Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

Strictly a volunteer position. No salary involved
Step Sponsor (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoyed this opportunity. The staff were well rounded and prepared. They used community resources wisely. I would do this again if I had the opportunity.
Great Co-workers
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 3, 2015
I loved working with the State Of Arizona they had plenty of room for advancement. They were always offering training for their employees and I took full advantage of all the training available
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
Intake Director/Youth Pastor/Fundraising Director (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKOctober 22, 2015
helped me serve and learn about Christ. It was a great place to serve and learn. I enjoyed and cherish my time spent at teen challenge of oklahoma
great work place to expand job experience
valunter (Former Employee) –  Oakland CaSeptember 29, 2015
Walk around the facility to see what needs to be done. walk around inside facility to see what needs to be done. Go to Thrift store and work register also manage my team on our daily duties.
I loved working for the Ministry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2015
I learned so much at this Ministry. The Administrator and Director had so much faith in me and taught me that I could do just about anything they threw at me. A loving environment and enjoyable co-workers. I had such a diversity of jobs in the office including being the liaison for our Food Stamps account. I worked long days and was compensated for my work with housing and a small salary which is common in this type of work. I am still friends with the Administrator and Director who are lovely people that showed me the ropes.
Pros
Gained a lot of experience in the many jobs I had.
Cons
Salary not so great.
Learned life skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 9, 2015
I was able to live there with my children and work on site, while learning valuable life skills, while helping other woman with children.
Pros
Live on site
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun workplace with pool table, basketball court, tennis court and weights
Janitorial Services/ Financial Procurments (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaJuly 27, 2015
Wake up at 6am, Monday-Friday. Breakfast and then work call from 9am-4:30. I learned to be punctual and to work hard and to be able to work along side all types of people
Great place to work, with alot of good personalities
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2015
A day a work would be making sure everyone is up.
Making sure everyone is in class and keeping up with there work.
updating flow charts, pop sheets, work assignments etc
Pros
Great loving enviornment
Cons
To much shelter
A growing learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 17, 2015
The only thing I personally found difficult within Teen Challenge, as a whole, was the constantly repeated days events/ activities. It became somewhat predictable, not so much in a good way. I did however receive the opportunity to further develop my multi-tasking abilities, my housekeeping abilities, & my time management skills. My co-workers were overall good, respectable co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me, personally, was the constantly repeated daily activities/ predictability. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say was continually meeting new people with different up-brings & being able to work together on tasks at hand
Pros
Free meals & Housing
Cons
nonguarnteed breaks, repeatativeness, predictability
Love the program and what it stands for
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 24, 2015
I woke the woman up in the morning to start there day I over seen the kitchen so I made sure everything went smoothly and all meals were perpared on time and done right I made sure all students where doing what they were suppose to be doing, Made sure that all woman got to there events on time and safely. Made sure all woman where following the rules and doing there program the way that was expected.
Pros
Fun Loving Place to Work
Cons
lots and lots of rules
Great work place, helping people live better lives
Job Title- Teacher, coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 20, 2015
very Godly place, love working there. Taught me a lot on computers, love helping people. Great Job teaching people the word of God. Helping them get jobs, filling out applications, living a better live not getting into trouble. Learning to live a good trouble free live.
Pros
free board and food
Cons
Non profit company helping teens and adults through recovery of addiction
Student Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
I was a student services coordinator, I basically assisted students with applying for insurance, personal needs, drive to them to appointments and court dates.
Pros
Inspirational work
Cons
low pay
Teen Reabiliation
Counselor Aide (Current Employee) –  Arecibo, PRFebruary 16, 2015
excellent place to work, excellent staff members. A normal day work I take the youth to the beach, give them the necessary tools to reunite them to the community and how to be better people, give them the dietary food they need and help to maintain the facilities in any way I can. the hardest thing in my job is to maintain order in teens who like to do anything they want. the most enjoyable part is that you get to be an important part of the youths turning point of their lives.
Couselors Assistant
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 19, 2014
I loved working with women in recovery. I counseled them and kept documentations on their prrogress. I also was intake coordinator where I did interviews with women that wanted to get into our program to get the help they needed for their addiction. I loved it,they were a blessing to me.
Show residents how to be a christian
Dishwasher/ Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Perryville, OHOctober 29, 2014
Well it is a very demanding place to be because you have to study the bible and work all day long
Pros
Taught me a lot
Cons
Worked real hard for free
Great place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAOctober 15, 2014
building the structure of your own character and life and how to manage life situations..Volunteer work for the community
Pros
free food and lodging
Cons
sometimes not the best of people to deal with, requires one year or more
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2014
My position at Teen Challenge was as a student advisor. I did this as well as Manage the thrift store. I helped students to deal with daily life and to learn to live clean and sober from drugs and alcohol
Great place to work.
Staff Writer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 24, 2014
Great place to work and grow in ministry. It was a great environment to learn more about others and grow in your faith.
It was great
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2014
Going to teen challenge really helped me clean up my act. If you want something powerful to change in your life, check this place out. They had me working and studying and there was plenty of accountability.
Working here is great because you can help people and see their lives change!
Intern Administrative Coordinator & Office asst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2014
San Francisco Teen Challenge is a place of refuge for people with a life-controlling issues and if they have the desire to change their life, this program will work for them. I helped manage this facility on a daily basis. This is a house of about 15-30 guys at any given time and my job would be to make sure everyone gets up at the right time, I make sure everyone is up to par on following the rules, and I help oversee the house. A big part of my job is also finding provisions for the house because this program is a 501 c3 non-profit organization. The hardest part of this job is dealing with so many different personalities on a daily basis, but the most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be seeing the change that happens in these people's lives!
Pros
This job gives me a sense of fulfillment, because I am helping people.
Cons
There is no pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teen Challenge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6