Telamon Corporation Employee Reviews

Upper Management has no clue!
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 7, 2017
I thought the company had great benefits but there is no communication between staff and management. You will get several different people telling you how to do the same exact thing and get reprimanded when you do not follow directions. Staff is there only to make managers look better. Turnover for staff is high, turnover for management not that much. It is all in who you know as to how you get raises and promotions. No one wants your opinion because it does not matter.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Management, Raises. Promotions
Horrible culture
Just another employee (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2016
The HS Director is a rookie supervisor who is in over her head and she knows it but will step on anyone to avoid looking bad to her superiors. She values power over people and rules with fear. Staff are afraid to speak up because they don't want to lose their job. They have seen so many qualified people come and go and have learned not to trust anyone and therefore do not waste time in investing in working relationships.
The atmosphere is divisive and toxic. Promotions are only for those who are friends with the HS Director so if you don't make it in the circle, there's no chance for growth and if you disagree with her and her cronies, you will be let go shortly after, it's only a matter of time. If you want to learn how to lie and work by watching your back everyday then this is the place for you. If you have any shred of decency, humanity or professionalism, this IS NOT the place for you. It will kill whatever spirit you have.
Pros
Pay is decent but money is the root of all evil
Cons
Fearful culture/No support/Quick to judge and punish
Poor management practices
Field staff (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 11, 2016
If the Board of Directors do not take a good look at the practices and decisions of the Executive Director (ED) and members of her team, Telamon Corporation will not be in existence in a few years. The Board needs to stop rubber stamping and operate as a Board should. Take a good look at your leadership. Talk to administrative and local staff. Visit the different departments at the corporate office. Most individuals will probably not be forthcoming because of the fear of losing their jobs. Telamon Corporation will continue on a slippery slope if the ED remains in her position.
Benefits
Cons
Organizational culture
I dont recommend working for Telamon
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 3, 2016
Horriable management and they make promises they will not keep and very stressful environment . They treat you like you are children and talk about you behind your back .
Pros
Benefits for Full-time
Cons
Short breaks, not much training, and treated like children
DON'T WORK HERE, unless you just want the experience.
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALJuly 7, 2016
The beginning few weeks everything was fine, after that it all went down hill. Upper management, from the program coordinator up, are awful . You cannot advance in the company. Management is completely awful. Recruitment is insane, I was told that I would be trained, I wasnt. I was given a book to read and shown how to complete an application, that was it. I learned by stumbling around and getting yelled at when I made a mistake. I work here for almost a year, 3 weeks shy of a year, I could no longer take being yelled at constantly. Complaining to upper management did nothing! I enjoyed working with my clients, but my program coordinator, my boss, was completely horrid. At first I thought it was a cultural thing, it wasn't. If you like getting yelled at on a daily basis and threats for getting fired or having your office closed, then this job is perfect for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks, no way to advance, horrible management, no training, pretty much everything.
our team was awesome and supervisor was hands on.
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 5, 2016
I started at Telamon as a Field service rep and after 8 months were promoted to workforce development specialist in the youth program. The entire staff including the supervisor was awesome to work with. The supervisor was hands on, fighting for her people. It was upper management that did not have a clue. We lost the youth program in January and while our entire staff were mourning the lost of the program, basically upper management was telling us to suck it up, it was best for everyone. Upper management needs sensitivity training when dealing with employees in the field.
Pros
Excellent tsamwork in the field offices
Cons
Upper Management ignorance and the uncertainy of programs funded by grants
good place to work
Family Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJanuary 13, 2017
really enjoyed the time I was employed with this company. my co-worker and I worked as a team which made it a place you look forward to work every day. we had a lot of responsibilities but team work was the key to a successful year.
Pros
experiance with head start program
Cons
short term program.
Telamon Corp
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bulls Gap,TNDecember 19, 2016
Great company to work. Director of my center was great to work under. The atmosphere of the job was great. The schedule is great, Monday through Friday 7:30-4:00. I loved working with the children and their families. The hardest part is the language barrier.
Poor management
GED Teacher (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 22, 2016
Management is arrogant and self-serving. Individual employees' experience and expertise are ignored by less educated supervisors whose main goal is to make themselves look good by making employees look bad. The bureaucratic mentality is to maintain their own careers through federal grants while failing to properly serve the clients. In other words, they don't provide the services they claim to provide.
Great Compensation, Questionable Work Culture
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2014
I learned a great deal during my time with Telamon. It was challenging, and I gained important skills and knowledge that I will always carry with me. I can honestly say that I am a better person for having worked here; however, the stress to go along with it almost killed me. There was no such thing as work/life balance. I had to give everything to the job, so after 10-12 hour days, I had nothing left to give my family. Upper management will gladly accept any praise that paints them in a positive light but when something goes wrong, watch out--the axe starts swinging. The lower-level peons will pay! Things were much better before the turnover started in the upper management ranks. If you are single & looking for a job into which you can pour your whole life, it's a great place to work. If you want a sense of separation of work and personal life, avoid Telamon.
Pros
Great training opportunities, chances to advance, compensation/benefits
Cons
High stress, poor work/life balance
Challenging and Somewhat rewarding workplace
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 27, 2015
Workforce Development Specialist
Assisting clients with enrolling in training programs, long hours of driving in 20 counties assigned territory recruiting new participants for the National Farm workers Job Training Program, Administrative duties daily.
I learned how to manage and properly run a non-profit organization.
Enhancing the lives of the people I served and improve the communities I served.;the most enjoyable part.
Meeting unrealistic goals set by upper management.hardest part of job.
Co-workers were helpful and informative.
Pros
Building relationship to help clients find and secure jobs
Cons
obtaining unrealistic goals, lack of help in office
Great Corporation to work for.
Field Service Clerk/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 29, 2016
I enjoyed working with the farm workers. I learned a lot about case management. My co-workers were great. One of the great difficulties was outreaching for documented farm workers in the area.
Pros
Interacting with customers.
Best non-profit to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2012
love working for this company!

passionate dedicated and hardworking individuals committed to providing quality to improve the life of low-income families, farmworkers, and other groups with special needs.

The best part of the organization is the mission and core values and also the primary reason I joined them five years ago.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I am able to develop with the participants, businesses, partners, and the community in general.

The State Director is the best asset Telamon Virgina has; she supports her staff no matter what and promotes a wonderful work environment based on respect and accountability. No question has ever been unanswered or problem unresolved.

I would say that if your not passionate about making a difference in people's lives, this organization might not be a good fit for you.
Pros
a dream employer! benefits, hours, management, growth, culture, leadership....all wonderful! i completely see a future with this organization.
Cons
haven't found one yet but as soon i see it. i quit. period
love the work - horrible atmostphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 21, 2016
This non profit does such important work in 12 states. However the management is controlling and still uses punishment a lot - as opposed to supporting individuals to be their best More time spent studying their navels or finding ways to study their navels than support staff to grow and provide excellent services. ED is a micromanager and created such a fearful stressful atmosphere for the the upper level staff, they treat their staff the same way. Just depressing place to work - the connection to people served is the only thing that keeps your hope up. Inconsistent treatment of staff - directors play favorites -probably because the ED does. A typical day in management does not exist - the work is somewhat unpredictable. This is more because of the of the kind of work than the agency. The mid level management staff (between directors and direct line) try really hard to support other staff - but they have to watch their backs as well. Good people burn out - there's only so much beating down you can take.
In general, this agency has so much potential but will never get there with the current leadership. Have no contact with them so have no idea whether the board is aware.
Pros
important and rewarding work supporting people really in need
Cons
scary, hypercritical atmosphere, not enough leave time unless you've been there a long time
The most deceptive place in Danville
Program Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 8, 2013
I am a former employer of Telamon. All management discriminate tremendously and they are NOT an equal opportunity employer. I was denied the opportunity to do a pre employment physical and drug screen then fired when I filled monthly prescriptions using the company benefits. I would not recommend Telamon as an employer. Government people thru and thru. Out for themselves. Rude. Sneaky and Liars.
OK to work for
Field Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 8, 2016
Company is growing - thus there are challenges with Employee morale and benefits. Very difficult working atmosphere sometimes. would like to see better communication from HR. HR department is as bad as it gets.
If your looking for long term employment, you have that opportunity with this company
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 15, 2015
I like the company overall, but it lacks in enforcing policies and/or rules. It operates as a Mom & Pops business, to many family and friends, needs to clean house on the ones who does not show up everyday, does not produce, and does not follow the rules, especially cell phones./ Also the pay is not up to par, it needs to be over haul also. If they would assign a lead person to each machine and pay them 50 cents more per hour and hold them responsible for quality parts, then they would not be on probation with Cummins Engines., The job assignments are not difficult, most co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Every quarterly meeting free lunch, Earn paid hours off, free bottled water everyday, Profit sharing
Cons
Health benefits, low pay
Work climate very stressful
Education Disabilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 30, 2015
The work environment is very stressful and the management/employee relationship extremely unpleasant. The advancement is limited and again leadership is unpleasant. I found the environment to be a negative climate.
Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention Counselor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 29, 2013
Steady work assisting homeowners to save their homes. Assist homeowners with budget counseling as well as credit issues they may have. Give ideas and suggestions on how to improve credit scores. Management is ok. Co-workers and I work diligently assisting each client to the best of our ability to help them save their home. Co-workers and I work very well together in a stressful environment. Hardest part of my job is delivering "not so good" information and dealing with the servicers through an electronic portal when sometimes it would be much easier to speak over the phone, but that is not always an option. I feel like a lot of time is wasted going back and forth over email. Most enjoyable part of my job is when I see the expression or hear the expression from a client when they have been approved for some type of mortgage assistance. I find that to be quite rewarding.
Not an exciting place to work
Teacher - Kiddie Kastle III (Former Employee) –  Norman Park, GAMay 1, 2012
Maybe those who work at the headstart in Delaware are lucky and have a memorable experience. At this headstart you always need to watch your back, who you speak to, etc. The managementment needs re-organization, but the little children are just awesome. Just to see their faces light up when they learn something new is worth it. Most of the co-workers are cooperative and eager to help, but its just better if you stay in your room as much as possible. There are cameras everywhere so keep that in mind. If you go,, do your work, interact with the children as much as possible you will be OK....just try not to cross anyone.
Pros
watching the children grow and learn, love they give back in return
Cons
lack of communication, confidentiality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telamon Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8