Tedeschi Food Shops Employee Reviews in United States

fast paced and fun job
Deli Counter Associate/cashier associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 11, 2015
This is a good company to work for. I have learned that people are the same everywhere everyone wants a good deal. This company has fair prices and fair practices. I have great people I work with and some times it gets busy but everyone pulls their weight and we get done together.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
flexable
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAOctober 17, 2015
Customer service,
Handled all cash and credit transactions
Serve customers quickly and in a friendly manner
Responsible for stocking and pricing new merchandise
One of the best convienence store company in New England
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAApril 5, 2015
Tedeschi is an outstanding company to work for. The benefits are equal to many of the largest companies. The company does care about its employees and with hard work you have room for advancement. This job you interact with customers every day and this is the enjoyable part of the job. The stores are open 365 days of the year and staffing on Christmas could be tough.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding
Cons
Could be working alone on shifts
One of the best places I've worked at.
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 3, 2015
Been there since I was 16, in the 4 years I've been there, it has become like family and it made me such a better person. Great place to work at w/ supportive management and fair teachings.
coworkers become family.
Auditor, Reception, Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  corporate officeJuly 23, 2015
productive, most enjoyable completing 18 to20 audits per week within time line. As Deli manager enjoy the customer interaction.
Pros
flexable
12 years with company
owner (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 12, 2015
Worked in Bridgewater location 10 years
Company was outstanding to work fir as a franchise
Great Support easy run within company standards
Growth potential Enjoyed interactions with all my customers
will miss them dearly
Poor
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAMay 4, 2015
Tedeschi Food Shops has recently gone thru major shifts in upper management leaving exposed areas for improvement with the over all communication and execution of short tern and long term plans and undermining any corporate trust.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice Place to Work
Asst. Manager/Cashier/Customer (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAMay 17, 2015
Tedeschi Food Shops is good place for college student as well as for part time job. And there is possibility to grow , start as cashier , assistance manager and Manager
Family own small chain of 200 plus food stores, great company to grow with.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJuly 27, 2014
It is great day to day operation, I am enjoying meeting with daily repeat and new customers, gives me more satisfaction when I been able to meet our customer satisfactions, Great team of co workers and Management which never left any hardship during the work and keep performing the best.
Most and best part of the job is I am motivated with what I am doing for the company and what company does for us.
Easy but productive atmosphere
general manager (Former Employee) –  brighton MAApril 21, 2015
The best part of this job was the opportunity to grow, available to anyone who was willing.

The job was easy or hard depending on how you made it.
Cons
healthcare
Best workplace that supports employees values and promotes business goals
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Allston, MANovember 20, 2013
Tedeschi Food Shops in my experience is one of the decent place to work that values employee and promotes business goals simultaneously. It is a place that allows employee to build their interpersonal skills, customer service experience and solid background for any future career. The company provides opportunity for great communication with management, fabulous life-work balance, benefits for part-time and flexible schedule.
Pros
employee discounts, good communication with the management, part-time benefits
Cons
limited employees and co-workers
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Centerville, MASeptember 19, 2013
As I would arrive at work I would put on my apron get a register of the minimum cash and help the next customer in line. This store was very busy and didn't have much downtime. When there was downtime you had to stock the shelves and keep your area around you neat and clean. My co-workers were good to work with, there were different shifts so you didn't always have to work with the same person. The hardest part of my job was standing on my feet all day and the most enjoyable part was having a deli there so if you forgot your lunch you could order at the store.
Pros
having a deli to order a sandwich if you needed to
Cons
short breaks and being on your feet all day
Low pay terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant St Fall River, MADecember 28, 2014
This is by far the worse company I ever worked for. The pay is extremely low all around. Management is lazy and has no clue what they are doing. A typical day would consist of me spending at least 2 - 3 hrs in a cooler filling it becasue everyone else was too lazy to do so. The store was absolutely filthy. The scheduling was a nightmare. The company does not care about their employees at all. The particular store I worked in was robbed at least 3 times a month and instead of them just closing down thru the wee hrs of the night they preferred to stay open and put their clerks at risk. Upper management could be considered borderline stalkers as they browse the internet and facebook to find any dirt on you. Last time I checked, what I or you do on your free time is nobody's business but according to Tedeschi's management this is perfectly normal. They waste tons of money sending people for drug screens only to perform a job a monkey could do.
Pros
the customers
Cons
everything
My home away from home..
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MaJuly 11, 2013
A day at work for me is very busy. Between keeping everyone busy with projects, all the interruptions, orders coming in, unexpected variances with paperwork, getting to the bank, entering daily invoices, and ordering the merchandise in the store it can be a lot sometimes but nothing I cannot handle, it keeps me busy. I have some great employees at my work place who handle extremely well in tough situations. The hardest part of my job is when I have to write someone for something they have done, its not fun but has to be done. The best part of my job is going home everyday knowing I handle every situation correctly and accomplished a lot it is a great feeling seeing how much you got done in only a 10 hour day. I have learned so much from my manager and I could not have more confidence in my position.
Pros
i have a great boss
Cons
the pay is demeaning
Work experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 24, 2014
working week-ends; obtained knowledge on lottery machine; management is good; co-workers are professional; the hardest part of the job dealing with difficult customers; the most enjoyable part of the job is customer service
Fast paced,busy,enjoyable
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dracut, MAJuly 30, 2013
I enjoy my job but I need a new challenge.My manager is great but he doesn't enforce rules and duties on other employees and most of the work falls on me.
Pros
great manager, flexible
Cons
work on weekends, always on call
Productive learning environment
overnight sales associate/ inventory clerk (Current Employee) –  lawrence massMay 28, 2014
I have been working with the right management team which has allowed me to learn a great deal and take the necessary steps to climb the corporate ladder.
This store is a 24 hour store that does average business
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Revere, MAApril 2, 2014
This is a 24 hour store,I have work all shifts. There are mostly nice customers,but also rude ones. I like meeting ne customers.
Pros
customers are nice
Cons
sometimes its just to borning
Tfs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 12, 2013
Very busy place to work loved everything about it, never a quiet moment working there, which again made the work hours fly by. I was always staying busy.
Pros
always had work to do
Cons
the pay was bad for a assistant manager
Nothing really to say
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, NHAugust 29, 2014
Some of their rules were absolutely just STUPID! They like to play word games and try to pretend that you had a chance of moving up but actually that was never going to happen.