Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

Work Place: Balanced
Athletic Director (Current Employee) –  Bonifay, FLNovember 20, 2017
It has its pros which is changing young men lives, but what you deal with is not worth the salary. You definitely have to be called to work at Teen Challenge it is not for everybody.
Counsellor
Couselor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 17, 2017
I liked the work but it is a very stressful environment. I had to work 7 days a week up to 24 hours a day sometimes. I believe in the program but it was a lot of work with not a lot of support.
Pros
The people
Cons
No time off
productive but nice atmosphere
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 1, 2017
Teen Challange is a great place to work and it is competitive as well while I was working there it was a good place to work I enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to anyone
Pros
free lunch nice atmosphere
Cons
hard work needs more staff onsite
student
Student (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 24, 2017
It helped me where I need it. i am enternally grateful for all the help they gave me. the fellow students were great and it was very rewarding and i learned alot from them
Cleaning vacuuming
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 2, 2017
Great company to work with clean and tidy accountability everyone does there job and moves on to the next one no complaints cleaning bathrooms hallways
Waxing floors cleaning windows
Pros
Young company
Cons
Less chance for advancement
Its more than a job, Its an adventure
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CASeptember 30, 2017
The time and experience at Teen Challenge has been invaluable. The long hours just seemed to fly by. Being part of something much bigger than myself has given me a truly deep reward. I woke the students at 6am, and turned the lights out at ten pm. I was responsible for every class and work project with them. There are not words to express the value Teen Challenge has brought to my life.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
long hours, often times no break
Friendly and supportive enviorment
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland County, MISeptember 22, 2017
Teen challenge is a faith. base ministry. You must be very committed. When working for Teen challenge you must be very flexible. Things change all the time. You also must be familiar with substance abuse procedure s.
Takes a certain kind of person to make it here.
Volunteer/Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Good luck to anyone joining this group. Just hang tough through the changes and let the rest just ride out. Luck favors the prepared and well informed. God speed.
Pros
Different personalities
Cons
Inexperienced leaders
Not so great
Landscaping/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CASeptember 14, 2017
Difference of opinion with management. Very restrictive set of rules that govern all aspects of the work life. I am welcomed to go back to the program. I do believe that in the end it is a good program.
Pros
Supportive environment, varied jobs
Cons
Too restrictive work rules
Teen Challenge
Intake Man (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 3, 2017
Very fast paced , have to think and react quickly , great culture and people to work with. Love seeing people change their life and be successful. Have to deal with multiple situations all at once and prioritize which one comes first all day long. Also things are constantly changing and you have to adapt quickly and learn how to reorganize you day on the fly. But the joy of seeing men change their life is well worth it.
Pros
Helping people / always learning and growing
Cons
Far from work, no 401K
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 28, 2017
A typical day was supervising teens and making their meals and mentoring them.The management was very strict but fair. The hardest part was seeing a kid relapse.
Pros
Helping teens change their life around.
Cons
No cons
Great place to work and very rewarding.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 10, 2017
This is a great place to obtain work experience because I was responsible for several different kinds of jobs. I also learned a lot about time management and handling more than one job at a time.

The hardest part of working here is that there are so many different projects going on at a time. You really need to be organized in order to keep up.

The most enjoyable part of working there was witnessing the life transformation first hand and being apart of making a difference in someones life.
Pros
Great work experience.
Cons
there is little time for a personal life.
Organization designed to help people be free from addiction
East Bay Area Director (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 7, 2017
Great organization with a specific clientele. Most of the employees came from the programs. Dealt with alot of personel issues. ALso dealt witha few addiction issues.
Must be called to work for Teen Challenge
Staff Intern (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 19, 2017
Very stressful and not worth the money the pay you. They will use and abuse you. The leadership makes decisions for you. They are not really a fan of giving you the lunch break that labor laws allow you. Willing to run you into the ground with as little pay as they could pay you.
Very Productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rehrersburg, PAJuly 13, 2017
It was a very productive place to work. Everyone was very close knit on everything that was put out of the kitchen. the kitchen crew works very hard up there.
Pros
free meals.
Productive and fun workplace
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Meansville, GAJuly 3, 2017
This is truly an awesome place that changes lives everyday. They major in addiction and other life controlling issues. They have a great team that is there for you at all times.
Alot of work and hours, good learning experience.
Program Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 24, 2017
Very poor communication and lack of leadership in different departments. Lack of pay and benefits is enough for anyone to move on. Good opportunity to learn and get your feet wet.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Bad pay and no benfits
Place to receive healing
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 21, 2017
Manage woman in need of sobriety making sure they are programming and growing into a new life away from drugs and
alcohol. I learned how to encourage woman through sobriety. Super friendly and well balanced staff members. Hardest part of the job would be seeing woman fall back into addiction and same bad lifestyle. Most enjoyable part of work is seeing lives transformed and a foundation with God.
Pros
Life Insurance
Cons
Community Living
Healthy place of employment
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 5, 2017
Good for employment. I'm glad that I have been apart of this family. It's a challenge to get the hang of but if stuck out a lot of good qualities are able to be learned
I enjoyed working at teen challenge because it provides a spiritual/physical & healthy program to people in need of knowledge in life skills.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJune 2, 2017
I was impressed by the way the clients/patients were treated by Administration even in delicate & confidential situations. Well done by all parties involved.
Pros
Free cookies from church.
Cons
Workers need am & pm 15 minutes breaks. Daily Work Activities LOGS for workers & training logs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teen Challenge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4