Teen Challenge Employee Reviews in United States

Great company, poor managment and leadership
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 1, 2016
Great company to work for. I love what they stand for, but the center that I worked at was under poor leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the students and their families.
Place to grow Spiritually and be sharpened by others.
Women's Residential Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 25, 2016
Teen Challenge was a vey unique working environment.I was live in staff of up to 15 adult women with life controlling issues, so something new could transpire at anytime. I began my with schedule devotions, breakfast, distributing medications and then assisting the ladies to their assigned classes. After this I would start answering phone calls, making business calls for the ministry and continue monitoring the daly activities of the ladies. The day time activities for the women included doctors appointments, chores, lunch, household responsibilities and one on one mentoring. I played an important role in making sure they followed the rules they were required to uphold while in the center. The management would look to me to make sure all these things were carried out. I worked closely with court systems and probation as some of these women were released to the center instead of jail. I learned a lot about time management and mostly that people can change. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the transformation that would take place in these women after sometime in the program.The most challenging was watching some ladies chose not to complete.
Pros
Free living expenses
Cons
living with large group of women
Benefited me to get back on track
Maintenance Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 11, 2016
Faith based rehab program
it helped me to get off drugs and alcohol
a year long program
I learned that he situations you get yourself in good or bad is a surface issue of what happened in the past or recently.
focus can't be on the world
fun
Staff Intern/ staff (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 13, 2016
good place to work learn a lot about leadership How to lead guys not only at work but also in personal life overall agreat place to work and learn
Pros
free room
Cons
little pay
Teen Challenge
Supervision (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 30, 2016
I really appreciate the work I do at this program. The saving of lives, and restoration of men to their families is amazing. My time has been well spent in the ministry of Teen Challenge.
Pros
Men stop using drugs
Cons
Some keep using drugs
long hours, alot of drama
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2016
dealing with recovering drug addicts and alcoholics
overseeing the live in residents, children, and house
management was very supportive of all the employees
co workers were great
the hardest part was seeing the students leave the program unfinished
the most enjoyable part was seeing the lives transformed
Pros
helping others see their own potential
Cons
long hours, horrible pay no benefits
Strictly a volunteer position. No salary involved
Step Sponsor (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed this opportunity. The staff were well rounded and prepared. They used community resources wisely. I would do this again if I had the opportunity.
Great Co-workers
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 3, 2015
I loved working with the State Of Arizona they had plenty of room for advancement. They were always offering training for their employees and I took full advantage of all the training available
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
Intake Director/Youth Pastor/Fundraising Director (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKOctober 22, 2015
helped me serve and learn about Christ. It was a great place to serve and learn. I enjoyed and cherish my time spent at teen challenge of oklahoma
great work place to expand job experience
valunter (Former Employee) –  Oakland CaSeptember 29, 2015
Walk around the facility to see what needs to be done. walk around inside facility to see what needs to be done. Go to Thrift store and work register also manage my team on our daily duties.
I loved working for the Ministry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2015
I learned so much at this Ministry. The Administrator and Director had so much faith in me and taught me that I could do just about anything they threw at me. A loving environment and enjoyable co-workers. I had such a diversity of jobs in the office including being the liaison for our Food Stamps account. I worked long days and was compensated for my work with housing and a small salary which is common in this type of work. I am still friends with the Administrator and Director who are lovely people that showed me the ropes.
Pros
Gained a lot of experience in the many jobs I had.
Cons
Salary not so great.
Learned life skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 9, 2015
I was able to live there with my children and work on site, while learning valuable life skills, while helping other woman with children.
Pros
Live on site
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun workplace with pool table, basketball court, tennis court and weights
Janitorial Services/ Financial Procurments (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaJuly 27, 2015
Wake up at 6am, Monday-Friday. Breakfast and then work call from 9am-4:30. I learned to be punctual and to work hard and to be able to work along side all types of people
Great place to work, with alot of good personalities
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2015
A day a work would be making sure everyone is up.
Making sure everyone is in class and keeping up with there work.
updating flow charts, pop sheets, work assignments etc
Pros
Great loving enviornment
Cons
To much shelter
A growing learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 17, 2015
The only thing I personally found difficult within Teen Challenge, as a whole, was the constantly repeated days events/ activities. It became somewhat predictable, not so much in a good way. I did however receive the opportunity to further develop my multi-tasking abilities, my housekeeping abilities, & my time management skills. My co-workers were overall good, respectable co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me, personally, was the constantly repeated daily activities/ predictability. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say was continually meeting new people with different up-brings & being able to work together on tasks at hand
Pros
Free meals & Housing
Cons
nonguarnteed breaks, repeatativeness, predictability
Love the program and what it stands for
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 24, 2015
I woke the woman up in the morning to start there day I over seen the kitchen so I made sure everything went smoothly and all meals were perpared on time and done right I made sure all students where doing what they were suppose to be doing, Made sure that all woman got to there events on time and safely. Made sure all woman where following the rules and doing there program the way that was expected.
Pros
Fun Loving Place to Work
Cons
lots and lots of rules
Great work place, helping people live better lives
Job Title- Teacher, coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 20, 2015
very Godly place, love working there. Taught me a lot on computers, love helping people. Great Job teaching people the word of God. Helping them get jobs, filling out applications, living a better live not getting into trouble. Learning to live a good trouble free live.
Pros
free board and food
Cons
Non profit company helping teens and adults through recovery of addiction
Student Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
I was a student services coordinator, I basically assisted students with applying for insurance, personal needs, drive to them to appointments and court dates.
Pros
Inspirational work
Cons
low pay
Teen Reabiliation
Counselor Aide (Current Employee) –  Arecibo, PRFebruary 16, 2015
excellent place to work, excellent staff members. A normal day work I take the youth to the beach, give them the necessary tools to reunite them to the community and how to be better people, give them the dietary food they need and help to maintain the facilities in any way I can. the hardest thing in my job is to maintain order in teens who like to do anything they want. the most enjoyable part is that you get to be an important part of the youths turning point of their lives.
Couselors Assistant
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 19, 2014
I loved working with women in recovery. I counseled them and kept documentations on their prrogress. I also was intake coordinator where I did interviews with women that wanted to get into our program to get the help they needed for their addiction. I loved it,they were a blessing to me.

4.6