Job Description: Teens Act is 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to empower under-resources students to obtain a postsecondary education. Please visit our website www.teens-act.org for more information.
- Further develop and implement an outreach plan to recruit, interview, and retain interns and mentors from BYU, UVU, SLCC, the U and other institutions by closely working with PR interns at each university.
- Coordinate the implementation of the program at assigned high schools by setting up an evaluation process, communication tools, and necessary resources.
- Assist the Managing Director and PR interns to develop, establish and maintain marketing materials and strategies to meet organizational goals.
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience in grant writing and building sponsorship
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, or working with at-risk youth is a plus
- Being able to communicate in both English and Spanish
- Being able to commune to schools on a weekly basis
- Be able to attend the VISTA training from August 6 – 9 in Los Angeles, California (all
expenses are covered by the state agency)
Compensation & Benefits
- Estimated living allowance of $10692 for 12 months or average $891 a month pre-tax at the
end of year of service
- The VISTA can choose an Education Award ($5550) or End of Service Cash Stipend ($1500),
- Health Coverage
- Relocation Allowance
- Subsidized Childcare
Selected candidates will be required to submit paperwork by June 24th. Position begins the first week of August.
Indeed - 22 months ago
Teens Act. Teens Act, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping under-resourced high school students gain access to...