Tekni-Plex Employee Reviews

Great Place to Learn a new skill
Lamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Tekni Plex was a Great company to learn a new skill from. I enjoyed my time with this company. I would recommend several of my closest friends to apply for work with Tekni Plex.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
Lack of communication skills
Too much work for little pay
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 8, 2016
I had me running two lines on my first day. Hired me to be an extruder operator but had me in production putting egg cartons on a line that was going super fast...
Pros
4 breaks
Cons
Low pay
dead end job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVOctober 18, 2016
When you start they make it seen like it's such a great job, but you soon find out that there is no room for advancement and the pay raises are a joke. If you looking for something to do for experience, or just something to get you by its not bad. Don't expect to make a career out of it. Co-workers overall are great to work with, but you soon find out mostly everyone there is very underpaid. Even some of their best operators complain about being underpaid so that right there should tell you. If you have some kind of degree your experience might not be as bad if you fall into a management position, because the management there now isn't very intelligent to say the least. The place has a lot of potential to be great, but have some very weak links.
Pros
good for experience
Cons
true definition of a dead end job
This place is a joke
Operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton ilOctober 16, 2016
You work here forever and they will put someone in your position paying them more. You have to go to corporate to find out what benefits you have because HR needs to be trained better. Chain of command is a joke. They're al about getting their bonuses in the office and don't care about the workers out on the floor. Health insurance isnt the greatest. And everyone just talks bad about eachother. It's more of a high school drama fest. It's ridiculous! We need better management.
Terrible place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHSeptember 9, 2016
The company seems to be very unorganized. You get hired for one position but get put on another position. One seems to know what is going on. Training is very brief.
Pros
pay check
Cons
training
not a good place
Site Controller (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAJuly 17, 2016
stay away from this company, not a good working environment, no promotion from within, very incompetent executives in key positions as well
Great company to work for
Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJSeptember 18, 2015
Every day is different, either helping out with end user software issues or working on swapping out a users PC (laptop, tablet or desktop). Never knew what each day would bring you but it was fun an challenging at the same time.
Learned how to juggle several tasks/projects at the same time while still keeping the end user in the loop of the status each step of the way.
Pros
The ability to work from home if needed
Cons
Hardly any feed back on your annual review
Fast-Paced Work Enviorment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Come inoo Work Check all Machines Running to Plan Ahead How much Material We need at each Station.

- If not Busy Then In the back with Shipping Loading Truck to speed Process Up,

Maintain a Clean Work environment & Constantly Looking around Plant For any Types of Near-Misses or Potential Threats or Hazards to Workers on Production Floor
Pros
STable Job, Longevity
Cons
Short Breaks
Company working to rebuild
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJOctober 15, 2014
I really wanted to stay with this company but as they were merging positions I found myself faced with duties that were high stress that I had no experience with. I know my limits.
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Not enough staff to handle duties
company with lots of potential
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, NJJune 18, 2012
This is a company with lots of potential but some of its subsidiaries are in great need of new blood, with new ideas.
fun place to work
Corporate Buyer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 5, 2012
not very stressful, but a lot of work to do

high rate of workforce change

401k suspended
Pros
good location
Cons
dynamic workforce
The workplace at the local plant was very good. The people really cared about their job and were very pleasant to work with. The Plant Manager was t
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHMay 9, 2012
I would go out on floor for a couple of hours every day to talk with hourly and salaried workers and try to take care of any problems before the mushroomed into grievance. The management at the plant was very good. We had struggles when corporate decided to downsize us, but we worked together and perservered. The hardest part of the job was terminating and laying off people indefinitely. The part of the job I like the best was learning new systems ie ... SuccessFactors, ADP e-time, Smart Stream, and People Trak.
Pros
co-workers, learning new systems ie... successfactors, adp e-time, smart stream, and people trak
Cons
plant closing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tekni-Plex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6