Downtown Washington DC (near Union Station)
Applicants must have valid U.S. work authorization status.
(New H1B sponsorship not available at this time)
- Develops computer applications systems, both web-based and batch processing based. Chooses and utilizes appropriate developmental technologies through all phases of development.
- Utilizes effective planning and reporting techniques, to monitor project progress. Completes projects on time.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using Java/J2EE, design patterns and object-oriented development techniques.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using web frameworks such as Spring, JSF, Struts and ability to research and utilize new ones as necessary.
- Demonstrates proficiency in design and development of application and databases utilizing relational technology.
- Develop requirements and other documentation and RUP artifacts.
- Perform Quality Assurance activities to insure that system enhancements and bug fixes operate according to specifications.
- Develop, document, and run testing scenarios corresponding to changes in each software version.
- Demonstrates proficiency in UNIX scripting
- Experience in the use of a source control system, such as PVCS or SVN.
- At least 10+ years experience in the design and development of applications.
- At least nine years in data modeling, data warehousing, distributed processing, utilization of tools for data modeling and logical and physical database design, software integration and/or security issues and techniques.
- At least seven years experience which includes the evaluation or comparison of various technologies (e.g. client/server, multi-tiered architectures, database architectures and structures, etc.) and their appropriateness for a wide variety of business requirements.
- At least five years experience performing software integration of complex systems.
- At least four years experience developing high level issue, scope and systems definition papers.
- At least four years experience working with users in the development and/or delivery of systems.
- At least four years experience evaluating or employing various local or wide-area network architectures is required.
- At least four years experience in multi-platform technologies.
- At least two years experience with current network, development and database architectures and technologies.
- At least two years experience with Internet/Intranet protocols and web server technologies if required.
- At least two years experience developing systems architectures.
- At least two years experience as a technical leader and/or supervisor of software engineering or computer professionals as required.
Indeed - 18 months ago
For over 25 years we have provided information technology solutions, including network infrastructure and communications solutions, for...