Solutions Enterprise Architect (Contract or Consultant) SOA / .Net
TekStream Solutions is in search for an Enterprise Architect to join a consulting firm on a critical project supporting the validation of application technology architecture used within a Federal organization.
The Analyst shall propose a target application technology and will work with customer to develop a mission-critical, maintainable and achievable enterprise architecture.
The selected Architect will develop pragmatic solution that balances strategic and tactical concerns as well as drive the adoption and implementation of the SOA governance processes and architecture design.
Day to Day activities could include:
- Develop models to help identify and architect services
- Define charge back models and cost models for recovery of cost
- Define guidelines for how to architect and implement services
- Define service naming conventions
- Define a service taxonomy and metadata that needs to be managed
Hands-on experience as a solution analyst for large-scale projects and communication skills to articulate, rationalize and document architectural decisions.
Solid Experience with “loosely-coupled” SOA architecture components including Enterprise Service Bus, Service Registry and Service Repository based architectures.
- Superior data gathering skills
- Superior presentation skills
- Must be able to speak technically with developers and architects
A technology background with the following is helpful but not required.
- Background in web systems development, preferably Microsoft ASP.NET
- Background or familiarity in systems operations, including Linux
- Preferably has developed system architectures in the past, and seen those architectures through implementation
- Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture methodologies, Web Services, ReST, JSON
Familiar with (or preferably have hands-on experience with) the following:
- Operating Systems e.g. Windows and Linux
- Database Platforms e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres etc.
- Middleware/Application Servers e.g. Microsoft, JBOSS, Tomcat etc.
- Web Servers e.g. IIS, Apache etc.
- User interface technologies e.g. JSP, ASP.NET, PHP, Python, Ruby, Struts etc.
- Business tier coding languages e.g. C#, Java
If you feel qualified, please email us. We look forward to receiving your resume and telling you more about the project.