Telamon Corporation Employee Reviews

good place to work
Family Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJanuary 13, 2017
really enjoyed the time I was employed with this company. my co-worker and I worked as a team which made it a place you look forward to work every day. we had a lot of responsibilities but team work was the key to a successful year.
Pros
experiance with head start program
Cons
short term program.
Telamon Corp
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap,TNDecember 19, 2016
Great company to work. Director of my center was great to work under. The atmosphere of the job was great. The schedule is great, Monday through Friday 7:30-4:00. I loved working with the children and their families. The hardest part is the language barrier.
I dont recommend working for Telamon
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 3, 2016
Horriable management and they make promises they will not keep and very stressful environment . They treat you like you are children and talk about you behind your back .
Pros
Benefits for Full-time
Cons
Short breaks, not much training, and treated like children
Horrible culture
Just another employee (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2016
The HS Director is a rookie supervisor who is in over her head and she knows it but will step on anyone to avoid looking bad to her superiors. She values power over people and rules with fear. Staff are afraid to speak up because they don't want to lose their job. They have seen so many qualified people come and go and have learned not to trust anyone and therefore do not waste time in investing in working relationships.
The atmosphere is divisive and toxic. Promotions are only for those who are friends with the HS Director so if you don't make it in the circle, there's no chance for growth and if you disagree with her and her cronies, you will be let go shortly after, it's only a matter of time. If you want to learn how to lie and work by watching your back everyday then this is the place for you. If you have any shred of decency, humanity or professionalism, this IS NOT the place for you. It will kill whatever spirit you have.
Pros
Pay is decent but money is the root of all evil
Cons
Fearful culture/No support/Quick to judge and punish
Poor management practices
Field staff (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 11, 2016
If the Board of Directors do not take a good look at the practices and decisions of the Executive Director (ED) and members of her team, Telamon Corporation will not be in existence in a few years. The Board needs to stop rubber stamping and operate as a Board should. Take a good look at your leadership. Talk to administrative and local staff. Visit the different departments at the corporate office. Most individuals will probably not be forthcoming because of the fear of losing their jobs. Telamon Corporation will continue on a slippery slope if the ED remains in her position.
Benefits
Cons
Organizational culture
DON'T WORK HERE, unless you just want the experience.
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALJuly 7, 2016
The beginning few weeks everything was fine, after that it all went down hill. Upper management, from the program coordinator up, are awful . You cannot advance in the company. Management is completely awful. Recruitment is insane, I was told that I would be trained, I wasnt. I was given a book to read and shown how to complete an application, that was it. I learned by stumbling around and getting yelled at when I made a mistake. I work here for almost a year, 3 weeks shy of a year, I could no longer take being yelled at constantly. Complaining to upper management did nothing! I enjoyed working with my clients, but my program coordinator, my boss, was completely horrid. At first I thought it was a cultural thing, it wasn't. If you like getting yelled at on a daily basis and threats for getting fired or having your office closed, then this job is perfect for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks, no way to advance, horrible management, no training, pretty much everything.
Great Corporation to work for.
Field Service Clerk/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 29, 2016
I enjoyed working with the farm workers. I learned a lot about case management. My co-workers were great. One of the great difficulties was outreaching for documented farm workers in the area.
Pros
Interacting with customers.
love the work - horrible atmostphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 21, 2016
This non profit does such important work in 12 states. However the management is controlling and still uses punishment a lot - as opposed to supporting individuals to be their best More time spent studying their navels or finding ways to study their navels than support staff to grow and provide excellent services. ED is a micromanager and created such a fearful stressful atmosphere for the the upper level staff, they treat their staff the same way. Just depressing place to work - the connection to people served is the only thing that keeps your hope up. Inconsistent treatment of staff - directors play favorites -probably because the ED does. A typical day in management does not exist - the work is somewhat unpredictable. This is more because of the of the kind of work than the agency. The mid level management staff (between directors and direct line) try really hard to support other staff - but they have to watch their backs as well. Good people burn out - there's only so much beating down you can take.
In general, this agency has so much potential but will never get there with the current leadership. Have no contact with them so have no idea whether the board is aware.
Pros
important and rewarding work supporting people really in need
Cons
scary, hypercritical atmosphere, not enough leave time unless you've been there a long time
Poor management
GED Teacher (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 22, 2016
Management is arrogant and self-serving. Individual employees' experience and expertise are ignored by less educated supervisors whose main goal is to make themselves look good by making employees look bad. The bureaucratic mentality is to maintain their own careers through federal grants while failing to properly serve the clients. In other words, they don't provide the services they claim to provide.
OK to work for
Field Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 8, 2016
Company is growing - thus there are challenges with Employee morale and benefits. Very difficult working atmosphere sometimes. would like to see better communication from HR. HR department is as bad as it gets.
Nice Environment
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 2, 2015
Good employees very respectful and cordial to one another. Polite and willing to assist as needed. Friendly environment
Productive, multi-cultural enviornment
Warehouse Associate I (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 18, 2015
Great work fast paced work environment. Innovative business model and a great learning environment for working for multiple contractors and suppliers.
Challenging and Somewhat rewarding workplace
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 27, 2015
Workforce Development Specialist
Assisting clients with enrolling in training programs, long hours of driving in 20 counties assigned territory recruiting new participants for the National Farm workers Job Training Program, Administrative duties daily.
I learned how to manage and properly run a non-profit organization.
Enhancing the lives of the people I served and improve the communities I served.;the most enjoyable part.
Meeting unrealistic goals set by upper management.hardest part of job.
Co-workers were helpful and informative.
Pros
Building relationship to help clients find and secure jobs
Cons
obtaining unrealistic goals, lack of help in office
good place to start for a fresh graduated student
Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  indianapolisJuly 11, 2015
I love to work here, I have learned lots of new things here.
People in this company are very nice. my supervisor was very nice to out whole team.
Awesome place to work for
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 9, 2015
You get to learn so much new stuff and so many new software. The people are very nice and helpful. I work as a finance intern and assist the Finance Manager in budgeting and forecasting.
If your looking for long term employment, you have that opportunity with this company
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 15, 2015
I like the company overall, but it lacks in enforcing policies and/or rules. It operates as a Mom & Pops business, to many family and friends, needs to clean house on the ones who does not show up everyday, does not produce, and does not follow the rules, especially cell phones./ Also the pay is not up to par, it needs to be over haul also. If they would assign a lead person to each machine and pay them 50 cents more per hour and hold them responsible for quality parts, then they would not be on probation with Cummins Engines., The job assignments are not difficult, most co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Every quarterly meeting free lunch, Earn paid hours off, free bottled water everyday, Profit sharing
Cons
Health benefits, low pay
Work climate very stressful
Education Disabilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 30, 2015
The work environment is very stressful and the management/employee relationship extremely unpleasant. The advancement is limited and again leadership is unpleasant. I found the environment to be a negative climate.
Great place to work if you are willing to learn at a fast pace
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 15, 2015
Consisted of meetings and lots of interaction with co-workers. Most work was discussed then delegated accordingly. The delegated work would be joined together by the team lead, who would then present it to the executives.
Very Productive Company
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAMay 11, 2015
I Loved working for this company they give you the opportunity to grow and learn new things. The staff was friendly and never has a problem with them. Assisted on all duties assigned to me on a daily base. I worked as a Youth Counselor and was in charge of payroll. Assisted about 20-30 youth in job finding and job training. This position was a temp position offered by the government.
Career
Housing Director (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2015
The Agency provided growth and advancement for me during a time when many federal organizations were just beginning the move towards the advancement of women. I learned about the lending and mortgage financial environment in the agricultural and single family housing area.

the most enjoyable part of the job was working with low and very low income families become successful homeowners.
Pros
stability and security
Cons
male dominated industry while I was there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telamon Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8