Teen Challenge Employee Reviews in United States

Great place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAOctober 15, 2014
building the structure of your own character and life and how to manage life situations..Volunteer work for the community
Pros
free food and lodging
Cons
sometimes not the best of people to deal with, requires one year or more
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2014
My position at Teen Challenge was as a student advisor. I did this as well as Manage the thrift store. I helped students to deal with daily life and to learn to live clean and sober from drugs and alcohol
Great place to work.
Staff Writer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 24, 2014
Great place to work and grow in ministry. It was a great environment to learn more about others and grow in your faith.
It was great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2014
Going to teen challenge really helped me clean up my act. If you want something powerful to change in your life, check this place out. They had me working and studying and there was plenty of accountability.
Working here is great because you can help people and see their lives change!
Intern Administrative Coordinator & Office asst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2014
San Francisco Teen Challenge is a place of refuge for people with a life-controlling issues and if they have the desire to change their life, this program will work for them. I helped manage this facility on a daily basis. This is a house of about 15-30 guys at any given time and my job would be to make sure everyone gets up at the right time, I make sure everyone is up to par on following the rules, and I help oversee the house. A big part of my job is also finding provisions for the house because this program is a 501 c3 non-profit organization. The hardest part of this job is dealing with so many different personalities on a daily basis, but the most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be seeing the change that happens in these people's lives!
Pros
this job gives me a sense of fulfillment, because i am helping people.
Cons
there is no pay.
Great Launching Ground
Residential Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 25, 2014
Teen Challenge is a great launching ground for a career in ministry! Great experince in a broad range of personalities, addictions, culture and social backgrounds
Teen Challenge changed my life.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 17, 2014
I have been living at Teen Challenge for over twenty months clean and sober.. With Teen Challenge I have learned how to work hard and be self sufficient...Now it is my turn to go back out into the world and be somebody, and right now I am looking to work and get back on the right path..I am excited! God is so good!
Pros
helping people who were in the same situation as i was...
Cons
mostly volunteer
good job
Teen Challenge (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 7, 2014
i love teen challenge the have been changing lives for 56 years
Teen Challenge
Volunteer cleaning at several community churches (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MOApril 12, 2014
I would wake up and make sure students had everything they need to perform their daily duties.
Pros
i enjoyed helping people
Cons
i wasn't paid the salary i deserved.
Great place to work with interns and help them grow in their education
TCMI Instructor/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ORApril 2, 2014
I would typically check emails first, go over our student intern roster and then do grading from there. Once all grading is done then I would send out Progress Reports/Final Reports depending on where that student is at in their internship. Great boss; Pastor Rob Gerig. Co-workers are great and encouraging. The most enjoyable part of my job is I was helping make a difference in students lives.
A place were life transformation was available
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 25, 2014
I was honored to have worked at such a place in such a position.
Fun and rewarding place to work
House Parent (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 26, 2013
A typical day was based on the activity schedule. I supervised 8 teenage girls 24/7, making sure that they are doing what they need to and also that all their needs were fulfilled. I learned a lot about communication, team work, and time management. I loved working with my coworkers, I learned a lot from them to work together and to be united. Hardest part of the job was the staff involvement in personal life. The most enjoyable part was working with the girls, watching them grow and develop.
well balanced Christian organization
Janitor - Custodian - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 30, 2013
well balanced Christian organization. Great work/life balance. Daily work consisted of leadership and organizing cleaning team, ordering of cleaning supplies, responsible for all workers completing cleaning projects and daily work inspecting.
productive and a fun enviroment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  rehersburg, paNovember 6, 2013
every day has its good days and bad, but working here shows you how to overcome the situations of like and prevail. i learned alot of management skills as well as other everyday skills that i would need in the world today. i say the hardest part of the job is waking up in the middle of the night to handle a situation and know that its getting done correct. the most enjoyable part of the day is knowing and hearing employees and personel there enjoy the work and praise the team for keeping the place running.
Pros
everything
Cons
short breaks and certain attitudes
Great company to work for.
Bill Malotte, Manager (Former Employee) –  Shedd, OROctober 21, 2013
I drove a donation truck and picked up donations and delivered them to four store locations.The four locations were Eugene,Albany,Lebanon, and Salem. I learned that there are a lot of caring people who like to help others in need. The hardest part was keeping to schedule with various traffic delays.
Energetic
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GASeptember 23, 2013
A typical day would be assisting adolescent males in life controlling situation. Kind of like the big brother program. I learn from the students and continue to get updates of their progression. The management and co workers are a group of culturally diverse men and women with a passion to change the lives of young people. The hardest part of the job is when a student relapses or quits. The most rewarding is the emails from students who confirm that my job was not a waste.
Pros
smiles
Cons
back sliding
I believe in what Teen Challenge represents and stands for.
Worship Leader, Advisor, Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAAugust 13, 2013
I enjoyed my job for the most part. I felt like I made a difference. But, I as I advanced and was given more responsibility, they were unable to increase my pay, though they increased my hours. My management were considerate of others, great communicators and acted in integrity. My co-workers switched frequently because interns came and went so quickly, but the bulk of them cared about each other's well being. The hardest part of my job was that I worked 6 days a week and split shifts 5 days a week. I loved working with people and facing new challenges. Over the 5 years I worked there, I learned to be flexible and adapt to all types of situations.
Pros
gas expense
Cons
split shifts
Challenging work and inspiring environment.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJuly 26, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients. Being apart of thier process of growth was an awsome exerience. The hardest part of the job was seeing some of them give up on themselves.

Management was great. Very encouraging and supportive.
Pros
an inspirational environment.
Cons
little hours, and no benefits.
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 4, 2013
Diagnosed and repaired all network connectivity issues. Built computer lab with access to various resources for students. Taught students how to get the most from the internet. Trained staff on how to utilize resources on the network. Ran ethernet cable throughout buildings. Built web pages using FrontPage & Dreamweaver.
Pros
great people
Cons
no advancement
The Holy Spirit is at work here.
Guidance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 26, 2013
The Holy Spirit is at work here. Young teen men find the Lord and major change occurs in their lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teen Challenge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6