Ruby on Rails Developer
When you join this company, you are making a commitment to be part of something cool – even contagious (in the best possible way). We take a “work hard, play hard” approach to serving our customers. You can even hang out in the game room on breaks and play pool, ping pong and video games. Breakfast is provided every day (and lunch on Fridays)! Our culture is energizing and engaging, but don’t just take our word for it. We are one of the Best Places to Work as awarded by the Arizona Business Journal. Our environment is innovative and creative. Our products and services are leaders in their markets of technology, communication and internet services that solve real problems for small and medium size enterprises. We are one of the fastest rising companies in Arizona and are looking for talented, fun, success-driven people to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Ruby on Rails Developer will be responsible for:
- Working with our Rails development team to design, architect, code, implement and support our Release 1.0.
- Helping to transition the application in-house for future development of subsequent releases.
- Developing object-oriented Ruby on Rails & front-end development for both .com and corporate sites.
- Collaborating with product managers and UI designers to develop innovative, market-leading and break-out subscriber experiences.
- Providing collaboration and mentoring of junior team members.
- Proficient building modern web applications with Ruby on Rails 3
- Rails (preferred), experience with other modern MVC frameworks (e.g. Django, Zend)
- Working knowledge of an rdbms and writing SQL queries
- Cloud experience with Heroku and/or Amazon Web Services
- Proven track record of developing high-value, high-quality, user-facing solutions.
- Proficiency in unit and functional testing
- Test Driven Development and pair programming experience is a plus
- Working experience with git is a plus
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Work well in teams and respect and welcome ideas from partners, business stakeholders,
and technical experts
- A solid understanding of web design principles and best use of current web technologies and scalable dynamic user interfaces
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Knowledge of internationalization techniques for the web
Helpful Experience (Not required, but desired)
- Experience with the XMPP protocol
- Experience with Erlang
- Experience building asynchronous real-time web applications
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (e.g. Backbone.js)
- Mobile Experience or interest in mobile development for iOS, Android, and Blackberry