Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

Fun and rewarding place to work
House Parent (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 26, 2013
A typical day was based on the activity schedule. I supervised 8 teenage girls 24/7, making sure that they are doing what they need to and also that all their needs were fulfilled. I learned a lot about communication, team work, and time management. I loved working with my coworkers, I learned a lot from them to work together and to be united. Hardest part of the job was the staff involvement in personal life. The most enjoyable part was working with the girls, watching them grow and develop.
well balanced Christian organization
Janitor - Custodian - Team Lead (Former Employee), Muskegon, MINovember 30, 2013
well balanced Christian organization. Great work/life balance. Daily work consisted of leadership and organizing cleaning team, ordering of cleaning supplies, responsible for all workers completing cleaning projects and daily work inspecting.
productive and a fun enviroment
Volunteer (Current Employee), rehersburg, paNovember 6, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: short breaks and certain attitudes
every day has its good days and bad, but working here shows you how to overcome the situations of like and prevail. i learned alot of management skills as well as other everyday skills that i would need in the world today. i say the hardest part of the job is waking up in the middle of the night to handle a situation and know that its getting done correct. the most enjoyable part of the day is knowing and hearing employees and personel there enjoy the work and praise the team for keeping the place running.
Great company to work for.
Bill Malotte, Manager (Former Employee), Shedd, OROctober 21, 2013
I drove a donation truck and picked up donations and delivered them to four store locations.The four locations were Eugene,Albany,Lebanon, and Salem. I learned that there are a lot of caring people who like to help others in need. The hardest part was keeping to schedule with various traffic delays.
Energetic
Staff Member (Former Employee), Griffin, GASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: smiles
Cons: back sliding
A typical day would be assisting adolescent males in life controlling situation. Kind of like the big brother program. I learn from the students and continue to get updates of their progression. The management and co workers are a group of culturally diverse men and women with a passion to change the lives of young people. The hardest part of the job is when a student relapses or quits. The most rewarding is the emails from students who confirm that my job was not a waste.
I believe in what Teen Challenge represents and stands for.
Worship Leader, Advisor, Teacher (Former Employee), Ceres, CAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: gas expense
Cons: split shifts
I enjoyed my job for the most part. I felt like I made a difference. But, I as I advanced and was given more responsibility, they were unable to increase my pay, though they increased my hours. My management were considerate of others, great communicators and acted in integrity. My co-workers switched frequently because interns came and went so quickly, but the bulk of them cared about each other's well being. The hardest part of my job was that I worked 6 days a week and split shifts 5 days a week. I loved working with people and facing new challenges. Over the 5 years I worked there, I learned to be flexible and adapt to all types of situations.
Challenging work and inspiring environment.
Advisor (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJuly 26, 2013
Pros: an inspirational environment.
Cons: little hours, and no benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients. Being apart of thier process of growth was an awsome exerience. The hardest part of the job was seeing some of them give up on themselves.

Management was great. Very encouraging and supportive.
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJune 4, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: no advancement
Diagnosed and repaired all network connectivity issues. Built computer lab with access to various resources for students. Taught students how to get the most from the internet. Trained staff on how to utilize resources on the network. Ran ethernet cable throughout buildings. Built web pages using FrontPage & Dreamweaver.
The Holy Spirit is at work here.
Guidance Counselor (Current Employee), Newport News, VAApril 26, 2013
The Holy Spirit is at work here. Young teen men find the Lord and major change occurs in their lives.
Best kept secret in the World
Counsler (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2013
Pros: free rent, free food
Cons: none.
A typical day at work is helping others fight there life controlling addictions.

What I've learned through TC is about myself,the word, and life.

Managment is amazing as well as co -workers.

The hardest part of the job is watching someone fall to their addiction after overcoming it for so long.

The most enjoyable part of my job is watching someone overcome their addiction. Watching God work within their lives.
Life Training Center that offered new lease on life for those who lost hope.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: paid housing
Cons: many, many hours
A typical day at work was assisting individuals in proper life management.
I learned patience and compassion for those who were less fortunate than me. I learned managerial skills.
Management was great and taught me well. They were achievers who wanted others to succeed.
The hardest part of the job was to witness individuals give up so easily without pursuing their goals.
The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing those who have achieved most of their goals and knowing I played a signifficent part in it.
Love working with people
Intake Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2012
Pros: i live there
Cons: no privacie, but enjoyed being with them.
Over see daily and weekly activities, over see the jobs duty.Learned how to work with people in need,The hard part was watching the m leave,my co worker where great to work with because they understood there problems.The best part of working there was that guys there know they had some they could trust and talk to.
Good entry level job to learn responsibility.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 27, 2012
Non profit organization. Job is more suited for someone who went through the program. Job does teach good admin and customer service skills
A place that is good in what it's there for, helping young girls.
Residential Staff (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2012
Pros: helping girls, see them change.
Cons: time away from family.
I enjoy being at Teen Challenge but it is only part-time with no benifits, and no way to advance.