Telamon Corporation

Telamon Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Long hours with no personal breaks
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: close office location
Cons: no team feedback from managers
Help desk agents are supports over 12 different companies on the fly. No breaks except for lunch and shifts were 12 hours a day, weekend included. No game room, No café, and No health benefits.
Learning
Manager of Customer Planning (Former Employee), IndianapolisOctober 27, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: the health benefits were not as strong due to "small" company status
Great Company that allowed many opportunities for growth.
Great place.
Bilingual Center Aide (Current Employee), Adrian, MIOctober 20, 2014
Very nice place. Fun staff. Working with kids is great. Lots of fast paced work.
Despite working remotely, I was successful in solving daily engineering and installation issues and concerns.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FlaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: no face time with collegues, or external and internal teams
Typical day starting at 5:00am until 6:00pm. I have learned how to motivate teams remotely. My co-workers were scattered throughout the country will zero face time. The hardest part of my job was to control, track the defect trends and anomalies throughout different territories and to perform Root Cause Analysis in order to prevent future defects and failures throughout the network. Working from home added some sanity to the insanity.
Not a good place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Knightdale NCSeptember 21, 2014
Cons: center director, pay, benefits
This job is the worst. They mistreat the staff. No support at all. They will lie to you. Once the center director leaves the place will be a better place.
NIce
Family Service Worker (Former Employee), New Era, MISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: pay, flexible hours
Cons: seasonal
Get to meet new people and their Children. Coworkers are great. Excellent training. Paid Training. Some what flexible in hours.
Educating and providing for children
CENTER AIDE/KITCHEN AIDE (Current Employee), Georgetown, DeAugust 22, 2014
Pros: learning differnt cultural backgrounds.
Enjoying working with children, with different cultures. Learning how to speak different languages, and children correcting you when pronounced incorrectly.
Productive, fast pace and busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2014
I enjoyed this job alot. I learned alot starting as a supervisor working in a different part of the company, working my way up to AA to the managers. I learned alot of different job functions.
great job
center aide (Former Employee), Watervliet, MIApril 17, 2014
working with children was great.i have nothing else to say..........
Great Compensation, Questionable Work Culture
Middle Management (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great training opportunities, chances to advance, compensation/benefits
Cons: high stress, poor work/life balance
I learned a great deal during my time with Telamon. It was challenging, and I gained important skills and knowledge that I will always carry with me. I can honestly say that I am a better person for having worked here; however, the stress to go along with it almost killed me. There was no such thing as work/life balance. I had to give everything to the job, so after 10-12 hour days, I had nothing left to give my family. Upper management will gladly accept any praise that paints them in a positive light but when something goes wrong, watch out--the axe starts swinging. The lower-level peons will pay! Things were much better before the turnover started in the upper management ranks. If you are single & looking for a job into which you can pour your whole life, it's a great place to work. If you want a sense of separation of work and personal life, avoid Telamon.
A challanging and productive place to work
Center Director (Current Employee), Glennville, GAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: the meals that are served are free lunches, breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack
Cons: the healthcare is okay but for family coverage, too expensive
This is a good company to work with, it helps families/children to advance. The families/children that are served are migrant families.
The co-workers are great
The hardest part of the job is having enough time to do all that needs to be done in a run-of a day, time management.
The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the faces of those little ones light especially when they are learning through play.
unprofessional
teacher assistance (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: unprofessional
I was offered a job with the company & they gave the job away because it took DCD so long to send my letter stating I was qualified to work with kids. So when I called & told them I received the letter they tell me they was waiting on someone else for the position after they had offered it to me.
Nice co workers!
Teacher (Former Employee), GeorgetownJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: liked coworkers
Cons: almost everything
Head Start run by Telemon is no more than a place for parents to drop their kids while they work. The children receive meals and snacks served by "teachers". There is very little if any education instilled by the "teachers" or learning by the students. Too many behavior problems with students - some violent behaviors. "Teachers" are not certified to teach nor are they supported by the administration. Paperwork is overwhelming and "teachers" must take it home to complete. "Teachers" are not compensated for all the work performed. Curriculum does not exist but Admin has convinced State and Federal reviewers that it is being used. Reverse discrimination runs throughout the system. Coworkers were the best part.
very professional
Pre-School Teacher (Current Employee), Georgetown, DEDecember 19, 2013
Pros: the children and families and working with them
Cons: not having the support system
Teaching and interacting with the children is a great experience. The mangement could be inproved. Co-workers are great people to work with. The hardess is not having support from supervisor. the most rewarding part is teaching the children through play
The most deceptive place in Danville
Program Office Assistant (Former Employee), Danville, VADecember 8, 2013
I am a former employer of Telamon. All management discriminate tremendously and they are NOT an equal opportunity employer. I was denied the opportunity to do a pre employment physical and drug screen then fired when I filled monthly prescriptions using the company benefits. I would not recommend Telamon as an employer. Government people thru and thru. Out for themselves. Rude. Sneaky and Liars.
Good entry-level employment
Workplace Readiness Specialist (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDSeptember 8, 2013
Company values continuing education but lacks organization. At times it may be difficult to see room for advancement but there are possibilities available depending upon the location
As many other companies have its goods and areas of improvement
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), Sparta, MIJune 13, 2013
Company has really strong values, and the purpose of the company is great and noble
Call Center - Great Place to work
Iomega Order Manager (Former Employee), Carmel, INMay 9, 2013
Pros: employee stock option
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
strong family oriented value driven company
Supply Chain Program Manager (Former Employee), Carmel, INMay 6, 2013
Pros: family oriented, spirited, flexible work hours
Cons: small company
flexible, innovative and committed to partnership in its business dealings, Telamon is the perfect environment for an individual seeking a stable second income while pursuing and/or prioritizing personal objectives along with the business work week.
Bad upper management. Arrogant , inconsiderate, many are incompetent. Many are self-serving and their main mission is to protect their jobs.
Workforce Develpment Specialist (Former Employee), North CarolinaApril 15, 2013
This non-profit organization,once a good one, no longer practices its mission statement. Upper (corporate & North Carolina state-level) management's primary concern has become to preserve their jobs. Corporate & NC state-level management is in a confused state of disarray. Many of the "old guard" have left and incompetent, self-serving managers have taken their place. The word in related professional circles is that Telamon has performed so poorly that their funding is in jeopardy - and without funding, they cannot exist. In fact, Telamon has, in the past 12 to 18 months, lost several grants because of poor performance. Upper management will fire you without notice and without justifiable reason. I know of several long-term employees to whom this has happened.You should be extremely wary about going to work for Telamon. Telamon is no longer a good place to work. To give my statements credibility, let me say that I worked for Telamon for many years and have witnessed the negative changes I've mentioned.

About Telamon Corporation

Following architectural styles of the ancient Greeks, early Roman builders adapted the use of human figures, some called Telamons, – Read more