Telamon Corporation Employee Reviews

Okay place to work. Depends on local management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 10, 2017
Bullying by upper management.Working there was stressful. Nothing positive shared with staff. Favoritism was shown by upper management.Great team work among teachers and family services.
Pros
Teachers are team players
Cons
Lot of bullying- managerment
No Career Advancement
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCDecember 6, 2017
What you get is what you get! Basically they were no raise involved, poor management! Even though you're the instructor, she micro manage everything! It is either the director way or no way! She is very disrespectful and she only thinks about herself. She is barely there, and it is a lot of pressure on one person. Then, you have to travel to another site. Its the worst place I've ever worked honestly. I've hold my peace so much at this job until the way I felt came out all at once!
Nice work environment
Secretary/ DataEntry (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Suttons Bay, MINovember 26, 2017
Good place to work because most of the co-workers have the same spirit. The organization core values are well defined.
They need to review training procedures for new employees and give more flexibility to attend. I have learned how Non profits work and different tools used. The most enjoyable part or the work is working with farm workers and their families, you get to learn a lot of these people. The hardest part of the work was the commute to a different location from where I live.
The company needs to review the salaries and compensations.
Pros
Working with farm workers and their families
Cons
low salary
Amazing company, but poor managment
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Keeler, MINovember 20, 2017
After looking around other companies I realized this company is amazing. They pay very well and are very encouraging in getting all employees to return to work. The only problem is the management. The management will ignore hardworking people and bend over backwards for workers that make problems just to keep them at bay.
Pros
Awesome company
Cons
Managment
Seasonal
Daycare Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Conklin, MIOctober 31, 2017
Center director is very rude and disrespectful to staff and families just because families don’t understand her she takes advantage of that and is rude families that have their children go to that daycare are Spanish speaking only and the center director only speaks English of course the staff that are translating will not tell the family what the center director is saying
Pros
The kids are amazing
Cons
Center director is very rude and disrespectful to the families
Poor Management
Preschool/Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hart, MIOctober 18, 2017
I took this job because I wanted to help migrant families, and I genuinely cared about helping them with their children. I was very disappointed, because there were people in upper level management that didn't have the passion for helping the families. They seemed to be on a power-trip, and were all about being in control of the budgets, when there was plenty of funding available. It was sad because we had so many families in need of services.
Pros
Working with great children and families
Cons
Poor management
Good place
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCOctober 8, 2017
Excellent place that support farmworker people providing counseling to get a better job. returned school. Finished High School and continue education.
Good work enviorment
Lead Supervisor on (AT&T Managed Project) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Enjoyed working with people from all over the country. They have many different locations all over the country that closely deal with one another. Overall a very strong moral is found in this company.
needs help
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 5, 2017
Telamon could be a great company. However, the low pay within their small cell assembly could use a pay bump. The starting salary does not reflect the location in Carmel
Great place to obtain skills and advance in education.
Heath & Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mears, MISeptember 1, 2017
Great place to get motivated and aspire for greater education. They offer to help pay for part of your education to improve your career. Would and have recommended to friends.
Benefits
Cons
Seasonal
Stressful atmosphere with no guidance
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCAugust 12, 2017
This company only looks at numbers and their goals they met for year without caring about their employees. It is suppose to be a migrant and seasonal farm worker program but they do not really serve true migrant and farm workers. There's no training to specific job and top level complains about numbers to lower level. Not a family atmosphere that they claim to be. Would recommend this company.
Pros
No pros in this company
Cons
Company doesn't care about their employers. Only in getting numbers
Okay Job without all of the stress
Center Aide & Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCAugust 7, 2017
I overall liked my job with Telamon Corporation. I enjoyed being around the children and picking up on some Spanish words. I however didn't appreciate being lied on and told this and that and then to come out it was all lies being told.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
too much stress
Job not worth it
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap, TNJuly 31, 2017
Telamon is not a good place to work for!! I wouldn't recommend this job for anyone. They basically only like people who are stuck up and Brown nose. That is all that want!! It doesn't matter if you work well with children or not. Some people were friendly but only a few. The director was unfriendly and a rare individual. It's sad but it seems like all Head Starts are this way!! It should be based on if you are great with children and not at how well you suck up to others!! Stay clear of this place!! It's not with it!!
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything else
Team work
Center Aide (Former Employee) –  Hartford, MI 49057July 19, 2017
Its a company where you are offered several opportunities to grow your education in child development. Great team work reference and support. It was always a pleasure going in to work in the mornings. Staff was always in a great mood in greeting everyone. I learned so many things about team work and children's rights no one ever had a clue about. It was always a god job management very flexible in our needs as staff. I really love their no culture or religious free zone, everyone was accepted no matter what race or skin color you was.
The hardest part about the job was the goodbye after the work season was over. As a staff member you cant control feelings and it was hard to say good bye to the students and coworkers. The most enjoyable part was to be able to see how our students would grow from day to day. Their smiles and accomplishments every day.
Pros
flexible hours, several breaks and many staff activities
Cons
seasonal job, same yearly trainings
Assisting Seasonal or migrant farmworker.
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 13, 2017
Every day was different, One you are doing outreach in the community or in the country from one end of SC to the mid of SC. Could be doing follow up on client if they are working and help them find job. Calling employer if the client is working. Doing case note. Another day you could be interviewing potential client for the program. I learn new way to do outreach, what employer want in worker, new system. Seeing how the farm worker live and work. Finding jobs for the client and or sending them to school or college.
Pros
feeling good you help a person find a job.
Cons
need a College degree.
Great place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knightdale, NCJune 15, 2017
I love the job, the atmosphere, and being able to teach children. They give lots of trainings on teaching skills and how to do better in the classroom.
Pros
Good people, great with different cultures, and training.
Cons
Needs better healthcare insurance and need annual raises.
productive and safety work place
Workforce Development Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 14, 2017
The hardes part of the job was interview people who came from Haiti, Iran, Kenya, IRAK, Affrica, Itriria, who spoke SOMALI, I had have to find someone to translate for me to better communicate with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people to get nutrition (Food) for their families.
very stressful
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 6, 2017
worked really hard with no recognition. no time off for sick or vacation . The only good thing was the ability to work from home, which you could do anywhere.
Pros
some of the people were niceand working from home
Cons
people were afraid of getting laid off because they were mostly contractors
Over view of Work
FAMILY SERVICE SPECIALIST 1 (Former Employee) –  Roseboro, NCMay 30, 2017
A typical work day is taking attendance of the children and following up if they are not in the center and conducting home visits. I learned how to work with multicultural parent and how to better understand their beliefs. We actually managed the children and their health documentation and run the reports for needed information for the corporate office but we had supervisors as well who over seen our input of information. I would think the hardest part of the job would be the work load with limited time and resources. But the most enjoyable part would be working with the families for a better future and making the difference in their lives.
Telamon was a work experience only
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAMay 29, 2017
Telamon Corp was only a work experience, for only a short time. Just like a training for a non profit organisations. I loved it. But I could only do it till my time with the company expired or I got hired by the Dept. of Labor witch was not going to happened because of the freeze, even dough they wanted me to stay working for them. My job there was to help put the new jobs in the computer data base and screen the new applications for a job referral.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telamon Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9