Technip

Technip United States Employee Reviews

Professional Company
Senior Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
I enjoyed working at Technip. They are excellent at training and have procedures in place to put everyone in the know. Salaries, however, are below local averages.
Demanding role, High standards and lead by example
Offshore HSE Coordinator/HSE Medic (Current Employee), OffshoreSeptember 7, 2014
Very disciplined role, High standard expectaion, Lead by example
Poor Management
Senior Graphic Designer/3D Illustrator (Former Employee), KatySeptember 4, 2014
Pros: long drive
Cons: xx
Senior Graphic Designer/3D Illustrator
Work with the Marketing, Safety and Organization Development Department, in the creation of brochures, leaflet’s, Ads, Posters, presentations and trade shows using Adobe Suite, Power Point and also AutoCAD to create illustrations
pay was good but they screwed us when they laided us off
Mechanic (Former Employee), carlyss laAugust 27, 2014
Work wasn't bad we worked 60&30 in Mexico until they decided to lay everybody off with out no notice that sucked
Company with Good Benefits
3D CAD Piping Design (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2014
With the current extreme workload you become a small forgotten cog in the huge corporate machine. The results of the aforementioned does not allow for career growth
NOT TOO MUCH FLEXIBLE AND OPPORTUNITY
Flexible Design Engineer (Current Employee), HOUSTONAugust 5, 2014
NO CHANCE TO GROW AND RELOCATION

WORK ARE NOT APPRICIATED

MANAGEMENT ARE MESS

PEOPLE ARE TOO AGGRESSIVE
Always developing new technologies for the offshore construction industry
Automated Systems Manager, Subsea Business Unit (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
Evaluate accomplishments from prior day, esrablish daily goals.
Place production into motion to accomplish goals set, HSE first in mind.
Not a fun place at all if you're a contractor!
Information Technology Group (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work week
Cons: everything else
I hate having to write this but In the beginning it seemed like a good place but as time went on it became the type of place where I dreaded having to get up and go in. Micro-management is daily and from what I've learned there is total favoritism. Contractors are treated like 2nd class citizens. The pay is good though as a contractor and that's the only reason I'm still here but I am looking daily for a new job.
Good experience with average working load
Flexible Pipe Design Engineer (Former Employee), HoustonJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good name good experience
Cons: conservative manegment
9 /80 working hours
Rarely stay after overtimes
somehow flexible timing
great facility
All kinds of opportunities available
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 12, 2014
The work was fun and exciting. They had wise mentors always ready to help and give advice. The hardest part of this job was leaving!
Manufacture pipe for the Oil and Gas Industry
Safety Technician (Current Employee), Theodore, ALMay 21, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: no time for a personal life
I have the best co-workers a person could ask for. Our management team is amazing. The hardest part of my job is having no life because we work 7 days a week, but the people I work with are like my family. The most enjoyable part of my day is when all my guys go home in one piece to their wives, children, and parents.
Technip was my favorite employer
Project Accountant (Former Employee), HoustonMay 13, 2014
Pros: flexible scheuduling; great benefits; professional work environment
Cons: project-based, so there is always the chance of not having a place to work.
I only have good things to say about Technip: The benefits are outstanding; the work environment was superior to any other I have seen; the schedule was flexible; the workload was constant, and as long as your project was funded, you had a solid place to work.

That being said, I was RIF'd from Technip because my project could no longer justify having a Project Accountant, and my "home department" did not have a place for me.

I enjoyed going to work everyday, and the annual review process ensured that if you were not on the career path you wanted, there were structures in place to help you get to where you wanted to be.
A great job
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 26, 2014
Pros: per diem pay
Cons: 18 month contract
Most enjoyable, however when project neared completion, so did my job.
Good company; lots of opportunities
Project Controls Analyst (Former Employee), Claremont, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: compensation and work environment
Cons: using older scheduling software at the time
Technip is an international oil & gas engineering firm.

As the lead scheduler for the Air Products (APSI) projects, set up and maintained schedules for the five projects. Responsibilities included: interfacing with the client and the project teams; developing and updating the schedules; and preparing reports for internal management and the client.
As project scheduler for the Suncor Voyaguer Project, interfaced with the client and the project team, progressed the schedule every other week, and assisted in the preparation of reports for internal management and the client. As Lead Scheduler on the project, responsible for the overall maintenance of the schedule and ensuring documents were submitted to the client.
Workers are great. Management shows little appreciation or concern.
Heavy Equipment/Crane Operator/Pipeline Leaderman (Current Employee), Carlyss, LAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers, work environment
Cons: job security, advancement
Facility maintenance (grading roads, cutting grass,etc.) and loading and offloading of trucks and vessels occur on a daily basis. Learned the value of communication, teamwork, troubleshooting, onshore and offshore pipeline operations, inspection and maintenance of various equipment and procedures, and the importance of Safety. Management takes care of workers and co-workers work well together as a team. Hardest part of job is always on call, but not compensated for it. Most enjoyable part of the job is who I work with and taking pride in the wo
Productive work place
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Flexible job environment, great people to work with, awesome benefits.

Option to switch into different segments such as subsea, onshore, and offshore business units.
Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets, industry leader in pipeline installation
Cons: you have to network to get anything here.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry. The company is present in different areas i.e. Subsea, Offshore and Onshore. The company employs 38,000 people and is present in 48 countries.
n/a
crewing coordinator (Current Employee), katy,txFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
. my work day startes at 7:30 am till 5:30 or 6 PM

.management are realy helpful
Technip is a wonderful company to work for.
Operations & Environmental Supervisor (Current Employee), Carlyss, LAJanuary 20, 2014
Technip provides employee empowerment and advancement opportunities.
Great Place to work
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Technip is a very large company that is well know in its industry and strives for excellence in customer satisfaction.

About Technip

High-tech Technip USA, an American subsidiary of French engineering and construction giant Technip, provides engineering and construction – Read more

Technip Salaries