TechTarget Employee Reviews

Standard Office Job
Sr. Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 1, 2017
Standard office job, communication is minimal between employees. Workplace culture is relaxed but wouldn't consider it fun. Work/Life balance is the best part about the company.
Relaxed work environment with low pay/little upside
Qualified Sales Opportunity Manager (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 24, 2017
This is a good job for recent graduates, but the pay is criminally low and there's little room for growth after being there for years. There are good people working there, but they're overworked and the direction of the company seems to be changing every year.
Pros
free snacks/drinks
Cons
low pay
TechTarget
INTERACTIVE DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 26, 2017
Don't do it. Was once a great and fun place to work. Felt like they were running around trying to figure out who the were my last few months there. Never understood how they went from a publisher to a software company.
Pros
clean bathrooms, parking
Cons
slow and no work to do
Event Planner, Operations (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 6, 2017
Little training or on-boarding. High expectations with very little guidance. When looking or asking for help, very little time is made for the employee.
I haven't worked here in a long time...
Associate Trends Editor (Former Employee) –  CAMay 6, 2017
I have not worked here in more than 9 years, so I don't think it would be fair to provide a review of the company. When I worked there, it was a very intense environment with lots of talented hardworking people on staff.
Great work experience that has heightened many skills for future oppourtunities
Delegate Recruitment Associate (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 27, 2017
A typical day would include conducting 125-150 outbound calls to drive in high quality attendees for events, telequal and sales qualified opportunity campaigns. From these calls I would interview our member base to gather purchase intent data to qualify top leads to our sales team and to drive marketing research by collecting insight on technology trends, vendor performance, and market share. Communicate to clients through "SalesForce.com" (CRM) and other recruitment tools while delivering professional customer service skills and developing close relationships for new business opportunities.

Here I have learned many new things. Conducting over 600+ calls a week has given me exceptional phone skills. Also, having to meet weekly quotas has enhanced my negotiation and sales skills tremendously. My most enjoyable part of working at TechTarget would be the people and the free coffee.
TechTarget
Delegate Recruitment Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Good place to work out of college. You make a lot of phone calls (150 minimum a day). Not going to lie, it's pretty easy and tedious work. The managers were ok. The job is nothing special and wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for serious employment.
Great team, compensation lacking
Campaign Manager, Demand & ITDA (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 18, 2016
I've been privileged to have spent my time at TechTarget working with a fantastic group of people, being managed by skilled leaders, who have all been flexible with my frequent travels.
Really, the downsides of this job have been a lack of adequate compensation, and internal teams that don't always recognize when you're working your butt off
Overall, a decent workplace
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 23, 2016
Overall, a decent workplace. Co-workers are nice, benefits are great, CEO is excellent. It can be frustrating at times and certain new members of management have created somewhat of a toxic environment. But before then, it was truly a great place that I enjoyed coming into everyday.
Excellent culture and managers
Senior Writer (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 28, 2016
The company has a friendly but competitive culture. Managers give you room to grow for career advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers.
Conference Leader (Management) (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 11, 2016
Terrific Management and team dynamics. Office is lively, fun, exciting and rewarding of hard work. Happy to have worked there and continue to remain a shareholder.
Pros
Culture. Feel apart of something. Not just another face behind a desk.
Cons
Advancement in particular departments is limitied
Collaborative, Exciting, Innovative
Client Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2015
I was honored to work for this company for over 4 years and through several promotions. Overall it was a great learning experience and I had the pleasure of working with some of the most talented and motivated people out there.
Good environment
Marketing Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 13, 2015
very enjoyable atmosphere, good learning experience, great management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Productive and fun place to work
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 15, 2015
Great place to gain experience. The salary is on the low end, but they hire college grads and help mold them into real people. It was a great experience for me and so many others that I saw. If you're dedicated and love the business, there's room for growth,
TechTarget is a great company to work for.
PowerPoint Designer (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 27, 2015
There is a good balance of productive purpose-driven meetings and time spent at your desk producing.
You are encouraged to contribute. Nobody is just a pair of hands.You are a part of a team.
Management focuses on the things that are strategically important and makes sure that their teams and people get what they need to be successful.
Coworkers are helpful and encouraging.
The company organizational structure is more horizontal than vertical. Which is great. As a part of the creative design group, fostering a visual and verbal continuity across the organization can prove challenging.
Most enjoyable are the people. Even if there is different approaches and opinions, the work is great.
Pros
Free Wednesday bagels, everyone carries their laptop to meetings.
Cons
They are frugal when buying software, etc.
Productive environment that treats employees like adults
Editor (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 27, 2015
Values employees and their ideas
Encourages and rewards hard work
Flex time and telecommuting options
Management keeps employees informed
Good place to work that fosters creativity
Multimedia Producer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2014
TechTarget has been a wonderful experience for me. As a creative, it's really important to be able to feel comfortable coming up with ideas, sharing them and seeing them put through from start to finish. TechTarget allowed for that. They gave me the support and budget I needed to create good content for vendors.
Good place to start your career
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 27, 2014
extremely low pay but good for smart, hardworking people to move up fast
Pros
awesome people
Cons
low pay
It's ok
Operations (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 18, 2014
Sales oriented atmosphere. Flexible hours. Very low pay. Young environment.
Senior CRM Marketing Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 17, 2013
I learned a lot. Good business model and good people. I honed my craft at this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TechTarget. Our community is ready to answer.

TechTarget Reviews by Location