Tedeschi Food Shops Employee Reviews

Productive, busy
Store Operator/Assinippi General Store (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MADecember 23, 2016
Always busy working with vendors, employees and customers. Great customer base with regulars everyday. I spent most days writing orders, merchandising and managing an inventory of most small grocery store products, beer, wine, meat, produce and deli. The hardest part of the day was the physical labor. The store was an old building with no access to storage except for a basement. The only access was from the outside. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people (customers and employees) and training employees how to increase sales in all categories in the stores.
This company has many different shades but none that I can say are good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MADecember 19, 2016
This company tends to go over individuals that are in a place of deserving a promotion and giving that opportunity to other's that did not qualify. Their individual biases were well known and opportunities to further one's self was uncommon.
Pros
Having an EPL (Employees Pay Later) log
Cons
personal biases and inability to move up in the company.
Fun easy place to work
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MADecember 3, 2016
This job was my vacation job. Slowest pace job I ever worked. I basically ran the whole store. From ordering products to satisfying customers while maintaining a strong relationship with the coffee shop connected inside.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
No breaks or benefits other than paid vacation.
Favorite job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJanuary 5, 2017
I loved working for tedeschi food shops my customers were amazing and they loved me only negative thing I will say is they need better management above the assistants and shift leaders
Convenience store with self service coffee bar
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 14, 2016
Good people at Chelmsford location. Always friendly people behind counter. Quick and accurate service. Would love to stay and franchise but company sold to 711
Pros
Good crew
Cons
Sold to 711
Progressive C-Store company
Director of Store Services (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MADecember 28, 2016
Progressive C-Store company that grew while under the direction of Peter Tedeschi, which focused on Customer, associated and work enveronment.
fun work place hard hours for poor pay
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 10, 2016
nothing to help a work with transportation issues due to hours worked. i love the company and love the staff i work with but without a 24/7 bus it just doesnt make it easy to get two and from work
It was an okay job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJuly 8, 2016
It was okay, I got comfortable dealing with a wide variety of customers. The work day would go by at a decent pace but lottery customers would usually slow down lines. The only real annoying thing was trying to close the store and customers would try to come in at last minute and prolong us from closing store.
Pros
Discount on certain food items
Cons
Lottery customers
okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAOctober 28, 2016
great company, not good for hours and pay. I wouldnt ever work there again but this is also a personal decision. the problem is franchisees can do whatever they want and its hard for corporate to oversee this.
A good first job for high school students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAJune 18, 2016
This was a job that was to pay my cell phone bill while in high school. Only issue was long hours and very little pay. You could however get your homework done while working. You have to learn to say no to the managers on schedule make sure you only are working the availability you applied for.
Pros
Good starting job, would recommend for kids starting out.
Cons
Slow paced, not much room for advancement
Same place as 7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 22, 2016
There really isn't much of a difference.The only difference was that 7-11 has everything more expensive.You work the same time frame and you do the same things.
Decent place to work for entry level workers
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 1, 2016
Each day at work was roughly the same, strictly focused on exceptional customer service. Other tasks include stocking shelves, cleaning, and lottery services.
Fun only when I worked with specific co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 20, 2015
I didn't enjoy Sundays because I had a creepy co-worker, no matter how many times I've told my manager at the time, he did nothing. But I understood because no one wanted to work on Sunday. Otherwise, this company was alright, there wasn't much benefits or anything special to it, just a regular retail job that you had to break a sweat for $8.50 an hour. Also it was pretty scary at night time, always being afraid of the druggies that lived in this area.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 26, 2016
it is a fast pace work environment co- workers are fun to work with management is a bit shady seeing they are always changing em up so you dont get to bond with a manager there is always a new one every couple years.
fast paced and fun job
Deli Counter Associate/cashier associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 11, 2015
This is a good company to work for. I have learned that people are the same everywhere everyone wants a good deal. This company has fair prices and fair practices. I have great people I work with and some times it gets busy but everyone pulls their weight and we get done together.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
flexable
One of the best convienence store company in New England
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAApril 5, 2015
Tedeschi is an outstanding company to work for. The benefits are equal to many of the largest companies. The company does care about its employees and with hard work you have room for advancement. This job you interact with customers every day and this is the enjoyable part of the job. The stores are open 365 days of the year and staffing on Christmas could be tough.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding
Cons
Could be working alone on shifts
Fast past environment, with a high volume of lottery customers.
Store Manager/Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Worked with customers by accepting payments, and making change as necessary. Service customers with lottery, and any thing else needed. Placed orders for coffee, sandwich bar, Richie's slush, and cigarettes. I was the store manager and worked well with my co-workers, most of us are still friends to this day. The hardest part of the job was employees, and customers didn't respect the rules.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Great boss
Cons
Having to fire employees.
Family own small chain of 200 plus food stores, great company to grow with.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJuly 27, 2014
It is great day to day operation, I am enjoying meeting with daily repeat and new customers, gives me more satisfaction when I been able to meet our customer satisfactions, Great team of co workers and Management which never left any hardship during the work and keep performing the best.
Most and best part of the job is I am motivated with what I am doing for the company and what company does for us.
Great job for young high school students
Cashier/Stocking (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAMarch 2, 2014
A typical day at Tedeschis is catered to customer service. It is important to make products visible and as accessible as possible. Maintaining and clean store front and inside appearance is a must. Co workers are friendly and typically young. There is no room for advancement. It is a dead end job with low pay. The hardest part of the job should be figuring out how the cash register works.
Pros
Relaxing work atmosphere
Cons
no room for growth. Dead end! low pay
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Centerville, MASeptember 19, 2013
As I would arrive at work I would put on my apron get a register of the minimum cash and help the next customer in line. This store was very busy and didn't have much downtime. When there was downtime you had to stock the shelves and keep your area around you neat and clean. My co-workers were good to work with, there were different shifts so you didn't always have to work with the same person. The hardest part of my job was standing on my feet all day and the most enjoyable part was having a deli there so if you forgot your lunch you could order at the store.
Pros
having a deli to order a sandwich if you needed to
Cons
short breaks and being on your feet all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tedeschi Food Shops. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8