Technology Credit Union Employee Reviews

fun department
Special Assets Portfolio Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 20, 2016
fun place to work but does not keep up with the economy for their employees and now we have to pay 20% for HMO with Kaiser out of our pocket and our monthly premiums increased. .
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
bad health benefits and coffee issues
Great place to start and grow your career
Wholesale Mortgage Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 9, 2016
Great place to start and grow your career. Local, community focused company with the best interest of the members and employees at hand.
Pros
Excellent Vacation
Don't Have High Expectations!
Anonymous employee (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 15, 2015
TechCU sounds great on paper, decent pay (not great), "good benefits", personal/work life balance, "open door" policies, not for profit as credit unions claim to be and more!

The experience at TechCU is much different. They set very high expectations to hit high sales goal monthly and yearly! They go back and fourth on converting to a bank, so they can enforce and justify these goals to its employees! However, even as a credit union they enforce these goals on you!

They are changing the models and the set ups in the branches... They expect the branches to run on three people, and got rid of teller lines so we could focus more on sales! What about customer service and member interaction? Also, with three people you are basically expected to be in the branches at all times for 2 people must be there!

The "open door" policy is completely fabricated! There is a serious lack of communication between upper management And its front line staff! They claim they want to hear front lines ideas and complaints because we are with the members all day.. But does anything change... rarely!

Unless you are one of corporates favorites... There really isn't a sense of job security! There's a lot of drama that goes on and it's petty and not worth your time!
Pros
Basically if you have a job in the back office, Techcu is a great company to work for!
Cons
High Turnover rate, positions currently open are frontline staff, favoritism, lack of communication
productive
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great company to work for.
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2014
Great company to work for I had moved so I quit. I would love to work for the company again . I have moved back to area and would accept another position..
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
No job opening.
Good job, really good benefits
Financial Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 28, 2014
The office was small and trying to branch out into a new community, however, there wasn't a lot of foot traffic. I enjoyed working in the larger branches and headquarters buildings as there was more to do. The only downside to working in the busier offices was hours of commute traffic. The medical benefits and vacation pay was great, but it was difficult to get the time off with such a small staff and little to no coverage. Our office was 1-2 hours commute from the other branches and it was hard to find anyone willing to make the drive.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough busy work
productive and fun
Real Estate Loss Mitigation (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 17, 2013
Great people to work with Positive atmosphere
Great co-workers
Pros
gym
Cons
location
started out better then it ended
Senior Financial Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  san joseOctober 30, 2013
Before the new CEO came along things were going well. The company started going down hill after she came aboard.
Pros
not much good to say
Cons
poor upper management
Productive, Fun work place, and great place to work
Real Estate Service Specialist & Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 17, 2013
I still miss it.It was a great place to work and grow. You can advance in your career at Technology Credit Union.
Pros
Everything was a plus
Cons
variety of things to do, friendly corporate environment, advancement opportunities
Member Development Officer - Corporate Level (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA July 25, 2013
I enjoyed being the Member Development Officer in the corporate offices. I wouldn't have ever left but had a family emergency - caretaker situation.

They taught me to to process HELOC's, Mtg, Consumer Loans, aside of what they actually hired me for originally. I appreciated that.
Pros
hours, appreciated, advancement, support system, dynamic culture
Cons
None in my opinion
Some good benefits/Bad Management not a healthy environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  2010 North First StreetJuly 11, 2013
I do not recommend this job to any one I have worked at other Credit Unions in the past and this one takes the cake! Call center Managers are the worse you can not trust them, there is no leader and do not support the employees in the call-center. There is no room to grow and a lot of favoritism the Managers have no management skills, incompetent!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, no room to grow, no support
Company is Good
Member Contact Center Specialist  (Former Employee) –  San JoseMay 30, 2013
The company itself it great, Management however (contact center) is terrible. unless you Look a certain way, or are willing to brown nose, you will not do well. In order to make it there, you will need to be accepted by the Contact Center Management. Good Luck
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Managers T Dunn And S. H. C
make daily calls to delinquet loans
Loan Adjustor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 18, 2013
pace myself calling on past due loans, assist members as need with excellent customer service and problem solving.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
benefits are not good
Well-managed organization with excellent senior management
Vice President, Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 5, 2012
Unique credit union not afraid to implement ground-breaking technology and products.
great place to work
Call Center Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 30, 2012
I learned how to grow within this company through hard work and dedication
Pros
free soda
Cons
management was bias
Primarily focused on customer service and sales.
Financial Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View & Campbell branchesMarch 3, 2012
Company extends credit union memberships not only to employees of high tech member companies but also to residents of these counties: Santa Clara , Santa Cruz, San Mateo Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. This credit union offers competitive benefit package.
Pros
company is member focused.

Technology Credit Union Reviews by Location