Telecare Corporation Employee Reviews

Family cultured work; Great co-workers that enjoy relations. Daily/weekly activities with optional involvement.
Mental Health Nurse/Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Gas reimbursement, paid education opportunities, incentives
Working in mental health and the underserved population in our immediate locations was a eye opening. Most days are filled with unexpected change for better and for worse.

As challenging as it may seem, learning how to assess and guide psychological illness is a key skill in healthcare. On top of that, learning all the resources available to the public allows for higher quality advocacy.

Management will work with you. Also supporting students desiring continuing education, Telecare Corporations offers grants to nurses who decide to advance their licenses or education.

Handling those with poor coping skills or compromised behavior is a challenge, learning to protect yourself and your patient may be a difficult task.

Meeting new patients, working with co-workers, and learning great skills are priceless. I always look forward to working with my co-workers, they make the day fly by.
Management plays favorites. No work ethics.
psc (Former Employee), orange countyJuly 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management's behavior
If you want a place to work where anything goes, this is the job for you. Management gives special hours to their favorites, theses are usually the ones doing the least amount of work. The clinical director provides services and doesn't even document the clients progress in the chart. They are so focused on having a good time they could care less about the clients. The building is about to fall down and no one seems to care. The management is more concerned with decorating their offices. They take the clients comfortable lobby and living room chairs for their offices. The administrator constantly talks behind all of the employees backs, depending on who she is mad at. Hr and division administration don't want to hear the complaints. They protect their management staff at all costs.
Productive and fun
PSCII (Current Employee), Los AngelesJuly 23, 2015
I love telecare. Very diverse. You create your own schedule. The employees care about the members. Hard workers. Staff are caring
An experience I'd like to leave behind. Stay clear and beware!
Personal Service Coordinator II (Former Employee), San Diego-MISSION VALLEY IHOTJuly 21, 2015
Pros: tax payer funded parties and events
Cons: used our own cars
Management played favorites. I felt discriminated. The management promised raises which didn't happen when they said they would. There was a negative and hostile work environment created by a few employees at the IHOT program. Management wasn't decisive in their practices. Dozens of HIPPA violations weekly. Management would allow clients to verbally abuse employees without speaking up or intervening. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Interesting and fulfilling work within a fun and professional environment
Partner, Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Noblesville, INJuly 17, 2015
Running a small business is a wonderful and rewarding experience. I would not consider leaving if there was a way to keep the doors open.
Mental Health
Team Leader (Current Employee), CaliforniaJune 25, 2015
Telecare serves the needs of individuals with persistent, serious mental illness who have the ability to live more independently and avoid long-term hospitalization.
A SOLID COMPANY
Personal Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Yucca Valley, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: County Contracts
Overall a solid company, Telecare Rewards is a nice program which can compensate for otherwise less than desirable pay. Your admin. & program culuture play a key role in making one's job emjoyable.
Great place if you plan never to work
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, OregonMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great pay, nothing to do. Check facebook, email, watch youtube - I'm serious, there really is nothing to do.
Cons: Intense and extreme boredom. If you had dreams of actually working in the mental health field, it may not happen here.
Worked here for about a month.

A typical day consisted of coming in, sitting down, and doing nothing for 8 hours. Occasionally I would ask my supervisor and ask her if I could please do something. Anything to break the 8 hour stretch of sitting down doing utterly nothing.

It was my dream to become a PSS and help people. Now I'm sitting with no work, no clients, and nothing to do - no matter how many times I ask for something to do.

Occasionally asking turned into repeatedly asking, then emailing, then asking for a transfer - which I was denied. So it was back to sitting, and sitting, and sitting... there's only so many times you can sweep the floor and take out the trash until your bored out of your mind and wondering why on earth they hired you if all you're going to do is sit there.

When it became clear that the company wouldn't be assigning us clients for another 2 months, in what was becoming a severely agitated and hostile work environment (which happens when nobody has anything to do and have to resort to pretending like they're working), I decided that was enough.

Telecare is a rather large company, so I have no idea what on earth happened, or why they would hire that many staff then give them nothing to do for months at a time. My experience here was bizarre.
Great company
Recovery Specialists (Former Employee), Ceres, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: To far to drive
The time I was employed with company was great. I enjoyed the staff and the clients I served. I loved my hours that in was schedule to work. I did not have any problems working for this company, they believe in hiring from within. Great company.
productive and enjoyable workplace
Lead Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxMarch 11, 2015
The mot enjoyable part would be counseling clients and being able to help them in their time of need. I learned how to work as a team member in a positive environment.
Positive Culture
social worker (Current Employee), CalifMarch 10, 2015
Pros: culture of caring and support
Cons: moderate pay level
There is no typical day at an inpatient psych facility that is locked. You can only rely on everything changing at a fairly rapid pace. The best part of the job is the culture that Telecare promotes which is that we need to have fun with our jobs and coworkers and clients, even if it is a high stress and safety conscious environment. So lucky to have experienced this along with very professional and caring staff. Yes there are always issues to deal with but overall the experience is one I will never forget, and I mean that in a good way!
Mental Health
Administrative/HR Assistant(Generalist) (Former Employee), Paramount, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Mental health environment both the patients and employees that should sum it up and give a clear picture

Horrible management, no support, retaliation, favortism......
employee (Former Employee), Sanger, CaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free meals, benefits
Cons: retaliation, favortism, anxiety, no support, gossip, lies, fakeness
Regardless of what anyone may post, the actions going on within the facility speak for them selves. In the 4 yrs its been open, the Administrative team and dept managers have been cleaned out or left (3-4x complete rotation) due to the politics, games and horrible over see of the program You have a dept manager that will wear many faces and lie to get what they need from you or any other staff. There is clear favoritism for the staff who like to ego stroke. You have a dept head who gets away with bad language or finger flipping but lower level staff get disciplined for minor things. There is personal revenge/retaliation if you don't follow the upper level band wagon.Staff You can have exceptional work but if you don't rub with the right click you will be let go. The like to intimidate and put targets on your back openly which make going to work every day extremely difficult, youll loose sleep and end up with extreme anxiety awaiting your termination day. Outside of the upper level staff and corporate ignoring whats going on there (it can always be that the staff leaving or being fired is inadequate) look at the 2 that keep staying over the building) I did love my job, the clients, the remaining staff and my benefits. But the main questions to ask yourself is, how long will you last there!
A team oriented facility where the clients matter.
Housekeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee), villa fairmontJanuary 31, 2015
It was a fun place full of friendly staff . everyone is a part of the team and the common goal was to help people get better.Every day had different challenges. the hardest part was seeing clients return but the good part was there was no failures just opportunity to do bettter.
REALLY AWFUL PLACE TO WORK, NO STRUCTURE, NO DIRECTION VERY POOR MANAGEMANT
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), MISSION VALLEY SAN DIEGOJanuary 24, 2015
Cons: stay away
WORKED ALMOST 8 WEEKS ADMINISTRATOR KEPT CHANGING JOB DISCRIPTION. STAFF WAS BULLYING EVERYONE, NOTHING DONE, DUE TO WEAK LEADERSHIP. ADMINISTRATOR WAS INTIMIDATED AND WOULD PULL STAFF IN HER OFFICE TO INTERROGATE ON A WEAKLY BASIS. REGIONAL DIRECTOR HAD NO CONTROL OVER PROGRAM, DID NOT EVEN BOTHER TO CHECK OUT COMPLAINTS. HIPPA VIOLATIONS LEFT AND RIGHT, NO RESPECT FOR PARTICIPANTS OR THEIR FAMILIES.
Good company but changing at senior management level
Regional Director of Operations and Development (Current Employee), Alameda, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: company mission and culture
Cons: changing executive management.
Telecare Corporation is a family and employee owned company providing behavioral health care services in eight states. There have been changes at the executive management level over the past two to three years. The culture of the company is changing.
Horrible management
Psychiatric Social Worker (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 30, 2014
While working there, I learned a lot. But it was not what I had expected. This is program specific, and not to the entire organization. The program I work for has a high turnover and is poorly managed by people that absolutely should not be in leadership positions. Poor people skills.
Great work enviornment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Orange, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: holiday parties
Cons: none at this time
Great place to work for. Co workers are professional. Hardest part of the job is to remember not to take anything personal when dealing with clients. Company offers many certifications which are payed for by the company.
telecare best
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Castro Valley, CASeptember 10, 2014
wonderful company very attentive and caring to the clients and staff.I would definatly work for the company again.
Recovery Centered
Intake & Admission Nurse/Asst Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CaAugust 15, 2014
Working for Telecare has been an experience. The patients come in needing our assistance and leave with a renewed confidence to continue on in their daily life activities. The staff are recovery oriented.