Seeking a part-time trainer to be placed onsite at a client location. Duties include:
1) becoming thoroughly familiar with all components of the client's web-based application;
2) effectively teaching that material to the client's employees/agents in scheduled
classroom-style training sessions;
3) developing and presenting material on supplemental topics;
4) performing an initial “intake” procedure for new agents -- following an established
procedure for configuring various accounts/components related to the client’s web-based
application, and effectively communicating to the end-user the overall scope of the web-based
5) assessing current workflows and practices and suggest innovative and more-efficient
6) performing light-duty technical support tasks, such as adding a new user to the network,
or adding printer drivers, etc.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
1) the ability to communicate effectively and patiently with users with varying levels of
2) the ability to present the training material clearly for the target audience to understand; to
convey the importance of learning the topic at-hand; and to put into perspective each
topic as it relates to the entire corpus of the curriculum (each successive training session
builds upon the content from previous sessions);
3) above-average computer skills, including knowledge of networking, POP/IMAP account
setup; domain registration and DNS zone files; posting on Craig’s List;
4) Active Directory and system administration experience are a plus;
5) familiarity with the residential real estate industry is a plus;
6) an outgoing personality, and a friendly and helpful disposition a must.
The current engagement is for two, four-hour shifts per week in a fixed schedule, with an
additional two hours per week allotted as prep time for learning the material to be presented.