TechUSA Employee Reviews

Good Starting point
Professional IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 12, 2017
Cold calling, not too interested or challenging. I would recommend for someone trying to move to a new city or getting a job to make enough money to live on your own.
good company
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2017
If you hustle, it can really be a lucrative company to work for. They have a good process in place to ensure success if you have the drive. All in all, they are a great company to work for if you fit in.
Pros
money making potential
Cons
lots of hours and some positions to be filled are unfillable, but they still expect you to work and fill.
Minneapolis, Do not trust anything you are told.
Skilled trades (Former Employee) –  Minnesota Lake, MNApril 23, 2017
Get everything in writing. They will change pay and per diem from what you are promised verbally. Do not trust them at all. You have been warned. Take heed.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest
joke
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  NJOctober 27, 2016
They sent me on a job interview. I arrived on time,
was sent to wrong building. When I got to right building I was given a test and filled out job application.
Then I was again told I was @ wrong building again.
Got in my car and once again went back to original building. Once there I waited 15 minutes for a unprofessional supervisor to half interview me.
He was very rude. He didn't introduce his self.
Broke English. Hard to understand. Once the interview
was over he wanted me to go back to the second building again and wait for the manager. I could not do
that because I had to get to work at my regular job.

Besides, that TechUsa told me the job was for a Line
Leader. The supervisor said the job was for a Line
worker paying not $ 18 that I was told by Tech but
$14 and job was not permanent as told by Tech.

These guys bugged me for days just to make sure I
was going to make the interview, just to get the run
around. These people @ Tech are a joke!!
Don't buy into the hype!!
Pros
Cons
liars
Tech USA Emailed Me a Fake Job Description
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 5, 2016
An agent responded by email to my Indeed.com job posting about a "remote Ruby on Rails opportunity". When I asked for more details the agent's emailed response provided no info about the purported client, but included a description form taken from Toptal.com, without even the suggested inserts filled in.

Seems like there was no job, but that they were fishing for warm bodies.
Good Company
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2015
They are a good company with which to contract. Good recruiters who are driven to find work relationships beneficial to both parties.
Not Bad
Electro-mechanical Technician - QualTech NP (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 25, 2015
Not too bad. They are always open for communication. Always there to answer questions.
Didnt work here long enough....
CABLE TECHINICAN (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Short term/Temp....Didn't work with this company long before I found a new job.
great company
General Laborer/ Construction (in a Solar Field) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2014
I enjoyed working here it was easy to get hired•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Love the traveling
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMay 31, 2014
A typical day at work, lots of traveling
What you learned, how to install and update networking systems for cable companies.
Management, go people to work for.
Your co-workers, great bunch of people.
The hardest part of the job, I did not find the job to be difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job, the people and traveling.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Non for me.
Great internship
IT Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 2, 2014
I worked at TechUSA as an IT Recruiting Intern, and was a member of a four person team. The employees there worked well with one another, and had no problem sitting down explaining processes or difficulties I encountered. It was a great experience that allowed me to further my communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
Contract To Hire
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 7, 2013
I was a Contractor for this position. I worked with a team that was all part of the company I was contracted to work for. After the contract was over, I was offered a continuation but chose not to continue.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Healthcare or benefits
over all from employee
manager (Current Employee) –  chicagoSeptember 29, 2013
Tech USA has a great base and can be great if they were not trying to be Aetoteck. Some management thinks Aerotec is so great. Just because half of upper management comes from there does not mean u must run like them. Have you ever heard of being your person/company. Chicago manager is so ADD and not knowledge at all. He will tell u one thing next min its something else or will ask you again with an hour. He is very unethical and thinks he is God,he did state he can fire anyone he likes. So Susan Warner and Tom Howell I would think about your Chicago manager. All he is doing is giving you smoke. Why there is an EEOC out on him and your company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
inexperienced recruiters that do what their managers tell them no breaks plus much high rates
Inexperienced staff with high turnover
Optical tester (Former Employee) –  Travel USAAugust 27, 2013
I have worked with them several times throughout the years, the recruiters and managers never stick around for long and once you get hired in you are pretty much on your own. They try to hire you in at a lower rate than the competition but they always pay on time and never heard of any issues. I would rate them as average and they could do a better job seeing you stay working or a heads up when the project is ending.
Self interest at its best
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MAOctober 1, 2012
Lots of promises. Fake interest but each employee is a means to get ahead. Labor laws are broken constantly.
Pros
nothing to speak of
Cons
bad people. bad management. fake.
Unethical TechUSA
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 18, 2012
Do not contract for this company. They will not pay you for hours worked. If a client dismisses their services, they will get angry and not compensate for hours worked. I worked for 17 hours and the client refused to pay, only paying for 6 hours and TechUSA notified me talking about the client only agreed to pay for 6 hours. I don't have anything to do with your client - I am on your payroll not the client!! And another thing, they will bug you to no end while you are on the assignment-calling constantly non stop. You can barely do your work.

Do not work for them - they will not pay you if your assignments ends early.
Cons
unethical
Testinig for Quality Assurance of Fiber Optic and Cat5/6
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDAugust 27, 2012
Benefited the time spent of testing the cable and fiber optic. Working with others was very good and educational. The days were long on the feet but when the day was finished you felt you have made head way and accomplishments. The co- was workers were great to get along with as a TEAM and to relax. I feel the hardest part was the end of the day, stopping and taking off my boots...
Pros
all positive
Cons
14 hour day long on the feet...
Great Contracting Company!!
SONET/DWDM Telecommunications Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  All across the USAugust 16, 2012
The Baltimore team helped me every step of the way to get a position with a very large telecommunications company. Not only did they get all of the details over to me for each job, they made sure I had the necessary tools to get the job done. In telecom, their are countless contracting companies and Tech USA is the one I would recommend most... especially to tcom professionals in the optical field!!!
Pros
legitimately care for your well-being, pay is great, great team and opportunities with clients!
unethical - techusa will do anything it takes to get their commission
Analyst (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 12, 2012
Horrible experience, the company promised health insurance benefits and never offered anything good. The recruiters will do anything to get the commission and offer not coaching to new graduates. I will never ever work with them again, if you going to contract find a better company like Veredus per example.
Pros
you can get a job if you are that desperate
Cons
unethical
TechUSA's ethics (or lack thereof) cost me a job offer
Job Candidate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2012
I had an interview with a company through TechUSA, and because some budgeting issues came up, that position was not filled. About a year later, I had an interview with that same company through another recruiting company, and it looked like a job offer was imminent.

However, TechUSA found out that I had that interview with said company, and because I had an interview set up by TechUSA previously, they called that company's hiring manager and started throwing a hissy, trying to claim that I was "their" employee and that I should not be hired by that company via another recruiting company, even though TechUSA had NO right to do this whatsoever.

The end result: The hiring manager did not want to burn his bridges with TechUSA and I did not get the job offer.

I will NEVER work with TechUSA again. They want commission, and will stoop to anything it takes to get it, even if it means costing someone desperately needing a job offer in a tough economy. There are other recruiters out there that I can work with, thank you very much.
Pros
they did call me often with job opportunities
Cons
unethical - techusa will do anything it takes to get their commission