Tecogen, Inc., a Waltham, MA based company, has two immediate, full time, opening in its White Plains area service operation for a field service technician. Ideal candidates will have experience with engine mechanics, cogeneration units OR chillers and live in the New York City Area. Tecogen technicians work on engine driven chillers and cogeneration units which operate in many hospitals, schools and residential housing facilities in the area.
Visit the Tecogen, Inc. web site at www.tecogen.com
Applicant should be highly motivated, responsible and self-sufficient and have at least 5 years of applicable experience. Applicant must be a proficient PC user comfortable with Microsoft Office applications, email, and accurate data entry. A valid driver’s license is a prerequisite; and a residence in and around the Northern West Chester, Suffolk or Nassau County is preferred.
Knowledge and experience with refrigeration and electrical trouble shooting is a plus.
Typical duties include:
1. Commissioning of new units
2. Repair and troubleshoot disabled units, including their subsystems (controls,
switchgear, compressors, piping, and sensors) and engine
3. Interface with customer maintenance and engineering staff
4. Troubleshoot hydronic loops and electrical circuits (AC and DC)
5. Perform monthly/quarterly preventative maintenance to natural gas engines
6. Maintain Site Logs of service performed.
Successful applicant will report to the Tecogen Area Supervisor and be provided with a company vehicle and tools. Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance (75% paid by Tecogen), company matched 401k, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, short and long-term disability, overtime and life insurance.