Position Available: Customer Service Billing Specialist - Telecom
Company: TelCon Associates
Overland Park, Kansas
Salary: To be determined based on experience.
Hours: 8:00 - 5:00
TelCon Associates assists customers with their telecommunications needs within their multi-location offices. Requests consist of installing or removing services, repairing or troubleshooting existing services, recommending and coordinating new services, offering cost saving suggestions, and managing telecom bills. The Customer Service Billing Specialist is responsible for opening and analyzing telecom bills, entering billing information into a database in preparation for the payment of the bills, and submitting payment for bills. In addition, the Customer Service Billing Specialist researches and resolves billing errors and responds to internal and external billing information requests.
- Opening and analyzing bills according to procedures.
- Entering billing information into a database for the accurate and timely payment of bills.
- Submitting payments to vendors.
- Completing billing address changes.
- Responding to internal or external billing information requests.
- Running reports to confirm accuracy of the billing process.
- Creating tickets for problem resolution.
- Following up on all activities to ensure complete resolution of billing inquiries and billing problems.
- Working in a team environment to accomplish the above responsibilities.
- Developing and establishing relationships with internal and external customers.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Data entry skills
- Experience meeting daily and weekly deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm under stress and pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Technical aptitude. A telecommunications background is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to a new situation.
- Comfortable making decisions and taking action with limited supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable working within in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
TelCon Associates offers great benefits and provides a comfortable, flexible, work environment in which all employees are encouraged to be involved in the success of the business.