Teco Energy Employee Reviews

Temporary and hired on call center agent
Call Center Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2017
Being a temporary agent was extremely stressful. I worked at the ybor city location. They make you work overtime. They will hire a temporary class after you and they get to get off work before you. You have to report to zero chaos . They lie and say your doctors appointments or any other important appointments are approved and they're actually not . They show favoritism, a lot of drama , and everyone talking mess about each other. The ladies in zero chaos show favoritism. Just horrible I could go on and on . I wouldn't recommend this comapny at all.
Cons
Working out doors and having a work vehicle with good A/C
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2017
A typical day as a meter reader goes as follows. Arrived at work receive you assignment for the day and head to you designated area some meters where manually inputted into the computer others had and amr device that inputted the information automatically. I also provided customer service when the homeowners needed any information.
Pros
They provided the water and a good safety Bonus.
Cons
Having to deal with climate changes and not having a restroom near by.
Trust No One
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2017
Unless you are one of the good ole boys you probably won't do well at this company. There are too many people there that have hidden agendas, and would stab you in the back to advance their own career. Now that TECO has been bought by another company I don't see any change in the attitudes there or how things are done.
Trust No One....!!!!
Wonderful Place to work
WORK COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 29, 2015
I was very busy at Teco and had a lot of responsibily, but it was a fun place to work. It was really the perfect job.
They had wonderful benefits and just a great place to work. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, I had been there 28 years so I had the most in years of service. It was stressful but at the end of the day it was always worth it.
great work place
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2015
Teco is a great company to work for. There is a lot of calls to handle within a days work but you do have to help of your team leads to help assist you through out the day.
Pros
incentives
Cons
system and calls
Apprentice lineman (Current Employee) –  tampa, flJanuary 4, 2015
Awesome company but not so good for family/ job relationship.
If you like what you do, this is ideal
Trader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2014
Great team dynamics, job security as long as you work hard. That's all she wrote.
Homogeneous Enviroment
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2014
Everyone there is middle-aged, white, mostly male, home schooling, god fearing, and live out in Polk county. The only diversity are in the lower skilled positions in the call center.
Pros
Paid hours.
Cons
Homogeneous Enviroment
Do what they say, and not what they do.
Skilled labor (Former Employee) –  T&DFebruary 21, 2014
This company is not what they claim to be. There is no ethics at all in this company, its a cut throat, back-stabbing, good ole' boy kinda company, and if your not in the click then you out!!
My advise as to going to work there..." TRUST NO ONE!!!!!"
Pros
Has the potential to be a good company to work for
Cons
Trust No One
Implementation Support.
SAP FICO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2013
Assisted in designing SAP FI/CO organization structure
• Maintained accounts and defined procedures for GR/IR clearing, over and under payments settlement, and credit card clearing. Defined a set of rules for the LIV process. Set up GR/IR adjustment account for regrouping and closing activities
• Defined the GL accounts for MM and set up the integration between FI and MM through Automatic Account Assignment
• Responsible for the configuration of Line Item Layouts, G/L Account Master Records, Tolerance Groups, Document Types. Worked on data migration to upload G/L accounts, Vendor master records, Customer master records from legacy to SAP
• Configured Accounts Receivable and sample ledger accounts
• Setup Automatic Payment Program, payment methods, ranking order for House Banks for company codes in Accounts Payable
• Configured and customized the Asset accounting. Configured chart of depreciation, depreciation areas, asset classes, asset class account determination, calculation keys, depreciation keys, transaction types, acquisitions, and retirement
great work place
Computer Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 15, 2013
easy going and great work place. Wish there was room for a full time position.
Pros
easy going
Cons
summer job
Stable company, Overall good culture
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 3, 2012
TECO Energy is a very good company to work for, with a culture that sincerely cares about its team members. It is a company that works hard at showing it believes in it's core values.

As a regulated business, it sometimes feels as if things move at a snails pace.

As a company which believes in promoting from within, some areas suffer from stagnant thought, and could use more outside influence.
Pros
overall good culture, lives it's values
Cons
difficultly infusing top-notch talent from outside, too slow for those who are used to a faster pace of achievement
Growing company with great values
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 30, 2012
Laid back atmosphere but with a sense of urgency. Learned that the work environment is not the same as life environment, must learn to adapt. My personal coach was great, very understanding and knowledgeable. Co-workers friendly and willing to lend a hand. Hardest part of my job was to balance all different learning skills and personalities in a training class for 8 to 10 weeks at a time while keeping to the material. Most enjoyable was meeting new people and help them work towards achieving there career goals.
Follow the rules and you will be ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlMarch 28, 2012
Great Benefits and Company..sit tight though room for advancement is gonna take a looooong time.
Pros
good insurance, company, great people to work with
Cons
no room for advancement, they demand so much for the pay you get
productive internship
BCE-student clerk/assistant (Current Employee) –  tampa flMarch 20, 2012
I really enjoyed my time with Teco Enegy and I wish I had a longer intenrship or another position in the company but things are tight right now and I will be going to school full time in the summer