TEKTRONIX Employee Reviews in United States

Great culture and benefits
Key Account Manager / MVS Calibration Sales (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 17, 2016
Tektronix is an icon to the world as a business that created the electronics industry. It is a great company to work for. The salary is lower than industry standard, but the benefits and culture are top notch.
Pros
Gym, Cafeteria, benefits.
Cons
Low salary
fun and healthy work place
Intern/CSR/retail (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 21, 2016
A typical work day would be logging into the computer and checking emails and voicemails. Customers that contacted me needed quotes for calibration on any unit or product they had. Beaverton is the headquarter for tektronix. with that being said any calls made from around the US for tektronix where placed to my location. I would have to find the unit they had and see what location around the US that could calibrate that unit and give the customer a quote for shipping and the price of the calibration. This job is more of an office job. You dont really talk to your co-workers but everyone is always willing to help if someone is stuck. everyone i worked with were nice people.
Good Staff
Calibration Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2015
A typical day involves reviewing the backlog and prioritizing.

I learned different technical disciplines here and about the ISO Standard. Tektronix allowed for several educational opportunities I wish I jumped on.

Management changed once while I was there but the one running the lab when I left was putting in 14 hour days and it showed in the quality of the production.

Friendly work environment, everyone got along.

The hardest part of the job was the travel, some times one could be on the road for months.

Even though the travel was tough, I did enjoy going to places like Montana and Wyoming.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good People
Cons
Excessive Traveling
Loved the people I worked with
service technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 29, 2015
Loved the people I worked with. Worked many hours of OT and never paid for it. Was told by manager that it all works itself out in the end.

Pay was good, Management does not listen to worker bees. HR doesn't care unless you are management.

Laid off, then sent a Appreciation Cert for years worked there.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Management turned backs on you when they lay you off. Many OT hours not paid for.
Excellent work environment, excellent bosses
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 27, 2016
Enjoy working here.
Cool Co workers
Bosses are very good
Challenging work , huge and complex system
Love breaking the application
dead lines are the hardest part
Pros
Very good work environment, very good people, free snacks
Cons
Missing vision for future
They Know what they're doing.
Calibration Technician II (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 17, 2016
They have been doing this long enough to know what to do. They change with the times. Cross training is important to them. Everyone gets a chance to advance.
Pros
Cross training, Benefits, Pay, Advancment
My Tektronix Career
End-User support Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton Or.November 9, 2014
During my 16 years work at Tektronix Beaverton I have met so many outstanding people . The Tektronix community was like a home. The time was always challenging and has a great group of people to support me in all my endeavors.
The direct management at Tektronix was always supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of any IT job was keeping up with the changing field. The best part of the job was being able to work directly with my customers. I will always look back on this part of my work career as a very positive part of my life.
Pros
good benifits, great people
Cons
it moving to a less direct it interaction with customers.
Excellent engineering teams and program manager,
Product Development Technician (Former Employee) –  New Product IntroductionOctober 22, 2015
Both projects with TEK were rather short, but extended until both teams were caught up with side works. My typical work day included building and re/configuring fixtures, ordering parts, inspection of incoming parts, modifying boards and instruments, programming firmware, tracking of the inventory, customer return investigation, thermal testing and gathering the data, and collecting characterization data. My teams and both products managers were appreciative and I will not hesitate accepting new assignment from any of them.
Worked in a clean room cleaning wafers and putting layers of mettle on and seperating the indivual finished chips
Floor sales men (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 1, 2015
No changes as when I worked there before. what more do I need to say. Liked my co-workers, fun to work with. Making things was the most enjoyable part, a finished product
Great place to work in the 70s and 80s.
Product Engineer for New Products (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 2, 2015
Lots of challenges and promotional opportunities.
Good lower and middle management.
Good pay and advancement.
Great products but too long to market.
Work Somewhere else
Calibration Technician V Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton OregonMay 5, 2013
I was promoted to supervisor. My employees make more money than I do. I was promised a raise in April along with being put on the "OPs Bonus". 2 months after my promotion they changed their mind about the OPs bonus and in April I found out they changed thier mind about the raise too. I have an employee that show up at whatever time suits him and whatever days suit him. When I tried a peformance plan, write up, or termination they were all denied. This employee consistantly shows up 2 to 3 hours late. Tektronix will not let me do anything about it because the attrition rate will go up if he leaves. He has had 2 raises and a promotion this year and granted flexible work hours, meanwhile I can't promote a good technician because the budget is not there. Tektronix is all about the numbers, share holders, and upper management bonuses and craps on it's employees that do a good job. You need to be a jerk that shows up late, turns equipment with no reguard for standards, defies your management, and threatens to leave. If you have the criteria listed you will go far at tektronix.
Pros
room for promotion
Cons
i make $26/hour 3 out of 6 of my employees make more than me.
Try to find employment elsewhere.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 16, 2013
Tektronix used to be one of the companies people desired to work for. Since its acquisition by Danaher it has become a company where metrics are valued over people, senior management is not held accountable for poor decision making, and bullying by management has become common-place.
You will be expected to put in extra hours (nights, weekends, holidays), place work before family and "jump when told to jump".
Sadly, Tektronix is a withering giant who is falling behind their competition and has no answer as to what to do.
Pros
occasional access to the nike employee store
Cons
no work/life balance, uncertain future for the company, management prefers to bully employee's toward desired results rather than lead
Used to be great, now like all huge companies (mediocre)
Dallas, TX (Former Employee) –  ManagerNovember 9, 2011
Tektronix was a great company to work for, they managed acquisitions well, treated their staff well, had fair compensation and good strategy and growth in their market. Tek was acquired by Danaher, large operating company. This change in ownership turned Tektronix from a great company into a mediocre part of an enormous company. It still has a lot of great staff and good products but it is not the same.
Pros
many great staff to interact with, many ways to grow your career, good products
Cons
owned by a large operating company (danaher), large company policies/frustrations
Tek is a company that 100% embraces Lean-Six Sigma principles
Master Black Belt (Sr. Mgr., Re-Engineering) (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 24, 2015
Management is completely open to wide ranging changes. It was exciting to work with the Shanghai, China, division. Great work/life balance.
Pros
work/life balance
Great employees to work with
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  PlanoMay 11, 2015
Solid technology growth, good employee benefits. Fair work stability not strong. People are great to work with and can learn from them.
Flexible, good work hours, steady amount of work, good co-workers
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Evendale, OhioJuly 9, 2013
The benefits start on day one of hire. Full medical, dental, vision and life. Hours are good but management is flexible for doctors appointments, emergencies, ect. Steady flow of work and enough fields of calibration to keep you working on different things.
Pros
flexible and good work hours. good benefits
Cons
poor managment
great place to work
Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 25, 2015
Tektronix is a very good place to work. I really enjoyed working there I would consider it my second home.People and benefits were great.
Old school company managed by a financial holdings company
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Old school company. Hierarchy is top-down. Folks are nice but the culture just doesn't lend to effective collaboration. No room for growth and little appetite to train employees. Lots of older (40+) employees here.

The mother company Danaher is a financial holdings company and cares more about squeezing every dollar of profit it can than anything else. This can make working at Tektronix frustrating.
Excellent company, cared about the employees, opportunities to advance
Chemical Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMay 27, 2014
The challenge of a new day! Was great. Always trying to improve any and all things. Able to expand my knowledge daily and apply that to job criteria. Never put limits on what you can do. Never stop learning.
Management was interesting. Always need to be aware of the big picture, what impact I had in it and how could I meet those goals.
I was able to assemble a very good staff to accomplish the goals of our work areas. They made a fantastic team of overachievers.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with a 24/7 operation and being on call, which they often did. Of course, a couple of years of sub-zero temps and outside plumbing offered challenges as well.
I enjoyed the challenges, always trying to improve the operations, learning to improve my skillset. Always have safety in mind and practice. Be as ready as you can for anything can happen at anytime!
Pros
good facilities, good people
Lots of experienced engineer; Friendly and relaxing working environment; Very nice campus; relatively stable benefit.
Senior Software Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 15, 2015
Many experienced engineer to learn from and work with. Plenty things to challenge yourself if you are a self motivator. Nice gym, soccer field and a Starbucks on campus. Benefit is getting worse every year though.

2.9