Tecolote Research, Inc.

Tecolote Research, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee), Goleta, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No work from home options; micromanaging.
Good company, great benefits, but company needs to move into the 21st century. Numerous locations provide optimal opportunity for work from home, but management does not support this.
Best place I ever worked!
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 13, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Benefits are the best I've seen in 20 years of other companies.
Challenging and fun
Senior Analyst/Technical Lead (Current Employee), Washington Navy YardApril 19, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: promotions are few and far between.
the environment in which we work is both challenging and fun. Management provides a lot of flexibility and freedom to get the work done.
Highly regarded as one of the premiere leaders in the area of engineering estimating for the aerospace industry.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAAugust 8, 2012
There is never a typical day at work. Tasks varied from hands-on work with parametric models (SEER, ACEIT), meetings with customers and analysis of acquisition documents. In my years here the majority of my colleagues were very much team-oriented and worked well as a cohesive unit.

The interaction with other engineering organizations and government customers is where I thrive. It is critical to understand the requirements in order to produce the most realistic estimate possible. This is invaluable for successful project execution.
Great company.
Senior Cost Estimator (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 15, 2012
Pros: great in every way
Great company. Don't know long the review has to be in order to be accepted, but no amount of length will make it any better.
Very professional office with great co-worker and managers
Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAMay 7, 2012
Pros: bonus, picinics, and a lot of employee incentives.
Cons: didn't hire from within, when a new position became available.
Daily I would keep various logs updated/created. Check visitors' request information sheet. Greet all military personnel and announce their arrival. Enter various data into MS excel spreed-sheet progarm. Assista Human Resources generalist and Security Officer with various projects. I had the opportunity to learn how A company that does cost estimating for the Military is ran. My immediate managers were great to work with as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job to me is when the company was going through reorganization and my position was eliminated. I enjoyed working with such a professional group of people.
Headquarters