We are a young tech start-up company building an innovative social shopping engine & community. Our product helps millions of users around the world find, discover, and share information about products. Some of the challenges are highly algorithmic, such as coming up with ways to crawl, organize, and categorize the information effectively so that users can efficiently find what they need; others are very technical, such as working to make a web application that is complex while still being very fast; and many of the challenges are in product design, such as figuring out a way to set up and grow a healthy community and constructing intuitive interfaces for users. Our company is based in beautiful Miami, FL and is well funded.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- The number of years of professional experience you have isn't as important to us as what you have actually done
- You should be ready to make this startup the primary focus of your life
- You are passionate about building products for a global audience.
- Operate as a member of our agile development team
- Pair program with other top notch rails engineers, developing across the full stack of functionality from database to front end.
- Build full stack automation tests to ensure that the shipped product is as solid and reliable.
- Rails Ecosystem (Grails, Groovy, Scala, Erlang—nice to have)
- Familiarity with cloud based deployments
- Database experience
In the short run, the most important thing is to release our next version of the product, and so it is critical that you can immediately make big contributions to our complex web-based application. In addition to working with us in writing the software, the ideal candidate should be proficient outside the technical realm--making good product decisions, providing our design team with ideas in designing user interfaces that are both pretty and functional, being an effective marketer and recruiter of other team members, and being capable of handling anything else that comes up. Your role on this company will be more of a "co-founder role" and not a simple Engineering role, so you should also be fearless and broad inside the technical realm.
You will be required to make good decisions about important things without much oversight. You should be comfortable with autonomy and ownership of large areas of product and infrastructure. It's a plus if you have worked on projects in your spare time, such as programming games in middle school or high school. An ideal candidate will have the potential to grow into a strong leadership role over time--in either a technical or management capacity (i.e. eventually the equivalent of a Google Fellow or a V.P.)
Benefits beyond the salary:
- Multi-cultural work environment, work and meet people from around the world.
- Attractive Stock Options packages
- Agile team. Get things done faster.
- Free Lunch and Dinner
- and much more...
We think we are working on something that is very important and that lots of people will use every day. If you're interested, Apply here: https://podio.com/webforms/3206161/244537
Keywords: ROR, Ruby, Rails, Software Engineer