Teledyne Brown Engineering Employee Reviews in United States

Aerospace and Defense Contractor
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 12, 2016
Fast paced setting. Worked with Aerospace and Defense contractors including NASA and the U.S. Military on various projects.
Deadline and cost driven to manage delivery and budget requirements.
Enjoyed the pace and awarding results.
Hardest part was dealing with the various audits required in government and aerospace contracts.
Ruled by a dictator
Service tech (Former Employee) –  Midland MichiganJanuary 25, 2016
If you like working for a narcissistic dictator this is a job for you. You'll be under scrutiny the day you start. You will do as the dictator tells you or he will get rid of you. The more experience you have the more of a threat you are to the dictator. Site leaders do not last long at this place thanks to the dictator. Save yourself some trouble and keep looking for a job.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Ruled by a dictator
LOVE my job
Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 7, 2016
We are able to work a flexible time schedule as long as we get 40 hrs per week in my area, I have learned Solid Edge, Solid Works and a little bit of CREO.. Management is great as well as co workers. I absolutely LOVE my job here. Just things are really getting slow and it does not take a Rocket Scientist to see the writing on the wall...that is why I am putting my resume out here. If we were to get another contract, I would probably stay here.
Flexible hours and treated like a person
System Administrator/Information Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 23, 2016
Work environment is great. I enjoy the people I work with. It is a very busy environment however.

Workload is heavy but doable.
Pros
Treated like an adult
Cons
Busy schedule can be quite stressful at times.
Fragmented leadership that resulted in Ineffective business strategy
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 6, 2015
Hired to come in and contact damage control and business recovery for their radioactive waste management business. While support staff was excellent, the interest and support of upper management and the ability of the top company managers to work together and integrate a forward looking business strategy resulted in an extraordinary level of stress for middle managers and staff.
Cons
Inadequate office facilities, lack of good long term planning
Exciting
Designer 1 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 11, 2015
I have been with Teledyne 2 times in my career and both times was some of the most rewarding and highest level of learning that I could have received.
Aerospace Machine Shop
CNC Programmer Contract thru "The Experts" (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 2, 2015
A lot of work when there is work, They use Unigraphics ( NX8.5) and have a large selection of cutting tools. A fair selection of CNC Machines and a good sheet metal shop as well as welding.
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
This job was a great learning experience
Shipping Clerk/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, Al.June 25, 2015
My typical day at Teledyne was coming in to work and gathering information on the days shipments. The addresses, the quantity and packaging had to be correct. If we needed crates or boxes, I ordered them per the dimensions and specs required. Teledyne sent my supervisor and myself to Anniston Army Depot to be certified for Hazmat shipping. I returned certified, my supervisor did not. So I had to put my name on the manifest on Hazardous Material shipments. And might I add, that none was returned due to the paperwork or packaging. There, I also became a certified fork lift driver. Our work slowed down for a time because all the contracts ran out. They had a large layoff which I was included in. My overall experience with Teledyne BrownEngineering was great.
Pros
A great family atmosphere.
Interesting work, terrible management
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 6, 2015
Promotions are rare. Everyone here is late in their career. Raises are minimal.

Many of the people here have been here for years, since "the good old days". They hang together and promote amongst themselves.

Most of the non-managers are very nice and knowledgeable. Management culture, however, is more like a "my way or the highway" sort. It is not fun.
Pros
Health insurance is good
Cons
Bad management, no feedback
My actual first learning real employement.
Facility System Operator II (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal and MSFCMarch 24, 2015
Great company, I got to work and travel to places around the world that I would have never gotten a chance to do anywhere else. I went from building Missiles, tracked vehicles, and Radars for the DoD to the experience of handling and operating Cryogenics along with High Pressure facilities and the building and calibrating of Liquid Oxygen clean components at the Marshall Space Flight Center.
Great place to work and would not have left it if the money was to good to turn down by MRC.
Pros
Fun place to learn and grow your knowledge base and all the employees became part of the family.
Cons
Low raises and low pay scale.
Productive Environment with Great Teamwork
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 9, 2015
I've enjoyed working with this company. I can't speak for every group, but the group I work in is very close-knit. The program I've worked on has had very strong funding, but there are groups that have not, which is typical for this industry. Our customers have been very pleased with the products we've produced. I floated around projects early in my employment, and this company made every effort to place me another project, so they really seem to protect their own.
Pros
flex time, cafeteria, friendly environment, job security
Cons
low pay raises, average benefits, no bonuses
Great place to work professionally
Sr. Design Checker (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 30, 2015
Enjoyed working there. I have worked for this company in the past.Company offered professional working environment with good leadership.
Pros
Good location and good people to work with.
Cons
Job assignment didn't last.
Good working environment
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaFebruary 4, 2015
Always a challenge with the number of projects and deadlines. Really enjoy my co-workers and the users that is support directly. The hardest part of the job is having to support companies remotely that could be 3000 miles away.
Pros
flexible working hours, great co-workers
Cons
unrealistic deadlines
Confusion, bickering, demanding, are this companies management philosophies.
Site Leader (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 27, 2015
This company provides management though non-leadership expecting and demanding results without any job training, job guidelines or infrastructure setup to provide methods to achieve results. Bickering between management, employees and interfacing companies provides for an environment where answers to questions are given vaguely providing an atmosphere that is confusing and dark. If you enjoy working in a vague environment, non-cooperation between all parties, no guidance or direction with high mgmt. expectations, being left out on a limb, being negatively criticized for everything you do, and always working on eggshells, then this is the company for you. Note: One star rating is too generous!
Cons
depressing, demeaning, demanding, non-guidance, highly critical, no positives, too many dynamics working against each other.
Technology and Contractor Driven Environment
Principal Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 4, 2015
Reviewing and helping Control Account Managers with their financial budgets, EAC, and Earned Value. Management is very focused on their goals and achieving the bottom line. Co-workers are very nice and typically easy to get along with.
Teledyne Tekmar
Work Coordinator/ PPM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 13, 2015
I love this company on a blue collar level, but management does not get involved and look out for it's people. The pay is not up to par with the cost of living.
Great company
Program Analyst - Weapon System Test Director (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 20, 2014
Coordinate Ground Based Interceptor (GBI) Command Launch Equipment (CLE) operations at Vandenberg AFB, CA and Ft. Greely, AK for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Ground Test - Distributed (GTD) activities. Responsibilities included personnel deployment schedules, maintaining current test procedures, checklists, daily status reports, and daily coordination meeting support.
Pros
family atmosphere
Great long term career goals
Government Subcontractor, Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2013
This company offers a lot of internal movement for advancement. It's a large company so you can always be heading up the chain, or if you're happy where you're at you can just stay there, too. This company is always winning prime contracts so you're usually in the clear - at least for a while.
Pros
pretty good wages and decent security
Cons
lots of corporate policies
A great job.
Utility Helper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2013
I liked working at Teledyne. I was a Utility helper. I cleaned out old rooms and buildings. I was put in charge of a small team of 2 people. We were put on a remodeling contract to restore the plant and make it look nice and new again. I painted a lot, I separated things to be thrown away. It was tough work but I liked my job.
Pros
i liked the hours and job.
Cons
the drive from home to huntsville.
Stable work environment
Administration (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 29, 2015
Busy environment with many opportunities for technical and staff level individuals. Traditional corporate structure with headquarters on the west coast.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teledyne Brown Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2