Telecom Employee Reviews

Good for the young and single
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 4, 2017
Not a bad place to work at all. If you want hours you will get many. I have a new family and need a bit more home time then i was receiving with Telecom. 40 hour work weeks I'm very happy with and some overtime here and there is OK with me.
Pros
good money
Cons
Hot summers, cold winters, many many hours to be worked.
Pleasant work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 2, 2017
Filing, create spread sheets for vehicle fleet insurance, made flight arrangements for CEO. Copy work, clerical and secretarial jobs done upon request
Pros
Nice co-works, job close to home
Cons
Low pay scale, no advancement
Great place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Almost half of my customer service capabilities came from this place. They believe in efficiency and quality services. The main thing is to ensure customer satisfaction over anything else.
Pros
On site work out center
Cons
Small cubicles
Good workplace nice people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 18, 2017
a typical day at work involves clocking in and taking calls, not much to say about it other than it was a fun experience, I learned how to juggle multiple accounts, management was not really the best but not the worst, the co workers are all pretty lively and the hardest part of the job quite honestly is just the workload that seems to be stockpiled as you go on and it was really fun meeting new people as well as assisting people over the phone
Work at home in your pajamas.
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2016
Extensive calls from people. I learned a little more about tax laws that I did not know. Hard to know co-workers from home. Management was good. Hardest part of job was keeping calls short. Enjoyable part was testing my knowledge.
Pros
Don't have to fight traffic.
Cons
Hard to get questions answered quickly when you need them.
cutting edge work enviroment
e911 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2015
Played a part in e911 technology retro fit in several major U.S. cities was very exciting to help first responders be able to cut their response time to accidents considerably
productive work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  scJanuary 26, 2015
being apart of telecom was a great experience for me it was very productive and organized. i enjoyed going to work because i loved what i did.but i had to leav on bad terms because my grandmother got sick and they would not allow me to take a leave so i just left but by the time i had gotten to my grandmother she had already passed away so that is why im no longer there
Sales Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 5, 2015
It's a newspaper sales company where the telemarketer calls possible candidates and tries to persuade them to buy the newspaper. I've learned that your going to deal with harsh customers no matter what.Some days you are making lots of sales and some days you aren't. The management staff cheers everyone on and encourages the employees to make enough sales for the day. The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to sales many newspapers as you can for the day when customers don't even try to listen to you. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning your weaknesses and your strengths.
Pros
Commission
Cons
salary
Learning and Fun @ work place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago,ILDecember 9, 2014
Good at work
Get good knowledge
Have Fun at work
Newly learned a lot of things
Management is very good
Fun workplace
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXDecember 2, 2014
loved call center environment learned so many techniques to great customer service. Co-workers very down to earth. What I enjoyed most about this job is the customers.
Pros
company recongnition
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about Telecom?

Ask a question
assist customers with account information and direct clients to the approiate dept
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2014
answer inbound calls and provide customers with accurate infromation pretaining to their account/collect or reimburse payments
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Steadfast work enviorment
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  2201 Oakland , CaApril 8, 2014
Great to have energy in w workplace and here you will enjoy lots of it , peers on the sales floor even customers
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
No windows
over all job was ok but meeting new people was cool
Satellite Dish Installer / Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYOctober 7, 2013
alot of travel
any hour of day
work was based on salesman making sale and service work
pay varied
d
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 26, 2013
i was an on call driver
i suddenly saw others
it was totally out of cities
Loved coming to work everyday
Call Center/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 22, 2013
We sold the newspaper so a typical day at work was sitting at my cubicle with my head set in front of my computer reading a script! But what I liked about my manager is that they allowed us to make it our own! Not word for word! I learned how to handle frustration and really how to handle difficult/ rude customers. I learned how to be more confident with my sales pitch! Go for the Gold!! My co workers were amazing, we weren't just coworkers we were a family! We would always look out for each other and our families. The hardest part of the job was leaving (maternity leave). The most enjoyable part was all the money I was making not just for the company, but also myself!
Pros
instant family, job security, awesome managment, great pay
fast paced work place
sales represenative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 14, 2012
typical day includes making sales over the phone all over the united states with small quotas to meet which made the work challenging but fun at the same time
Pros
daily cash bonuses
Cons
no free parking
Director of Asset Disposition (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJune 20, 2012
Value the individual contributor's input experience and expertise.
Pros
very interested in feedback
Cons
culture
Is a company with great opportunities to learn
National and International Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Bogota, NJApril 19, 2012
Every day has their own challenge with good amount of joy as solution are reached.
I learned a lot tech issues.
Management was very competitive.
We were more buddies than coworkers.
The hardest part of the job was to get a work agreement between 800 call center operators and the company administration.l
The most enjoyable was that at least the 90% of my students were successfull
benefits
Cons
lack in customer service