Teledyne Brown Engineering

Teledyne Brown Engineering Employer Reviews

Productive Environment with Great Teamwork
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 9, 2015
Pros: flex time, cafeteria, friendly environment, job security
Cons: low pay raises, average benefits, no bonuses
I've enjoyed working with this company. I can't speak for every group, but the group I work in is very close-knit. The program I've worked on has had very strong funding, but there are groups that have not, which is typical for this industry. Our customers have been very pleased with the products we've produced. I floated around projects early in my employment, and this company made every effort to place me another project, so they really seem to protect their own.
Good working environment
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours, great co-workers
Cons: unrealistic deadlines
Always a challenge with the number of projects and deadlines. Really enjoy my co-workers and the users that is support directly. The hardest part of the job is having to support companies remotely that could be 3000 miles away.
Technology and Contractor Driven Environment
Principal Business Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 4, 2015
Reviewing and helping Control Account Managers with their financial budgets, EAC, and Earned Value. Management is very focused on their goals and achieving the bottom line. Co-workers are very nice and typically easy to get along with.
Confusion, bickering, demanding, are this companies management philosophies.
Site Leader (Former Employee), Midland, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: depressing, demeaning, demanding, non-guidance, highly critical, no positives, too many dynamics working against each other.
This company provides management though non-leadership expecting and demanding results without any job training, job guidelines or infrastructure setup to provide methods to achieve results. Bickering between management, employees and interfacing companies provides for an environment where answers to questions are given vaguely providing an atmosphere that is confusing and dark. If you enjoy working in a vague environment, non-cooperation between all parties, no guidance or direction with high mgmt. expectations, being left out on a limb, being negatively criticized for everything you do, and always working on eggshells, then this is the company for you. Note: One star rating is too generous!
One Terrific Experience
Help Desk Manager/Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Marshall, ALJanuary 15, 2015
Never had a position so wonderfully full of excitement and challenge on a daily basis. Always something new and fun going on here.
It's a Job
Business Development Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 14, 2014
Horrible management. No communication.

Great co-workers.
system engineering
Sr. Systems Engr /. Project Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Boeing JetplexAugust 4, 2014
good company unfortunately, the GMD program was canceled as well as the NASA ARES I program
Productive and fun workplace
Research and Development Engineer (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Is an excellent place to work with great benefits. Hardest part is being laid off due to the funding being lost for the project.
Good company and friendly atmosphere
Systems Engineer III - Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Boeing JetPlex and NASA MSFCJuly 16, 2014
Cons: government reductions caused layoffs
I gained a better insight at the GMD program and NASA program before the cuts came. It was a good experience and wish TBE had other options rather than having to find new work.
great company
Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 8, 2014
- great company to gain many knowledge from outside of classroom settings.
Great defense contractor, stable work environment.
Senior Systems Engineer / Network Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 7, 2014
Great defense contractor, stable work environment. Well-known in Huntsville area.
Great company
Program Analyst - Weapon System Test Director (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Coordinate Ground Based Interceptor (GBI) Command Launch Equipment (CLE) operations at Vandenberg AFB, CA and Ft. Greely, AK for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Ground Test - Distributed (GTD) activities. Responsibilities included personnel deployment schedules, maintaining current test procedures, checklists, daily status reports, and daily coordination meeting support.
Productive Workplace with Great Work Associates
Tech (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: the harder you work, the easier it is to advance.
Cons: no increase in pay for advancement. vague pay scaling.
Product production and processing are a huge part of a typical day. The coworkers are nothing short of a great group of people.
Friendly supportive company
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 18, 2013
Pros: cares about employees
Cons: rif because of lost or cancelled contracts
Primarily government contract work. Management that cares about the employees.
Good company
Senior Logistical Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2013
Supported National Missile Defense Progam.
Learned about the NMD program and logistical support.
Good management and co-workers.
Hardest part was meeting short suspenses.
Best part was seeking objectives being met on time.
A great job.
Utility Helper (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2013
Pros: i liked the hours and job.
Cons: the drive from home to huntsville.
I liked working at Teledyne. I was a Utility helper. I cleaned out old rooms and buildings. I was put in charge of a small team of 2 people. We were put on a remodeling contract to restore the plant and make it look nice and new again. I painted a lot, I separated things to be thrown away. It was tough work but I liked my job.
Advanced Programs
Manager, Advanced Programs (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2013
Pros: great high tech firm
Responsible for both strategic planning and the capture of revenue and IBT for five business lines. This involved assessing the market potential, company services offering, and the development and execution of capture and marketing plans that were highly successful in bringing new business to the firm. This specifically included developing product line road maps, overhead models, customer and subcontractor negotiation strategies, and risk mitigation plans. Developed and formalized both the capture management and proposal management processes for the firm. Singularly responsible for developing cost/contract/risk strategies for all proposals within the division. Managed division-wide B&P and IR&D accounts ($2M annually). Successful in identifying and capturing significant new business contracts, including; FAST, STOC, AFOTEC ETS, AFOTEC GOS, ATEC, FCS Mule, CH47 ES, MDNT, Alt Booster, and Deepwater efforts. Developed and acquired the PES, Logworld, MOBIS, and SEAPORT GSA/GWAC Schedules for the firm. In a lesser role, supported the capture of: TCM, TML, CMIS, JT&E, FSST, LCS MPDL, and JRDC.
Overall a great place to work
Government Subcontractor, Program Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 2, 2013
Obtains strong prime contracts. Is a great place to work long-term and advance over the course of your career.
Great long term career goals
Government Subcontractor, Program Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: pretty good wages and decent security
Cons: lots of corporate policies
This company offers a lot of internal movement for advancement. It's a large company so you can always be heading up the chain, or if you're happy where you're at you can just stay there, too. This company is always winning prime contracts so you're usually in the clear - at least for a while.
The work environment encourages teamwork, creativity and excellence.
OSF System Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 2, 2012
Pros: learning environment
Cons: dod funding issues.
Great place to work. Enjoyed the project challenges and accomplishments.