Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

Great place to work, with alot of good personalities
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great loving enviornment
Cons: To much shelter
A day a work would be making sure everyone is up.
Making sure everyone is in class and keeping up with there work.
updating flow charts, pop sheets, work assignments etc
A growing learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Free meals & Housing
Cons: nonguarnteed breaks, repeatativeness, predictability
The only thing I personally found difficult within Teen Challenge, as a whole, was the constantly repeated days events/ activities. It became somewhat predictable, not so much in a good way. I did however receive the opportunity to further develop my multi-tasking abilities, my housekeeping abilities, & my time management skills. My co-workers were overall good, respectable co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me, personally, was the constantly repeated daily activities/ predictability. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say was continually meeting new people with different up-brings & being able to work together on tasks at hand
Love the program and what it stands for
Apprentice (Former Employee), Lynwood, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Fun Loving Place to Work
Cons: lots and lots of rules
I woke the woman up in the morning to start there day I over seen the kitchen so I made sure everything went smoothly and all meals were perpared on time and done right I made sure all students where doing what they were suppose to be doing, Made sure that all woman got to there events on time and safely. Made sure all woman where following the rules and doing there program the way that was expected.
Great work place, helping people live better lives
Job Title- Teacher, coordinator (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 20, 2015
Pros: free board and food
Cons: none
very Godly place, love working there. Taught me a lot on computers, love helping people. Great Job teaching people the word of God. Helping them get jobs, filling out applications, living a better live not getting into trouble. Learning to live a good trouble free live.
Non profit company helping teens and adults through recovery of addiction
Student Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
Pros: Inspirational work
Cons: low pay
I was a student services coordinator, I basically assisted students with applying for insurance, personal needs, drive to them to appointments and court dates.
Teen Reabiliation
Counselor Aide (Current Employee), Arecibo, PRFebruary 16, 2015
excellent place to work, excellent staff members. A normal day work I take the youth to the beach, give them the necessary tools to reunite them to the community and how to be better people, give them the dietary food they need and help to maintain the facilities in any way I can. the hardest thing in my job is to maintain order in teens who like to do anything they want. the most enjoyable part is that you get to be an important part of the youths turning point of their lives.
Couselors Assistant
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 19, 2014
I loved working with women in recovery. I counseled them and kept documentations on their prrogress. I also was intake coordinator where I did interviews with women that wanted to get into our program to get the help they needed for their addiction. I loved it,they were a blessing to me.
Show residents how to be a christian
Dishwasher/ Housekeeper (Former Employee), Perryville, OHOctober 29, 2014
Pros: taught me a lot
Cons: worked real hard for free
Well it is a very demanding place to be because you have to study the bible and work all day long
Great place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Ceres, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free food and lodging
Cons: sometimes not the best of people to deal with, requires one year or more
building the structure of your own character and life and how to manage life situations..Volunteer work for the community
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2014
My position at Teen Challenge was as a student advisor. I did this as well as Manage the thrift store. I helped students to deal with daily life and to learn to live clean and sober from drugs and alcohol
Great place to work.
Staff Writer (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 24, 2014
Great place to work and grow in ministry. It was a great environment to learn more about others and grow in your faith.
It was great
Volunteer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2014
Going to teen challenge really helped me clean up my act. If you want something powerful to change in your life, check this place out. They had me working and studying and there was plenty of accountability.
Working here is great because you can help people and see their lives change!
Intern Administrative Coordinator & Office asst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: this job gives me a sense of fulfillment, because i am helping people.
Cons: there is no pay.
San Francisco Teen Challenge is a place of refuge for people with a life-controlling issues and if they have the desire to change their life, this program will work for them. I helped manage this facility on a daily basis. This is a house of about 15-30 guys at any given time and my job would be to make sure everyone gets up at the right time, I make sure everyone is up to par on following the rules, and I help oversee the house. A big part of my job is also finding provisions for the house because this program is a 501 c3 non-profit organization. The hardest part of this job is dealing with so many different personalities on a daily basis, but the most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be seeing the change that happens in these people's lives!
Great Launching Ground
Residential Counselor I (Former Employee), Missoula, MTJune 25, 2014
Teen Challenge is a great launching ground for a career in ministry! Great experince in a broad range of personalities, addictions, culture and social backgrounds
Teen Challenge changed my life.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Yuba City, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: helping people who were in the same situation as i was...
Cons: mostly volunteer
I have been living at Teen Challenge for over twenty months clean and sober.. With Teen Challenge I have learned how to work hard and be self sufficient...Now it is my turn to go back out into the world and be somebody, and right now I am looking to work and get back on the right path..I am excited! God is so good!
good job
Teen Challenge (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 7, 2014
i love teen challenge the have been changing lives for 56 years
Teen Challenge
Volunteer cleaning at several community churches (Former Employee), St. Louis MOApril 12, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed helping people
Cons: i wasn't paid the salary i deserved.
I would wake up and make sure students had everything they need to perform their daily duties.
Great place to work with interns and help them grow in their education
TCMI Instructor/Assistant (Current Employee), Lebanon, ORApril 2, 2014
I would typically check emails first, go over our student intern roster and then do grading from there. Once all grading is done then I would send out Progress Reports/Final Reports depending on where that student is at in their internship. Great boss; Pastor Rob Gerig. Co-workers are great and encouraging. The most enjoyable part of my job is I was helping make a difference in students lives.
A place were life transformation was available
Executive Director (Former Employee), KentuckyMarch 25, 2014
I was honored to have worked at such a place in such a position.
Fun and rewarding place to work
House Parent (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 26, 2013
A typical day was based on the activity schedule. I supervised 8 teenage girls 24/7, making sure that they are doing what they need to and also that all their needs were fulfilled. I learned a lot about communication, team work, and time management. I loved working with my coworkers, I learned a lot from them to work together and to be united. Hardest part of the job was the staff involvement in personal life. The most enjoyable part was working with the girls, watching them grow and develop.