Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

Working here is great because you can help people and see their lives change!
Intern Administrative Coordinator & Office asst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2014
San Francisco Teen Challenge is a place of refuge for people with a life-controlling issues and if they have the desire to change their life, this program will work for them. I helped manage this facility on a daily basis. This is a house of about 15-30 guys at any given time and my job would be to make sure everyone gets up at the right time, I make sure everyone is up to par on following the rules, and I help oversee the house. A big part of my job is also finding provisions for the house because this program is a 501 c3 non-profit organization. The hardest part of this job is dealing with so many different personalities on a daily basis, but the most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be seeing the change that happens in these people's lives!
Pros
this job gives me a sense of fulfillment, because i am helping people.
Cons
there is no pay.
A growing learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 17, 2015
The only thing I personally found difficult within Teen Challenge, as a whole, was the constantly repeated days events/ activities. It became somewhat predictable, not so much in a good way. I did however receive the opportunity to further develop my multi-tasking abilities, my housekeeping abilities, & my time management skills. My co-workers were overall good, respectable co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me, personally, was the constantly repeated daily activities/ predictability. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say was continually meeting new people with different up-brings & being able to work together on tasks at hand
Pros
Free meals & Housing
Cons
nonguarnteed breaks, repeatativeness, predictability
I believe in what Teen Challenge represents and stands for.
Worship Leader, Advisor, Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAAugust 13, 2013
I enjoyed my job for the most part. I felt like I made a difference. But, I as I advanced and was given more responsibility, they were unable to increase my pay, though they increased my hours. My management were considerate of others, great communicators and acted in integrity. My co-workers switched frequently because interns came and went so quickly, but the bulk of them cared about each other's well being. The hardest part of my job was that I worked 6 days a week and split shifts 5 days a week. I loved working with people and facing new challenges. Over the 5 years I worked there, I learned to be flexible and adapt to all types of situations.
Pros
gas expense
Cons
split shifts
I loved working for the Ministry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2015
I learned so much at this Ministry. The Administrator and Director had so much faith in me and taught me that I could do just about anything they threw at me. A loving environment and enjoyable co-workers. I had such a diversity of jobs in the office including being the liaison for our Food Stamps account. I worked long days and was compensated for my work with housing and a small salary which is common in this type of work. I am still friends with the Administrator and Director who are lovely people that showed me the ropes.
Pros
Gained a lot of experience in the many jobs I had.
Cons
Salary not so great.
Life Training Center that offered new lease on life for those who lost hope.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2013
A typical day at work was assisting individuals in proper life management.
I learned patience and compassion for those who were less fortunate than me. I learned managerial skills.
Management was great and taught me well. They were achievers who wanted others to succeed.
The hardest part of the job was to witness individuals give up so easily without pursuing their goals.
The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing those who have achieved most of their goals and knowing I played a signifficent part in it.
Pros
paid housing
Cons
many, many hours
productive and a fun enviroment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  rehersburg, paNovember 6, 2013
every day has its good days and bad, but working here shows you how to overcome the situations of like and prevail. i learned alot of management skills as well as other everyday skills that i would need in the world today. i say the hardest part of the job is waking up in the middle of the night to handle a situation and know that its getting done correct. the most enjoyable part of the day is knowing and hearing employees and personel there enjoy the work and praise the team for keeping the place running.
Pros
everything
Cons
short breaks and certain attitudes
Fun and rewarding place to work
House Parent (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 26, 2013
A typical day was based on the activity schedule. I supervised 8 teenage girls 24/7, making sure that they are doing what they need to and also that all their needs were fulfilled. I learned a lot about communication, team work, and time management. I loved working with my coworkers, I learned a lot from them to work together and to be united. Hardest part of the job was the staff involvement in personal life. The most enjoyable part was working with the girls, watching them grow and develop.
Energetic
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GASeptember 23, 2013
A typical day would be assisting adolescent males in life controlling situation. Kind of like the big brother program. I learn from the students and continue to get updates of their progression. The management and co workers are a group of culturally diverse men and women with a passion to change the lives of young people. The hardest part of the job is when a student relapses or quits. The most rewarding is the emails from students who confirm that my job was not a waste.
Pros
smiles
Cons
back sliding
Teen Reabiliation
Counselor Aide (Current Employee) –  Arecibo, PRFebruary 16, 2015
excellent place to work, excellent staff members. A normal day work I take the youth to the beach, give them the necessary tools to reunite them to the community and how to be better people, give them the dietary food they need and help to maintain the facilities in any way I can. the hardest thing in my job is to maintain order in teens who like to do anything they want. the most enjoyable part is that you get to be an important part of the youths turning point of their lives.
Love the program and what it stands for
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 24, 2015
I woke the woman up in the morning to start there day I over seen the kitchen so I made sure everything went smoothly and all meals were perpared on time and done right I made sure all students where doing what they were suppose to be doing, Made sure that all woman got to there events on time and safely. Made sure all woman where following the rules and doing there program the way that was expected.
Pros
Fun Loving Place to Work
Cons
lots and lots of rules

Want to know more about Teen Challenge?

Ask a question
Great place to work with interns and help them grow in their education
TCMI Instructor/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ORApril 2, 2014
I would typically check emails first, go over our student intern roster and then do grading from there. Once all grading is done then I would send out Progress Reports/Final Reports depending on where that student is at in their internship. Great boss; Pastor Rob Gerig. Co-workers are great and encouraging. The most enjoyable part of my job is I was helping make a difference in students lives.
Best kept secret in the World
Counsler (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2013
A typical day at work is helping others fight there life controlling addictions.

What I've learned through TC is about myself,the word, and life.

Managment is amazing as well as co -workers.

The hardest part of the job is watching someone fall to their addiction after overcoming it for so long.

The most enjoyable part of my job is watching someone overcome their addiction. Watching God work within their lives.
Pros
free rent, free food
Cons
none.
long hours, alot of drama
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2016
dealing with recovering drug addicts and alcoholics
overseeing the live in residents, children, and house
management was very supportive of all the employees
co workers were great
the hardest part was seeing the students leave the program unfinished
the most enjoyable part was seeing the lives transformed
Pros
helping others see their own potential
Cons
long hours, horrible pay no benefits
Teen Challenge changed my life.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 17, 2014
I have been living at Teen Challenge for over twenty months clean and sober.. With Teen Challenge I have learned how to work hard and be self sufficient...Now it is my turn to go back out into the world and be somebody, and right now I am looking to work and get back on the right path..I am excited! God is so good!
Pros
helping people who were in the same situation as i was...
Cons
mostly volunteer
Love working with people
Intake Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2012
Over see daily and weekly activities, over see the jobs duty.Learned how to work with people in need,The hard part was watching the m leave,my co worker where great to work with because they understood there problems.The best part of working there was that guys there know they had some they could trust and talk to.
Pros
i live there
Cons
no privacie, but enjoyed being with them.
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 4, 2013
Diagnosed and repaired all network connectivity issues. Built computer lab with access to various resources for students. Taught students how to get the most from the internet. Trained staff on how to utilize resources on the network. Ran ethernet cable throughout buildings. Built web pages using FrontPage & Dreamweaver.
Pros
great people
Cons
no advancement
Challenging work and inspiring environment.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJuly 26, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients. Being apart of thier process of growth was an awsome exerience. The hardest part of the job was seeing some of them give up on themselves.

Management was great. Very encouraging and supportive.
Pros
an inspirational environment.
Cons
little hours, and no benefits.
Great work place, helping people live better lives
Job Title- Teacher, coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 20, 2015
very Godly place, love working there. Taught me a lot on computers, love helping people. Great Job teaching people the word of God. Helping them get jobs, filling out applications, living a better live not getting into trouble. Learning to live a good trouble free live.
Pros
free board and food
Cons
Great company to work for.
Bill Malotte, Manager (Former Employee) –  Shedd, OROctober 21, 2013
I drove a donation truck and picked up donations and delivered them to four store locations.The four locations were Eugene,Albany,Lebanon, and Salem. I learned that there are a lot of caring people who like to help others in need. The hardest part was keeping to schedule with various traffic delays.
Couselors Assistant
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 19, 2014
I loved working with women in recovery. I counseled them and kept documentations on their prrogress. I also was intake coordinator where I did interviews with women that wanted to get into our program to get the help they needed for their addiction. I loved it,they were a blessing to me.

4.6