Teichert Construction

Teichert Construction Employee Reviews

Teichert is a great place to work as when I was employed by them I really enjoyed my job.
Head of Small Tools (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Just a great place to work
Cons: I have nothing to say bad about this Company
I enjoyed all my the people in management, also my fellow workers as everyday I really enjoyed coming to work.I found that most of their employies to be very helpful and also very nice. As a typical day there was very easy going and my most enjoyable part of my job was working with Boss as we both got along great together.
Fun workplace
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 16, 2015
As an intern, there were tasked found every day to keep me busy and learn the how the company runs in the office and out on the field.
Good company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good wages & benifits
Cons: winter time layoff
Good company to work for good benefits good people typical day was a 10hr.day I learned a lot running equipment management was very helpful
Very good pay and lodging
MECHANICAL SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee), Santa Paula, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: apartment walking distance to beach in oxnard, c.a.
Cons: lots of extra work for me because they used laborers instead of pipe fitters
Had I have known about the first two fatalities kept from me during the contract negotiations I would have declined the position and when they killed the third on a time and material project I ask for a one way ticket home!
Very good company to work for
Office Administrator/Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 3, 2013
Job Costing, payroll, contract management.
Great team to work with. Gave you goals and verified your results. Let you work on your own within their guidelines.
good work, bad people
Laborer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 1, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: horrible work atmostphere, rude
the work was hard but i didn't mind it ... the people there were the worst part. no one listened, there was no respect, they treated everyone with low respect and made it seem like everyone was exspendable..
Excellent place to work
Construction Safety Officer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2013
Excellent company to work for. Good management, co-workers, and support staff.
would go home feeling unsatified with the days accomplishments
Cement Mason (Former Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: company truck, no wear on my vehicle
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
A day at Tiechert was, for the most part rough, we didn't have proper management in place so I learned to over come that and learn on my own.
My co-workers were understanding with the lack of management and together we would finish the task at hand.
Hardest part of the job would of been the misdirection we would receive from management. and the most enjoyable would have to of been the compensation.
productivity, asphalt , paving, construction, no ping pong !
Lead Man, Asphalt Paving (Former Employee), Davis, CaliforniaJune 30, 2013
Pros: retired with 31 years in construction
Cons: not many breaks, work through lunches, ate on the go !
worked in asphalt , many hours a day with a great crew, every day was a learning experience weather it was on the job, or in the office. heat extremely hot not to mention the weather outside. most enjoyable, finishing the projects that were record breakers . tonnage jobs
good work place
operator/ foreman (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: union benefits
Cons: low work
I am third generation at teichert went from labor to foreman
i learned how to run all equipment, left to start own company.
good people to work very profesional and productive
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 31, 2012
Pros: good people & excellent pay
Cons: i didnt like the wintr time layoff
I leaned how to cut grade & fine tune my opaerating abilities onvarious types of equipment.
Great company to work for
Field Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Woodland, CAAugust 31, 2012
Pros: great management
It was a great compay to work for. Healthcare benefits 401 k paid time off and knowledgeable co workers
I injoyed working for this company
Head of small tools (Former Employee), Rocklin Cal.July 17, 2012
This Company is a very good place to work i wish i still worked for them today
Productive and beneficial working environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 5, 2012
Pros: i had the same schedule every week.
Cons: it was a long commute from my house.
As an office assistant, I would come in to work and answer phones and greet people at the front door. I helped project managers and estimators with paperwork and entering data into computers and also estimating amounts of products needed to perform construction tasks. I also prepared invoices to be paid and opened mail to be distributed to the proper person. Very little supervision was needed. Had meetings with my manager once a week to discuss what I was working on and what needed to be changed or done differently to benefit the growth of the company. The hardest part of the job was working 9 hours a day while I am still in college. I really enjoyed socializing and helping all my coworkers. I have learned a lot from this job.
Great history over one hundred years. Awesome training programs.
Lead Man, laborer (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 14, 2012
Pros: safety training, supplies, equipment, and great people.
Cons: physicly demanding to body, summer heat.
A typical day starts at the warehouse loading trucks with tools and misc. supplies including water,ice,safety equip. Great setup for their employees. Most of my construction knowledge came from Teichert. Management was the best i personally ever worked with, office and job sites. Most co-workers were great with a few exceptions. Hardest part would be the summer heat, paving freeways, and concrete. We had a great safety record while was active with Tiechert. The most fun and enjoyment was seeing accomplishment on the job sites, and picnics, softball, holiday parties my wife and kids loved going. A private owned company that cares about family and your future.
Great Opportunity
Skilled Laborer / Cement division (Former Employee), Turlock, CAMay 1, 2012
Pros: christmas party
Cons: 60 hr. weeks
A great experience and opportunity to meet other hard working family men that know what needs to be done in almost any given situation. The crews work well together and the Supervisors are pretty understanding, for the most part.I learned that hard work was rewarding in itself, but 24$ an hr. helps.
great company to work for
cement mason (Former Employee), Woodland, CAApril 26, 2012
Pros: great company
Cons: they layoff for winter
ive worked for teichert construction years ago and would like to return if possible this year.