Technip Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for; very diverse culture
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2015
Initially started out as a Sr. Technical Recruiter and then promoted to HR Business Partner.

Becoming an HR Business Partner

Management was great. Ability to work independently and managers were very supportive.

Co workers were great

Lack of feedback from managers

The people and culture
Pros
On site medical clinic, gym, sauna, multiple classes: Crossfit, Zumba, Yogu
Cons
No Cons
productive
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAJune 16, 2015
A day at work is simple, I only work for 2 hours and all I do is keep offices nice and clean for the employers. My duties are the kitchen, taking out trash, dusting, wiping coffee marks on the desks, wipe down the microwave and vacuuming.
Pros
2 hours
Cons
no benefits
proactive environment
Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2015
Technip has a proactive environment that pushes you to excel in what you are doing, also, it gives you the chance to learn more in your field of expertise
Diverse
Executive Assistant/IT Procurement (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 3, 2015
Made efforts to hire people with many backgrounds and skills-they strived for excellence and provided elearning for each employee to gather information from
Pros
9/80 work week
Cons
Poor Communication
n/a
Sr Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2015
Excellent Company to work with. outstanding team of professionals, safety point of reference worldwide. Working in Technip provided me a new point of view for new opportunities
Overall, it's a good company
Project Quality Manager- Subsea Division (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
A typical day starts with many meetings and end of the day, you always stay behind because of the work loads.

You learn a lot from the highly qualified people who works at this location.

Management is pretty bias and workload is not evenly distributed among the group.

Most of the co-workers are pretty good and really professional which is the best I have seen.

The hardest part is to keep up with the pace of the workload which is challenged and driven by the clients and pressure is always on.

The most enjoyable part is again, working with the different group of people who are really professional that makes your day.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Too much expectations and the management don't even recognize
Overtime
Tig Welder on subsea components (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
Welding Super Duplex
You get lots of experience
There is overtime available
the upping of the environment is good
x-Ray
One of Houston's best engineering companies
Project Engineer, Subsea Installation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2015
A very steep learning curve is what a fresher would expect. Company hires a lot of interns and sometime retains the good ones. You can expect to grow with the company. Lot of opportunities to go offshore and develop leadership skills. With the job comes a great compensation package, involvement of the employees in various activities, great job culture and facilities like on-site gym, zumba, kickboxing classes etc.
The mother Company for me
Technip staff (Former Employee) –  EgyptApril 23, 2015
Technip is considered the mother Company for me as it is and still the main school for me where I gained most of my experiences in the field of security.
Productive job
Senior Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work
Learn more about computer skills, equipment design
learning new softwares
Friendly co-workers
Interesting works, friends, company..
Productive and fun place to work
Structural Engineer Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2015
I enjoyed my years with Technip. When things slowed down they keep me on overhead for a long time. They gave me a very nice severance package when I was laid off.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
None that I can think of.
Producttive and relaxed.
Automated Systems Manager, Subsea Business Unit (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
• Develop new technology as it relates to GMA welding techniques for Subsurface pipe unions on S-Lay type or spool type installations. Technology has been developed for automated systems with minimal welding personnel.
Pros
good pay w/ good benefits
Cons
lack of commitment to our mission
Good place to work in that have flexible work culture with improving your skills
Web Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2015
Working for portal in a company like Technip was a big accomplishment in itself. My position during the internship was of Web Developer Intern which involved designing an intranet portal in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 as a basic framework while using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript as frontend languages.The major element here was Microsoft SharePoint, an application platform to develop intranet portals, document & file management, collaboration, websites, etc. which was a big opportunity for me to learn it and take one step forward in area of Web Development.
I had one of the most cordial co-workers who always motivated me to achieve my goals.
The internship was enjoyable overall.
ok company
Tig welder on Subsea Components (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
is and ok company but moving on to better things.. good benefits ok people to work with... enjoy it but chasing my dream now
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
supervision
Fast paced and multiple tasking duties
Purchasing Specialist - Diving / Facility Ops (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAMarch 3, 2015
This was a good place to work...I was able to work independently and get to know a lot of good people. I have learned a lot about the offshore industry and diving project jobs that were associated with the oil and gas customers.
Cons
communication
Technip USA Review
Graduate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Technip is a large EPC company in Houston, TX. They are very committed to their employees and offer fair compensation. Mentorship programs are in place; however, they can sometimes jump to conclusions when evaluating their talent. This can put entry level employees in an awkward place that may have a negative effect on them for years. It is important to sit down and understand where each employees talents and where they see themselves going with their life.
Pros
training programs
Cons
psychological confinement
Sure learned a lot
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxFebruary 11, 2015
Fifteen years and multiple positions make it difficult to review in this context. I worked anywhere from a direct report to the original CFO to IT implementations overseas, to working as a Sr Cost Analyst.
Pros
people
Cons
personnel turnover
very good
Sr. Instrument Designer (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Very Productive and knowledgeable instrument group. Employees are easy and fun to work with. This company is just a little far from my place and quite heavy traffic in the freeway. Final though I will still work for this company when they get enough job.
Pros
learned more about oil and gas
Cons
long drive.
One stop shop for Oil and Gas Industry
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Energy Corridor, Houston, Tx.January 12, 2015
Technip is a one stop shop for oil and gas industry so there are many opportunities for different kinds of work. There is someone at Technip from every facet of the industry so all your help comes from within. Lots of opportunity to learn and for advancement.
Pros
work environment, benefits, work schedule, lots of opportunity for advancement
good place to work
Commercial Diver/ Tender (Current Employee) –  Carlyss, LANovember 15, 2014
Good place to work, good pay, nice vessels, knowledgeable staff. I would recommend it