TEK

TEK Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Systems/Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 7, 2014
received work through web services and correct issues
learn the inter working of cisco
nice place to work
Database Developer/BI Developer and DBA (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 26, 2014
nice place to work and recommend it and i was responsible for the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the Database infrastructure which includes the daily backups, optimization, performance tuning, patching, securing, monitoring, capacity planning, DB creation and User Access Request (UAR) implementation.
contracting company
IT Support Desk Corporate Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 21, 2014
Pros: help with finding employment
Cons: contracting jobs can be temporary
contracting company. Great for contracting into a company and possibly getting hired on full time
TEK Review
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 2, 2014
Pros: pay rate
Cons: short term contracts
Great consultanting company, but jobs are short-term but pay compensates for that usually.
Constant travel
Clinical IT Consultant and Educator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GeorgiaMay 19, 2014
Pros: fun travel opportunity
Cons: too much travel
Great company to work for at the time. Enjoyed learning the many Electronic systems.
IT Global Service Desk (Former Employee), Warren, MIMarch 16, 2014
Pros: excellent breaks.
Cons: health insurance a little too high.
I would like in the future to work for Tek Systems. Excellent place to work.
Great agency
Business Analyst / QA Tester (Former Employee), Melville, NYMarch 13, 2014
Wonderful agency to work for. Reps are kind and dedicated and great with communication.
It was a good experience
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: advancement
It was a good experience. Management was good. I learned a lot about systems and how to move forward.
Productive workplace and challenging customer service needs
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: feedback was welcomed
Cons: feedback was used against fellow employees
A typical day at work was very enjoyable in meeting/being there for the customers needs. I learned that working for someone's client was difficult as the battle became he said/she said and vice versa. I also found it was tough to know who was managing what and how much of a role I played in whether I got hired or not. My co-workers were mostly pleasant – more... to work with. The hardest part of the job was not knowing how my performance directly related to customer service as when I would ask the customer what they thought of me and I never heard a negative thing and what I actually heard the day of termination. – less
Data and Investment Analysis
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: excellent challenge to create automated software trading programs
Analysis of Real Estate Investments, Computer Modeling, Automated Trading Decision Analysis. Running 450 accounts and 8000 software trading programs (Expert Advisors) simultaneously.
Extremely fast paced environment, very diversified culture, most enjoyable role ever in my professional career.
Business Analyst / Scheduler / Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: availibity to work remotely if needed, enjoyable work environment, cafeteria and restaraunts within had great food, and food days!
Cons: 40 min. drive to and from onsite location, however really not much of a con, just had to leave earlier and get home later
Typical day to day:

• Plan, build, Schedule, and Maintain Projects Utilizing Primavera P6 for Systems IT Development as well as Research and Development Projects (R&D)

• Work with Program level Leadership, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators to Identify resources, via Roles & Skillset for their perspective assignments within project & Primavera, – more... and systematically assign them via Interim cyber sourcing system

• Conduct Project Inception Planning meetings to establish relationships between projects related activities, milestones and deliverables.

• Obtain labor estimates from project resources to complete activities and work breakdown structures (WBS)

• Scope identification

• Creating project scope documentation, supporting scope, execution and deliverables of project utilizing Visio.

• Maintain Interim project tracking and reporting systems (Lotus Notes)

• Track project financial health & funding

• Create & produce reports for program sponsoring executive leadership, as well as project management, for budget, resource time logging, schedule status, weekly labor costs, project forecasting etc. leading the overall health of the project(s)

• Primavera weekly status updating & maintenance

• Attend / engage in State Farm Leadership level development center (DC) meetings

• Attend / engage weekly project team meetings (Onsite & Remotely)

• Attend / engage in State Farm program specific meetings

• Attend / engage with State Farm highly developed IT Release Team

• Attending Interim Planner Advisory Group Meetings

• Analyzing, accepting, and rejecting resource time sheet submissions to ensure of proper project time charging within assigned responsibilities, activities and Work Breakdown Structures

• Allocating/ assigning resources to proper aligning time reporting activities and Work Breakdown Structures

• Assist Project Managers and Project Coordinators with overall project coordination,

as well as, the coordination of deliverable approvals & acceptances within projects

• Direct and assist PM to bring project to an orderly close

• Maintain multiple projects

• Identify, maintain, and status Cross project Dependencies across multiple development centers and projects.

• Work directly with PMO office to ensure of proper coding for rollup reporting to State Farm IT release team

• Meet the expectations of project(s) solution development methodology (SDM)

• Create Project Glossary(s)

• Many more role and skillset related responsibilities available upon request

• Maintain a combined total budget of $6 Million dollars across all projects assigned

Lessons Learned:
A whole new side of professional project management in a very large successful corporate environment. Overall functionality in a very complex ground up build IT development, in such a vast corporate environment, the structuring within, and the methodology associated with the such.

Management:
Words cannot express enough the team work, the helpfulness, and the overall leadership in such a huge Enterprise IT development.

Co-workers:
Everyone I had the pleasure to work with on my project teams as well as within my DC (development center), were wonderful, very hard working, friendly, and I can honestly say it was a pleasure meeting & working with each and everyone of them.

Hardest part of the job:
Clarifying levels / terminology of development & testing from one development center to another in a ground up IT Build infrastructure, as terminology and deliverables varied widely across 10 development centers.

Most enjoyable part:
The people I met, the relationships built, the aggressive teamwork conveyed, and the cultural diversity. – less
Tek Systems
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Mahwah NJDecember 4, 2013
Pros: they care about their employees
Cons: healthcare was very expensive, no paid holidays or days off
Worked with them briefly though had great experience with Max S who was my direct contact their and was placed at another company for them. He was overall easy to get along with and explained the job in detail. Whenever I needed him for any questions he made sure they were fully explained
Very good job, just not permanent
Copper and Fiber Optic Cable Contractor (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 20, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: commute
With technical skills already learned, this was a very good job, just didn't last long.
Temp agency
HELP DESK (first level) (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 7, 2013
great temp agency with good values and employee considerations.
Was a fun first job
Technician (Former Employee), Haddonfield, NJOctober 24, 2013
Company was small and was eventually sold to the larger Independent Alarm Distributors
It is ok to work for TekSystems
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Appleton, WIOctober 6, 2013
Seems the longer I work for them the less they kept in touch... and slower they got in responding to concerns.
Manager
Helpdesk/ Deployment Analyst (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 29, 2013
Great place to work, excellent benefits, and a great place to grow and learn.
100%
Software Analyst (Former Employee), VenezuelaJuly 16, 2013
Is really good company with really good benefits and opportunities to work, the People are amazing
A great experience.
Computer/Networking Technician (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAJune 22, 2013
Pros: far to many to list.
Cons: the contract ended.
A very amazing experience opening a whole new four story hospital addition. Huge servers, hundreds of computer, fax machines, printers, etc. Very valuable knowledge and one of the greatest jobs I've had. I was very, very, very thankful to have been a part of a project that size and took away so much knowledge and experience.
Excellent IT sourcing company
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Ocean City, MDMay 9, 2013
Was a contract employee for a company that hired me on full time. They were very knowledgeable, courteous and efficient with regard to addressing any needs. Regularly they checked up on me to make sure "I" was happy where I was at. I have referred many people to them.

About TEK

NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, – Read more