Tecolote Research, Inc.

Tecolote Research, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

See below
Sr. Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CASeptember 28, 2015
Contacting with the Contracts Department and the out side field offices to ensure that all jobs are available and set up correctly. Working closely with the customers to make sure that invoices are correctly submitted and will be paid on a timely basis.
I learned that communication is essential to a successful business interaction. Working closely with management is very important so that everyone agrees on the correct procedures to make the company successful.
Being a team is essential to making a productive and effective department.The hardest part of my job would be making sure that all parties are content with any discrepancies or disagreements between contracts, billings, and customers.The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing that a cordial agreement has been arrived at and any outstanding invoices/reconciliations have been met so that a job can be successfully closed.
Best place I ever worked!
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 13, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Benefits are the best I've seen in 20 years of other companies.
Na
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work involved a tremendous amount of learning.
Challenging and fun
Senior Analyst/Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy YardApril 19, 2014
the environment in which we work is both challenging and fun. Management provides a lot of flexibility and freedom to get the work done.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
promotions are few and far between.
Highly regarded as one of the premiere leaders in the area of engineering estimating for the aerospace industry.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAAugust 8, 2012
There is never a typical day at work. Tasks varied from hands-on work with parametric models (SEER, ACEIT), meetings with customers and analysis of acquisition documents. In my years here the majority of my colleagues were very much team-oriented and worked well as a cohesive unit.

The interaction with other engineering organizations and government customers is where I thrive. It is critical to understand the requirements in order to produce the most realistic estimate possible. This is invaluable for successful project execution.
Great company.
Senior Cost Estimator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 15, 2012
Great company. Don't know long the review has to be in order to be accepted, but no amount of length will make it any better.
Pros
great in every way
Very professional office with great co-worker and managers
Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 7, 2012
Daily I would keep various logs updated/created. Check visitors' request information sheet. Greet all military personnel and announce their arrival. Enter various data into MS excel spreed-sheet progarm. Assista Human Resources generalist and Security Officer with various projects. I had the opportunity to learn how A company that does cost estimating for the Military is ran. My immediate managers were great to work with as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job to me is when the company was going through reorganization and my position was eliminated. I enjoyed working with such a professional group of people.
Pros
bonus, picinics, and a lot of employee incentives.
Cons
didn't hire from within, when a new position became available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tecolote Research, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4