TechniPower Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Technipower
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 18, 2017
Very friendly and very good business atmosphere. Easy to conduct sales and easy to work with management. The people were professional and the synergy in the company was top notch
Good atmosphere to work in
Electronic Technician III (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 5, 2017
Company was purchased by unipower and many layoffs occurred. Then they dissolved the business.
Unipower was located in a different state and mostly had work done from overseas.
n/a
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2016
A great temp company to work for, this company helped me find a great job doing CAD Drawings.
My recruiter was a very nice person.
great place to work
Structural Drafter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working their. Great group of people, very friendly and very knowledgeable.
The management is very helpful and encouraging.
Not a bad company to contract with if you desperately need short term work
Contract Mechanical Design Engineer/ Drafter (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMay 26, 2016
TechniPower (TP) had been trying to snatch me up for months, and offered me a generous hourly rate with per diem, before I finally caved in and accepted the offer. They gave me another month to finish my current permanent position and relocate 400 miles (or 3 hours closer to my house). IMPORTANT: You must provide your own health care coverage for the initial 3 months, which was a fiasco in itself trying to drop Marketplace BCBS Silver insurance coverage after only 10 weeks. After 3 months of work at TP client's plant, I was eligible for TP's BCBS of GA health insurance, plus paid holidays. Those parts were all good, though I never took advantage of the health insurance the whole time. All reports of my performance and reviews were positive, according to both sides of management (TP & Client)

Unfortunately, after 7.5 months, the client started running dry on work flow. And my initial 6 month lease on a small apartment nearby was now month-to-month, and it was time for me to move to a more permanent residence near the job. I pressed management on both sides about whether I'd be safe to consider myself permanent. Weeks went by, and I had to meet landlord deadlines so I signed another short term lease for a nearby home and started moving again. Three days later the client informed me my contract is terminated. Though they used typical "canned" excuses to cover their "assets", real reason was lack of incoming projects, due to sales team medical issues, slowing economy, time of year, etc.

TP has since not found any engineering work near either of my homes, so here I sit with
  more... no income or job prospects, renting a house, while my own house an hour away is rented to others.  less
Pros
Generous Pay & per diem, Patience with relocation
Cons
Traded a permanent job for a Temp-perm job that never went perm, No next assignment unless I move again, Do-it-yourself healthcare insurance, HR is barely knowledgeable about health insurance
Great Company/Great People
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rosewell, GAJanuary 27, 2016
TechniPower has amazing leadership and co-workers. Sales people do great here.Day to day is always different. You have to be able to pick up the phone and make a lot calls everyday and get comfortable with hearing clients decline services but networking and researching the best clients will land you get great business. The hardest part is getting through the training curve but after that you can be as successful as you want to be.
Pros
Great friendly people
Great job but didnt lead to FT
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Georgia, USAJune 29, 2015
God agency to work for but has low tech when it comes to payroll. You have to fill out a sheet and submit weekly. I would work for them again
Pros
money
Cons
tech
contract work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2015
Typical contract work. The agency fills a temporary position and collects their profits but has no interest in the next assignment.
Assigned to MAC Medical in Belleville, IL
Contract Sr. Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Assigned to their client in Belleville, ILMay 3, 2015
I am a contract senior technical writer working for TechniPower and assigned to a manufacturer of medical equipment. Lack of communication and support between management and employees. There was no guidelines given for type of technical content to be written and no style guide to follow.
Pros
Office close to home - 4.1 miles
Cons
Lack of communication between employees and management
The lead technical writer and editor was very knowledgeable.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Communication deliverables focused on localized products for global markets, so a business decision was made to turn over technical writing and editing to translators.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Very long commute.
Very challenging at times but everyone did their part
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 15, 2013
Each day I would check to see if work orders were ready to be keyed in. In between keying in work orders, I would key in inventory transactions. When it was needed, I helped in the accounting dept. I keyed in payables and I worked on the timecards every day. The most enjoyable part of the day was entering work for the accounting dept. My co workers helped me if I became burdened with too much work. I learned how to do a WIP on a spreadsheet.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Contractor
Product Development / Machinist (Former Employee) –  Danbury CTAugust 29, 2012
I was an offsite contractor. We were working with them on a solar panel stand. We only ventured to the company for assembly.
Good company
HVAC/Piping Contractor (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 25, 2012
Good company to work for. Not very forward thinking. Employee input is taken with a grain of salt. Ownership has a tight reign on what they care about hearing and what they don't care about.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
old school mentality