Telamon Corporation

Telamon Corporation Employee Reviews

Work climate very stressful
Education Disabilities Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 30, 2015
The work environment is very stressful and the management/employee relationship extremely unpleasant. The advancement is limited and again leadership is unpleasant. I found the environment to be a negative climate.
Great place to work if you are willing to learn at a fast pace
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Carmel, INMay 15, 2015
Consisted of meetings and lots of interaction with co-workers. Most work was discussed then delegated accordingly. The delegated work would be joined together by the team lead, who would then present it to the executives.
Very Productive Company
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Douglas, GAMay 11, 2015
I Loved working for this company they give you the opportunity to grow and learn new things. The staff was friendly and never has a problem with them. Assisted on all duties assigned to me on a daily base. I worked as a Youth Counselor and was in charge of payroll. Assisted about 20-30 youth in job finding and job training. This position was a temp position offered by the government.
Career
Housing Director (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2015
Pros: stability and security
Cons: male dominated industry while I was there
The Agency provided growth and advancement for me during a time when many federal organizations were just beginning the move towards the advancement of women. I learned about the lending and mortgage financial environment in the agricultural and single family housing area.

the most enjoyable part of the job was working with low and very low income families become successful homeowners.
Long hours with no personal breaks
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: close office location
Cons: no team feedback from managers
Help desk agents are supports over 12 different companies on the fly. No breaks except for lunch and shifts were 12 hours a day, weekend included. No game room, No café, and No health benefits.
Learning
Manager of Customer Planning (Former Employee), IndianapolisOctober 27, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: the health benefits were not as strong due to "small" company status
Great Company that allowed many opportunities for growth.
Great place.
Bilingual Center Aide (Current Employee), Adrian, MIOctober 20, 2014
Very nice place. Fun staff. Working with kids is great. Lots of fast paced work.
Despite working remotely, I was successful in solving daily engineering and installation issues and concerns.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FlaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: no face time with collegues, or external and internal teams
Typical day starting at 5:00am until 6:00pm. I have learned how to motivate teams remotely. My co-workers were scattered throughout the country will zero face time. The hardest part of my job was to control, – more... track the defect trends and anomalies throughout different territories and to perform Root Cause Analysis in order to prevent future defects and failures throughout the network. Working from home added some sanity to the insanity. – less
Not a good place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Knightdale NCSeptember 21, 2014
Cons: center director, pay, benefits
This job is the worst. They mistreat the staff. No support at all. They will lie to you. Once the center director leaves the place will be a better place.
NIce
Family Service Worker (Former Employee), New Era, MISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: pay, flexible hours
Cons: seasonal
Get to meet new people and their Children. Coworkers are great. Excellent training. Paid Training. Some what flexible in hours.
Educating and providing for children
CENTER AIDE/KITCHEN AIDE (Current Employee), Georgetown, DeAugust 22, 2014
Pros: learning differnt cultural backgrounds.
Enjoying working with children, with different cultures. Learning how to speak different languages, and children correcting you when pronounced incorrectly.
Productive, fast pace and busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2014
I enjoyed this job alot. I learned alot starting as a supervisor working in a different part of the company, working my way up to AA to the managers. I learned alot of different job functions.
great job
center aide (Former Employee), Watervliet, MIApril 17, 2014
working with children was great.i have nothing else to say..........
Great Compensation, Questionable Work Culture
Middle Management (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great training opportunities, chances to advance, compensation/benefits
Cons: high stress, poor work/life balance
I learned a great deal during my time with Telamon. It was challenging, and I gained important skills and knowledge that I will always carry with me. I can honestly say that I am a better person for having – more... worked here; however, the stress to go along with it almost killed me. There was no such thing as work/life balance. I had to give everything to the job, so after 10-12 hour days, I had nothing left to give my family. Upper management will gladly accept any praise that paints them in a positive light but when something goes wrong, watch out--the axe starts swinging. The lower-level peons will pay! Things were much better before the turnover started in the upper management ranks. If you are single & looking for a job into which you can pour your whole life, it's a great place to work. If you want a sense of separation of work and personal life, avoid Telamon. – less
A challanging and productive place to work
Center Director (Current Employee), Glennville, GAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: the meals that are served are free lunches, breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack
Cons: the healthcare is okay but for family coverage, too expensive
This is a good company to work with, it helps families/children to advance. The families/children that are served are migrant families.
The co-workers are great
The hardest part of the job is having enough – more... time to do all that needs to be done in a run-of a day, time management.
The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the faces of those little ones light especially when they are learning through play. – less
unprofessional
teacher assistance (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: unprofessional
I was offered a job with the company & they gave the job away because it took DCD so long to send my letter stating I was qualified to work with kids. So when I called & told them I received the letter they tell me they was waiting on someone else for the position after they had offered it to me.
Nice co workers!
Teacher (Former Employee), GeorgetownJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: liked coworkers
Cons: almost everything
Head Start run by Telemon is no more than a place for parents to drop their kids while they work. The children receive meals and snacks served by "teachers". There is very little if any education instilled – more... by the "teachers" or learning by the students. Too many behavior problems with students - some violent behaviors. "Teachers" are not certified to teach nor are they supported by the administration. Paperwork is overwhelming and "teachers" must take it home to complete. "Teachers" are not compensated for all the work performed. Curriculum does not exist but Admin has convinced State and Federal reviewers that it is being used. Reverse discrimination runs throughout the system. Coworkers were the best part. – less
very professional
Pre-School Teacher (Current Employee), Georgetown, DEDecember 19, 2013
Pros: the children and families and working with them
Cons: not having the support system
Teaching and interacting with the children is a great experience. The mangement could be inproved. Co-workers are great people to work with. The hardess is not having support from supervisor. the most rewarding part is teaching the children through play
The most deceptive place in Danville
Program Office Assistant (Former Employee), Danville, VADecember 8, 2013
I am a former employer of Telamon. All management discriminate tremendously and they are NOT an equal opportunity employer. I was denied the opportunity to do a pre employment physical and drug screen then fired when I filled monthly prescriptions using the company benefits. I would not recommend Telamon as an employer. Government people thru and thru. Out for themselves. Rude. Sneaky and Liars.
Good entry-level employment
Workplace Readiness Specialist (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDSeptember 8, 2013
Company values continuing education but lacks organization. At times it may be difficult to see room for advancement but there are possibilities available depending upon the location

About Telamon Corporation

Following architectural styles of the ancient Greeks, early Roman builders adapted the use of human figures, some called Telamons, – Read more

Telamon Corporation Salaries