Tel Hai Retirement Community Employee Reviews

Bad management
Cook/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PADecember 6, 2017
Hard to work with kitchen manager, often was angry and threw boxes. Other employees were very nice and easy to work with. Residents were great and always friendly
Very good environment
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PASeptember 19, 2017
I had a great experience being a tel hai employe. Tel hai was my first job in a nursing home setting and I'm glad I got to experience it, I got a certificate in a feeding class, I got to learn about different disorders and disabilitys and behavioral metal health issues
Pros
Great hours and work environment
Cons
Would like more one on one
Great benefits, nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAJune 16, 2017
Honestly, I love working at Tel Hai. The only reason I'm on this site is because they're cracking down on over time right now. Otherwise, I'd continue picking up extra hours here.
Great company to work for
Occupational Therapist PRN (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAJune 8, 2017
This is a great company with a good work culture for PRN staff. I can not speak much to full time staff but I enjoyed my time there as a PRN therapist
Work was what you made of it.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMay 26, 2017
Management worked with me to get a flexible schedule, and the hours were not bad. Dinner was provided for people who worked in the restaurants. Work was consistent each shift.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Residents
Steady work and job security
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMay 24, 2017
Employer guarantees work and provides opportunities to learn and good training. It is the best option for someone who wants to learn and earn job ethics in the area where it is located. It also offers better wages compared with the other retirement communities.

Additionally, it is a fast pace place and employees are always busy. I would recommend this place as a starting point and as a place to stay if someone wants to have a long lasting and rewarding career in the nursing field.
Pros
Better pay than other nursing homes, good working equipment, nice looking place.
Cons
Not enough staff to finish the assignments on time.
alright place nice residents
LPN (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMay 7, 2017
I enjoyed talking with the residents and helping them .....the state regulations were bad..... that's anywhere........it a nice facility with some great people
Growing Company
Director (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAApril 1, 2017
Tel Hai is a growing company and has many things to offer residents and families. With more than 500 employees, Tel Hai is also always adding more team members.
Overwork low pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAFebruary 3, 2017
The residents is the only good part when working at tei hai the pay is low they Overwork you..employees gossip about each other they treat the residents good but not there employees
Pros
The residents
Cons
Low pay overwork unprofessional
Tel Hai was an exceptional place to work and worked well with the staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PADecember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Tel Hai. The work load got heavy at times due to low staffing. We also had no sick days but other then that I thought it was a very welcoming atmosphere. I got along well with co-workers and everyone seemed to be helpful. If you needed to change your schedule management would work with you.
Pros
lunch directly out of your pay, flexible scheduling, good pay
Cons
understaffed, no sick time
Management, staffing
LPN (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PANovember 23, 2015
High turn over with management. Not enough staffing to properly care for residents. Facility is demoting LPN's to have an all RN staff.
Worried more about a peice of trash on the floor the patient care
CNA (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PANovember 15, 2015
Loved working for the facility but upper management worried more about the "little things" then patient care. Had a supervisor worry more about items being labeled then finding another aide to help when we were understaffed with 9 more residents to go to bed. Dont get sick or else you will get fired.
Pros
co workers
Cons
Don
Short Staffed and Dont get sick
CNA-evening (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PANovember 15, 2015
Worked here and loved the residents. Unfortunately constantly short staffed. 2 aides to 30 residents which most were 2 assists. When asking for help supervisor questioning what you've been doing all night. If you end up sick go to work or you will get fired regardless if your vomiting etc.
Cons
short staffed, Dishonest managment
Enjoyable
Director of Wellness (Current Employee) –  Honey BrookJuly 28, 2015
Tel Hai is a great place to work. My job encompasses a variety of tasks that makes each day different and and rewarding. Tel Hai takes pride in their employees.
very nice place to work
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAJuly 13, 2015
Excellent teamwork. flexible scheduling. Understanding management. Good benefits. Advancement ability. Great Scholarship funds. Very Clean.
Productive work place with elders
Dinning Room Server/Dishwasher Helper (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAJune 18, 2015
- Typical day at work was fun, worth working for

- I learned how to take care of elders, how to prepare food for them. Also take their orders and make them happy

- My co workers were very helpful in helping me with orders and backing me up when I needed help

- The hardest part was losing an elder in this job

- The most enjoyable part was being their for the elders and making sure they got the right care they needed
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
excellent retirement facility
Housekeeper/Dining Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAMarch 23, 2015
Most residents are very appreciated of everyone's jobs. Everyone in different departments came together to please anyone living there.
Tel Hai Retirement Community
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PADecember 18, 2014
Tel Hai is a wonderful place to work with many nice individuals to help. The residents are kind and are willing to help in any matter. Positive atmosphere and a fun place to work!

A typical day in the HCC is volunteers retrieving patients for the Rehab dept. Tel Hai has wonderful LPNs, and CNAs that help us as therapists to make sure our patients are ready on time.

Management works together to make sure that all disciplines are meshing and creating a smooth transition for patients, whether returning home or to a new environment.
Pros
Monthly employee appreciation, Friday ice cream socials
Cons
working holidays
Retirement
Activities Associate (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PASeptember 4, 2014
I enjoyed doing activities with the residents and meeting with their families. I also assisted with their meals and checked their diets.
Wonderful Place, hated leaving
Hospitality Aide (Former Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAApril 1, 2014
I worked at Tel Hai when I was in high school, and it was an amazing job, fun, interesting and great people work there. I left because I needed more hours and money, but if I had been a full time employee, making enough money, I would have stayed much longer than the three years I was there.
Pros
great people, easy going environment