Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Assistant Director in adult residential program (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Faith based residential program that relies on voluntary donations exclusively which is challenging yet rewarding. Worked in the community a lot making necessary community contacts.
Non profit vs future investment
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Teen Challenge does it's best when it comes to keeping traditional standards that have rarely seen change, since the first center has opened up in the late 70's. With that being said, it could use a much needed upgrade to their standards when it comes to workplace environment and moral beliefs, and the right time to separate both from business practices.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lifestyle
A fundrasing community
Fundraiser Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSDecember 23, 2016
If you like to fundraise and make crafts this is the place for you. You have to sacrifice your personal life in order to work here. there are job opportunities ,but only religious.
This year of my life was the most humbling experience I have ever had
Internship (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2016
There wasn't anything typical about participating in the Teen Challenge experience. Everyday offered new unique opportunities. I was among all walks of life, everyone unsure of what would occur next. I learned to be prepared for anything including humility.
It is a good Place
Custodian Attendant/Landscape/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2016
I love that place it is a great place, I learn a lot from that place, It help me to be a better person in life and I learn a lot about my lord Jesus Christ.
Good place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 7, 2016
its a good place to work if you are looking to give back into your community. You have to be a man of many hats. Make sure that you are there for the right reason because you aren't going to get rich doing it.
Pros
Friendly staff and customers
Cons
No breaks.
A day at Teen Challenge
Support staff (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 19, 2016
A day at work consisted of teaching bible studies, fundraising, and teaching the girls a new way of life without addiction. i was also the telemarketing director. I learned here was learning how to help people with different kinds of issues. the management and co-workers were amazing and a pleasure to work with. the hardest part of the job was that it was a live in job and being at working 24/7
This organization dose great thing with people who are in need
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2016
Great culture to work in, the staff really make the work place. I was very surprised on how well each staff member as well as admin. members were willing to work with you. If you enjoy helping people and pouring life into people who are broken this place is a great place to work.
Pros
Very open to new process improvment ideas
Cons
Lack of organization
Great company, poor managment and leadership
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 1, 2016
Great company to work for. I love what they stand for, but the center that I worked at was under poor leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the students and their families.
Place to grow Spiritually and be sharpened by others.
Women's Residential Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 25, 2016
Teen Challenge was a vey unique working environment.I was live in staff of up to 15 adult women with life controlling issues, so something new could transpire at anytime. I began my with schedule devotions, breakfast, distributing medications and then assisting the ladies to their assigned classes. After this I would start answering phone calls, making business calls for the ministry and continue monitoring the daly activities of the ladies. The day time activities for the women included doctors appointments, chores, lunch, household responsibilities and one on one mentoring. I played an important role in making sure they followed the rules they were required to uphold while in the center. The management would look to me to make sure all these things were carried out. I worked closely with court systems and probation as some of these women were released to the center instead of jail. I learned a lot about time management and mostly that people can change. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the transformation that would take place in these women after sometime in the program.The most challenging was watching some ladies chose not to complete.
Pros
Free living expenses
Cons
living with large group of women
Drug Treatment Facility
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New yorkMarch 22, 2016
Responsible for understanding, monitoring and ensuring safety in a men’s residential treatment facility.
Crisis intervention and motivational interviewing.
24 hour supervision.
Distributed medication.
Incident reports conducted as needed.
Planning and conducting substance abuse, motivational seminars and behavioral seminars/activities.
Responsible for generating individual behavioral case notes, conducting bedroom searches, clothing searches, drug test and inventories in accordance with Teen Challenge policies.
Participated in providing educational programs during residential treatment by means of general academics, substance abuse and related areas.
Provided counseling for residents to prevent relapse by assisting them in recognizing triggers of substance abuse and developing appropriate coping mechanisms to continue recovery.
Benefited me to get back on track
Maintenance Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 11, 2016
Faith based rehab program
it helped me to get off drugs and alcohol
a year long program
I learned that he situations you get yourself in good or bad is a surface issue of what happened in the past or recently.
focus can't be on the world
fun
Staff Intern/ staff (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 13, 2016
good place to work learn a lot about leadership How to lead guys not only at work but also in personal life overall agreat place to work and learn
Pros
free room
Cons
little pay
Teen Challenge
Supervision (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 30, 2016
I really appreciate the work I do at this program. The saving of lives, and restoration of men to their families is amazing. My time has been well spent in the ministry of Teen Challenge.
Pros
Men stop using drugs
Cons
Some keep using drugs
long hours, alot of drama
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2016
dealing with recovering drug addicts and alcoholics
overseeing the live in residents, children, and house
management was very supportive of all the employees
co workers were great
the hardest part was seeing the students leave the program unfinished
the most enjoyable part was seeing the lives transformed
Pros
helping others see their own potential
Cons
long hours, horrible pay no benefits
Strictly a volunteer position. No salary involved
Step Sponsor (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed this opportunity. The staff were well rounded and prepared. They used community resources wisely. I would do this again if I had the opportunity.
Great Co-workers
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 3, 2015
I loved working with the State Of Arizona they had plenty of room for advancement. They were always offering training for their employees and I took full advantage of all the training available
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
Intake Director/Youth Pastor/Fundraising Director (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKOctober 22, 2015
helped me serve and learn about Christ. It was a great place to serve and learn. I enjoyed and cherish my time spent at teen challenge of oklahoma
great work place to expand job experience
valunter (Former Employee) –  Oakland CaSeptember 29, 2015
Walk around the facility to see what needs to be done. walk around inside facility to see what needs to be done. Go to Thrift store and work register also manage my team on our daily duties.
I loved working for the Ministry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2015
I learned so much at this Ministry. The Administrator and Director had so much faith in me and taught me that I could do just about anything they threw at me. A loving environment and enjoyable co-workers. I had such a diversity of jobs in the office including being the liaison for our Food Stamps account. I worked long days and was compensated for my work with housing and a small salary which is common in this type of work. I am still friends with the Administrator and Director who are lovely people that showed me the ropes.
Pros
Gained a lot of experience in the many jobs I had.
Cons
Salary not so great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teen Challenge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5