TEKTRONIX

TEKTRONIX Employee Reviews

Great place to work in the 70s and 80s.
Product Engineer for New Products (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJune 2, 2015
Lots of challenges and promotional opportunities.
Good lower and middle management.
Good pay and advancement.
Great products but too long to market.
great place to work
Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMay 25, 2015
Tektronix is a very good place to work. I really enjoyed working there I would consider it my second home.People and benefits were great.
Great employees to work with
Technical Support (Former Employee), PlanoMay 11, 2015
Solid technology growth, good employee benefits. Fair work stability not strong. People are great to work with and can learn from them.
Great culture and people
Material Warehouse Specialist / Demo Prep Tech (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 22, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: They laid me off
Very interesting and diverse working environment and our adjustable work schedule was excellent. Enjoyed learning about test and measurement equipment.
Unprofessional interview process by engineering manager
engineer (Former Employee), beavertonMarch 16, 2015
Very unprofessional of engineering manager, Graham, to fail in notifying interview candidate of change in 7 hour, 2nd interview. Apparently, this is an example of what it would be like to work there and how a sub-par manager at that company treats interview candidates and gets away with it. Of course, luckily his careless actions saved me from wasting my time with that company.
Tektronix: Where they don't know your name
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORMarch 2, 2015
The work is interesting, but management does NOT care about you at all. If you're okay with being overworked with overtime every single day and treated like a slave this is the place for you.
Good Company
Calibration Technician (Current Employee), Billerica, MAMarch 1, 2015
This was a good company to work for. Built and tested 3 different machines while I was there. Very team work mentality and was encouraging to keep doing so.
Great Place to Intern
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: quality mentors, flexible hours
Cons: traffic to get to the office
Great engineering atmosphere, always trying to improve designs. My mentor was very helpful in developing me as an engineer.
Old school company managed by a financial holdings company
ENGINEER (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Old school company. Hierarchy is top-down. Folks are nice but the culture just doesn't lend to effective collaboration. No room for growth and little appetite to train employees. Lots of older (40+) employees here.

The mother company Danaher is a financial holdings company and cares more about squeezing every dollar of profit it can than anything else. This can make working at Tektronix frustrating.
Tek is a company that 100% embraces Lean-Six Sigma principles
Master Black Belt (Sr. Mgr., Re-Engineering) (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Management is completely open to wide ranging changes. It was exciting to work with the Shanghai, China, division. Great work/life balance.
Great company to work for
Calibration Technician III (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2014
During the time I worked with Tektronix, I flourished. I was able to learn new equipment and learn the automation aspect of calibration i was not privileged to before. i really enjoyed my time with them and would definitely work with them again.
My Tektronix Career
End-User support Technician (Former Employee), Beaverton Or.November 9, 2014
Pros: good benifits, great people
Cons: it moving to a less direct it interaction with customers.
During my 16 years work at Tektronix Beaverton I have met so many outstanding people . The Tektronix community was like a home. The time was always challenging and has a great group of people to support me in all my endeavors.
The direct management at Tektronix was always supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of any IT job was keeping up with the changing field. The best part of the job was being able to work directly with my customers. I will always look back on this part of my work career as a very positive part of my life.
high pressure
Technician (Former Employee), Kent, WASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: pressure push for production
Constant pressure and standards were not good enough.
Everybody was afraid of being fired. Five people released just before me. More than 50 people left in the last four years.
Good company to work for.
Production Associate 4 (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 16, 2014
While I like working at Tektronix I like even more the culture and flexibility they offer even more.
Excellent company, cared about the employees, opportunities to advance
Chemical Operations Manager (Former Employee), Forest Grove, ORMay 27, 2014
Pros: good facilities, good people
The challenge of a new day! Was great. Always trying to improve any and all things. Able to expand my knowledge daily and apply that to job criteria. Never put limits on what you can do. Never stop learning.
Management was interesting. Always need to be aware of the big picture, what impact I had in it and how could I meet those goals.
I was able to assemble a very good staff to accomplish the goals of our work areas. They made a fantastic team of overachievers.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with a 24/7 operation and being on call, which they often did. Of course, a couple of years of sub-zero temps and outside plumbing offered challenges as well.
I enjoyed the challenges, always trying to improve the operations, learning to improve my skillset. Always have safety in mind and practice. Be as ready as you can for anything can happen at anytime!
Not people oriented.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2014
Company and brand driven into the dirt after purchase by holding company.
Tektronix was a fun, enjoyable, and safe place to work where they treated their employees with respect and kindness.
Kiln operator (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORDecember 16, 2013
Pros: very respectful to employees, used the honor system, did not have to clock in with a time card, very safety concious, continuous safety training, reward meals and parties for special occasions
Cons: i can't think of any cons. it is a great company.
Tektronix was a wonderful place to work. Everyone was very supportive: management, lead people, and fellow employees. The job I did was very fun and interesting, too. They are very respectful to their employees there. We were allowed to be on the honor system and did not have to clock in with a time card. They were also very concerned with employee safety and required special and on-going safety training.
The hardest part of my job, I think, was having to be there at 6:00 am to start in the morning, but I lived very close, so it was a quick drive, and it was nice to get off early because of starting early. Another challenge was to keep my mind focused and not allow it to wander off during the many hours of repetitive work.
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting into the rhythm of putting the ceramic tiles onto the kiln conveyor belt and taking them off at the other end when they had gone through the firing cycle. I enjoy repetitive work like that and having a goal of completing the job on time and doing a high quality job.
We had nice breaks, too - two fifteen minute breaks and a half hour lunch. Someone from my group would take over the kiln work while I was on my break.
A typical day would be that after arriving in the morning, I would get into my clean-room suit and give the the kilns an overall wipe-down and check all the gauges for the proper readings. The purpose of the kilns was to fire the tiles between printings, so the printers were located right next to the kilns, and after each kiln firing, the parts would go back onto the shelf for the next stage of printing. – more... I would take the first holder of tiles and lay each tile down in rows on the kiln belt. It would take an hour for the firing to be completed and time for them to come out the other end. We had timers to help remind us that it was time, because if someone wasn't there to take them off the belt, they would land on the floor, and they are very delicate and breakable! Sometimes I would run three kilns at once so would be running to get the tiles put on in time and running around the other end to take them off in time! Everyone was very supportive, and if the load got too heavy, I would just call for help, and one of the printers or lead person would come and help me catch up.
Also, when the firing schedule was slow, I would do some inspection of incoming blank tiles and some packaging of them at the end.
The main thing I learned doing this job was to focus and pay attention - not to let my mind wander which can happen when doing a repetitive job. – less
Hell
Calibration Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2013
Pros: nil
Cons: management
Very poor management. Today we found out they closing our location and moving work to other labs. Which was due to managers failure to manage and reach goals.
Company is not family oriented. Formal investigation is now on the way due to mamangers behaviour to employees.
For your own good there is no future with tektronix. Quality is nil. All they want is quantity....which is not what calibration is about.
Please stay far as possible.
East regional has no clue what he is doing....running company to the ground..........just brushing stuff under the rug to make his bonus. Run as fast as you can
Managed marketing and sales of the company. The company evolved from a family to strict corporate culture when purchased
World Wide Value Segment Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Beaverton OROctober 15, 2013
Pros: sales management
Cons: new owners
Worked with all levels of the company, customers and distributors. Learned all aspects of electronic sales. I loved managing sales people and distributors. Hardest part of the job was transition to new ownership.
Operate lean and mean. It takes vision and teamwork, solving problems,truly caring, giving hope and building faith, leadership equals profit
Solder Flow & production line management (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: management support and approreations to solve the problems
Cons: the understanding not everyone let alone management is supportive so i had to win them over.
.My day at work started with verifying every employee was in position and ready to start. I was head of the team, as trainer I made sure every man new his responsibility. I taught them to envision the need and gave them the authority to execute it properly and concisely our team worked like clockwork. We beat the quotas on constant basis. People are inherently lazy without hope of a future. I gave them employment and work, I gave them hope and a future with the company. I am a problem solver and as a MTM specialist to remove bottlenecks was the hardest part of the job. It took management support and we had it.to improve productivity, while maintaining quality of workmanship. In solving problems attitudes changed because I showed a caring attitude. People need to know their supported and the endemic problems that face them every day will be solved.
For me the hardest part of the job was instilling faith and hope in humanity. This was accomplished by keeping my word by following through with real solutions, showing I truly cared and had their best interest at heart. It was not only providing leadership but instilling faith in me and giving them hope by solving the problems.
The part of the job that I enjoyed the most was how our team worked together; it was like magic, a finely tuned clock. I truly owe it all to the management support I received. No man is an island and truly no man pulls himself up by his own bootlaces. We need one another, good men and woman who have a keen sense of what needs to be done. It gives me great pleasure knowing I have grown the profit margin. Gained – more... market share and produced a better workforce equipped with all the tools at their disposal to become the best that they can be. I was shocked to find after reading one year of Harvard Business Report that scientifically my approach works. It builds the best companies. to work for. How would you like your company on that list? In tough times it's so important not to hire but rather assess the capabilities of each employee and within reason expect all to pitch in a take on more responsibility A publicly traded company has to return a profit to stock holders. So removing the things that slow people down and create bottlenecks that can bring any area of an operation to its knees. Solving these endemic issues and others will reduce stress, give people a reason to show up to work; rather than calling in sick. It will build a sense of belonging and instill hope and build faith. .It will lead any company to success with ever increasing market share. Improve the quality and quantity of output. . – less

About TEKTRONIX

Tektronix measures up as a leader in the testing industry. The company, widely known as Tek, is one of the world's largest makers – Read more

TEKTRONIX Salaries