Telecare Corporation Employee Reviews

Locked Unit with sixteen beds...new service for the city of Portland and Multnomah County
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonOctober 7, 2017
New facility, with usual stressors in opening a facility for this administrator.
Wages for employees were low which did not help increase the local employee pool of professionals.
Good use of recovery model.
1600 Folks entered and were discharged to placement during my tenure without any restraints used..
Pros
New services provided for the City that were needed. Recovery Model for MH consumers.
Cons
Lack of competitive salaries for staff, turnover with staff.
The worst place to work
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sanger, CAOctober 4, 2017
Great place to be if you truly believe in the mission. Love client care. If you stand up for what is right, and they disagree with you there are negative consequences.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Management retaliates, targets and is unprofessional
Too much favoritism
Personal Coordinator lll (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAOctober 3, 2017
Too much favoritism and lots of staff splitting. No accountability and lots of intimidation. No communication among the management. A typical day with the new management was stressful like walking on egg shells unless you were their favorite. The hardest part of the job was trying to please the management which was almost impossible.
The most enjoyable part was working with the residents. To see them stabilize their negative symptoms was rewarding. To see them smile and to hear them laugh was the best.
Pros
Seeing the residents stabilize.
Cons
favoritism, intimidation
Great Place to Work
ADMINISTRATOR, OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CAOctober 2, 2017
I truly recommend this company to anyone interested. If I lived in CA, I would only work for Telecare. They really treat their employees well, with career longevity. This is something we don't see much with executives. Great careers but difficult to sustain in top positions for one organization. With Telecare, you don't have to keep moving!
Their employees
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 28, 2017
I love the supervisors and nurses. They vacation day and benefits are o.k.. I would not advise anyone to work there. It would be o.k. for a second job, because the pay is so low.
Scheduling was chaotic sometimes, lots of growth opportunities
LVN (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 16, 2017
learned how to work with diverse clients
like working with minors
paid overtime
company parties
not intimidated to ask questions of senior staff
other nurses were hard to work with and sometimes lazy
floors and walls got dirty when busy
Pros
free food, liked my team
Cons
sometimes hard to get enough staff on shifts
Great Experience
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 10, 2017
Nearly any educational level can find a position at Telerate, however if you have your Master's you have the possibility of moving all the way to the top. The environment is extremely fast paced, which some people like, and it makes the time go by fast. There are documentation requirements as well so time management and personal accountability are a must! I really enjoy the people who work for Telerate and the member's are great. The knowledge I have gained regarding mental illness has been priceless and truly changed my outlook on society as a whole.

The join can be super stressful so self care people!!
Pros
The people & benefits
Cons
low pay
no review
Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 9, 2017
each day you come to work no one says hello. you do your best and no one cares at the end of the day. Look for another place to woerk. thank you so much
Best and worst job I ever had.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sanger, CASeptember 8, 2017
The job is challenging but rewarding. No two days are the same. It is mostly a paper based company so paperwork takes a long time to complete.
The nurses are amazing and proud to have worked with them. The biggest issue is upper management. They don't seem to appreciate how hard nurses work and lack compassion.
It could be a great place to work if nurses were allowed to do their job without being micromanage or made to feel that nothing they do is correct.
Pros
free meals, clients were great, Recovery Specialists and DON are great
Cons
Micromanage by upper management, can get stuck working multiple shifts if there is a call off, can be very stressful.
Best job I ever had
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2017
The people at Telecare are amazing. They truly live recovery. Members are treated with dignity and respect and more importantly love and compassion. If you are a peer support looking to make an impact this is the place for you.
Pros
Management and staff are authentic in their care for members
Stressful
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2017
I was a field based case manager. Part of my requirements were to see 5-8 patients daily and bill Department of Mental Health. These requirements caused feelings of being overwhelmed.
Pros
Income
Cons
Stressful
Great Company
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2017
Absolutely the Best, Telecare Agewise is a company that works with the San Diego County Mental Health, for 60 years of age or older. Wonderful co-workers, team leaders & managers!
Pros
Great people & place to work
Cons
Doesn't pay well
Benefits
Board certified NP (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 12, 2017
Be careful NPs before accepting the benefits package believing that your healthcare premiums are part of the promised full benefits package. Telecare DOES NOT provide a comprehensive benefits package for the Nurse Practitioners. The corporation only pays 30% of the health care premium and therefore the NP pays the majority of the premium. RNs, LVNs, PSCs, and all the other Telecare employees are provided a full benefits package including full coverage for healthcare. Telecare employs the MDs and NPs through a seperate corporation TLC.
Pros
Dedicated and passionate Administrator and support staff.
Cons
Sub-standard benefits package
Fulfilling job if you work from the heart
Recovery Specialist II/ Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJuly 23, 2017
I looked forward to the days I worked because I knew that I would most likely be making an impact in someones life. This Patients can be difficult to work with, but that is understandable considering they are going through a period of crisis. Work from your heart and don't get too caught up in some of the employee drama, and you will feel great about the work that you are doing. I enjoyed my coworkers 99% of the time and the director was amazing, but she left the company shortly before I did.
Very disorganized
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2017
No one is ever on the same page and mixed messages are frequent! In this area consistency is of the utmost importance yet it is nonexistent here. Very disappointing!
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Disorganized
It's a challenging job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 18, 2017
Distribution of assignments is not fair.Management is not fairly on treatments on their employees.I was been working here for 16 yrs.now that new management is changing which affects their employees.
Could benefit from new management
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAJuly 18, 2017
This Telecare had, and still has, great potential. Unfortunately, over the past year Management has caused stressful conditions and a very high turnover rate. Sadly, I have witnessed several employees leave over confusing, unsafe, inconsistent rules and policies. Lack of staff has compounded the stressful conditions by increasing work load on a consistent basis. Management has been known to treat several professional employees very poorly while appearing to tolerate and often encourage ( due to negligence) unprofessional behavior from hired friends of management. Overall feeling of unprofessionalism.
Pros
Coworkers, clients, meaningful work.
Cons
Poor management right now.
stressful job and clients not cared for
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2017
Staff had to play the role of nurses and give out medication and follow doctors orders. We had to be chefs and prepare recipes and cook from scratch. None of this was on the job description. One client died who was never ever fed a diabetic diet like he needed. Clients with drug and alcohol addictions were allowed to go out and get loaded and come back with no repercussions or treatment. No management ever followed any house rules and the place I worked was run like a mad house.
Pros
steady pay every 2 weeks
Cons
no real care or limit setting for clients
Quiet and Comfortable Work Environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAJuly 5, 2017
Great place to work. Work-Life balance is better than most bay area companies. People are very friendly. It can get stressful at times, but most days are manageable.
Busy productive days working with severely mentally ill clients
Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2017
This job was primarily providing outpatient behavioral health case management services to people with mental illness. I have learned several important work environment skills throughout the 7 years working at Telecare
Pros
occasional employee lunch gatherings
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telecare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9