Teledyne Brown Engineering Employee Reviews

Good Ole Boy Network
Switchboard operator relief/Security (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 19, 2017
While I enjoyed my job, the atmosphere of the company was very lacking. It was a total good ole boy network. While I was treated fairly, I saw many examples of others being treated unfairly.
Excellent company. Payscale could be improved
Planning (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 20, 2017
Excellent company but the pay scale should be more inline with their competitors. In order to recruit the best talent they should pay accordingly. They have an excellent wellness program.
Family oriented company with poor management
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 10, 2017
Workplace culture was comfortable with flexible hours.
Managers need better people skills.
A job well done is rarely commended or rewarded. The most I've ever received was a signed certificate of commendation. No bonuses for employees who actually fulfill the work requirements.
Pros
Cafeteria provided
Cons
Low yearly raises and few bonuses
Teledyne Brown was an exciting place to work
Materials/ Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 12, 2017
Working at TBE was rewarding and a learning experience. This job involved developing and manufacturing space-flight hardware for NASA space shuttle science experiments. A very fun and intelligent group of people to work with.
Tbe
ILS Manager for Site Development and Operations (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 5, 2017
Very professional atmosphere. Mostly focused on engineering but there are some logistics tasks from time to time. Advancement is possible for those who step up and take on more responsibility.
Play favorites
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 22, 2017
They are very clicky and only care about numbers not the employee. Not a career destination and I would recommend a different company. They do not follow or even know their own policies.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Hands-on Engineering Environment
Space Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2017
I worked as an engineering summer intern in the Space Systems Division. Management was terrific and allowed me to take on significant responsibility and mentored me along the way. A typical day of work was largely in the office (CAD, document review) but was also involved with some clean room and manufacturing work which was done across the parking lot. Seeing the project enter the production phase was one of the best parts of the job.

Overall a fantastic internship experience.
Will never go back
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 22, 2017
Worked 7 days a week for 2 months to ship a project on time. Was laid off shortly after. Did not receive any compensation increase after graduation. Engineering manager was not approachable and had a talent at making you feel like an idiot when you had questions.
Na
NA (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 31, 2017
I do not want to write a review and do not feel that I should be forced to do so. This is a wonderful company and I enjoy working for them. I do not have 150 characters to express that.
Learning Experience
Intern Robotics Department (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 23, 2017
had a chance to programmed setup and tested Robotic configurations for EIT troubleshooting, generated shop drawings (2D and 3D ) utilizing AutoCad, and provided configuration management and revision tracking oversight and reporting.
Good place to work, no job security
2nd Shift Lead/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 16, 2017
Nice environment to work in, good people. No real opportunity for advancement because the "good ole boy" system is well in place. So if you are not skilled at making management your friend then you probably won't last long.
Cons
Job security
Good place to work but no work/life balance
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 30, 2017
Pursuing self employment -- currently employed by Verify as independent contractor
Source Inspection position desired
Can work with 1099
Immediate availability after May, 2017
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no work/life balance
Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2017
Excellent employer that pride then self in taking good care of their employees. Balance work and home life with challenging tasks.Encourage workers to pursue advance education and provide financial assistance to the workers.
Pros
Take care of their workers
Cons
Depend on goverment contracts
Great Place Great People
ME (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 5, 2017
It was been great working here. By far, the best group of people I have had the privilege of working with. The only concern I've had has been with the company keeping enough work to keep people busy. But they are very slow to let people go and will make every effort to find work with other departments before that will happen.
Pros
Great People
Cons
None really
good first job for college gaduates
Shipping / Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 3, 2017
good place to work, good management, great coworkers very caring, open lines of communication, good benefits, compensation very good.
Pros
good place to work, career advancement, education assistance
Cons
Productive and great place to work
Mechanical Assembler Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2016
when you get in check overhead cranes for safety check. Make sure all tools are in their place. Do a inspection on forklift to make sure everything is working properly.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Job ended
Great if you got a pension
Employee (Current Employee) –  TeledyneAugust 23, 2016
If you started working when Teledyne provided a pension then I am sure Teledyne is great. If you started after they stopped providing a pension, then your salary is low because you are paying for other people's pensions.
Great place to work in
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2016
I had a very nice experience working for TBE and the people were very nice and supportive. Management and HR were very supportive and caring towards employees.
Great place to work for, especially for engineers
Logistics / Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 18, 2016
My typical day started with creating time lines for manufacturing projects for the DOD, armed forces, and multiple more.
Pros
Great hours, great management, laid back, no micromanagement
Cons
Flexible hours and treated like a person
System Administrator/Information Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 23, 2016
Work environment is great. I enjoy the people I work with. It is a very busy environment however.

Workload is heavy but doable.
Pros
Treated like an adult
Cons
Busy schedule can be quite stressful at times.