TekStream Solutions is seeking a Lead Oracle DBA who is an expert who understands the technical aspects of Oracle Databases and eBusiness Suite in great depth, specifically 11g/10g databases and EBS R12. The Oracle DBA will work with development teams, DBA team and infrastructure teams to ensure that the client’s usage of Oracle is always optimal and that the available tools and technologies are identified and used appropriately. The client is willing to pay for relocation and provide sponsorship. However, candidates must currently live in the US.
Provides architecture planning, installation, configuration, administration, support and general consulting to the development teams for the existing Oracle EBS environments. Supports large EBS implementations and ensures high availability of the application. Collaborate with Application and Infrastructure teams for adherence to best practices and process standardization.
Strategy & Planning
- Plan, and schedule the installation and testing of new products and improvements to current systems.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Establish standards for the technology including identification of appropriate uses for all options within the Oracle eBusiness Suite technology stack.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems, EBS application technologies, to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Develop methods and processes for integrating different products so they work properly together.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Participate in regional and worldwide projects (deployments).
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to successfully accomplish a project.
- Provide technical specifications for application enhancements.
- Participate in application customizations and extensions.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on Oracle products, tools, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Monitor the systems development activities as they relate to the Oracle EBS development effort.
- Perform quality assurance & design review functions for all projects where the technology will be utilized.
- Work with Developers, System and Network administrators in a multinational environment to support and improve system performance and stability.
- Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to representatives from the customer/vendor.
- Establish and calculate optimum values for database parameters.
- Mentor and coach entry-level database administrators.
- Work with vendor technical support to facilitate analysis of and resolution to technical issues.
- 10+ years IT experience.
- 10+ years experience in the entire Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications environment.
- Experience with implementing and supporting Oracle Data Guard, Oracle RAC, and ASM.
- Extensive experience in EBS implementation or support, in-depth knowledge of different phases of EBS implementation lifecycle.
- Experience with Installation/Upgrade/Patching with eBusiness Suite and Databases.
- Strong technical expertise and functional exposure to Oracle eBusiness Suite (R12/11i).
- Experience with DataGuard running on Linux is preferred.
- In-depth Knowledge of Oracle Demantra and Advanced Supply Chain Planning is a plus.
- Strong expertise in Oracle Database and EBS Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux platform.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced database administration and management techniques.
- Extensive experience in working with customers to build and formulate business requirements
- Experience in developing documentation, white papers and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Exposure to Oracle OBIEE, Informatica, SSO, OIM, ODI, Weblogic server is a plus.
- Exposure to other RDBMS systems such as MySQL and SQL*Server would be a plus.
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Oracle 10g/11g Administration is desirable.
- Certification in Oracle 10g/11g RAC Administration is desirable.
TekStream Solutions is a Consulting Services organization with Recruiting and Delivery expertise around Oracle and Open Source Technologies including BPM, Enterprise Content Management, Enterprise Portal, Web Strategy and User Experience Design.
Indeed - 20 months ago
TekStream Solutions is a nimble Atlanta-based technology company specializing in the sales, deployment, resourcing and service of the Oracle...