current market conditions
very fast paced
World Wide Safety Administrator / HSES Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
I find it a very fast paced company, sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and they have to many chiefs not enough Indians.
Pros
Pto, 401K, Benefits
Cons
long hours and not enough communication on projects
Baloanced work place
Senior Project Planner, Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
A balanced work place with a an attitude of successful relationships with the customer.
worked on many project teams, always had full support from HR and company management
Pros
Modern facilities
Very Good Company
Project Manager Engineering (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2017
Technip is a professional company, where employees are treated with respect. Professional improvement chances are provided.
All employees work to achieve client's satisfaction delivering a complete project package.
It's easy to work with cadres of hierarchy.
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
affected by Oil and Gas industry cycles
Very Computer orientated
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
If you have average computer skills, this is not the place to look at.

Most procurement .actions revolve around a structured environment. If you want to display your skills other in data processing, this is not the place to work.
Pros
well balancr work environment.
Cons
very structured.
Challenging Work Place
Senior Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
People at Technip are very friendly. Projects present new challenges everyday. I had an opportunity to learn many new aspects related to being a lead, project management, client management, and project politics. The hardest part of the job was being to keep up with the quick pace of the project while ensuring engineering activities were completed on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to achieve project goals and work with hard working group trying to reach the same goal.
Pros
Company will challenge you and give you opportunities not always given at other work places.
Cons
Management will not always be on your side.
Excellent professional team
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2017
Very good team work with an excellent management to reach the goals and satisfaction for doing a good job. Although this was a huge and stressful project, the result was a satisfied client which brings satisfaction to the whole team.
Platform Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2017
Plenty of people to answer questions and teach you about the job and duties at hand. Some very intelligent engineers and supervisors. Follow safety rules and stay alert!
Stressful but fulfilling
Operations Specialist-Subsea (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
Technip was a great place to work, but now with the merger with FMC it has evolved into a cut-throat atmosphere. This is mainly due to all the lay-offs. Management merely tells us that we are all at risk. I enjoy being busy but harmonious at the same time. I really did enjoy that my project managers gave me the autonomy to work unsupervised and make decisions that would impact each project. I have had a great time working at Technip but I know that there is really no advancement due to the merger and now having 3 managers for 1 department.
Pros
Great manager and experiences
Cons
Atmosphere changed for the worse
Great place to work. Management was great
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
I begin my work day by checking my emails and inbox Respond to emails and phone messages. Processed incoming and outgoing documents generated by Company and Contractors
good support system
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2017
a typical day was spent reviewing work products of others, reviewing and approving project forms, learned project management, hardest part dealing with procedures, most enjoyable people
Pros
different job opportunities
Cons
not enough projet work
Great Company/ Minimal advancement opportunity
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I have worked at TechnipFMC for approximately 5 1/2 years. The company offers a great work/ life balance and offers many extras to its employees. Discount programs, award programs, diverse group organizations, and charity events. The medical insurance in my opinion is not as good as other companies I have worked for. It is a HSA and there are high deductibles to be met, and no option for a co-pay. My overall experience has been very positive. Where the company seems to be failing is with employee retention. There have not been significant layoffs on the scale that most other Oil and Gas Companies have experienced. However, there is not a clear path for career advancement. It has been several years since there has been raises given, and there is not much in the way of job opportunities. Current employees are looking for positions with other companies for better pay.
Pros
Amenities, work environment at the new campus, company core values
Cons
advancement opportunities, salary increases, health insurance
Managers
Valve Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Some Shop Leads can do more than what they do. Less bossing around, and more doing themselves, to an extent. Mangers need trust and need to know how to manage there time better
Pros
you know that they have the 55 hours a week
Cons
no cross training, and no pay with more you know
Great Place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
I would go back if I could. The benefits were wonderful and there is a wellness clinic in the building. There's also a gym in every building. This company is a family company as well.
Bad Office Culture
Analyst- Records/Document Control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Not a great place to work...... always have to watch your back. Everyone was cut-throat. Management was unfriendly. Horrible morale in my group. Everyone was very unhappy. We always worried about our job...would today be our day.
Technip is Great company but no job security
Project Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I worked hard in company. Lot of learn from the people, We experienced team. Technip has job security issue. Lot to learn in technip. Nice people and nice culture !! I was laid off even after great experience and hardworking.

Management is lack of vision for keeping core people
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Job security