Teknor Apex Company Employee Reviews

Manufacturing
Senior Procurement Representative (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIAugust 20, 2014
• Review requisitions to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications
• Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered
• Prepare request-for-quotes and e-mail or fax to suppliers
• Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, supplier information records, and price lists
• Compare price quotes, item specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers
• Prepare purchase orders and send them to suppliers via fax, email or internet
• Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
• Track the status of requisitions and orders
• Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take and enter orders, obtain detailed information
• Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems
great place
Human Resource Director (Former Employee), Brownsville, TNApril 9, 2014
fantastic employer, great compensation and benefits, very progressive
A fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brownsville, TNMarch 31, 2014
It's a good place to start off at. I've learned that you must acquire all the knowledge you possibly can because you may be put in a situation in which you must make the decision. The most enjoyable part of my day is my co-workers..
Being Laid Off
Plant Adminstrative Assistant (Current Employee), Leominster, MAJanuary 9, 2013
It has been a great 2 years working at Teknor Apex (previously DSM). Due to the economy and alignment wit their other plants, my position is being disolved. Other than that, I have totally enjoyed working there.