Tecogen Inc. has an immediate open for a full time Refrigeration Field Service Technician. Tecogen Technicians work on our energy-efficient line of natural gas engine-driven air conditioning and cogeneration units. The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical background and preference will be given to applicants who posses one or more of following experience and skills …
- Five years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing commercial chillers
- Experience with refrigeration
- Have an EPA Refrigerant Handling Certificate.
- Trouble shooting or repairing building mechanical systems (pumps, heat exchangers, controls, etc.)
Regular responsibilities include…
- Perform monthly and quarterly preventative maintenance on air conditioning or cogeneration units.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair disabled units, including their subsystems such as controls, switchgear, engines, compressors, piping, sensors, hydronic loops and/or electrical circuits (AC & DC).
- Communicate with our customer’s maintenance staff members and engineers to explain problems and options.
All applicants must:
- Have the ability to understand and follow documented standards and procedure, including operations and maintenance manuals.
- Be proficient PC users with Microsoft Office applications, especially email and accurate data entry.
- Hold a valid driver’s license have a good driving record.
- Friendly and helpful with the strong communication skills.
- Be self-sufficient and comfortable working in various buildings.
Successful applicant will report to the Tecogen Area Supervisor. Training will be provided and Tecogen’s highly experienced support staff is always available for guidance. Field Service Technicians are provided with a company vehicle and tools. Tecogen offers a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance (75% paid by Tecogen), company matched 401k, paid vacation and holidays, overtime, tuition reimbursement, short and long-term disability and life insurance.