TED BAKER LONDON Employee Reviews

Workplace environment is not the best.
Former sales associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJune 1, 2017
Management has no clue how to run the store or properly manage staff. Everyone is more concerned with gossip than working as a team. After working with your own customer, assisting them with sizes, and setting up a fitting room for them, management forces you to give your sale to someone else just because you made your goal for the day and the other person didn't. REALLY!! Everyone should be responsible for their own goals!!!
Pros
The employee discount
Cons
Terrible work environment, less than competent management and unfair/ unethical practices
Wonderful Product
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 3, 2017
Ted Baker has a great outlook on today’s business. Positive work place, creative and fun environment. Quality product and fashion forward design. Detailed orientated. Good compensation and bonus structure. Upper Management was difficult to work with.
Pros
Imaginative, Salary, Product
Cons
Upper Management, lack of Communication
Energetic and quirky company with great customer service.
Sales Associate/ Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed creating relationships with clients and staff. The company took great care of their employees and inspired the staff to create a 'no ordinary experience' to clients.
Pretty great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 14, 2017
I really like working here. They make every effort to work around my schedule. There's always a lot to do, so I'm never bored. They really encourage clienteling, instead of just pushing stuff on people. It's more about a team effort than everyone being out for themselves. The discount is really awesome- just wish I could spend more. Everyone is really helpful. I like coming to work. You definitely get out what you put in. They really try to promote from within, instead of going outside when there are plenty of good people trying to get promoted. Lots of higher ups have been promoted from stores.
Pros
clothing discount, managers/team
Cons
Sometimes the customers get upset about the 2 week return policy
Worst job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 24, 2016
Worst job ever can't work at any other retail store, not even a shoe store. Part time employees only get 15 hour a week with little pay
Cons
Only get 15 hours a week as a part time employee
Reasonable and Fair Part-time work
Sales | Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 7, 2016
I worked at a Ted Baker leased mat within a Bloomingdale's for approx several months. Although I've heard that the experience is more impactful working at a Ted Baker standalone store, I had a overall good experience working at Ted within Bloomingdale's.

I was treated fairly and with respect by management at Ted. It can be tricky to navigate the rules and standards of both Ted and Bloomingdale's at the same.

I did see opportunity for growth within the company, but could not devote the amount of time needed to do so.

I was concerned about job security within Bloomingdale's as business appears to be bad.

I would have probably preferred working in standalone store, and would recommend doing so over a leased space.
Pros
Opportunities for growth, nice coworkers
Cons
Minimal perks, non competitive pay, Bloomingdale's dress code
Quirky Culture
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 15, 2016
Good company to work for if you like sales. They definitely like to have fun and they treat their full-time employees great! Sales all in all can be a tough gig to work, but if you actually like people, you will enjoy this brand. The product is actually quality product and management practices what the brand mission preaches. The only reason I left my full-time position was to go back to school and work a little bit less. I don't like sales enough because I am more introverted, and I cannot invest that much time and energy while also giving time and energy to further my education.
Pros
quality product, quirky and fun environment, respectful associates/managers
Cons
low to moderate work/life balance, lots of energy to invest, MUST like people
Great Pay Horrible Management and communication
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2016
I love the product. There is nothing more exciting about wearing and selling Ted Baker Product all customers love it and will pay the price for quality product. Corporate and Management are so focused on the tasking vs selling. They also tend to say hold their employees to unrealistic goals and standards.
Pros
Great discount and awesome pay and Health coverage is amazing
Cons
Horrible Upper Managerment, not a selling culture, horrible operations, doesn't know how to hold people accountable
Really love the culture and the product
Men's Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
I love the product! But I feel like they are too operationally focused. I am a manager that thrives on a selling culture. I tend to get frustrated in a culture where filling out forms and submitting reports are more important than being on the selling floor and running your business.
productive
Ted Baker London (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 17, 2016
Effective communication skills needs to be more the pin point key when it comes to their sales. More efforts within management team to improve.
great
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 14, 2015
love it. They do not micro manage, welcoming personalities and willing to train properly. Upper management is very personable and don't pull status or rank. Everyone works together wonderfully.
Productive work place
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 23, 2015
Management is constantly changing, co-workers are amazing people, very diverse.

The hardest part of the job would honestly be stock, the store depends heavily on stock.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the amazing people you meet there.

Overall it is a nice company to work for, even better for those who are trying to get into Ted Baker Corporate, great beginning.
A good experience
Marketing & PR Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
While working here you get to meet a lot of people in corporate, including "ted Baker". You get to learn how the store runs and provide input to top executives.
Lovely company
Bloomingdale's Concessions Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2014
I enjoyed the people the and culture the best at ted baker. The pay is ok but being at work was a pleasure so time flew.
Pros
wonderful people, great staff, great upper mgmt
Cons
ALOT of tedious paperwork
Fun company to work for!
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  ChestnuthillMay 17, 2014
This brand has an amazing company culture. Everyone that works in Ted Baker is very passionate and supportive. Anyone can gain a lot of management and business experience just by working in a store. Ted Baker encourages there teams to "own there business" so you get hands on training about buying, merchandizing, visuals ect. It definitely takes the right type of outgoing and motivated person to enjoy this company. But if you are the right fit, you will love it!
Pros
company culture
Cons
managment turnover
Good Company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 1, 2014
Great learning experience. Management was not very supportive.
Pros
Fun Workplace
Cons
Found better opportunity
Positive Work Enviornment
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, NYMarch 18, 2013
A typical day involves reviewing our business plan and the sales analysis report, to strategize how we will increase sales from last year. I hold touch bases with each associate about their action plans and development. Clienteling drives our business, coaching and training each associate on becoming a clientele specialist. Merchandise moves, visual changes, product seminars, etc. The hardest part of my job is staying on top of time management, due to having a very small team. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new clients, fashion shows, and the wonderful team I work with.
Pros
free health benefits, 401k match, staff, etc.
Cons
management turnover, training new hires, hr, etc.
Enjoyable place to work. Upper management might be in over their heads
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2012
Some will find it enjoyable, some may not. There is a high rate of turnover in the management positions which may lead to confusion and constant policy changes.