Ted's Montana Grill Employee Reviews

It's as if we are all a family
S A (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
Stay focused. Make sure you come in ready to work. Smile make every customer feel welcome and wanting to come back. Get your tables clean in a timely manner.
A little too laid back for a potentially great restaurant.
Prep and line cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
The team is wonderful to work with. Lots of hard workers. unfortunately, consistantly understaffed leaving workers tired and over worked for less than 40 hours. No overtime. No paid sick days or vacation. the Management is disorganized.
Pros
kitchen staff can cook own meals. discounts on dinning. Staff is like family.
Cons
Work 6 days with no overtime, No vacation or sick time off, The work load is unrealistic for 1 person, Pay is low and few pay raises, No bonuses
Fun workplace
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 28, 2017
The employees seem to care about their job and product output and seem to enjoy being at their jobs. Management is always upbeat and excited which makes everyone have an enjoyable time.
Not good.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 27, 2017
If you worked hard and did what you were told and and still went above and beyond you were worth 9.00 to start at Ted's. Not a good place for a seasoned cook.
Keeps the bison feel
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  GaNovember 14, 2017
Management was poor but that was more than 5 years ago. Does not pay very well. Advancement was hard even when everything was in line and you did everything they asked. Unless you want a 0.25/hr raise at best every 3 months no matter what look elsewhere.
Great Place.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 9, 2017
It was a Great place to work, Everyone there is really nice, and they are always there to help you with anything you may need, they care, and they have great food...
Pros
Food
Don't work here
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2017
The management team makes promises to employees and does not keep them. No matter how hard you work and how great your guests think you are, your hard work is not recognized by the management team even though you helped to open the restaurant.
Event based, fast pace, potential to make good money
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
When I started Ted's it was suppose to be a temporary job, but with the advancements, establishing a great customer service rapport and clientele I stayed. I believe in what Ted's is about, great hospitality, family atmosphere, and food made to order it helps you feel good about serving the public, I've always had a good management team because Ted's has an extensive training course. The hardest part about my job is how busy we can be when events come into town. The most enjoyable part of the job is making money!
Very Small Business
Team Lead, Server (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 31, 2017
A very relaxed small time company. Don't really care about progressing to much the status quo they have is good for them right now. Not a lot of money or room to advance.
Great Place
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 30, 2017
Awesome culture in all restaurants in all locations. I was a corporate trainer and traveled to other locations. Very good atmosphere with everyone doing their part with no short cuts and a lot of hard work done the right way.
Management rocks!
Server (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2017
Its a typical restaurant but the food is amazing! Co-workers are awesome and the customers can be great. You get to wear jeans and as long as you are a hard worker you will do well there! They are willing to work with your schedule, they hire a lot of students and encourage you to do your best in life, You will make life long friends there.
Advanced in my job
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Create a prep list of items needed help with prep hardest part Food Cost. Love working with the customers. My staff were hard working with makes my job easier
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Food Cost
Needs work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2017
A fun place to work at times even when it’s busy and you are up to Your neck in orders. Teamwork is the key at this job, a few things that I didn’t like about the job where the managers. Well I can’t say every manager that was there but one a particular would have the whole staff in a bad mood every time she worked. She wouldnt Help out when the staff was in need, she would constantly lie to you. Ted’s will not pay you well even though we would sell $30 steaks $25 burgers and $20 seafood.
Cons
Pay
Good people good environment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2017
Loved working at teds. The people and atmosphere is great and makes you never want to leave. But the ability to grow and make more money makes it very hard to stay.
Pros
People
Cons
Money
small sections
Server (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2017
Wasn't too bad for being corporate. They were strict on 3 table sections though. Management was not concerned about servers making money and would never cut. Much more money can be made elsewhere.
Not good
Server (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTSeptember 20, 2017
The management is critical in a restaurant like this and ours fall through every time. Kitchen is staffed with incompetency and the it makes it hard to enjoy the workplace culture, period. There is nothing enjoyable about working here anymore.
I learned alot about cooking from scratch. Also learned alot about butchering, breaking down, grinding and portioning meat.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 13, 2017
Ted's was a great place to work, The kitchen manager was a great teacher and leader and I learned a lot from him. We all worked as a team. Cooks didn't only cook, but we also washed dishes, took, out trash, and did a lot of cleaning. Our kitchen manager was very strict on safety and sanitation.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Cons
Fast pace work place where you can bring your family for a nice hot meal
Server/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VASeptember 7, 2017
Teds Montana Grill is a steak house mainly formed around bison. The work place is very family oriented and fun at the same time. Management is way beyond satisfactory and everyone is greeted with the big sky spirit. The best part of the job is being able to have fun even when things get stressful. Not to many hard things about working at Teds. Overall it's a wonderful workplace that I would recommend to anyone to come have a nice meal or even work.
Pros
Fast Paces and interactions with others
Cons
N/a
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaAugust 22, 2017
This was a great place to work. The people were friendly and nice the managers were very helpful and flexible the schedule was perfect and I don't really have too many bad things to say about it I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I just didn't like doing the dishes repair of the skin on my hands
terrible
line cook (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 15, 2017
This place took advantage of me every time time they saw the opportunity. the management was awful. After doing all the necessary tests and reviews it still took months to move to the next position up. overall I was never happy there and they never dfid what they said they were gping to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ted's Montana Grill. Our community is ready to answer.